Just curious...is getting into beta (or is it alpha? not sure) 100% random or are there contests/etc?

Does anyone else think its a bad idea for wildstar to have an LFD tool similar to WoW? Personally I don't agree with it, just wondering about the opinion of others

Quote Originally Posted by Mystinn View Post
    Does anyone else think its a bad idea for wildstar to have an LFD tool similar to WoW? Personally I don't agree with it, just wondering about the opinion of others
    Not really. It's essentially become a "necessary" feature for most MMO's nowadays. I'd personally prefer a tool that wasn't automated but simply functioned like what exists in EQ2, Aion, GW1 and a few other games, but not launching with one will end up worse for them than launching with one. Rift and SWTOR both launched without one and it was a big sore point for a lot of players, leading to the inclusion of the tool in both games.

I think an automated one would be fine, Though it should at least require you to discover the dungeon first via exploration before you can queue for it. Non automated has its downfalls as well. Just look at guild wars 2 online lfg, you cant even find a group unless you of specific classes for the most damage potential. Sure, balance issue, but at the same time, the have it now attitude of players fuels the need on an impartial tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    . Just look at guild wars 2 online lfg, you cant even find a group unless you of specific classes for the most damage potential. Sure, balance issue, but at the same time, the have it now attitude of players fuels the need on an impartial tool.
    I disagree on the specific point about gw2lfg. The specific nature of it is only for one particular part of one dungeon (CoF path 1, wish they would buff the hell out of it to change peoples patterns). Everything else has been fine. You'll still find some individual player bias but that is human nature there.

10+ Year Old Account
    The good news is that there are others that agree with you. Group/guild/circle them and that way you guys can do it the way you want to. Worst case scenario if there are rewards joined to the finder like WoW has is to run to the dungeon together and queue for it once you get there. The benefit of the tool is there is nothing keeping you from using it, and if you feel it worsens your experience, prepare to be revitalized by doing the above!

So I have been thinking. When I started out playing wow I rolled on Lothar server because my brother-in-law was there. This was a med/low pop server and really sucked after I stopped being a noob to mmos. With Wildstar being a new ip how can I avoid ending up on a low pop server with the first toon I roll. I'm looking to be in the min Wildstar drops so waiting to see where people flock to is out of the question. Any ideas?

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 11:19 PM ----------

I don't think its that bad of a thing imo. If you don't like it there are many that share that same view. That's what guilds are for. Me personaly I would rather run with guild members most of the time. That being said if my guildies are not on I would rather have a random que than trying to find people in general chat. Just easier imo.

Quote Originally Posted by pastar View Post
    So I have been thinking. When I started out playing wow I rolled on Lothar server because my brother-in-law was there. This was a med/low pop server and really sucked after I stopped being a noob to mmos. With Wildstar being a new ip how can I avoid ending up on a low pop server with the first toon I roll. I'm looking to be in the min Wildstar drops so waiting to see where people flock to is out of the question. Any ideas?

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 11:19 PM ----------

I don't think its that bad of a thing imo. If you don't like it there are many that share that same view. That's what guilds are for. Me personaly I would rather run with guild members most of the time. That being said if my guildies are not on I would rather have a random que than trying to find people in general chat. Just easier imo.
    You won't be able to avoid being on a low pop server when Wildstar launches because every server will be high to full population.

You'll have to wait a month or two for the servers to die down a little bit. I found looking on the forums is a good thing to figure out which servers are losing people/gaining people.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to play it safe, choose a realm that has an interesting name, let it be lorewise or just normally. People tend to flock to servers that have a big lore character (Kil'jaeden is an example) or sounds interesting (thinking Fatman was a massive server in swtor). Since this is a new IP, it'll be a bit tougher but pretty much a crapshoot for long term. Maybe they'll have high retention so you don't need to worry

Deleted
    When the hell is thing out, been following it for a while now and each new thing I see on it makes me more excited, I started out with careful optimism but now I'm throwing my money at the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    When the hell is thing out, been following it for a while now and each new thing I see on it makes me more excited, I started out with careful optimism but now I'm throwing my money at the screen.
    No one knows. The developers are wanting to release it this year but that seems a bit optimistic. I'd wager around January/February of next year but that is just my guess.

No, just you. LFD is a MUST for any new mmo out there. I wouldn't even consider playing a modern mmo which has no fully automated wow-like LFD tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    So those are the Mordesh eh? Pretty cool, but I'll probably be sticking with human.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I feel ya man. I heard about it about a year and a half ago. Didn't really start following it hardcore till 5 or 6 months ago. I just try to soak up any info I can about it. To answer your question they have not set a date yet. The devs have said that they would like it to release this year and are working as hard as they can to meet that deadline. That being said imo the game will be early 2014 Feb. or March.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    No, just you. LFD is a MUST for any new mmo out there. I wouldn't even consider playing a modern mmo which has no fully automated wow-like LFD tool.
    It's not like there have been many MMO's coming out lately LOL

I don't know any other MMO which has an LFD tool other than WoW :/

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    LFD is fine a long its server only and not wide like wow. that would at least make people be nice to others cause they are from the same server.
    there's a bunch of mmos out there that have lfd and no-one uses it anyway they rather spam the chat.
    Last edited by siafu; 2013-07-01 at 09:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is their stance on it, which is good since I like LFD. :3

https://twitter.com/Team_WildStar/st...68670181187584
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2013-07-01 at 09:33 AM.

Deleted
    Few things.

LFD has been confirmed to be available for 5 mans only, they stated they will never bring in a raid finder...ever. 5 man experts will be too hard for the average LFD group as 5man content is meant to be progression for casual players. There are a few systems in place to increase your gain from end game 5 mans if you are good.

Personally I feel it needs to be there just to please a small % of the player base. I'm hoping they are super hard and can't be completed with your average 'WoW skill 5man group'. They are there to serve as a progression path for Elder Games for people that may not have the time or guild to raid.

I like LFD, at least the basic concept. I, myself, would be pleased if a player has to discover the dungeon, if he wants to use the LFD for it. I am not that much of a lore fan, but it would fit better in the "feeling" of an MMO, i missed that in the LFD version of WoW. Maybe if you hit the appropriate level for a dungeon, a nearby questgiver could send you to the dungeon "to explore something exciting" and open a new flying route at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I don't know any other MMO which has an LFD tool other than WoW :/
    Rift
    Neverwinter
    SWTOR
    Defiance
    Tera

Just to name a few and I know there are a ton more considering all the MMOs that are out there.