Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    i dont know if you can go to all or wether its race specific like i said i didnt make 8 characters to try and im not going to

you fucking do it if you care so much
    someone already said you can change the area if you want to.. but there are almost as many starting area's as there are classes. So you arent forced to do the same ones over and over.. you just choose to do it.

I really dont care that much but its kind of annoying when you break nda to state it as a fact when its clearly not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Like all Bethesda games, users are going to save a lot of the core issues with the game. I love that they have such a robust system, but there are some things that seem as if they didn't even try because they expect addons to cover those bases. Blizzard can be held accountable for similar acts over the years, but as a new game it's kinda sucky.
    I think its more like the valve approach.. and i hope carbine reward some of the community modders for their efforts. I just dont agree that the WACC option / deadeye should be done by carbine for launch as an addon would no doubt come out anyway and what is basically holding down the right mouse button to move / attack (oh and a Reticle). this goes for other non essential options of play.. its awesome to have these options but do they really need to be done by the devs especially when theyre there on day one.

I think its a refreshing approach to development with the community which isnt seen much outside of developers like valve who work with the community and reward them better than most (if not the best).
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2014-02-16 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    I just dont agree that the WACC option / deadeye should be done by carbine for launch as an addon
    Deadlock WAS done by carbine. It's just that a community member did it 20 times better with Deadlock extended so they just forwarded people to that.

The problem is that Deadlock extended is built off Deadlock unlike WACC which was built off AHK. The result is that WACC was able to bind abilities to L/R click whereas Deadlock extended can't (yet).

(this is all third party addons so... I don't think that they are part of the NDA)
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2014-02-16 at 06:51 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Like all Bethesda games, users are going to save a lot of the core issues with the game. I love that they have such a robust system, but there are some things that seem as if they didn't even try because they expect addons to cover those bases. Blizzard can be held accountable for similar acts over the years, but as a new game it's kinda sucky.
    I'm honestly not vastly familiar with the addon system in this game yet, but it does seem they are encouraging the use.
    While I do understand your point about the developer being lazy on some things, which does seem to be true. I guess I'm so used to it with having used so many addons in WoW that it doesn't really bother me too much.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    With all this intuitive Mod creation, I'm hoping for some decent RP mods (/Nerd) though Some DBM or Gatherer type addons would be neat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Sure, give us specific quests and/or boss mobs that require effort and coordination and time to kill, at least to keep some challenge for us....just don't make every run of the mill mob that way.
    Yeah, I think there are plenty of places to add challenges for those who want them without making everything that way. I know that Wildstar has gone back to the 'group quest' formula starting from very early levels. One video I watched also showed a low level raid boss in one of the starting zones. I've also heard there are 'bonus' 5-man bosses in the world (also starting from relatively low levels), but I'm not 100% sure about that one.

And, really, more actual challenges could be that way too. The combat challenges I've seen so far the only challenging thing about them is trying to kill a ton of mobs, while in competition with other players, with a horrible respawn rate, and a timer seemingly tuned around ideal killing conditions (that with certain TTKs is completely unrealistic without the other detriments).

I haven't told anyone that their opinion of the game is wrong/I wouldn't be so bold as to try and discredit every single person of one opinion because of my isolated personal experience. If I have, then I was wrong then too. The actual fact of the matter is that many people have very similar complaints with the game. I'm not just assuming this as it is concrete and written on the internet for 'all' to see.
    Speaking of isolated personal experiences, I was able to play on my friend's account yesterday and at this point my opinion has not changed. I still plan to keep tabs on the game, but it may well turn out to be a niche game that's just not my type of gaming experience. Unfortunate, because there are a lot of things I do like about it, but I only played Tera for 4 months due to the same problems I have with Wildstar currently.

I'm also really curious what classes others are playing to say they see no issues. Not that I suppose it would make much of a difference. If they say one of the classes I know to be OP (compared to the others) I'll say, "Well, that explains it." :P If they say one of the others I'll just assume they're masochists. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Lane, me and my friend played Stalker and Medic. I have no idea about the current class balance

On another note, the 2nd part of the dungeon is up:

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    I think its more like the valve approach.. and i hope carbine reward some of the community modders for their efforts.
    And that may be the case. They have stated their intent to 'steal' the best ideas and reward the creators in some way. I just don't see it being handled very well as it's the first time something like that may happen in an MMO. It just seems like one of their weaker areas is UI and I don't just mean action bars. The functionality and pure chaos that their default UI seems to create is a little absurd. Blizzard is just as lazy in terms of making a UI fully customizable, but their default UI is at least clean and functional. I cannot say the same from what I've seen of Wildstar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xayon View Post
    I'm honestly not vastly familiar with the addon system in this game yet, but it does seem they are encouraging the use.
    While I do understand your point about the developer being lazy on some things, which does seem to be true. I guess I'm so used to it with having used so many addons in WoW that it doesn't really bother me too much.
    I mean on the one hand I love the back end support and open api use for addon development. On the other, there are several smaller games that provide so much flexibility within the default game. It's not some scathing criticism as that will certainly not make or break a game for me. Having addons at all is a plus because users will fix many of the game's errors.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Lane, me and my friend played Stalker and Medic. I have no idea about the current class balance

On another note, the 2nd part of the dungeon is up:
    -snip-
    I am so ready for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Leveling is usually one of my favorite activities. A game has to be set up rather poorly for me to not enjoy it. A good example would be Tera post-45 where almost all quests are kill quests and TTK starts to increase substantially per level. Amazing combat gets old when all you're doing are killing things that take forever to die.
    All I ever see from you is complaining, I have a hard time believing you enjoy any game you play at this point.

All I can say is that subjective opinions don't need your validation to have their own merit. As such, your opinion in the matter being stated as a fact is wrong. That's all I'll say.
    Oh look....it's you again. Spouting stuff off like you know it all. And coming from someone who even stated he's NOT in the beta.

And yes, what I said was merely my own opinion and nothing more (herpa fucking derp).

But a lot of the complaints there were made about things such as how certain mechanics work, ARE completely unfounded. Or at least now they are. They might have been bad before, but now? It seems they've been fixed or at least are being improved. But it's something you wouldn't have a clue about would you? Because you're not playing it, as you so stated yourself.

So please, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    All I ever see from you is complaining, I have a hard time believing you enjoy any game you play at this point.
    Her complaints are usually pretty valid. And she has stated several times what she is looking for in an MMO, and she points out the parts she doesn't like. What's wrong with that? She does still play MMOs and enjoys them. She's even stated she enjoys the MMOs she complains about. I do too....just because I have complaints about a game, doesn't mean I still don't enjoy playing it overall. It's just that there are certain issues we wish to see addressed or fixed.

Honestly, complaining about a game and at least trying to get something done about it is better than not saying anything and just letting the game rot as is.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2014-02-16 at 11:03 PM.

Oh look....it's you again. Spouting stuff off like you know it all. And coming from someone who even stated he's NOT in the beta.

And yes, what I said was merely my own opinion and nothing more (herpa fucking derp).

But a lot of the complaints there were made about things such as how certain mechanics work, ARE completely unfounded. Or at least now they are. They might have been bad before, but now? It seems they've been fixed. But it's something you wouldn't have a clue about would you? Because you're not playing it, as you so stated yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Her complaints are usually pretty valid. And she has stated several times what she is looking for in an MMO, and she points out the parts she doesn't like. What's wrong with that? She does still play MMOs and enjoys them. She's even stated she enjoys the MMOs she complains about. I do too....just because I have complaints about a game, doesn't mean I still don't enjoy playing it overall. It's just that there are certain issues we wish to see addressed or fixed.

Honestly, complaining about a game and at least trying to get something done about it is better than not saying anything and just letting the game rot as is.
    I never said there was anything wrong with having complaints about a game did I? no. And as for valid? she's been complaining about ttk in this game for over half a dozen posts when it's been stated to her, from what people have seen, ttk's are not a problem....

I never said there was anything wrong with having complaints about a game did I? no.
    Directly? No. Indirectly? Yes.

Directly? No. Indirectly? Yes.
    not even indirectly. I said if ALL your doing is seen as complaining, it gives the impression you don't like a game. whatever this is a stupid argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yes, what I said was merely my own opinion and nothing more
    Sorry bucko. You cross the line of 'merely my opinion' town when you say that all complaints are unfounded. This means you are no longer expressing your opinion and instead trying to factually assert that other opinions are wrong.

Because you're not playing it, as you so stated yourself.

Yes. We should all be stating that because there's an NDA present. If my statements are somehow to uphold an NDA instead of wantonly breaking it, shame on you for resorting to petty insults. Surely you can communicate better? Regardless of what my experience is, there is a lot of information out there in various forms. If you'd like to play the "I'm in beta and you're not even though I shouldn't be saying that because of NDA game", be my guest. I'll be over here continuing to have productive conversations on the game's many faults which are echoed quite strongly by many people in places. But surely you've seen them, as you seem to be all up in it so to speak.
    BAD WOLF

Sorry bucko. You cross the line of 'merely my opinion' town when you say that all complaints are unfounded. This means you are no longer expressing your opinion and instead trying to factually assert that other opinions are wrong.

Yes. We should all be stating that because there's an NDA present. If my statements are somehow to uphold an NDA instead of wantonly breaking it, shame on you for resorting to petty insults. Surely you can communicate better? Regardless of what my experience is, there is a lot of information out there in various forms. If you'd like to play the "I'm in beta and you're not even though I shouldn't be saying that because of NDA game", be my guest. I'll be over here continuing to have productive conversations on the game's many faults which are echoed quite strongly by many people in places. But surely you've seen them, as you seem to be all up in it so to speak.
    Blah, blah, blah. Same ol', same ol' from you.

And I didn't say all. Read.

And don't go acting all "holier than thou art" when you've broken the NDA yourself several times, in some way or form. Whether you think you have or not is irrelevant. Because you have.

I never said there was anything wrong with having complaints about a game did I? no. And as for valid? she's been complaining about ttk in this game for over half a dozen posts when it's been stated to her, from what people have seen, ttk's are not a problem....
    Nice exaggeration, but no. There was discussion about the pacing of leveling being too slow, certain classes having terrible TTK, and the combination of the two lending itself to gameplay that is not enjoyable. Stalker is really where TTK should be, but the class kills significantly faster than most other classes currently.

TTK 'not being a problem' is also highly subjective as you said yourself:

Because most normal people like 10-15 even 20 second TTK on mobs. Wildstar is just about right where they are at, just need to lower out of combat health regen a bit.
    Most "normal" people actually don't like that, especially not with Wildstar's questing system, but obviously you do and the 'hardcore' niche crowd that Wildstar seems to be catering to currently. Which, incidentally, I said if that's the model they keep with by release then I will just accept that the game is not for me. However, they keep doing major balance adjustments with each beta based on their forum feedback, so if they end up getting enough thoughts similar to mine then it very well may change which is part of why I keep an eye on the game.

Most of my initial opinion of Wildstar was positive as in "Hell yes, we're buying this game when it's released, no question!" But, sorry, I'm not on board with anything that feels grindy to me regardless of what other bells and whistles may exist, which is figuratively and literally the biggest drag to Wildstar right now, IMO.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

TTK is vastly different between the classes. Some classes take much longer to down a mob than others. So the people stating that TTK's are not a problem, are the ones playing on a currently OP class that doesn't have the issue. But the other classes do have the issue. It is a problem, just not for the people playing the "correct" class.

TTK is vastly different between the classes. Some classes take much longer to down a mob than others. So the people stating that TTK's are not a problem, are the ones playing on a currently OP class that doesn't have the issue. But the other classes do have the issue. It is a problem, just not for the people playing the "correct" class.
    certain classes? which ones? The 4 i've seen have had no longer then 10 seconds ttk's on groups of mobs, maybe a 15 on a big one. That's not long. The other two classes I do not have any experience on, but I seriously can't imagine the difference is so outragiously different it won't be changed accordingly.

Deleted
    certain classes? which ones? The 4 i've seen have had no longer then 10 seconds ttk's on groups of mobs, maybe a 15 on a big one. That's not long. The other two classes I do not have any experience on, but I seriously can't imagine the difference is so outragiously different it won't be changed accordingly.
    all classes need to have the same survivability, burst, aoe etc.. didnt you know that. Class balance in beta is still a work in progress..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Most "normal" people actually don't like that, especially not with Wildstar's questing system, but obviously you do and the 'hardcore' niche crowd that Wildstar seems to be catering to currently. Which, incidentally, I said if that's the model they keep with by release then I will just accept that the game is not for me. However, they keep doing major balance adjustments with each beta based on their forum feedback, so if they end up getting enough thoughts similar to mine then it very well may change which is part of why I keep an eye on the game.
    Agreed. I think they listen to that hardcore minority a little too much, especially regarding questing. I'm ok with an exclusive endgame where the difficulty has an infinite ceiling. Cater to those people then. Don't eliminate a large portion of potential players within the first 20 levels/first month from boring them to death. A game so vocally focused on end game should realize that questing is a means to an end.

It's fine to weave in awesome stuff and it doesn't mean to ignore it, but it needs to be as quick as possible for people wanting that and retain it's charm for people to go back and do whatever. I still think having path and challenges be optional downscaling, but yielding appropriate level rewards is the best way to accomplish that. I'm not sure why developer's don't realize allowing multiple player types to enjoy all aspects of your game turns out to be a win in the long run.
    BAD WOLF