The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Its about transparency.
    I guess that's where the opinions come into play. Transparency for me is just communicating openly in whatever you can. While it's incredibly nuanced and hard to nail down, it's obviously very easy to spot (even if we can't explain why). A good example is the difference between how Wildstar has communicated from the beginning and how Bioware still communicates regarding SWTOR.

Transparency for me isn't being able to see every iteration of the game. That's an ugly process and not anything remotely helpful for 99% of their consumers. It isn't until 8 years later we look back with nostalgia on all that ugly mess like WoW. Captain placeholder and all that jazz.

Good read btw. Have already heard great things about addons in the game.
    BAD WOLF

We can only hope that they already get few of these amazing addons to implement them right from the start

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    Couldn't find the wildstar Wednesday up on the site
    What was it?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Charliesheen View Post
    Couldn't find the wildstar Wednesday up on the site
    What was it?
    Thanks
    Team WildStar Team_WildStar
    #WildStar Wesdnesday is up and we talk about fan made add-ons. Thank you PacketDancer for your creativity! ow.ly/mDCs4

Worst W&W ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybx View Post
    Worst W&W ever
    Thanks peanut gallery. Worst post ever.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Cybx View Post
    Team WildStar Team_WildStar
    #WildStar Wesdnesday is up and we talk about fan made add-ons. Thank you PacketDancer for your creativity! ow.ly/mDCs4

Worst W&W ever
    Yea I try not to even look forward to them anymore. Always ends in disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the dislike for the newest WSW - it is very interesting and gives us insight on what we'll be able to see in addons. Even for those who do not develop addons (get out there and learn ), these additional features will be probably of great use and QoL. Carbine can't announce new classes/races every week. They can't do indepth information on anything ( any of their professions, for example ) as there is still quite a bit of iteration. They don't want to release information on something that may show up in a different form at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    I don't understand the dislike for the newest WSW
    As time goes on, more people get brought on board in anticipation for Wildstar. Unfortunately most of these people have no patience and haven't been around talking about the game for a while. Naturally they expect every single Wednesday to tell them the mysteries of space and time, otherwise it is a huge disappointment. Just take it for what it's worth, which is basically nothing.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    As time goes on, more people get brought on board in anticipation for Wildstar. Unfortunately most of these people have no patience and haven't been around talking about the game for a while. Naturally they expect every single Wednesday to tell them the mysteries of space and time, otherwise it is a huge disappointment. Just take it for what it's worth, which is basically nothing.
    This W*W is a step up from the last 4 that's for sure.

I don't care about the mechanics and vagueness of how the first stress test failed. Just give me fucking information about the game.

I thought it was a really good article for this week. I'm a big fan of addons and like to see what the creative players can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    I thought it was a really good article for this week. I'm a big fan of addons and like to see what the creative players can come up with.
    Agreed.

If fact, some addons may push some people to preorder the game.

Maybe they've already been made...
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    Yea I try not to even look forward to them anymore. Always ends in disappointment.
    Why people keep going into W*W expecting an E3 type announcement everyweek is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Yep, addons is what made wow even better. I haven't been a big addon user myself, but always enjoyed having them. Last year I got into modding my UI abit (Some would say I barely made anything haha) better, and its pleasing to change things as you preffer it.

Thats why I love Rift's UI. Now thats an MMO that did a UI correct...if only it wasen't so damn generic, hope Wildstar aint
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

Thats why I love Rift's UI. Now thats an MMO that did a UI correct...if only it wasen't so damn generic, hope Wildstar aint
    Just a heads up, that will be a complaint you will see waylaid against wildstar.

But most those people aren't true MMO players so it's best to just tune them out. Wildstar pulls on many existing aspects in MMOs and attempts to make them more intuitive. Many people will say things like, "This doesn't add anything new the genre" but that's missing the point. The point is that wildstar is aiming to do them a bit better.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Custom UI is one of the major things I miss from WoW. I'm a believer that any MMO would do far better with the compatibility of downloadable UIs. It isn't so much the practical boss mods/dps meters that many complain about, but the aesthetics and layout that would be different per player; color, sizing, borders, font, bars, etc. x10

WoW has spoiled me. TOR and Rift don't have 1/10 of the customization WoW allowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Just a heads up, that will be a complaint you will see waylaid against wildstar.

But most those people aren't true MMO players so it's best to just tune them out. Wildstar pulls on many existing aspects in MMOs and attempts to make them more intuitive. Many people will say things like, "This doesn't add anything new the genre" but that's missing the point. The point is that wildstar is aiming to do them a bit better.
    They'll say it's a WoW clone no matter how different it is from WoW. People have said that fucking Firefall is a wow clone... yeah. Hell, I'd bet money that somewhere down the line some mouth breather has accused LoL of being a WoW clone too.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-07-05 at 03:34 AM.

Beta rap found :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nooty View Post

Beta rap found :P
    But where is the beta.... key? Only echoes of emptyness in my mailbox =(

http://pastebin.com/wQc55pUP Dev - Round Up from reddit

fighting same mobs over and over again - make them fun gain
    You do comment on the number of varied mechanics each mob has which leads me to another update I'd like to make. We have recently booted up a new team called the "Creature Combat" team. This group of developers will be focusing exclusively on creature abilities from now until the end of time. Their job is to take each creature model we have and build a variety of creature combat kits that are then supplied to the Encounters team for placement in the game.

For example, right now we have one Dagun Kit. Anytime you see a Dagun in the world, it will do the same abilities as every other Dagun in the world. Usually the abilities are gated by difficulty, so it may seem like we have a few Dagun kits, but in reality, there is only one. This leads players and developers experiencing what we are calling "Telegraph Fatigue". This is where you get tired of seeing the same telegraph over and over. You go to a new area, see a new Dagun, but you already know what it's going to do before you fight it. This is all "Telegraph Fatigue".

The creature combat team got ahold of the Dagun and now we have a wide range of Dagun kits that the encounters team will start sprinkling throughout the world. Populating a snow filled area like Whitevale? We have a kit for that. It even has ice themed attacks and buffs! Maybe you're creating a pack of Dagun. I'd advise you to grab the Dagun Packleader kit and group it with a few of the Bloodseeker Dagun kits, they really work well together. The Packleader will do things to improve his pack's fighting capabilities such as channeling an interruptable spell called "Frenzied Howl". While the Packleader is howling, all of his cluster mates will get a very noticeable Critical Hit chance buff. Meanwhile the Bloodseekers are are trying to take chunks of your flesh and if they are successful, they will happily eat this chunk of flesh and heal themselves.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Soon, you will be experiencing mechanics that we call SRE's internally. (Special Random Event) These happen very infrequently. They are designed to keep you on your toes. We usually like to use these along with our Crowd Control system we call "Breakout Gameplay"

For example, you may be fighting a Dagun Bloodseeker kit one day, going through your normal rotation when suddenly the Dagun leaps into the air and knocks you flat on your back. The next thing you know is that Dagun is powering up a telegraph that is going to hit right where you are laying. Good thing we have Breakout Gameplay -- just roll out of the telegraph and back to your feet and get out of that telegraph decal.

Fun stuff, right?

Going forward the Creature Combat Team has several goals:
    Expand the variety of abilities our creatures have to prevent Telegraph Fatigue
    Example: Instead of the one Dagun kit, we now have dagun for all kinds of situations and environments. No longer will that boss Dagun have the same abilities as the field of Dagun outside. Heck, that field of dagun will probably have multiple kits now too!
    Keep our overworld PVE experience fresh and exciting
    Example: Special Random Events (SRE's) that create infrequent "oh crap" moments that the player has to respond to and changes up their play pattern.
    Give players reasons to use the tools their chosen class gives them
    Example: Bloodseeker Dagun heals itself when certain flesh eating abilities - abilities that reduce healing become really useful for fighting these.
    Example: Dagun Packleader is channeling a crit buff like Frenzied Howl - abilities that reduce the amount of damage you take become useful, or you could stun the packleader and trigger a MOO.
    Quest progression responsing to enemy strenght:
    One of the system's we're considering is to correlate your quest progression directly with the difficulty of the mobs you choose to kill. For example, instead of "Kill 10 vinds", a tougher vind would grant more quest credit than an easier vind. Spend more time on a bigger mob, and you'll be rewarded more. Want to rip through a ton of easy mobs quickly? You'll be rewarded less quest credit per kill, but you'll also kill more mobs faster.
    And something i found, dunno if its breaking NDA:
    Spells cast by the [snip] can generate Echoes. Echoes are passive buffs that affect the functionality of the [snip]'s spells. The more Echoes an [snip] has for a given element, the more powerful that element's effects become.
    Last edited by Keren; 2013-07-05 at 11:38 AM.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't care about the mechanics and vagueness of how the first stress test failed. Just give me fucking information about the game.
    I get that point of view, but I think since things broke in an unexpected way (a way which would have been a huge deal during actual launch) I would classify the first stress test as a great success. I'd would have been more worried if everything had gone off without a hitch because that means they weren't pushing things nearly hard enough and problems are hidden.