10+ Year Old Account
    Think they just mentioned in the last vid or two that you can still turn the telegraphs off.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just watched the 30 minute Gamespot video. THe combat looks really fun, that's what I would have liked for GW 2 combat. Also, after seeing the soldier in action, and that big bone thing that attacked him, I am not so sure anymore if I want to be an explorer or a soldier... xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    GW2 was great for what it does, but after experiencing it I am a firm believer in the neeed for the trinity, or even the quadrinity with a support class. Having chaotic, you do for yourself and no one has a purpose is fun at first, but is a very weak system for building content. Defined roles not only allow for more complicated design, but give the players a sense of purpose that helps with many things: Choosing what classes to play by playing what you like and actually getting better at performing in a group setting by learning certain roles. - to name a couple.

This isn't disrespecting GW2, which I do enjoy, but it's not a very rewarding or complicated system when everyone is a jack of all trades, master of none. Most people prefer being masters of something.
    That's fine if you think this. For me the trinity is a big detraction. Instead of trying to improve gameplay without using the trinity they revert back to it. Other upcoming mmos are using the trinity too so I'll try not to focus on wildstar for just using it.

I'm starting to realize that mmos are not for me anymore, they have gotten tiresome.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'm starting to realize that mmos are not for me anymore, they have gotten tiresome.
    I was at that point and had to completely shift the way I play and what I expect out of my play. It did wonders for me, but it's different for everyone.

Here's a link to a good video where the Exec Producer of Wildstar: Jeremy Gaffney talks about the game. There's some things I haven't heard other places. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...-Crafting.html

Wildstar content starts at 42 mins, but the whole video has a great discussion on MMOs in general.
    BAD WOLF

i know everyone has their thing their own personal tastes i just cant see playing or paying for a game this cartoonish and comedic. it looks ok in certain aspects but what sticks out in my mind is something like a 2014 mmo earthworm jim without the earthworm and a combination of other cheap games i have played over the years. i hope the people that play it enjoy it and stick with it but from what i can see it doesnt look any better than any other game out now just a polished cartoon setting. i would rather play PSO-2 over wildstar.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

I felt like you at first, tru. But the art style has grown on me the more I look into the game. It still isn't my preferred look (much prefer a gw2 type aesthetic) but it has its own charm.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The boss towards the end they said it took them a year to make and is one of the hardest in the game.

Looked extremely simple to me...
    You need to google the Dunning-Kruger effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple of neat things I noticed from the video I posted:

1) Aiming to have an open tagging system and reward players for helping other...probably will be similar to GW2 if I had to guess.

2) Some sandbox elements will work to allow players to help eachother while playing on their own. For example, the Settler path will be able to place campfires into the game to give buffs to other players. Each time their fire is used, it might give them XP for their path/class.

3) They want to deliver single player content, story driven content, that changes the world and moves the story forward on a monthly basis. (I'll believe it when I see it, but it's nice that they recognize this as a necessity already) He specifically said they want to avoid the same rep grinds and dailies dailies dailies in their content delivery.

4) Regarding LFG: Shipping a game without it in this day is stupidity, so I'm assuming they will have one at launch or will aim to have one asap.

5) The PvP maps that players can build have been tested at 20v20 and 40v40 successfully.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-02-14 at 10:09 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Couple of neat things I noticed from the video I posted:

1) Aiming to have an open tagging system and reward players for helping other...probably will be similar to GW2 if I had to guess.
    I'm thinking this will become the norm for all mmos being developed now (unless it's a FFA pvp type of game).

Yeah, playing Tera recently and the mob tagging is frustrating the hell out of me. Do like that open tagging is a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Yeah, playing Tera recently and the mob tagging is frustrating the hell out of me. Do like that open tagging is a thing.
    Mob tagging is so outdated and it really is crazy still exists. I have not the foggiest why a modern mmo would entertain the idea of retaining mob tagging n

4) Regarding LFG: Shipping a game without it in this day is stupidity, so I'm assuming they will have one at launch or will aim to have one asap.

5) The PvP maps that players can build have been tested at 20v20 and 40v40 successfully.
    I just finished watching the clip and man its a relief to know he knows that a good lfg system is essential to the success or failure of new mmos. Players can only stand spamming trade for so long before they want to /wrist when all the competitors have lfg systems even though people cry bloody murder that they kill realm communities.

I haven't been following the game too closely but the pvp stuff he mentioned sounds really cool since I hadn't seen anything about pvp yet. I think the huge pvp battles sound awesome especially with it being customizable by the players. I honestly can't wait for this game. The more I hear about it the more I want to play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    I just finished watching the clip and man its a relief to know he knows that a good lfg system is essential to the success or failure of new mmos. Players can only stand spamming trade for so long before they want to /wrist when all the competitors have lfg systems even though people cry bloody murder that they kill realm communities.
    Yes, I am starting to like the guy a lot. Instead of hearing the usual fluff and promises to be the best at everything, he seems very knowledgeable about the state of MMOs and what features are mandatory for one to succeed. His opinions on the genre in general are very intelligent and I think he expresses his thoughts well.

I was very surprised by this video and am glad he's doing the job that he has.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'm thinking this will become the norm for all mmos being developed now (unless it's a FFA pvp type of game).
    I really hope so. There's honestly no reason why it ever existed unless they just couldn't figure out how to program it. It punishes players for helping one another and makes it so everyone is your enemy. Very surprised Mists launched without it to be honest. It's a sign that even Blizzard might be falling behind the times. Even games like LotRO who came out around the same time have progressed to open tagging systems.
    BAD WOLF

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 09:41 PM ----------

I really hope so. There's honestly no reason why it ever existed unless they just couldn't figure out how to program it. It punishes players for helping one another and makes it so everyone is your enemy. Very surprised Mists launched without it to be honest. It's a sign that even Blizzard might be falling behind the times. Even games like LotRO who came out around the same time have progressed to open tagging systems.
    It makes the grind last longer, getting more time out of the same content. and it fosters competition, not a bad thing imo.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    It makes the grind last longer, getting more time out of the same content.
    Please reread what you just typed and think if that's your honest opinion. If so, whether you know it or no,t you support poor development and are not a friend to the evolution of the genre or of consumers/players. If you think either of your statements are good for games or players...I don't even know what to say.
    and it fosters competition, not a bad thing imo.
    Please see above. MMOs don't exist to 'foster competition' directly with other players, especially of your same faction, outside of PvP. It's a terrible thing.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-02-15 at 05:38 AM.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes the grind last longer, getting more time out of the same content. and it fosters competition, not a bad thing imo.
    What.. ? Please be sarcasm please be sarcasm, it's sarcasm right? I love competing for 25 wolves for 10 bladders really game enhancing
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-02-15 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    What.. ? Please be sarcasm please be sarcasm, it's sarcasm right? I love competing for 25 wolves for 10 bladders really game enhancing
    I can see what he's saying; competition is supposed to make people perform better in the long run. However, competition for competition's sake is a detriment which is exactly the type of thing you outline. There should be no reason to compete for mobs in an open playing field. It doesn't make you (general) a better player, it just makes you a dick when you start hogging all the kills.

Only time I could see it being a good choice to have separate tagging of mobs is if the game is free for all pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do like the variety of ways you can get xp. The more options the better in my opinion.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Do you have links to any of those interviews? I'd be interested...i've never heard them say anything about f2p or microtransactions
    I think it was MMORPG. Pretty sure it was this video, it is pretty long, but it is really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct9Ogn7AazM