The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Peepz who are looking at this and thinking "oh noes. only 6 classes?" need to understand that the number of classes is irrelevant if each class can be heavily customized.
    Yes. Unfortunately it seems a lot of those comments come from WoW overflow to be honest. Just making an assumption, but from many comments in this thread it's picking up the WoW train that comes along every MMO launch.

I love WoW, but that is such a sad phenomenon to have to deal with because it results in unproductive, irrelevant, or derogatory conversation 90% of the time.
    BAD WOLF

Well the reasoning for that, kitty, is that this is a wow fan site. So take anything stated here in relation to wow with a grain of salt. Also the artistic style they are using will always draw comparisons with wow as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well the reasoning for that, kitty, is that this is a wow fan site. So take anything stated here in relation to wow with a grain of salt. Also the artistic style they are using will always draw comparisons with wow as well.
    In my case the art style resembles ratchet and clank to me, that was the 1st thought I had when I first saw it anyways.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    In my case the art style resembles ratchet and clank to me, that was the 1st thought I had when I first saw it anyways.
    Indeed. I have nothing against it (it's not my favorite style but I don't dislike it). However, the style it uses will always remind people of wow.

I think it has a little Borderlands look to it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same. I think people see stylized graphics instead of hyper realism, or 'ugly' realism and automatically think it looks like wow's aesthetic.
    Well the reasoning for that, kitty, is that this is a wow fan site. So take anything stated here in relation to wow with a grain of salt.
    Eh, it happens outside of this sphere on just about every forum ever though. I love WoW and it still makes me want to vomit.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. I have nothing against it (it's not my favorite style but I don't dislike it). However, the style it uses will always remind people of wow.

I think it has a little Borderlands look to it as well.
    Personally speaking cell shading is my favorite style if it was up to me every game would be cell shaded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally speaking cell shading is my favorite style if it was up to me every game would be cell shaded.
    You should check out Firefall.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You should check out Firefall.
    I've been keeping my eye on it, enjoyed borderlands so it made me interested when I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post

Eh, it happens outside of this sphere on just about every forum ever though. I love WoW and it still makes me want to vomit.
    Well outside of youtube comments I don't think it happens nearly as much as here.

But yeah, any fantasy mmo will always draw comparisons to wow, it's inevitable. Even Sci-fi ones do. I'm sure someone has even said EVE Online is a wow clone somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Peepz who are looking at this and thinking "oh noes. only 6 classes?" need to understand that the number of classes is irrelevant if each class can be heavily customized.
    Thats certainly a possibility, we need to wait a bit more to know for sure. Personally, 6 is fine, even if only 2 specs each. The more specs/abilities/costumization etc the better IMO. I like being given free reins to do my own build as i please, but always within the classes theme. You can say in a way i like the freedom of choosing, but love the class restriction.

From what I understand there aren't 2 specs, just playstyles. You have X amount of abilities and choose with ones go on your bar. Those choice determine what role you will play, and how you will specialize in it. Like AOE vs direct, mobility vs dmg etc.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    From what I understand there aren't 2 specs, just playstyles. You have X amount of abilities and choose with ones go on your bar. Those choice determine what role you will play, and how you will specialize in it. Like AOE vs direct, mobility vs dmg etc.
    Hmmm, interesting. More loose than having actual specs.

Nice to see they fixed their dial up interne tover at Carbine. lol

The new zone looks fantastic.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck this game looks awesome. I've been trying to stay out of this thread because I want to only get into one new MMO, and have my eye on FFXIV, but...fuck.

Recently quit WoW 2 months ago and have just been playing dota 2 until elder scrolls came out but found wildstar the other day when trying to find a game to play during the time and i'm really excited for wildstar more than elder scrolls now, the game looks amazing and I really like the option of letting you level up just through PvP if you want to. I really hope that wildstar dosnt die like every other mmo has in the last year and no gw2 is dead so don't say it's not because it dosn't have the playerbase to be an active mmo like WoW does.

First thing I thought when I saw wildstar was ratchet n clank/banjo kazooi & crash bandicoot SO KEEEEEN FOR THIS GAME!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TranceMonster View Post
    Recently quit WoW 2 months ago and have just been playing dota 2 until elder scrolls came out but found wildstar the other day when trying to find a game to play during the time and i'm really excited for wildstar more than elder scrolls now, the game looks amazing and I really like the option of letting you level up just through PvP if you want to. I really hope that wildstar dosnt die like every other mmo has in the last year and no gw2 is dead so don't say it's not because it dosn't have the playerbase to be an active mmo like WoW does.

First thing I thought when I saw wildstar was ratchet n clank/banjo kazooi & crash bandicoot SO KEEEEEN FOR THIS GAME!!!!
    What exactly do you define as a dead MMO? Cause i could list over a dozen active MMOs here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting...

From: http://www.carbinestudios.com/en/blo...inima-artists/

By Chris "Glassman" Hanel, April 26, 2013

Greetings! This is an open call to the fan community about some pretty exciting opportunities now available at Carbine Studios. While I'm pretty sure that my boss is going to be fielding a lot of applicants and we have some kickass recruiters, I wanted to take the extra step to reach out to machinima artists who might not realize that their unique skillsets could earn them a spot in the industry.

My name's Chris Hanel, and I'm the resident Cinematics Designer working on WildStar. Our cinematics team is keeping nice and busy working on a wide variety of content both inside and outside the game, and that means finding more talented people to join our ranks.

Why is this notable? Because some of the skills we're looking for directly relate to machinima production. Do you have a knack for capturing in-game footage that looks polished and professional? Do you have a gift for problem solving and pushing the limits of a game engine not made with your particular purpose in mind? Are you someone who is versatile and enjoys taking on a broad set of technical and creative tasks, frequently on tight deadlines that demand quick thinking?

If any of this sounds like you, check out the job listings below and send us your information. I'd be really pleased if we were able to give someone the opportunity to take their machinima hobby and turn it into their full time career. Hell, that's how it worked for me (and many of the people who work here). Why not you?

Show Carbine what you're made of, and throw your digital hat in the ring! (And obviously, if you know someone who might be interested in any of these, pass it on!)

Thanks!
    -Chris

Associate Cinematics Designer
    Cinematic Video Artist
    Gameplay Capture Artist
    3D Cinematic Artist
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    What exactly do you define as a dead MMO? Cause i could list over a dozen active MMOs here.
    400,000 people on a handful of servers is clearly dead
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    any mmo that doesn't have the population of wow is considered dead

so

all of them except wow

10+ Year Old Account
    all of them except wow
    Nope. You must have missed the memo. WoW is dead too...and dying more every day.
    BAD WOLF