10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Well going by what the guy said in that video, there's no way it's going to have a mandatory sub.

Video:
    I'm confused. What's a "mandatory sub"? Is it like SWTOR where you play 50% of the game for free, and 50% of the other part for €13 a month?

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I'm confused. What's a "mandatory sub"? Is it like SWTOR where you play 50% of the game for free, and 50% of the other part for €13 a month?
    Mandatory sub means you have to pay a sub fee to even play the game.

In SWTOR's case. You have to pay a sub to not feel like a second class citizen.

why the fuck is that interview on a beach

Deleted
    when wow was the only real decent mmo about, subs didn't seem to matter.. along come a few new mmos with subs and that's when the trouble starts.
    people either cant afford to pay a sub for more than 1 game, or haven't got time to play a new mmo so stick with wow or both.
    then they realised they tried the new mmos paying a sub but soon realised they either weren't as good as wow or plain just weren't wow so gave up and went back to wow.

why do subs have to cost £9 a month anyway?? why not £5?? much better, cash rolling in, more choice for consumer.

I know lots of people who wont give up wow just because of the time and money they've ploughed into it over the years whether theyre enjoying atm or not.
    so yea I think the whole paying subs system has got to change or any new mmo will just fade away..

I found the urge to quit wow for good last year and cant wait for Wildstar, it does look fresh and cool. the best part of Wildstar for me that all other mmos haven't got right is the character jumping animation and screen control. rift and tor were fekkin horrible to look at when jumping about ;p wildstar looks like its got the best bits of wow woven into it so yea kinda excited lol.. (sad innit where I value the way my toons behave when jumping about my screen ;p)

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So people can stare at that blonde wearing the bikini.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    It's when, if you don't pay you can't log in.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    To document the phenomenon of having a British beach be warm enough to actually sunbathe on.

Quote Originally Posted by owain glyndwr View Post
    when wow was the only real decent mmo about, subs didn't seem to matter.. along come a few new mmos with subs and that's when the trouble starts.
    why do subs have to cost £9 a month anyway?? why not £5?? much better, cash rolling in, more choice for consumer.
    Keep in mind, the majority of WoW players, about 60-70% of them, DO NOT PAY A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION. They have a better model called PPH, pay per hour, where they buy time cards like 100 hours (which I think is about 6 cents an hour?). Meaning that RL issues could pop up and you wouldn't be being charged for time not spent playing.

So... yeah. Not even WoW is pulling off the monthly subscription thing as well as they would like the world to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    There is an obvious downward trend as all the people who were attracted by transition had reached level 60 and realized how grindy and boring Rift was and is. In couple of weeks their player numbers will return to old values.
    There is such a trend in EVERY MMORPG. People simply don't want to invest the time needed to gear up. They would rather get into LFR and get free loot.
    My guild (that recently merged with another) consisted of people that never ever played Rift before F2P - we had about 20 members, most of them already reached 60 and are geared up for raids, and don't seem to want to quit despite how grindy Rift is (I agree it is very grindy, but it is quite a pleasant grind with obvious goals on the horizon).

My point is, people that don't want to commit to Rift won't even reach mid-levels, let alone 50 or 60.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    As much as I wish it were like Rifts glorious model, it's not.
    According to ninjas.

We only have a few more weeks till will find out if the subscription is mandatory, on top of the box price. If it is... Then they really haven't been paying attention to the industry.
    They keep mentioning LoL as a role-model of a successful F2P game. Should ring a bell. I don't think it's possible for W* to be F2P, but they certainly know how the industry is looking right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Keep in mind, the majority of WoW players, about 60-70% of them, DO NOT PAY A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION. They have a better model called PPH, pay per hour, where they buy time cards like 100 hours (which I think is about 6 cents an hour?). Meaning that RL issues could pop up and you wouldn't be being charged for time not spent playing.

So... yeah. Not even WoW is pulling off the monthly subscription thing as well as they would like the world to believe.
    ah I see I did not know tha. not in uk/Europe tho? id prefer that I think ala moble phone top up ;p should be the way to go being as I work n shit and only got a few evenings and maybe some weekends to play.

Quote Originally Posted by owain glyndwr View Post
    ah I see I did not know tha. not in uk/Europe tho? id prefer that I think ala moble phone top up ;p should be the way to go being as I work n shit and only got a few evenings and maybe some weekends to play.
    uk/eu and na are forced to use the lesser payment model of monthly subscription.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    There's not a video on youtube showing some Chua customization.
    Because Chua and Mordesh are supposed to be secret, even if everyone knows what they are and how they look like. So they're like the pink elephant in the room that no one is supposed to talk about.

Deleted
    Jeremy kinda looks like a fatter version of my Uncle.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    Jeremy kinda looks like a fatter version of my Uncle.
    That's way more than we needed to know!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    To document the phenomenon of having a British beach be warm enough to actually sunbathe on.
    It's true.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just quit WoW and was looking for a new MMO to latch onto and this looks like a really god damn awesome thing.

Do we know anything about the two hidden classes yet? Even a little bit? Because I saw about those "hidden" races. :P
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    A warm British beach? That's just silly talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    So I just quit WoW and was looking for a new MMO to latch onto and this looks like a really god damn awesome thing.

Do we know anything about the two hidden classes yet? Even a little bit? Because I saw about those "hidden" races. :P
    There are places where information of the "NDA" variety can be found, like here.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    There are places where information of the "NDA" variety can be found, like here.
    Loved all the info in there, made me very impatient to try it!

i so cant wait for this game to come out...

so sic of wow and the changes in 5.4 seal the deal for sub cancellation. please oh please get this game out faster!!!!

at least we have gta5 coming soon...