Some of the perceived lag this weekend is probably server-side.
    I also have ability-delay here and there while my latency is "ok" (for EU) between 120-170ms.

Cougar came on with a <realm> message in the first half-hour of the servers going up welcoming everyone and saying they were breaking concurrency records every minute (obviously their own previous beta weekends concurrency records).

If that happened in the first half hour of the servers going up one can only imagine what's happening later.

When you people say you got low FPS could you please post your hole spec? Maybe even with release dates.

My old system performed bad/crappy for solo questing on lowest settings, q4 2009 I7 860 2.80 ghz, 2010 q1 gtx 470 nvidia, 8gb drr3.

Im sure anyone rocking a modern 2013+ PC, with say atleast a highere 600-series GPU, should run Wildstar OK on lowest settings.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    When you people say you got low FPS could you please post your hole spec? Maybe even with release dates.

My old system performed bad/crappy for solo questing on lowest settings, q4 2009 I7 860 2.80 ghz, 2010 q1 gtx 470 nvidia, 8gb drr3.

Im sure anyone rocking a modern 2013+ PC, with say atleast a highere 600-series GPU, should run Wildstar OK on lowest settings.
    I like the idea. Currently, I'm running an i7-2600 8 CPUs @ 3.40 GHz, 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 4GB, bought around 2 years ago.

Edited: Performance, in medium to low custom settings, around 30 fps all the time (which it seems to be low for what I currently run), except for sudden fps drops.
    Last edited by mmoce3162681dd; 2014-04-26 at 06:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DelonK View Post
    I like the idea. Currently, I'm running an i7-2600 8 CPUs @ 3.40 GHz, 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 4GB, bought around 2 years ago.
    And what kind of performance?

P.S. 4 cores, 8 threads for i7 2600K

My PC is a Frankenmonster with various parts getting replacements over the years.
    In its current incarnation it plays WildStar on high settings with FPS mostly at the 59-60 (more on this in a bit) but dipping to the 30s or even high 20s in specific situations at a fullscreen exclusive 1920x1080 resolution.
    i5-4570 3.2ghz, 16gb ddr3, gtx 750 ti 2gb on win7 64bit.

I used to have the upper FPS go as high as 75-80 but in the last couple beta builds my gfx card was heating to 70+c.
    For reference it usually hovers around 30c on the desktop and 45-50 on other fullscreen games.
    I ended up enabling v-sync from video options which effectively locks the FPS to the monitor's refresh rate and it seemed to help with the heating up problem a bit.

From my experience - especially the highly variable FPS range - I'd say there's optimization to be done on two fronts.
    1. Specific problem areas in the game (I don't mean strictly locations although there are such issues) which are inordinately taxing on computer components, either gpu or cpu and bring them in-line (such a pass has been done in some of the dungeons, and class abilities already)
    2. Driver optimization which will happen mostly on the side of vendors (NVidia and AMD)

It's definitely not done, and I hope they are in a better place by launch.

15+ Year Old Account

Edited: Performance, in medium to low custom settings, around 30 fps all the time (which it seems to be low for what I currently run), except for sudden fps drops.
    I have i7-2600k @ 3,4ghz, 8gb ram, gtx 560 ti 1gb. 1920x1080 resolution, medium settings - fps 60-70, drops to 40 in crowdy towns or when standing on a tall tree/high hill where you can see a lot further.

Oh and I'm running Windows 8.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I tried beta yesterday and chose "settler" path. Description said something about building colonies and improving infrastructure. But all I found was just collecting some items scattered everywhere which could be exchanged for short buffs in special locations. So that's it? Repeatable quests for collecting items?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

i5 4570K // GTX670 // 8GB // Win8
    Working at around 60-70 stable fps on the outside world, at the starting zones had around 100ish.
    Although Ive been questing In an Icy place and the FPS just dropped to 5 for a couple of seconds, and some addon crashed and It went normal again, was weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Win 8.1, i7-4770 @ 3.4ghz, 16gb ram, gtx 770 2gb, 1920x1080 resolution, "high" settings.
    Fps goes from 60-90 on less crowded areas. 30-50 in cities and places like the battlefield in Galeras.

I think it's cool the amount of detail you can do to your housing land. I didn't think I would care much about it but I got a really cool graveyard thing from an adventure and I just kept adding onto it lol. I can't wait to see what some people come up with, this is what I did since I'm a draken I tried to make it look all draken-like I guess lol

http://i.imgur.com/otAlgxW.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/NtIin8l.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    a really cool graveyard thing from an adventure
    Dunno if it still does, but previously you could max out the size of that graveyard item and use it to basically make your entire plot "indoors" doe to the hollw base.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The Exiles = Alliance, Dominion = Horde comparison is extremely superficial and only because one is represented by blue and the other by red.
    Speaking of blue and red, I've noticed that for some reason I've chosen the blue faction every time. Alliance in WoW, Order in WAR, Guardians in Rift and Republic in SWTOR. Also in Wildstar beta I made an Exile character.

Deleted
    Really wanted to like Wildstar, but something just feel off with it, either the poor optimization, the clunky combat or quests being old* mmorpg style.
    Its probably the questing however, cannot get myself engaged in the lore like WoW, mmos will continue to fail if they cannot engage players in epic* questlines like wow can.
    When im questing, i really want that single player rpg feeling with character development and progression, not fetch 10 bear flank quests for random npcs that has no significance to the story.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, tanking these dungeons...

I tried my hand at Stalker tanking, and while it is a load of fun I find myself dying a lot. And I don't mean by standing in telegraphs or failing at mechanics - I'm talking about dying to nothing but boss melee swings, or the three adds on Stormtalon boss 2. My gear is all tech/insight/grit, and I'm using tanking abilities (Nano Virus and Decimate for the debuffs etc) but without any sort of damage reduction active ability I just seem to be taking monstrous amounts of damage.

So question is - if I'm geared and spec'd appropriately as a Stalker tank, and am the correct level for dungeons, is dying to nothing but boss melee swings an issue with me or with the healer?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Speaking of blue and red, I've noticed that for some reason I've chosen the blue faction every time. Alliance in WoW, Order in WAR, Guardians in Rift and Republic in SWTOR. Also in Wildstar beta I made an Exile character.
    Why'd you play Guardians in Rift? xD They were nothing but self-rightious, narrow minded tools.

Though on the topic of factions, it seems to switch for no real reason, Alliance in WoW, Empire in ToR, Defiant in RIFT. I might go Dominion if only because I like my Draken, but seeing as most of my buddies are hitting Exile, that'll likely be where I'm going.

i7 920@4.2Ghz / 6Gb / GTX680@1306Mhz with 335.23 (not latest beta drivers, which were crashing on various games) / Absolutely maximum settings @ 1920x1200 (that includes scene detail at a low value which increases the number of displayed objects)

Performance is mostly good, with almost no instances of dropping below 30PS. Most of the time it's 50-60 FPS, capped with Vsync.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Deleted
    Uhm, does anyone happen to have a spare key for EU servers? I'd love to take a look at game and would much appreciate it if a kind soul shared a key she/he didn't need.

I fear wildstars community is going to be toxic because of the way developers developed it.

They added the idea of its ok for npc's to be raunchy & 'radical' & downright how do I say...'unintelligent' if thats the word for it. If you've played it you know what I'm talking about.

Thats fine, great for them, but I feel like its going to have a negative impact on how the community is. We already know WoW's community. Its pretty toxic most of the time. But I feel like when a developer does its only going to make it 10x worse.

After viewing the forums they have, if its like this in beta, I really fear for its launch forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I fear wildstars community is going to be toxic because of the way developers developed it.

They added the idea of its ok for npc's to be raunchy & 'radical' & downright how do I say...'unintelligent' if thats the word for it. If you've played it you know what I'm talking about.

Thats fine, great for them, but I feel like its going to have a negative impact on how the community is. We already know WoW's community. Its pretty toxic most of the time. But I feel like when a developer does its only going to make it 10x worse.

After viewing the forums they have, if its like this in beta, I really fear for its launch forums.
    Atleast the game will have a community with no LFD.

Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    Atleast the game will have a community with no LFD.
    It does have LFD.