Wasn't Pluto originally Hades?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    We were talking about pvp.
    But since we are randomly changing the topic...

Your mothers custard was far too tart. I think you are lying about where you hid the gold. Furthermore, Pluto is no longer a planet.
    Well I wasn't specifically talking about pvp and your reply was vague at best if it was solely about pvp. Warplots, dodge, cc breakers, disarm and having to pick up weapon again.. totally sounds like wow
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-04-25 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    Well I wasn't specifically talking about pvp and your reply was vague at best if it was solely about pvp. Warplots, dodge, cc breakers, disarm and having to pick up weapon again.. totally sounds like wow
    The topic was this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    It is too bad they aren't having a GuildWars type pvp, I like the idea of making a level 1 character and going to the mists and be lvl 80 so I can pvp with any class I want to. Along with pvp rewards would being able to transmute your pvp gear onto your pve gear.
    To which you responded:
    well not everyone likes guildwars and we already have guildwars....
    and so I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    You could just as easily say
    "well not everyone likes WoW and we already have WoW"
    It was about, specifically, PvP to begin with until you said:
    cause wildstar has 10 man raids instead of 40.. kk. wow has paths? warplots, housing, dynamic events.. ah yeah exactly the same. my bad.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    1) Having one weapon is a mostly cosmetic and loot system design decision. It does not affect the class at all b/c this isn't GW2

2) There are 2 playstyles per class of the typical 3 roles inthe trinity.

3) Skills work by having a limited number that you choose to customize your playstyle. If you've ever played TSW, it sounds like that in terms of your actual bar.

4) Number of skill slots is not finalized. They just decreased it recently, but I expect it to go back up at least to 10. Just speculation on my part though.

5) Skills aren't finalized on how you acquire them, but some statements make it sound like you'll get some while leveling and be able to get new/custom ones from max level activities.
    Thanks!

1.) I know that it's not and that it works different. I thought of it similar to Rift/WoW which is kind odd, to have only one type of weapon per class. No dual wield warriors possible anymore. I wonder how this works with the dual-system of having a class playing a tank or a dps... in both cases a 2h-sword?! No shields?

2.) are there more than 4 classes announced? I can't believe that they designed the game for 5/6 years with only 4 classes in mind... did I miss something?

3.) It sounds to me like GW1, which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    2.) are there more than 4 classes announced? I can't believe that they designed the game for 5/6 years with only 4 classes in mind... did I miss something?
    The number of classes is irrelevant if each class is able to be heavily customized (see rift).
    If you could make a "stalker" that starts out as a double claw class and can become a sniper, dodge tank, melee support (shouts and totems), melee dps, ranged dps, ranged tank, off tank with support, ect. It could be 2 "roles" but with 25 different viable end game iterations.

You know, sometimes you guys just make me go "I just don't even...."

I just tweeted David Bass asking if their internets are fixed yet and saying I hope we get the news post soon SO idk he might respond

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Believe it or not, there are many more fundamentally important aspects than what classes will fit in the playspace. Creating everything else takes far more time and would have been the first things created. Designing all of the systems and their synergy is more time consuming and an important foundation to the game.

While we may think they are incredibly important, because they are us, they could honestly 'do anything' with classes and the game would function. Without the rest of the stuff, we'd just be avatars running around a dirty box. (not lecturing you, just talking because video games are fun to talk about)

But anyways, they have the classes and races are already known to them, but they are holding out on us b/c they want to make us pee ourselves.
    BAD WOLF

Does it even matter in 2nd era MMOs if you are wielding a mace or sword?

What I mean is; in WoW [which I played recently] it didn't really seem to matter if I had an 1h axe or mace on my Warrior. They all did more or less the same thing. The only difference of obvious note was appearance. I used a 2h axe for a bit and was basically the same as a 2h sword I got in Ghostlands 6 levels before.

In Rift, it totally doesn't mean a damn thing if I have 2x daggers or 1h sword/1h mace equipped. A 2h polearm functions exactly as a 2h sword. Rift Warriors do not have rage as in WoW.

So really, other than appearance. Does it even matter in these type of MMOs if the gameplay systems are not effected by the weapons in any major or distinct way?

Seems pointless to bother with if the game doesn't account for weapon choice as in Path of Exile, Guild Wars 2, Kingdoms of Amular, etc.

1 weapon is fine by me. It's just a stat stick anyway. It could actually be a stick in terms of gameplay and make no difference.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-04-25 at 07:01 PM.

Oh they just tweeted that internet is back and they are working on catching up and the news update should be posted later today

Also, personally I prefer to use a Great Sword over a Mace any day (as long as I am not majorly nerfing myself to do). I just like how it looks in general. But that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Also, personally I prefer to use a Great Sword over a Mace any day (as long as I am not majorly nerfing myself to do). I just like how it looks in general. But that's just me
    This is why, when my bank loan for 300 million clears, the MMORPG I will develop will have every one start off at level 1 with a stick. Players just upgrade the stick to their liking. It's brilliant/solves all issues.

I know. I'm incredible at video games.

Kickstarter coming soon-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This is why, when my bank loan for 300 million clears, the MMORPG I will develop will have every one start off at level 1 with a stick. Players just upgrade the stick to their liking. It's brilliant/solves all issues.

Fencers Production presents...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an axe man myself, would also pick a sword over a mace when stats aren't a concern though.

I do miss the days when different weapon types did different damage depending on the armor type of the opponent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that my boom stick?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Does it even matter in 2nd era MMOs if you are wielding a mace or sword?
    -snip-
    Well it was a big difference for example to play a dual wield Death Knight in WoW or a 2handed one. In WoW weapons were defined by weaponspeed which made a huge difference in playstlye. The slow but heavy hitter or the fast and weak hitting dual weapon. It made a difference in those games.

Hell, even a dual wield dagger rogue felt different to a dual wield sword rogue.

I remember the time when Shamans could use 2h-weapons. When this wasn't viable anymore a lot of Shamans chose a new class. I always loved dualwielding Shamans, but I would have loved them even more if I could have used swords instead of maces.

Yeah, it made a huge difference.

I'm not saying that I can't live with the design decision in Wildstar. I'm just curious how this will work out. Does this mean that certain classes only can do melee and others only range?! I will definitely have a hard time relearning to play, coming from GW2, then.

@classes not the most important part: well classes equal combat-situations, so I disagree. For me a class has to have a lot of development-time invested to just feel perfect. If they would start to work on classes now, I'm sure this game would suck. I don't think so.

@Rift-classes: well all of those subclasses have their own talent-trees. So technically Rift hasn't 4 classes but 32. 32 talent-trees and most subclasses use different weapons and have a different playstyle. Wildstar seems to have 4 classes, each 2 playstyles = 8 playstyles. I really want to see their talent-system and how to make different builds. There must be more, I'm sure.

Make it a total sandbox and I'll buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Wildstar seems to have 4 classes, each 2 playstyles = 8 playstyles. I really want to see their talent-system and how to make different builds. There must be more, I'm sure.
    Nope. They've already specifically said each class gets 2 options. So you can have either:

DPS/TANK
    DPS/HEALER
    HEALER/TANK

and that's it. I don't think they said any classes would be dps only, like melee/ranged. Additionally, there are 6 classes total, not 4. And to be perfectly honest, if you boil other games down to similar concepts there's not that many options either. Mages, rogues, warlocks -just one range of dps. At least here every single class will be a hybrid.

It sounds like the real customization will come from the abilities you choose, much like how TSW works though on a larger scale and more traditional based.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-04-25 at 07:36 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Lol, too bad you can't call it a "pokey stick" though

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, too bad you can't call it a "pokey stick" though
    That's because the term is already in use by something delicious:
    BAD WOLF

No tumblr at work

OOOH! But is it perhaps a picture of something awesome you buy at Gumby's?????!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Still no W*W. I'm, digitally, dying over here.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.