10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    He'll always be a grumpy robot to me.

Then you should check them out. On an on topic note, NDAs force us to have to be very off topic. It's like fist biting in literary form. We really can't be held accountable for our banter in this scenario. We can't really know who is or isn't in beta, we can't know what we've heard and where it comes from, etc. It's like we're bursting with words, but have to talk about other ridiculous things. So yeah, Husky Rescue. Good stuff.
    This is like the longest hour ever.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

If you want to be transported to an alternate universe (SEE THIS IS WILDSTAR RELATED) just put a bunch of their stuff in a playlist on youtube and have ultimate chillout night.
    - Snipped Video -
    I think this is well suited for the scifi fantasy vibe. :P (Although their 3rd album is more solid all around, I think their second has some of their better songs)
    But,
    - Snipped Video -
    Would probably be better for chilling out... but there isn't much of a gypsy feel. It's very American revolution...
    Maybe a little western feel?
    - Snipped Video -
    *Saw MBD live in NYC once. Was awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    What happened to the Doctor Orpheus pic ;<! dat was so signature-you!

Er, I mean, I HOPE BARDARIAN IS DR. ORPHEUS IN WILDSTAR

(Yup, Wildstar related.)
    :P

I am slowly building an omnipresence on the boards I frequent so I have to unify my avatars :X <3

Please post only videos relative to the discussion. Warning.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-11-26 at 04:53 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    Not the playing wow per se, but more the pointing out how they aren't playing wow.. It's hard to explain :P. From the fansites and such I'm feeling a more "alternative" vibe which meshes more with the Exile story/RP. I think that's why they seem more popular right now.
    Or it could just be that the Dominion are horrible awful things, whereas the Exiles would just be happy if people would leave them alone and let the catch butterflies all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Well, the fair trade coffee, music, scarf, and until recently facial hair.
    We buy our groceries from an even more hipster place than whole foods. :[
    Trader Joe's?

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm currently listening to:

- Snipped Video -

As I wait impatiently for W* to come out.

Edit: www.armcannon.com for awesome video game musics.

Please post only videos relative to the discussion. Warning.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-11-26 at 04:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You changed your avatar, too?!

PEOPLE

WHY
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Trader Joe's?
    Ugh! National chain? >:[ Hate trader joes.

http://www.healthylivingmarket.com/
    http://www.citymarket.coop/

And we prefer if it was grown in the http://www.intervale.org/

And clearly the Aurin queen would agree with me >_> Because this post is about wildstar.

Please lift the NDA....I am getting sick of all this random chat in the WildStar thread...yes...I said it
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    Yeah, at least the Exiles got a really good balance, I feel that all the dominion races are pretty much "destroy, murder, ravage" with the Cassians thinking they are better than everyone else.
    i'm sort of excluding the human races from comparison here, as they are (most likely intentionally) nothing really special anyway.

but even among the evil races, you got the fierce, savage warrior; the cold, merciless killer; and the freaky, unruly psychopath who just wants to blow stuff up.

mostly i was talking about balance between the factions though, as most of the important racial features seem to be present in some form on both sides -- ecxept of course for the whole evil/good thing. you have on both sides:
    • the typical, fearless warrior with little brain (granok, draken).
    • the badass, big guy who just laughes at the soft meatbags (granok, mechari).
    • the cold, humorless fighters (mordesh, mechari).
    • the technological geniuses (mordesh, chua).
    • the adorable, fuzzy, cuddly-looking ones that probably aren't suited to be big warriors (aurin, chua).
    • the athletic, animal-like fighters who'd make perfect stalkers (aurin, draken).

just a bunch of features that different people are probably looking for in the race they play. the only big 'inbalance' i see is that the dominion seems to be lacking a race that typically prefers the power of mind/magic over front line fights, like the aurin. but maybe the mechari could fit that type (i imagine they prefer assassination over open battle) or even the cassians. maybe it's not a good idea to exclude the human races completely when looking at this^^
    It is indeed weird, but I guess it's because Medics use high-tech stuff and Aurin doesn't look that technological nor very into that stuff anyway. But my sister is like 95% sure to play a Medic and she really wanted an Aurin as well, now she's probably going Mordesh as Class>Race for her.
    that is most likely the official reason, yeah.

but while i can understand aurin not being great warriors, or granok not being good espers or stalkers, i find the "they don't have/use the technology" reason to be incredibly stupid in a sci-fi setting, especially in one as 'colorful' as wildstar. you'd think in an all out war for survival, the aurin would jump at the opportunity to broaden their horizon both for fighting, and for healing/protecting their allies and nature. the race may be traditionally low-tech (relatively speaking) but that doesn't mean no aurin ever would see the boons that come with learning about new tech, nor that they'd be unable to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    They said that these bonus objectable can give you, as shown in the livestream, a new resurrection point or, if all provided are completed even extra loot. Atleast the extra loot is a feature that many groups will want to grab.
    true. but then, will pugs always shout at people who would dare deny them their shiny extra lootz by trying to complete the dungeon quicker?^^
    My problem with the dominion is the self centered society. Draken are hold as warriors, Mech are nice to have bad guys. The furry balls are the wicked developers and the cassion try to rule them all, if commanded by the elder or not..
    self-centered yes, but also evil in often rather comical ways. i'd rather play an evil character in wildstar than in other games for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Illumy View Post
    Hmm, so it looks like it will be my Chua against the World. ^^
    which means more moving targets to blow up with each explosion! \o/

amichuanitrite?

<.<

>.>

Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    Stalker Dev speak, watch the ending!
    [video=youtube;qh8GxOhoScA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh8GxOhoScA[video]
    once more i really wish they'd give more actual, detailed information. wasn't really anything in there that we didn't already know. but i suppose that's what the stream is for :/

also, apparently aurin can use very high tech nanites and suits, but no high tech stuff that would allow them to heal others. not that i mean to complain that they can be stalkers, but... how does that make sense? -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yea... to know what Sy is going to roll in any game just pick the most cutesy race of all
    bonus points if they're blue ^_^
    Yea same here... all the words. I'll just think them at Sy and maybe he'll hear them
    that would explain the voices! ._.

Urgghh, if only you guys would ease up on the meme thing! Going to PM you this img so someone doesn't come ban me
    i generally just write stuff like "useALLTHECOLORS.jpg" instead. not as, well, colorful but it gets the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    You changed your avatar, too?!

PEOPLE

WHY
    who did?!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Please lift the NDA....I am getting sick of all this random chat in the WildStar thread...yes...I said it
    I know right?! It's so awful when fans of the game are bonding and forming a Wildstar community. We need some nononsense types to come around to scold us all! We need to keep that free spirit stuff down to prevent a revolution.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    I really like how they changed REDACTED on the stalker. It's way more fluid due to the way you can front load your damage. The lack of a REDACTED makes it feel less constricted. That said, there's nothing worse then REDACTED and being REDACTED when the target is REDACTED because it really makes you feel like playing well isn't rewarded. I think it's interesting how they added a REDACTED ability to increase REDACTED but it only works on the first hit. Sort a weird version of the original hemorrhage. Does anyone know if it maths out to be worth the REDACTED? It doesn't seem REDACTED for the amount of REDACTED it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    who did?!
    Ceale.

He used to be the tiny little box that was the mage class icon.

Now he's Samus. I know he was using that avatar on a certain other forum but damn it's jarring when people change avatars. @@

Since this thread is now about posting random crap...

I like pie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know right?! It's so awful when fans of the game are bonding and forming a Wildstar community. We need some nononsense types to come around to scold us all! We need to keep that free spirit stuff down to prevent a revolution.
    Speaking of this, we should all roll on the same server. I mean we're all going to play Exiles, clearly we'll need the numbers for 40man raiding (especially if you suck like I do)

this was only sort of a joke

I really like how they changed REDACTED on the stalker. It's way more fluid due to the way you can front load your damage. The lack of a REDACTED makes it feel less constricted. That said, there's nothing worse then REDACTED and being REDACTED when the target is REDACTED because it really makes you feel like playing well isn't rewarded. I think it's interesting how they added a REDACTED ability to increase REDACTED but it only works on the first hit. Sort a weird version of the original hemorrhage. Does anyone know if it maths out to be worth the REDACTED? It doesn't seem REDACTED for the amount of REDACTED it does.
    Honestly with the stalker, the major problem for me is the <REDACTED>. You can't even get by an enemy with how badly <REDACTED> works, and then there's the fact that <REDACTED> is broken and you have to spam <REDACTED> in order to actually do damage. AND DON'T GET ME STARTED on monsters that <REDACTED> or, rather, don't, because <REDACTED> won't do shit to them. I mean you'd have to load up your LAS with various forms of <REDACTED> in order to really kill anything, and man, the "no damage outside of <REDACTED>" crap is annoying. Taking only <REDACTED><REDACTED> at a time? Screw that.

Also, <REDACTED> is one of the best skills and that pisses me off because it's passive and the number doesn't scale with <REDACTED> like every other attack you have. It's so boring. And the cost is too high. I mean, <REDACTED>.
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2013-11-26 at 04:49 PM.

Sorry for not reading this whole thread! ;-) Any word on when we can expect an 'wildstar release'? And are they planning raiding content? (so far i've only seen dungeons)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    Sorry for not reading this whole thread! ;-) Any word on when we can expect an 'wildstar release'? And are they planning raiding content? (so far i've only seen dungeons)
    I do believe they've said that they're aiming for March, but that it could be as late as May.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of this, we should all roll on the same server. I mean we're all going to play Exiles, clearly we'll need the numbers for 40man raiding (especially if you suck like I do.
    I'm pretty sure Bard and I and our wives will be on the same server, but I'm going to go ahead and add this disclaimer: I will NOT be rolling on a PvP server. I made that decade long mistake in WoW and I have been regretting it for at least half that time. I won't make the mistake again.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Bard and I and our wives will be on the same server, but I'm going to go ahead and add this disclaimer: I will NOT be rolling on a PvP server. I made that decade long mistake in WoW and I have been regretting it for at least half that time. I won't make the mistake again.
    I think I've mentioned it before in this thread, but I am physically incapable of PvPing anymore. I used to be pretty alright at it (one time I even hit like 1900 or something in 2s) but my migraines prevent me from doing it for too long, and then prevent me from doing ANYTHING the rest of the night after I get one.

So yeah, if any of you roll on a PvP server I will not be present! xD But no I think it would be cool to have a nice little community of MMOC-ers on the same server, even if we don't share guilds or chat circles or anything.

Edit: Wait no hold on, can't you group cross-server and stuff right off the bat? i remember reading something about a RealID-esque thing in at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I've mentioned it before in this thread, but I am physically incapable of PvPing anymore. I used to be pretty alright at it (one time I even hit like 1900 or something in 2s) but my migraines prevent me from doing it for too long, and then prevent me from doing ANYTHING the rest of the night after I get one.
    I can confirm this. Before the migraines, though, the world pvp was glorious. So anyway, yeah, PvE server, ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Wait no hold on, can't you group cross-server and stuff right off the bat? i remember reading something about a RealID-esque thing in at launch.
    Uggh, no...it's only for instanced content and I had lots of rants that people didn't like reading how it's not up to par with WoW's system where you can basically play out in the world with people because of their CRZ technology. Wildstar will not have a reliable way to play with people unless you are on their server. That outdated programming and server structure needs to be replaced far more than traditional leveling and questing imo.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Uggh, no...it's only for instanced content and I had lots of rants that people didn't like reading how it's not up to par with WoW's system where you can basically play out in the world with people because of their CRZ technology. Wildstar will not have a reliable way to play with people unless you are on their server. That outdated programming and server structure needs to be replaced far more than traditional leveling and questing imo.
    Ohhhhh. That sucks.

Bleh.

Also, Husky Rescue's a pretty good band. Thanks for the recommendation. The one girl reminds me a little bit of Regina Spektor.