10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I'd suggest that they're dead simply because there isn't much reason to invest to begin with. If the site moved away from being associated with WoW and WoW alone and provided up to date news for a variety of MMO's then there would inevitably be a shift towards a more varied form of discussion. After all, there's a lot of people who stick around purely for the sake of the off-topic forum.

Of course there's likely other sites out there that devote a forum to pretty much every game in existence but if there are then I'm not familiar with them. I wouldn't be opposed to being pointed in their direction though!
    Keeping up with one, currently running, regularly updating and often changing game, and the news surrounding it is a lot of work. If you feel up to the task of tacking the "whats new" of Wildstar, perhaps you should offer your services to the site administration. "Hey you should do more work!" never comes across well. "Hey I want to help you start this thing!" usually is much better received.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    like it or not WOW is still the daddy.....until it's not, things won't, or have a need to change

Saw someone on the wildstar forums already asking for instant 50 boost because "wow did it right with instant 90"
    Stupid idea imo :O

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    So... any word yet on the whole sub-forum yet? I mean, I know a couple people post but I bet most don't post here because its useless to post on a huge megathread when already so much discussion is going on.

Also, I had an interesting discussion with someone from Enigma. Apparently they said that Carbine's original goal was to launch out with a couple servers, then merge them to one mega server, or with some cross realm features where players could join guilds from other servers and such. He said he thinks they are going to do that around November when WoD launches... I am guessing its because once the hype dies down for WoD, people will return to their former or other MMOs... Other than that, I wish they could do it now .
    Why? The only posts in this thread have been about how WS is awful between the same 4-5 people posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I regularly post stream links and if a sub forum opened up i would promoting that more from several guilds even on and off realm.

It's a reoccuring thing that a few keep dragging dead horses around, we'll see how the game does once the summer has ended and a few more patches in. To me it seems they are fixing the issues people have with the game and are doing it rather fast, in comparison to my other game experiences were it takes developer a lot longer to react and especially do something about it.

As for mega servers, i think that's false what i do know is they wanted to start out with way less servers as they did and i still hold their CM responsible for not starting out with at least 2 PvP servers to begin with the EU front that were listed as english. They started out with way less servers and quickly very quickly went from like 1 pvp server to 4, this was them getting too giddy about it all. They stressed the importance of individual server community too often during beta to start going to mega servers.

Mega servers is a thing you need to do at the start the amount of drama coming up from name changes that are forced on people, sheesh. I'm in clear as if they went by creation date my name was reserved others however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Keeping up with one, currently running, regularly updating and often changing game, and the news surrounding it is a lot of work. If you feel up to the task of tacking the "whats new" of Wildstar, perhaps you should offer your services to the site administration. "Hey you should do more work!" never comes across well. "Hey I want to help you start this thing!" usually is much better received.
    Carbine themselves should soon have a new site feature up that condenses all information from all sources into one place to make it easier for people to keep track of information as right now it's all over the place.

Latest gamescon video about housing.

Last edited by Acidbaron; 2014-08-17 at 12:10 PM.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's ridiculous to even talk about a sub forum at this point considering what is happening with the game. It's the living proof of why they don't knee jerk create forums. Even when I was riding the high of this game at release, I stated a sub forum was not needed. My opinion has only cemented since then.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Saw someone on the wildstar forums already asking for instant 50 boost because "wow did it right with instant 90"
    Stupid idea imo :O
    I would actually play Wildstar if there was a level 50 boost. Reason? Leveling in this game is the worst I've ever seen in any MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    What is happening?
    Aww, that was cute sunshine! But it has nothing to do with the subject. You iterated quite clearly what is happening with the game...it isn't played by millions. Here's a shocker: regarding the actual topic, instead of your made up platform for ranting, it means that it shouldn't get one.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Have you heard about potential drops guys?
    https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...op-schedule%2F
    again, don't even try it. ppl here seems to have fun while bashing other ppl games.
    -We're all wrong for enjoying wildstar. we know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason there shouldn't be a subforum for Wildstar on this site is because this site is flooded with... well... people that can't handle other games existing besides the most popular one they play.
    Or you know, the tons of other clearly communicated and valid reasons given by moderators who represent this site. But no, clearly you have better ideas and capabilities than Boub who runs the damn thing. Go make your own MMO forums then, since you clearly are an expert! I would sign up just to watch the train wreck.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    again, don't even try it. ppl here seems to have fun while bashing other ppl games.
    -We're all wrong for enjoying wildstar. we know.
    Nah, I enjoy Wildstar too. Just not enough at end game to warrant a subscription. Plus all the design flaws, ugh. Not for me. Great that you enjoy it though! It's more that everyone rushed to defend all the very obvious flaws in the game with an attitude and complete assery. You get what you give, so don't expect anything else. Plus, if you stopped to actually read the thread there are plenty of good conversations between all these supposed haters that don't want you to play wildstar. But hey, can't take time to notice that when you're on the *rawr they no like me playing dis gud game* rant.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Nah, I enjoy Wildstar too. Just not enough at end game to warrant a subscription. Plus all the design flaws, ugh. Not for me. Great that you enjoy it though! It's more that everyone rushed to defend all the very obvious flaws in the game with an attitude and complete assery. You get what you give, so don't expect anything else. Plus, if you stopped to actually read the thread there are plenty of good conversations between all these supposed haters that don't want you to play wildstar. But hey, can't take time to notice that when you're on the *rawr they no like me playing dis gud game* rant.
    Whatever you say man.
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever you say man.
    Look at your post history in this thread. Seriously, go do it. Do you know what you have contributed to the conversation? Nothing. You've complained about complaining and generally insulted people at every turn. If you want to talk about Wildstar, TALK ABOUT WILDSTAR.

What are you loving about the game right now? What are you looking forward to? Try a real conversation, you know...to make the thread worth something since you think it's trash.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at your post history in this thread. Seriously, go do it. Do you know what you have contributed to the conversation? Nothing. You've complained about complaining and generally insulted people at every turn. If you want to talk about Wildstar, TALK ABOUT WILDSTAR.

What are you loving about the game right now? What are you looking forward to? Try a real conversation, you know...to make the thread worth something since you think it's trash.
    i'm risking to be bashed here, but i'm actually leveling all classes, i enjoy questing, enjoy tradeskills, not so enjoy some challenge in wich you kill one bug and get 1% (the same with other quests) i'm enjoying this game, seriously, besides I see your points about what is wrong with the game i'm not whining about this to be corrected ASAP, I'm just playing man and kind of tired of ppl whining and complainign about a 2+ months old game and how should be more "WOWey", so i'm just reading and try not to post to ovoid just these kind of answers and later bashes.

i'm risking to be bashed here, but i'm actually leveling all classes, i enjoy questing, enjoy tradeskills, not so enjoy some challenge in wich you kill one bug and get 1% (the same with other quests) i'm enjoying this game, seriously, besides I see your points about what is wrong with the game i'm not whining about this to be corrected ASAP, I'm just playing man and kind of tired of ppl whining and complainign about a 2+ months old game and how should be more "WOWey", so i'm just reading and try not to post to ovoid just these kind of answers and later bashes.
    The only people I see bashing anyone are the occasional trolls that pop in and posters like you. So you are either thinking of trolls or any snarkiness that someone has. Which in that case no one should post. Also I hope you understand that it's possible to have criticisms about anything without "whining."

- - - Updated - - -

The only reason there shouldn't be a subforum for Wildstar on this site is because this site is flooded with... well... people that can't handle other games existing besides the most popular one they play. I know forums with lots of activity for games that only have 50.000 subscribers, more activity than this entire video game section combined perhaps, so it has nothing to do with how many players a game has, all about how well you can manage a community to be active and not the constant target of attacks by casuals. MMO-C most clearly has an issue with the latter.

No, no, no.. Just say it out loud: "Fuck all games that don't have millions of players." There you go, it's not that hard to understand you.
    It weird seeing the victim act considering most of your posts insult someone, but oh no he has a different view of wildstar. I guess his opinion isn't "nuanced" enough?
    Last edited by Punisher069; 2014-08-17 at 03:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But no one is asking it to be 'WOWey'. The people who keep bringing up WoW are actually people using it to bash as some sort of defense for Wildstar, you know? If I was still playing I would just be leveling alts, because as bad as leveling is (conflicting design bad, not bad bad) playing the classes is one of the best parts of the game. I've just leveled so many characters over 10 years that I don't want to pay a subscription to do that.

I know it's popular to claim some niche or elite status for the game, but it's really just a theme park MMO with fantastic concepts and tedious execution. There is totally a market of people who like that, but it's just not profitable. I expect they will make some changes for the better which will help all people enjoy it more. I mean they kinda have to. And if current trends are to make MMO's one way, it's not really players' faults you know? It's just how large products work.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    That's a bit like saying no one should buy WOD or any other MMO expansion, because they are just paying to do the same sort of thing all over again.
    Sometimes it's not the game that limits players.......it's the player that limits the game.

It's ridiculous to even talk about a sub forum at this point considering what is happening with the game. It's the living proof of why they don't knee jerk create forums. Even when I was riding the high of this game at release, I stated a sub forum was not needed. My opinion has only cemented since then.
    That's what opinions do over time, that's pretty universal regardless of whether they are refuted or supported.

Regardless, most people go over to Dulfy for info on any game other than WoW. There's no forum, but pretty much all of the practical and useful information a player needs. I don't think anyone bothers reading up on things there then coming over here to listen to six or so wandering complainers share complaints in whatever forum they decide to visit.

MMOC likes their niche, I honestly don't think they'd benefit from expanding. Though that's probably just my opinion cementing over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    it's the player that limits the game.
    I have no idea what you are trying to say, other than to just reference WoW...again. Please don't be an apologist for any game. You are essentially blaming players that Wildstar isn't successful. That's terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    MMOC likes their niche, I honestly don't think they'd benefit from expanding
    They wouldn't and that has been explained before. The work needed for an inactive subforum, especially when they've made that mistake in the past, isn't worth it. They are a part of a network that provides other coverage elsewhere and they really do well from focusing on Blizzard games. It has been that way for a long, long time. Unlike MMO devs, people running this site learn from their mistakes.
    BAD WOLF