10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Must be a hardware problem on your end if it feels clunky to have abilities activate on release rather than on press-in. I don't experience any clunkiness or delay on my mechanical keyboard.
    No, it feels clunky in general. Just because it doesn't feel clunky to you because you might be used to it, doesn't mean others don't find it clunky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muppetpilot View Post
    IMHO, difficulty should be optional. Questions like yours are funny, sure, at least to gamers like me who enjoy a challenge. But these instances are going to wind up being too much for most folks, hands down. Yeah I am quite certain that the elitists will bash me for saying that, but one of the main reasons that WoW and Guild Wars 1 (not the crappy sequel, lol) were able to retain millions of players is because there was plenty of end-game content and instanced content that was doable by your regular casual player. WS apparently does not contain such content, and it will most likely spell the doom of their sub model. I like the game, but this is the hard truth of the matter.
    While I personally really enjoy hard content, I agree.
    Best thing they could do is add an easy mode or whatever...as long as it doesn't contain items like the hard mode (both cosmetic and stats). This would enable everyone to 'see the content', but people can still feel good about obtaining a certain item without it being 'handed out to him' (welfare epics they're called right?)

I dont know people dont play all mmos with a naga mouse. This game is steller with a naga and no need for massive addons.

Quick question.. if I pre-order but don't apply the key to an account before launch.. will I lose the bonuses? Or are they linked to the key?

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Quick question.. if I pre-order but don't apply the key to an account before launch.. will I lose the bonuses? Or are they linked to the key?
    they r linked to the date not key i believe

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking if I end up playing this game a lot, I'll need a mouse with more than 2 side buttons. I am unable to play this and move around a lot and push the buttons needed. I guess I'm getting old. I didn't find this an issue with TERA Warrior though for some reason.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't the cold hard truth if they are fine being a niche game - there are few MMOs that have this difficulty still. Once again, you use the word casual to state bad or not as good, and this isnt true. Since Carbine is fine with exclusive content, I do not see it changing much. What Carbine needs to do is provide more content for those who cannot rise to veteran dungeons/raids. They only have one max level dungeon, and it is similar to UBRS in that it is a longer dungeon. They need to implement more max level normal dungeons so there is a place to progress. We already know they are patching in a max level zone 4 weeks after launch, so there is content here. We a'ready know there is max level story dungeons. There is plenty for the casual to do, and dor the less skilled,there are normal modes AND adventures.

Wildstar has the ability to really make a mark for itself. If they are able to differentiate themselves from other MMOs (and stick to their philosophy) and follow through with their desire to patch new content in often, they'll do fine. It is launching at a great time and have relatively few gamebreakinh bugs, so I believe word of mouth will be great here. If they only improved questing (I gave a good suggestion a few pages back), I do believe more people would make it to 20 and see how good this game is in that aspect.

All in all, they need to stick their guns. If they decide they want to offer easiee things, they need to implement new things, not change the current difficulty. Only thing worse than a money grab is a bait n switch.

Did my first dungeon last night. Had an absolute blast, patrols roaming, boss mechanics that can't be ignored and trash that isn't mindless AOE. I was the sole survivor on the first boss and had like 1% hp left. I really want to continue my character and do the other dungeon but I want to save the rest of the game for launch.

I personally enjoy the questing and the lore. It is there for you if you read the books you discover and listen to the holograms. It has a really clever way of not breaking immersion and still being fluid. The greatest example is the comm system with not having to go back like you did in WOW to the original questgiver or someone else. WOW could rarely do this without breaking immersion. However in a space themed mmo with said technology, it just feels so right, like Star Trek communicating with home base. We're detecting strange signals of life from this area please check it out or hey we're under attack here, we need re-inforcements get your ass over here. These examples are why it just absolutely in my opinion destroys WOW in terms of questing. They're using the space IP to their advantage here and it works really well.

I'm level 23 on my warrior and 19 on my esper (both dominion) and the more I play this game the more I enjoy it. Yes the starting areas aren't the most exciting, but it has a build up feel to it. I like starting as a cog doing minor tasks at first. Many amazing stories/journeys have their low points where things pick up later. The game feels great in terms of pacing and teaching you the basics building up to the first dungeon and being more unforgiving as you progress. This game doesn't cater to the instant gratification crowd and it makes it known from the start. I'm glad because it filters them out immediately and from my own personal experience the community will greatly benefit from it.

Overall this game is fantastic, its not perfect but its damn good. You can see the amount of work they put into it and it shows that the devs have an overall understanding of how to build an mmo properly while putting their hearts into it. The game feels like a breath of fresh air in terms of challenge and content. Its a giant new open world for you to explore and delve into no matter your playstyle. The soundtrack is exceptional, the dominion theme along with places like Ellevar are my favourites at the moment. The atmosphere is beautiful and filled with color. It sticks to traditional mmo roots, then builds upon them and puts its own wacky Wildstar twist on it. It is polished, playable and will be a competitor in the genre. I just hope they can fix some of the fps issues and make some tweaks on the bugs they're having.

Well, there are different kinds of 'clunky'. I've played tons of MMOs pretty hardcore, WoW, ESO, SW:ToR, GW2, RO2, ArcheAge, Lineage, Everquest, I'm also in the EQ:N alpha... so I personally do not understand why anyone would find Wildstar 'clunky'? It's the smoothest and most fluid combat of any MMOs I've played so far. People usually praise WoW for it's smooth combat experience, but WildStar beats it, imo.

So ... there are different types of clunky:

1. Player Clunkiness: The player is bad at controlling the game, or not used to it yet.
    2. Performance clunkiness: Low FPS and framedrops cause the game to feel slow and unresponsive
    3. Engine clunkiness: The game just is designed clunky.

I'm quite sure that nobody can claim that it's point #3 in the list that is the reason.
    Ill have agree, played pretty much every mmo released since EQ and Ill have to say Wildstar has nailed combat. For me its the rehashed quest hub leveling that just kills the game for me. Dungeons are fun though.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2014-05-11 at 04:55 PM.

Deleted
    I was getting spanked all day today against level 25 mobs, sometimes I was lucky to survive with my health in the red. All it took was a minor adjustment to my skills and now I am kicking ass, I love the fact it forces you to adapt to changing gameplay.

Deleted
    *snip*
    combat is the main reason I'm currently trying the open beta, and it is pretty fun for now, I'm low level now though I need to have more stuff on the bars to see how it is overall. As far as smoothness I place it on par with WoW, but I'm sold on the key difference of how the combat is actually executed.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Man I feel like this game would be so much fun if they could fix the optimization. I really enjoy the fast paced frantic nature of combat, but it's tough to play when you're consistently sitting at 10-15 FPS.
    Yep, the one major complaint I have about the game right now.

Like I told someone else. I am nowhere near in that bad of shape but I have a pretty damn powerful computer and in some areas I am forced to drop everything to medium settings just to keep between 50-60fps.

While WoW and FFXIV I can max out and only get dropped below 60 with huge groups of players amassed in a given location. Even then it's relatively merciful.

At least dungeons, raids, and all instance-content including PvP should be good. Save maybe Warplots. It seems to have more to do with draw distance than any other thing. Kill that and I can have almost constant 60fps with everything else turned up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    That isn't the cold hard truth if they are fine being a niche game - there are few MMOs that have this difficulty still. Once again, you use the word casual to state bad or not as good, and this isnt true. Since Carbine is fine with exclusive content, I do not see it changing much. What Carbine needs to do is provide more content for those who cannot rise to veteran dungeons/raids. They only have one max level dungeon, and it is similar to UBRS in that it is a longer dungeon. They need to implement more max level normal dungeons so there is a place to progress. We already know they are patching in a max level zone 4 weeks after launch, so there is content here. We a'ready know there is max level story dungeons. There is plenty for the casual to do, and dor the less skilled,there are normal modes AND adventures.

Wildstar has the ability to really make a mark for itself. If they are able to differentiate themselves from other MMOs (and stick to their philosophy) and follow through with their desire to patch new content in often, they'll do fine. It is launching at a great time and have relatively few gamebreakinh bugs, so I believe word of mouth will be great here. If they only improved questing (I gave a good suggestion a few pages back), I do believe more people would make it to 20 and see how good this game is in that aspect.

All in all, they need to stick their guns. If they decide they want to offer easiee things, they need to implement new things, not change the current difficulty. Only thing worse than a money grab is a bait n switch.
    That's something I've been worried about in all honesty.

I mean WoW was much more difficult than it is now. It has become ridiculously easy compared to vanilla.

Granted they didn't tout challenge as a part of the package really so it's not like they "played" us or anything.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post

I mean WoW was much more difficult than it is now. It has become ridiculously easy compared to vanilla.

Granted they didn't tout challenge as a part of the package really so it's not like they "played" us or anything.
    If anything they always said, even in the earliests articles, that they wanted to make the game as accessible as possible, in fact the game was never "hard" to begin with.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I'm enjoying the beta so far, questing feels really awkward at times. There were times where I was killing the same mobs multiple different for several different quests at different point of time.

Quest 1: Kill 10 X.
    Quest 2 (after handing in completely unrelated Quest 0) : Get 10 Item Y you get from killing X.
    Quest 3: Use Item Z 10 times on X.
    Quest 4: Blow up 5 lairs of X.

I don't mind the typical MMO questing of "10 bear asses", but it feels really random here. Combine this with long travel times and it can become quite annoying. I vastly prefer WoW quest flow to this one.

In addition to that, the money and experience reward had me scratching my head at times. Killing two monsters gives me more experience than handing a quest that involves fighting them? I get less gold than I'd get for looting two mobs? What? Did they forget to tune the rewards or something?

I like the idea of Prime mobs, they keep you on your toes and can slaughter you if you're careless. On the other hand, they seem to be a bit too common in some areas and are a huge nuisance when trying to complete various Challenges that require you to chain pull mobs or run around a lot. Also, that red glow can be pretty ugly on certain monsters, while barely visible on others. While not really an MMORPG, I liked the way Borderlands handled its own "badasses" - you immediately knew you were facing something nastier since it was massive, had better armor, weapons, different name etc.

Only did a single ?Adventure? so far and it seemed rather easy - until we got swarmed by huge pack of mobs for some reason and then they proceeded to camp our respawn point... which was annoying as hell. Will have to see the dungeons later, seems fairly promising.

Gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised so far. While nothing left me all that amazed, I might actually buy it and play while waiting for WoD.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2014-05-11 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Yep, the one major complaint I have about the game right now.

Like I told someone else. I am nowhere near in that bad of shape but I have a pretty damn powerful computer and in some areas I am forced to drop everything to medium settings just to keep between 50-60fps.

While WoW and FFXIV I can max out and only get dropped below 60 with huge groups of players amassed in a given location. Even then it's relatively merciful.

At least dungeons, raids, and all instance-content including PvP should be good. Save maybe Warplots. It seems to have more to do with draw distance than any other thing. Kill that and I can have almost constant 60fps with everything else turned up.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont worry. WoW was in a better place sub wise when the game only had one difficulty. It only dropped off when the game dropped to easy mode and did more work on quests than end game. When they decided it was more important to give people ease things ent dow.hill. A game must give you something to work for other than gear. To have to play more to see content thats the model that retains more subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Is it intended that you can't move Quest tracker, or is there some kind of special trick to move it?
    Apparently you can't... not the most optimal location for me, but oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    If anything they always said, even in the earliests articles, that they wanted to make the game as accessible as possible, in fact the game was never "hard" to begin with.
    In terms of time-spent, dungeons/raids, group content... hell yes it was much more difficult.

Naxx was an 'effing nightmare. Now it's just old dudes throwing kittens at you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Ill have agree, played pretty much every mmo released since EQ and Ill have to say Wildstar has nailed combat. For me its the rehashed quest hub leveling that just kills the game for me. Dungeons are fun though.
    Means to an end man, means to an end.

I didn't level up to 60 in vanilla WoW because I thought playing a travel simulator whilst killing a given number of X and Y was that much damn fun.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

I REALLY hated esper 1-15, im now lv30 and wow, 15-30 i felt like a god, the game really picks up around lv15 when you can do the first adventure, plus it gives a lot of xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I REALLY hated esper 1-15, im now lv30 and wow, 15-30 i felt like a god, the game really picks up around lv15 when you can do the first adventure, plus it gives a lot of xp.
    wait until you hit 20 and beyond

Meh... I didn't think I'd come to any of these threads to say how bad the game is, but here I am. Please consider these as my opinions.

Ok. First the good things. Combat is good. At least as far as i could tell by playing esper. Graphics are also fine and the style fits the game.

The bad things. Quests are streamlined too far. I get no touch on things. I cant get interested in the world or storyline (if there is an actual one). I remember when I followed an arrow to what seemed like a camp of monsters. Only at the end of the questline I realized this was actually a dominion base and this was only because some of the npc mobs I killed were those squirrel things (chu?). I had no idea what I was doing. I just followed an arrow and clicked things I encountered. This repeats practically everywhere. I don't know what I'm doing or why. Not to mention, if I sort of got lost since quests dont really tell you much, but I suppose everything can be done, if you follow that arrow.
    At first I thought it was nice addition that there were challenges around. Very soon I realized these are nearly impossible to complete any higher than bronze and you get rewarded basically nothing. Not to mention many of these are actually bugged (but I can understand its a beta) and as soon as you start it, it tells that you are out of the area and it fails. Often they just randomly start and there is no telling where the mobs are. The arrow this time just points your specific location. In the areas you can find barely enough of the correct mobs or things to complete it.

Its beta. There are bugs. The fast traveling taxis never even single time worked for me. This may have been because I had not unlocked the paths. When i went to unlock them just so I could try how the taxi works I realized I couldnt unlock them. Is this a bug? Perhaps I didnt merely understand how to unlock them? Talking to the taxi npc for sure did nothing.
    Crafting also appeared to be bugged. All the crafting related quests were bugged or at least there was some sort of error message. I had picked tailor and I dont know, if I ever got actual cloth drops or was it that I merely couldnt use them due to the bugged system. Since apparently tailor was standalone craft and didnt need another to support it I picked relic finding. Sure its variety, but that sort of left the second craft sort of out of place and of very little use...as far as I could tell. As for the relic finding I sure found many of the resource nodes, but I don't even know what that craft actually does.

Also many little things that just annoy.

I feel like there is very much pointless running around that doesnt accomplish anything. There seems to be no direction at the level I got to (about lvl15 or something) ... well except for that arrow. I was telling myself that I would play this until open beta ends so I could say I really tested it. 15lvl doesnt seem much, but I was getting pissed from just playing and encountering the constant annoyances and nothing getting better. I think its better for me to just stop.

So I dont like the game. I'm not saying "Stop liking things I dont like!", but really this game felt like some crappy f2p (or more like p2w) game I tried some time ago which was just as directionless and filled with random quests that had no reason to them and consisted only several lines of text to as "why?". If people asked me, I'd say find yourself something better to play. Thats just my opinion.