I don't know why they bothered gaving Espers weapons... we don't use them like at all. Plus it does not make sense.... the weapons don't fit the theme of a psychic class :/

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I don't know why they bothered gaving Espers weapons... we don't use them like at all. Plus it does not make sense.... the weapons don't fit the theme of a psychic class :/
    Stat sticks, yo.

15+ Year Old Account
    So no way to report someone afk? Guh.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    So no way to report someone afk? Guh.
    I imagine it will be added fairly soon, that and stuff like report spam features etc. With how much pressure is on customer service and the devs at the launch of a game, i can't really get mad at them for not adding more things to monitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Slagmines looks like fun but it's definitely not on the same page as Wildstar dungeons in regards to tuning/pace of combat. It's not an "it's just alpha" issue in regards to WoD content, WoW content is just demonstrably dissimilar.
    WoW leveling dungeons have never been super big on mechanic and after 10 years they're not going to reinvent them. Any true comparisons between the two games and the challenging content they bring will be between the flagship difficulty of WoW, Mythic, and Wildstars' raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I've reached 48. I will probably hit 50 tomorrow.

And I really hope we get veteran shiphands sometimes in the future. Those are great and a level 50 version of all of them would be neat.
    Totally agree. The farside one is my fav so far . . . "Ducks! Ducks everywhere . . ."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Are Engineer bots just a gimmick or do folks actually use bots at max level?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    How useful is Outfitter?

I'm playing a Lvl. 10 Stalker with my family on Caretaker, Exile side. Basically abandoned my Lvl. 21 Esper on Warbringer for the time being. That all said, I've been summoned to do my trade skill as expected and I am torn between Outfitter and Technologist.

Which is preferable? In games like WoW "armor" crafting classes tend to be nearly pointless while leveling and offer maybe at best one or two decent things endgame. However, they all around are comparatively meek and lacking compared to say the Alchemist who's uses are more varied and desired.

From what I've seen is I can by and large create gear looking a certain way, with certain stats(RNG but just keep making until you hit it), and then add bits and bobs that further improve them. Now if this makes it often preferable to quest rewards AND has a lot of potential for endgame swag... then I'm probably going Outfitter.

If it's just a waste of time with some "filler" between proper gear, then I'm obviously not going to bother with it. :P
    Can't speak about trade skill use end-game or technologist but I use outfitter for my 22 Medic, While leveling up Outfitter and learning the new schematics for new gear you start off creating the RNG stuff but eventually unlock the "custom" gear where you get to decide what stats you want on it. The gear you craft is 9/10 times better than quest rewards when you unlock the custom gear options (This makes being a tank or healer much easier since you can gear how you want to)

You probably already know that crafting at low level can be quite a gold sink (more so if you do the dailies) but just in case I'd advise if you do go outfitter pair it with survivalist, sell the gear you make while leveling outfitter up to the vendor as it tends to claw back a lot of the cost of purchasing mats from the vendor/exchange (cores, oils, etc) do the daily crafting quests and when you get to Thayd go to celestion and pick up the daily quests there as it really helps to level you from novice to apprentice.

As for gold that can be an issue sell the wood you get from salvaging trees on the exchange as I found after a bit of gathering/questing I end up with so much you can get a decent amount of gold for it. Also sell any quest rewards you get instead of salvaging as the money you get from them most of the time is worth more than the mats you get.

Deleted
    If you thought house customization was fun, epic mount customization!

10+ Year Old Account
    Another big question is how this game is compared to past "mmo killers" of where posters would never shut up about how awesome this new mmo is. Tera Online reminds me a lot of this game from visuals and videos alone, as its combat is like Tera... The only Mmo that is too different, from what I have seen, is Guild Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellMe View Post
    Can't speak about trade skill use end-game or technologist but I use outfitter for my 22 Medic, While leveling up Outfitter and learning the new schematics for new gear you start off creating the RNG stuff but eventually unlock the "custom" gear where you get to decide what stats you want on it. The gear you craft is 9/10 times better than quest rewards when you unlock the custom gear options (This makes being a tank or healer much easier since you can gear how you want to)

You probably already know that crafting at low level can be quite a gold sink (more so if you do the dailies) but just in case I'd advise if you do go outfitter pair it with survivalist, sell the gear you make while leveling outfitter up to the vendor as it tends to claw back a lot of the cost of purchasing mats from the vendor/exchange (cores, oils, etc) do the daily crafting quests and when you get to Thayd go to celestion and pick up the daily quests there as it really helps to level you from novice to apprentice.

As for gold that can be an issue sell the wood you get from salvaging trees on the exchange as I found after a bit of gathering/questing I end up with so much you can get a decent amount of gold for it. Also sell any quest rewards you get instead of salvaging as the money you get from them most of the time is worth more than the mats you get.
    Awesome, thank you for the advice.

15+ Year Old Account
    You have to do quest to do adventures? Huh.

How do I make a house?

I hate this guest pass stuff, I understand they don't want someone spamming or w/e but when someone ask a question and I want to help them and I can not help them it just pisses me off. It is stupid.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Wow, oh wow, oh wow.

I am in a city where I was almost a constant 60fps at first. Come to it later, I'm getting 40-50fps... and then eventually it crashes below 30fps and never goes above.

Thank you Carbine. Thank you for not spending more time optimizing this goddamn thing. Guy with a 780GTX and a 3.5ghz i7 processor that can max out BF4 and damn near Far Cry 3 at a constant 60fps being beat by your goddamn sorry ass engine. Congratulations.

Deleted
    Run each of the 2 level 20 dungeons 2-3 times on Saturday. I can proudly announce I managed to lead every random finder group to finish them. Pretty much every run I had to explain the tactics for every boss all over again and on top of that explain to players what they did wrong in between pulls. Some runs took quite a bit of time (longest one was 129 minutes), but surprisingly almost everyone was willing to listen and put in the time and effort to improve their performance.

Only issues I had in dungeons is tanking as a stalker (level 24-25), if the healer is not bringing his A-game, I had to squeeze the maximum from all my defensive abilities (Amp Spike (T4) and Preparation on cd, spend every bit of suit power on Frenzy (T4) with a pretty much 100% uptime on the Decimate debuff) and pray to the RNG gods to stay alive on some bosses and tougher trash mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    Pretty much every run I had to explain the tactics for every boss all over again and on top of that explain to players what they did wrong in between pulls.
    Done the 2 level 20 5 mans lots of times and the level 35 one, every time someone asks what to do, I just say avoid red shit and interrupt. That's all that needs said and it works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Done the 2 level 20 5 mans lots of times and the level 35 one, every time someone asks what to do, I just say avoid red shit and interrupt. That's all that needs said and it works.
    Some bosses are a little more complicated than that. For example if you don't know what to do on the second boss in Ruins of Kel Voreth both the adds that spread all around the room and the ones that chase people and explode are going to obliterate your party. Especially if you have 2-3 people who do subpar dps and have a little bit slower reaction times. It takes 30 sec to 1 minutes to explain the tactics in chat, it's not that big of a deal.

Deleted
    So my 7-day NA Guest Pass is ending soon.

I'm pretty much set on buying the game, but I don't know if I want to be on EU realms or US? (EUfag here)

I'm fluent in English myself and every now and then there's a language barrier with people, which I don't like, at all.
    Haven't noticed any lag or high latency either so that's not a problem.

As an added bonus I can/could play with famous streamers, just to be able to say I did...

Anyone facing the same problems?

Deleted
    I knew it, Lopps are vicious beneath their teddy aspect:

http://i.imgur.com/eUCGi2e.jpg

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, tether in pvp is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, this is a little trick that might help you with some of your frame rate issues.

Did you play during the beta? If so there are apparently outdated config files and some conflicted addon settings left from UI 1.0 which leads to poor game performance. I had issues with frequent fps drops that lasted from a couple of seconds to like 5 or even 10 seconds. I was running at around 50-60 fps in open world content but when these drops occurred my fps went down to (sometimes) below 1 fps. I also had severe fps drops when I was flying in taxis. These problems are now GONE and when I did this I positioned myself in the open world and pressed Ctrl+F to monitor my fps. It was fluctuating between 65 and 75 (didn't move my character or the camera). 2 minutes later after having done the steps below it was fluctuating between 95 and 105 fps and the really annoying issues I mentioned above were also gone.

So, here's what you do:

1) Locate your Wildstar AppData folder. There are often other versions of this folder elsewhere so it's important you get the right one. It should be C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar. It's hidden by default so make sure you can view hidden files before you do this. If you still can't find it, press Win+R -> type in: %AppData% -> press Enter.

2) Delete EVERYTHING inside the C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar folder. Yes, everything.

3) Log into the game and enjoy yourself.

Hopefully this will help some of you the way it helped me. It actually made a pretty big difference.
    Last edited by Cabbe; 2014-06-09 at 09:04 AM.