Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Extremely hard to believe that NCsoft would let a subsidiary work for investors. Much more likely some assets, that were produced originally for Wildstar (maybe some new pvp mode) are being re-used with a better engine. Wildstar is most likely no longer worth the effort and this could basically be a gamble in a popular genre (FPS or MOBA) with limited financial risk.

Isn't Overwatch at least to a certain degree part of the Titan leftovers?
    Sorta.

EA tried this with WAR when they had that psuedo-moba/pvp arena spinoff that never made it out of beta, so it's not unheard of for low risk spinoffs using existing assets to try to salvage something when the game turns out to be a financial disaster (both ended up that way).

As for Overwatch...whole different ballgame. Titan had tens of millions poured into it, and while a lot of what they worked on made it into Overwatch, Overwatch was not a budget affair like whatever Carbine is working on likely is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well only design was a failure (and marketing, but thats not the programer problem).
    So we can expect a more easy-going game this time.
    Uhm the failure of design falls directly on Carbine and their team. So yeah it was their problem.

Deleted
    The original concept was made when game players had the mentality of beating the game, sadly it's all about reaping the games now.

If they go the TSW route and make a new game/relaunch w* as a solo/co-op action rpg i think i'll be interested.

The art style, combat and housing are all top notch to me. The problem is the whole catering to raids and exclusively hard content that bombed so hard given how inaccessible everything was at the start (also lots has to do with them launching a game with so high expectation in the worst moment possible). Currently you could do everything if you're dedicated enough, but community is at its worse atm - not a lot of active groups and basically bad reputation that still haunts the game. Matrix update is interesting only for the structure, the monetization method they choose is really bad.

Again, art and combat alone can make for a very solid action rpg. Add some co-op content like expeditions that scale from solo to small groups and then you have a great game. Given how combat works, being solo or multiple people doesn't make the difference if they want to design difficult/challenging encounters.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    At least they have experience. I have learned more from the times that things went wrong than the times that I did everything right. Right now, their issues aren't technical in nature.
    Wildstar failed because it lacked an in-game community. Vanilla WoW was endlessly growing as long as its in-game community was robust. Starting with Wrath, they tried to turn it into a single player game with queues and automated match-making. The playerbase began to drop then and keeps falling. However, pirate vanilla servers pop up from time to time and their population grows like a weed because they all have strong in-game communities to the point where Blizzard has to stomp them out.

I doubt Carbine learned the CORRECT lesson from Wildstar's failure. Customers told them it was because the game was too hard but the problem was it had no in-game community. These developers don't seem to understand the TRUE hook of an MMO is the human relationships we form in-game. An MMO truly is a community game, where we keep coming back to see the large amount of familiar faces. The developers are just providing a forum for us to interact (with the game world) but its almost secondary.

That's why Blizzard throws a massive amount of developers at Legion and injects it with a TON of content and....the playerbase doesn't even grow. Its not the genre that's dying. Its the fact that there's no community.

Wildstar was nothing like vanilla in any way it needed to be. It had no in-game community. They missed the entire point of an MMO.

The MMO scene needs an MMO like vanilla wow, but when we say THAT we mean it needs a strong in-game community. Unfortunately, when we say vanilla WoW, people just assume a super hard difficulty and lots of grinding.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-04-21 at 09:50 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can't build a large and strong community around something that isn't accessible, ultimately. They swung for the fences with the wrong demographic, and paid for it by failing miserably out of the gate. The game is significantly better now than at launch, but it just never recovered from the perpetual disasters of launch and the following months.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Wildstar failed because it lacked an in-game community. Vanilla WoW was endlessly growing as long as its in-game community was robust. Starting with Wrath, they tried to turn it into a single player game with queues and automated match-making. The playerbase began to drop then and keeps falling. However, pirate vanilla servers pop up from time to time and their population grows like a weed because they all have strong in-game communities to the point where Blizzard has to stomp them out.

I doubt Carbine learned the CORRECT lesson from Wildstar's failure. Customers told them it was because the game was too hard but the problem was it had no in-game community. These developers don't seem to understand the TRUE hook of an MMO is the human relationships we form in-game. An MMO truly is a community game, where we keep coming back to see the large amount of familiar faces. The developers are just providing a forum for us to interact (with the game world) but its almost secondary.

That's why Blizzard throws a massive amount of developers at Legion and injects it with a TON of content and....the playerbase doesn't even grow. Its not the genre that's dying. Its the fact that there's no community.

Wildstar was nothing like vanilla in any way it needed to be. It had no in-game community. They missed the entire point of an MMO.

The MMO scene needs an MMO like vanilla wow, but when we say THAT we mean it needs a strong in-game community. Unfortunately, when we say vanilla WoW, people just assume a super hard difficulty and lots of grinding.
    Sorry but there is no going back to the days of the early to mid 00s. There will never be the all-encompassing MMO that players spend all their time on. I played Wildstar from day 1 and was active in the beta - I loved the game but the early to mid level dungeon experiences just killed the game for me as I just don't enjoy wiping a dozen times in a lvl 15 dungeon trash packs and the first boss. In the end I decided that overall experience was just not worth my time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingheadache View Post
    Sorry but there is no going back to the days of the early to mid 00s. There will never be the all-encompassing MMO that players spend all their time on. I played Wildstar from day 1 and was active in the beta - I loved the game but the early to mid level dungeon experiences just killed the game for me as I just don't enjoy wiping a dozen times in a lvl 15 dungeon trash packs and the first boss. In the end I decided that overall experience was just not worth my time.
    That all changed, you will have no problem with any content till level 50, even then you can avoid anything you don't like the look of.

While there was wipes in the early dungeon I did not experience as bad of a time. My experience to level cap was generally on par or easier than WoW early years along with much shorter leveling time. The game felt fairly accessible unless one was shooting for raiding of which even WoW being a casual oriented game was still fairly exclusive until LFR and Flex with cross realm group finder for organized raiding.

I felt part of the community problem was the game attracting largely people jumping into the game like another WoW expansion with a rush to raiding and no-lifer soloists who call themselves "casual" expecting a plethora of solo content to keep them busy of which even WoW could not keep such "casuals" busy. There was not that many social relaxed people outside of housing at least in my first month experience and even today's WoW does not have much of that type of community left.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-04-22 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    However, pirate vanilla servers pop up from time to time and their population grows like a weed
    All pirate Vanilla servers are dead or dying.

Wildstar failed as every other MMO does because of the same reason.

They have to release with way too many things ready and bug free in order to be given a shot which they cant because its always "barely hanging there" companies.

They also must be balanced for the mentality of gamers of after 2010.

"I dont wanna spend 5 hours doing trivial things, sure i will raid and do dungeons for hours but i dont wanna do trivial things for hours"

"i wanna log on and easy mode it" mentality.

Since they dont, they are given a shot by a few people, opinion spreads and no one tries them in the end.

Wildstar wasnt any different.

Had a friend, really went into it, tryharding and everything, wanted that Vanilla/TBC feeling of WoW back, he said it gave it to him, but then he saw that he was in the minority, there werent enough people, raided a few times, not enough people etc etc, game was dead in his eyes before it even picked up.

In other words, he was the minority of idiots wanting tryhard stuff like blocked content with attunement and "big raids".

All Wildstar had to do to succeed was from what MMOs showed us the last few years.

LFG for the leveling/farmable content (dungeons etc) at the start, 10man raids, hell even a HC version of the raid to make the "hardcore" bash their skull against so they wouldnt cry of "lack of things to do" it would have picked up much faster and easier than any other MMO.

Just because some people live in the delusional world of "community" (rofl) or RP worlds from the 00s, is why MMOs dies before they are released.

Fast paced, no downtime games is what gaming has become.

And suddenly we have 2017, waiting for new MMOs and they are all Diablo 3 with a different lore and name Lineage Legends, Mu Legends, all the old games on their remake, but guess what! Fact paced no downtime!
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-22 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    That all changed, you will have no problem with any content till level 50, even then you can avoid anything you don't like the look of.
    Unfortunately, it's a rare MMO that gets to call a mulligan. FFXIV could, at great expense, any other examples?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i find lvling in wildstar quite hard (most of my deaths were due to fall damage).
    If you compare vanila wow vs wildstar lvling, wildstar is a bit faster. Since you dont waste to much time on eating a food, since some mobs dont hit as hard.
    But if you attack elite ones, its similar like wow, when you lose hp (vanila one, not a new one). I had quite a few times i almost died.

Once you hit lvl 50 its clusterfuck. Quests everywhere.

Anyway, doest any1 know any wildstar addon to increase fps? To give more computer resorces to the game i mean. Or is there some editing tricks you can use. (70 people nuking world bosses = fps lagfest)

That part tho:
    http://shrani.si/f/2x/Cp/1i1QzinU/zerldalewew.png

Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    sorry nothing will help when you have a large amount of players stood in the same spot, turning off who and combat log addons will ease things

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    All pirate Vanilla servers are dead or dying.
    The player base has been steadily shifting to the Wrath and TBC private servers, because some have played the Vanilla content. You can only do MC, BWL for so long. There are still many many players in the scene. It's just not all focused on Vanilla now.

7+ Year Old Account
    So I recently hoped into Wildstar again, for like the 3rd or 4th time. I always left because everywhere I looked while looking up the game I've seen its dead...dead...dead and it even felt dead the first time I played it a couple of years ago.

But I've always had fun with the game every single time I played it...its a blast, the world feels realized and well created. The artstyle while cartoony is very beautiful and just has so much life to it. (Never understood why people walked away because of the art style but then loved games like Firewatch, Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter) The game knows what it is, doesn't stray from it, doesn't try to be more. Its really fun with so much to do and its theme...I love it! So good..!

I think this game could really benefit from an Expansion though,and I mean huge expansion. New worlds, our own ships to customize, fight with in PVE and PVP battles, space ship races, Space raids! Just another huge push for Wildstar, and for Carbine. With better advertisement,publicizing and pushing to communities and WAY better timing for its launch!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    So I recently hoped into Wildstar again, for like the 3rd or 4th time. I always left because everywhere I looked while looking up the game I've seen its dead...dead...dead and it even felt dead the first time I played it a couple of years ago.

But I've always had fun with the game every single time I played it...its a blast, the world feels realized and well created. The artstyle while cartoony is very beautiful and just has so much life to it. (Never understood why people walked away because of the art style but then loved games like Firewatch, Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter) The game knows what it is, doesn't stray from it, doesn't try to be more. Its really fun with so much to do and its theme...I love it! So good..!

I think this game could really benefit from an Expansion though,and I mean huge expansion. New worlds, our own ships to customize, fight with in PVE and PVP battles, space ship races, Space raids! Just another huge push for Wildstar, and for Carbine. With better advertisement,publicizing and pushing to communities and WAY better timing for its launch!
    Battlefront style battleground wouldnt be a bad idea:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Battlefront style battleground wouldnt be a bad idea:
    Yeah that would be interesting concept to base the idea of space raids off of, like how you can destroy the ship from the outside and inside? The final stage being taking the ship down from the inside or something of that sort

I don't think PVP would work in a full scale like Battlefield does, PVP space battles would be smaller more condensed. Probably 1v1, 4v4 I'd imagine would be the funnest

7+ Year Old Account
    Add a new space shaman type class, a new bounty hunter path, even update the path system. They could do alot with a proper expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Add a new space shaman type class, a new bounty hunter path, even update the path system. They could do alot with a proper expansion
    And how would you entice players to come back or try it? An expansion is not always the answer. And I imagine if this new game they are working on bombs then that's it.