15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrath View Post
    I always find it funny when people make the "Salvador Dali" excuse. You know, the one where you say "because magic exists, there are no rules". Because apparently, once you tread into the realm of fantasy, cause and effect have no relationship, there are no physical laws, nothing matters, and everything amounts to some sort of trippy acid sequence that makes the pink elephant scene in Dumbo look like paint drying.

You can break the laws of reality in fantasy just fine, on one condition: You explain why you are doing it in some way, and your explanation not only makes sense, but is cool.
    Not everything needs to be explained. Sometimes "it's magic" is all it needs. We saw what happened once "The Force" of Star Wars was explained, big fan backlash.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Not everything needs to be explained. Sometimes "it's magic" is all it needs. We saw what happened once "The Force" of Star Wars was explained, big fan backlash.
    Only because it contradicted old fantasy. First we learned that "the force" to quote Obi Wan: "surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together"

And then we learn it's a blood cell infection with "midi-chlorians" some people have...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Temper, temper. Sheesh. Some people get so butthurt over the smallest things.
    Right, because me saying "god damn" is some indication of butthurt but you not being able to shut up about QQ and butthurt is the perfect picture of a calm mind.
    And as to fulfilling your request, the answers have literally been right in front of you this whole time...you just keep choosing to ignore them/write them off as BS. You may consider them weak excuses, but they are excuses none the less....ones which the Devs are using and you really can't do anything about.
    Oh, so now we're moving on to the actual lore discussion that should be going on and not the stupid "suck it up/how dare you have an opinion!" crap? Yay.

And I fail to see how me actively discussing the ones that do get brought up amounts to ignoring any of them.
    Not to mention that a Chua wielding a giant, nuclear-powered greatsword would look extremely awkward and retarded.
    You say that as if Chua doing anything doesn't look awkward and retarded.
    Aurin aren't warriors, because once again, small physique and the fact that they are more "nature oriented"....which wielding a huge nuclear-powered sword just doesn't make sense with (this also applies to the medics and engineer classes....that advanced, and in the case of the engineer, destructive, tech just doesn't fit their philosophy). Aurins being stalkers and using that tech does actually make sense, because it's more of a bio-tech than it is anything else and doesn't produce huge, explosive forces in the process, not to mention their small size and sneaky nature fit that role perfectly.
    This green/destructive argument doesn't really work for medic. If they are willing to make a concession for technology for stalkers then what's stopping them from being medics?
    And Granok and Drakken not being esper makes sense in the fact that they are mainly just physical brutes who don't necessarily use their minds and wit to fight with.
    And yet drakken can be spellslingers and granok can be medics and engineers.

These excuses might work if they existed in a vacuum, but once you bring the other races and their excuses in it all falls apart.
    Mordesh aren't espers because they are mainly a technological race and not really a "mental/psychological" oriented race.
    How exactly is a technologically focused race not mental? And how the hell does this allow them to be spellslingers?
    Mechari aren't espers for OBVIOUS reasons...they're machines and therefore don't really have brains.
    And yet they have personalities and function just like any other race.
    At which point I have to say again, get over it.
    People have different opinions than you. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    This is one of the level 20 dungeon bosses in action at 9 minutes 15 seconds:

To be honest, this reminds me of the old and now disfunctional (because Blizzard found it too easy that way and disabled LUA features that made that possible) WoW Addon AVR. Here a picture of AVR in action at that time:
    I actually like the system they have in place for Wildstar combat. Some people may see it as "piss easy" as someone said earlier, but honestly, it's straightforward and makes sense. I hated other MMOs when a boss went to do a big attack and the devs only gave the boss some half-assed telegraph or no telegraph at all, and you died and how no idea why (GW2 bosses are notorious for this). You could die several times to the same mechanic and still not have a clue what the fuck was going on. Only through slow and painful reattempts did you eventually learn the fight and eventually beat it.

With Wildstar's system, it makes the boss fights a bit more manageable. Sure you might still die to a certain mechanic the first few times you experience it, but you're going to be able to SEE what the fuck hit you and what you need to do next time to avoid it. Also, this will REALLY help weed out the complete fucktards who ALWAYS stand in stuff and refuse to move. If they mess up once or twice, that's fine, everyone needs to learn. They continue to die over and over to OBVIOUS TELEGRAPH NUMBER #3, then guess what? They suck and refuse to play correctly.....so you boot them and get someone better. There will be ZERO excuses for fuckwads in dungeon groups, other than really bad lag, which no one can help (at which point you stop doing dungeons until the issue gets resolved, just like every other MMO ever).

I personally can't wait to experience some of these boss fights and be able to kick the noobtards from the group who refuse to play correctly (because in this game, it will be blatantly obvious who is just being a dick and refusing to do the mechanics correctly).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Right, because me saying "god damn" is some indication of butthurt but you not being able to shut up about QQ and butthurt is the perfect picture of a calm mind.

Oh, so now we're moving on to the actual lore discussion that should be going on and not the stupid "suck it up/how dare you have an opinion!" crap? Yay.

And I fail to see how me actively discussing the ones that do get brought up amounts to ignoring any of them.

You say that as if Chua doing anything doesn't look awkward and retarded.

This green/destructive argument doesn't really work for medic. If they are willing to make a concession for technology for stalkers then what's stopping them from being medics?

And yet drakken can be spellslingers and granok can be medics and engineers.

These excuses might work if they existed in a vacuum, but once you bring the other races and their excuses in it all falls apart.

How exactly is a technologically focused race not mental? And how the hell does this allow them to be spellslingers?

And yet they have personalities and function just like any other race.

People have different opinions than you. Get over it.
    The problem with your opinions are that they are just that, opinions. Your own made-up fantasy as to why things should be the way YOU personally want them to be. Mine actually have some form of evidence in the form of game lore and the devs stating things as such. It's the game design and game lore. End of story. The devs and people like me don't care if you refuse to accept those reasons. The reasons exist and aren't going away (at least not yet). Accept it and move on. Literally everything you're saying is "Waaahhhh, I want this just because I want it! I refuse to listen to the devs who are making this game! They need to give me what I want because I is special!"

And also, some of your "counter points" aren't really counter points. The whole Granok and Drakken esper one for example deals with powers of the mind, not their actual intellect as you are making it out to be. While I agree that Granok being smart enough to be medics is a bit of a stretch, it still makes sense that they are gonna need the ability to heal their comrades and can actually still learn the abilities necessary without an actual physical limitation in place (like there would be for a chua wielding a giant-ass sword, for example).

And some of your other points just flat out don't make sense. Like how you think a Mechari should be able to be an esper. Serisouly? They are a machine with AI programming. They don't actually have a physical mind that can use telepathic/kinetic abilities. The fact that you are even arguing this point just proves that you are nothing more than someone who just wants everything, whether it makes sense or not. So stop.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2014-01-02 at 02:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The shiphand missions look interesting.

Last edited by SirRobin; 2014-01-02 at 02:25 AM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    The problem with your opinions are that they are just that, opinions. Your own made-up fantasy as to why things should be the way YOU personally want them to be. Mine actually have some form of evidence in the form of game lore and the devs stating things as such. It's the game design and game lore. End of story. The devs and people like me don't care if you refuse to accept those reasons. The reasons exist and aren't going away (at least not yet). Accept it and move on. Literally everything you're saying is "Waaahhhh, I want this just because I want it! I refuse to listen to the devs who are making this game! They need to give me what I want because I is special!"
    My purpose here is only to point out how weak their reasoning is. If I wanted to effect any kind of change I wouldn't be posting it here.

If you want to continue pretending you're some kind of calm and mature individual discussing these things then stop making these huge assumptions about my thinking or motives.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    You might have missed the latter part of my condition.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    My purpose here is only to point out how weak their reasoning is. If I wanted to effect any kind of change I wouldn't be posting it here.

If you want to continue pretending you're some kind of calm and mature individual discussing these things then stop making these huge assumptions about my thinking or motives.
    And I agreed that the reasoning is indeed weak at times, but that doesn't change the fact that it still exists. And even though it is weak, it does still makes some sense from a lore/story perspective. You simply refuse to acknowledge it. You just seem hell bent on disproving everything the devs are saying about their race/class combos. Last time I checked, they were the ones making the game, not you.

And I'm not making assumptions on your thinking and motives. You are making those pretty obvious yourself. I'm just pointing out the uselessness of going on tangents about something that's not going to get changed, at least not for while after launch anyway.

Deleted
    So they will have deadly boss mod integrated with the game if I understand it right?
    I dont know if deadly boss mod is what people still use in wow, havent played since mid-cata. But that mod pretty much said what ability boss would use and timer for when it would hit. Everyone used in wow, so if wildstar allows mods, well then why not integrate it with game already anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    IS advice channel looking for group?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    So they will have deadly boss mod integrated with the game if I understand it right?
    I dont know if deadly boss mod is what people still use in wow, havent played since mid-cata. But that mod pretty much said what ability boss would use and timer for when it would hit. Everyone used in wow, so if wildstar allows mods, well then why not integrate it with game already anyway?
    Yep... basically telegraphs make the need for a deadly boss mod type addon not exist because you get the telegraphs early enough to be able to make sure you are in the right spot. And before anyone complains they don't raid with boss mods to make raiding more challenging, well good for you the vast majority of raiding guild require boss mods to raid so for most people it's moot.

Also it's worth pointing out the main difference between what wow uses and what wildstar uses is color and texture. In Wildstar you get a red thing on the ground telling you something is about to happen there. In Wow it's effects like the ground will look burnt and steam comes out right before an ability happens communicating that you shouldn't stand in the hurtful. Most people watch videos to learn fights before ever going to a fight so they know what to watch out for. In Wildstar they are making it so you don't need to do that because you have to watch out for is always the Red Telegraph. Less time out of game watching videos about a game and more time actually playing a game is a positive imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    The shiphand missions look interesting.

christ... that bird screech... on a such low cooldown skill?

their design comitee is made from 10y olds or what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    reread the post, it's AVR
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yep... basically telegraphs make the need for a deadly boss mod type addon not exist because you get the telegraphs early enough to be able to make sure you are in the right spot. And before anyone complains they don't raid with boss mods to make raiding more challenging, well good for you the vast majority of raiding guild require boss mods to raid so for most people it's moot.

Also it's worth pointing out the main difference between what wow uses and what wildstar uses is color and texture. In Wildstar you get a red thing on the ground telling you something is about to happen there. In Wow it's effects like the ground will look burnt and steam comes out right before an ability happens communicating that you shouldn't stand in the hurtful. Most people watch videos to learn fights before ever going to a fight so they know what to watch out for. In Wildstar they are making it so you don't need to do that because you have to watch out for is always the Red Telegraph. Less time out of game watching videos about a game and more time actually playing a game is a positive imo.
    Eh thats true but...in wow its realy hard too see it with all spells and other stuff going over and over.
    Also those 2 kings aoe was so missleading. You seen the animation on ground and you stil got hit on a spot you think you were safe.

Also i hated it when they removed AVR addon. It worked just fine. (and its very close to a wildstar addon)
    Instead of implenting it and evolving they rather just block the whole addon from working.

Well they did add something...but its just bad bad bad bad bad bad and hard to see.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6201931241
    Instead going for a simple solution.

I've always thought the whole "telegraph" thing was just a cleverly presented scam that gets Carbine out from having to create unique animations for different creatures. The idea of dodging things on the ground is far from new, all Carbine did was replace detailed, unique art on the ground with simple, generic green and red boxes.

It really does feel cheap when you play it, like telegraphs are supposed to be a placeholder for the "real" animation. Its a very ugly style of gameplay that really detracts from what is an otherwise very artistic world.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    I've always thought the whole "telegraph" thing was just a cleverly presented scam that gets Carbine out from having to create unique animations for different creatures. The idea of dodging things on the ground is far from new, all Carbine did was replace detailed, unique art on the ground with simple, generic green and red boxes.

It really does feel cheap when you play it, like telegraphs are supposed to be a placeholder for the "real" animation. Its a very ugly style of gameplay that really detracts from what is an otherwise very artistic world.
    If you watch the videos there is animation where spell/ability hits. Telegrafs are just a warning system.
    You have them in wow like this. And 99% there are very hard too see.
    And if you are a guy with a bad computer you are forced to lower down the grafic to raid. Wich pretty much disables those *telegraps*.
    In other words Gameplay (---- Grafic.

I am just going to leave this here

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cf...s-of-2014.html
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    I am just going to leave this here
    Mmmk. Counter point. It has become my least anticipated MMO for next year. If it launches in anything resembling the state it is in now, then it will be a one month and done, waste of money cash grab of an MMO. Unless my wife is still excited about it at launch, I'll wait for the inevitable F2P. It was exhausting trying to stay positive and eager, but the game just isn't worth it. Most of the content that seems fresh or innovative is just a glossy photoshop job with little depth. The game falls apart after extended play. That's not even getting into management/dev issues. My 2 pence.
    BAD WOLF

^

agree Kel. I've become much less enthused ever since I've played it. I enjoy the combat (and ironically I've seen a lot of calls on the official forums to make it more like WoW) but everything else is very much the same as your standard mmo (well housing is pretty cool, I like that as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Mmmk. Counter point. It has become my least anticipated MMO for next year.
    (looking at the calendar)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Mmmk. Counter point. It has become my least anticipated MMO for next year. If it launches in anything resembling the state it is in now, then it will be a one month and done, waste of money cash grab of an MMO. Unless my wife is still excited about it at launch, I'll wait for the inevitable F2P. It was exhausting trying to stay positive and eager, but the game just isn't worth it. Most of the content that seems fresh or innovative is just a glossy photoshop job with little depth. The game falls apart after extended play. That's not even getting into management/dev issues. My 2 pence.
    Care to explain about the dev issue?

You're speaking as you played max lvl for awhile.