Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    I'm confused.

You choose your race, then your class. But where do paths come in? That's not really explained
    patience padawan

the information will come in due time

The way it seems is that Path's are kinda like daily quests. They add flavor to leveling (and probably rep grinding) and sometimes it helps your faction do better in a zone. I think I remember in the IGN video that they said you pick your path early on, like character creation early, so that you can get started on these quests.

Deleted
    Btw how will the businessmodel be for this game? B2P, P2P, F2P, P2Win?

Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    The way it seems is that Path's are kinda like daily quests. They add flavor to leveling (and probably rep grinding) and sometimes it helps your faction do better in a zone. I think I remember in the IGN video that they said you pick your path early on, like character creation early, so that you can get started on these quests.
    Thats not what I got at all. Seems like the path you choose will give you access to path-specific content as you level up, eg explorers being able to get into caves no one else can.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Thats not what I got at all. Seems like the path you choose will give you access to path-specific content as you level up, eg explorers being able to get into caves no one else can.
    This. Its really that simple. Paths are an extension of your class. If you pick a Warrior class with Soldier Path, you'll have diferent path missions/objectives/areas than a Warrior that picked Scientist path.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-02-14 at 12:03 PM.

Deleted
    I get so many Ratchet and Clank vibes from Wildstar. I absolutely love the mood and setting, not to mention art style.

I really hope the gameplay will be good too. Action combat seems promising.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I'm sold on WildStar... except, is there gonna be any meaningful world PvP? Or is it just instanced gear grind (like WoW)? Because that's a pill I'm not willing to swallow anymore, regardless of how great an MMO is in other aspects.
    you can make your own pvp base to use in battlefields.. lol that sold me alone. alot of the pvp info hasnt been announced yet though.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 12:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    p2p is my guess.. no official word yet though.

Deleted
    As far as I understand from interviews they was first planing for a subscription based game, but have more or less changed their mind, and will most likely go for a B2P/F2P option with microtransactions. They said that they liked the "F2P" model that TERA uses.
    Nothing is decided yet officially at least. The only thing I know is that I would pay for the game. As a matter of fact, just take all my money and let me play!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    You choose your race, then your class. But where do paths come in? That's not really explained
    You pick your "path" at character creation as I understand it. Its basically another set of content. The Explorer Path has content to explore, find tunnel entrances, remote spots, vistas, etc... The Settler Path has content like gathering resources to upgrade towns.

While I prefer P2P, I suspect that WSO should be some sort of Freemium hybrid. I would rather Carbine plans around F2P now instead of having to convert later.

Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    they sayt they would have open-world pvp servers
    There has been mention of floating fortresses I believe. I suspect its like the floating houses but on a larger scale and flagged for PvP.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Still are some things I don't like, such as their adherence to the holy trinity.
    GW2 was great for what it does, but after experiencing it I am a firm believer in the neeed for the trinity, or even the quadrinity with a support class. Having chaotic, you do for yourself and no one has a purpose is fun at first, but is a very weak system for building content. Defined roles not only allow for more complicated design, but give the players a sense of purpose that helps with many things: Choosing what classes to play by playing what you like and actually getting better at performing in a group setting by learning certain roles. - to name a couple.

This isn't disrespecting GW2, which I do enjoy, but it's not a very rewarding or complicated system when everyone is a jack of all trades, master of none. Most people prefer being masters of something.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    GW2 was great for what it does, but after experiencing it I am a firm believer in the neeed for the trinity, or even the quadrinity with a support class. Having chaotic, you do for yourself and no one has a purpose is fun at first, but is a very weak system for building content. Defined roles not only allow for more complicated design, but give the players a sense of purpose that helps with many things: Choosing what classes to play by playing what you like and actually getting better at performing in a group setting by learning certain roles. - to name a couple.

This isn't disrespecting GW2, which I do enjoy, but it's not a very rewarding or complicated system when everyone is a jack of all trades, master of none. Most people prefer being masters of something.
    GW2 removing the trinity was both good in bad. It's bad because bosses just eat your health away with non telegraphed attacks which is stupid redundant. If they ever fix bosses then it's good.

trinity-less would work for wildstar because all they do is telegraph.

But besides the massive amounts of telegraphs I don't really see the "game breaking MMO" they are claiming.

It's the standard 2 factions, boring kill X quests, race to level 60, lower zones become useless and dead, raid 2 days of the week.

But I love the action combat they just added in.

But TSW also did that and failed miserably because the game didn't revolve around action combat.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The feel of the trailer videos are really funny, and it do resembles Firefly as others said, but the gameplay videos kinda look meh. Wait and see, i signed up for the beta, i would say, do not write the game off yet or hype it up to the skies, as some already do.
    Personally, i would love a good sci fi mmo, since for me, the settings always trimuph over fantasy, but i yet to see a good one.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    boring kill X quests
    Kill X quest are boring only if the killing process is boring. As with any other types of quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    But besides the massive amounts of telegraphs I don't really see the "game breaking MMO" they are claiming.
    I think it's the path system/sandbox world/player housing (With PvP houses or something) or stuff like that.
    Also, I wanna leave this here.

I found the date on the video curious to say the least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I agree. I actually like defined roles in combat, that is to say, the trinity and its derivatives. Besides, I haven't seen anything different and actually good at the same time.

This doesn't mean there isn't room for other models. By all means, variety is welcome. It's just that this isn't one of those things you replace in the MMORPG genre. You can have different models work in different MMOs.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 removing the trinity was both good in bad. It's bad because bosses just eat your health away with non telegraphed attacks which is stupid redundant. If they ever fix bosses then it's good.
    I think this probably is one of the biggest issues. If you could actually see what was coming in a realistic way, it would go to making the experience more enjoyable and actually let people learn how to be skilled instead of guessing at skill most of the time.

trinity-less would work for wildstar because all they do is telegraph.
    It certainly could, but there is an interesting dynamic in the fact that friendly players can telegraph their abilities as well. It allows for more dynamic play in a group setting. That is definitely one thing that hasn't been done before. It's sort of hinted at with combos in GW2 by ground templates, but not fully realized.

While we haven't seen it in action, it is described like it will be incredibly expressive and intuitive. Instead of having to put a blue square on a healers head for a phase where you collapse, the healers aoe template will be visualized to the whole raid prior to casting. This way no matter how effed up the encounter has become, you will see your shiny circle of happiness that you need to run to. Instead of having to preplan all the little steps where you need to be during certain phases, it can happen organically.

It helps expand on group communication strategies and would be amazing for deaf players as well.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-02-14 at 04:38 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by skyburn1 View Post
    I think it's the path system/sandbox world/player housing (With PvP houses or something) or stuff like that.
    Also, I wanna leave this here.

I found the date on the video curious to say the least.
    The boss towards the end they said it took them a year to make and is one of the hardest in the game.

Looked extremely simple to me...

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The boss towards the end they said it took them a year to make and is one of the hardest in the game.

Looked extremely simple to me...
    I once watched a Sinestra kill video when it was still current content. Looked pretty simple to me...

P.S. Not to mention that in that Wildstar video you do not see the whole fight - just a couple of snapshots, montaged togather.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2013-02-14 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That boss is Metal Maw if I recall correctly. He is an open world, currently, twenty-man boss. But its a level six to twelve zone so metal maw is just the toughest mob in that particular zone. It has this death from above attack which looks pretty cool.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by JackHeart View Post
    As far as I understand from interviews they was first planing for a subscription based game, but have more or less changed their mind, and will most likely go for a B2P/F2P option with microtransactions. They said that they liked the "F2P" model that TERA uses.
    Nothing is decided yet officially at least. The only thing I know is that I would pay for the game. As a matter of fact, just take all my money and let me play!
    Do you have links to any of those interviews? I'd be interested...i've never heard them say anything about f2p or microtransactions.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 12:10 PM ----------

I don't think they have ever claimed that, quite the opposite actually. They have said numerous times they don't want to 'reinvent the wheel', but rather improve on whats worked in past MMOs.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*