The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    I don't see how it would be agreed upon.
    It's called a User Interface. It doesn't require communication, just a pretty window that let's you know someone wants to mark you as a rival, much like duel notifications let you know someone wants to duel you. One click of a button later and you have a new rival. You even answered your own question in your #2...the whole point is that it would be easy to press no if you didn't want that gameplay forced on you.

This isn't like, oh well you chose a pvp server so you should be prepared to be ganked by anyone...oh and in this game you must also be prepared to be visually marked by any number of people and griefed until you reroll on a PvE server. That's just bad design and bad business.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    And no game developer would make game features based upon the assumption that players use 3rd party software to improve their game performance.
    Haha...hahaha....oh god. SWTOR and GW2 say hello. Do I think it is logical? Hell no. But their lack of addon support or proper secondary systems force people to do just that. Also, you do realize that just about every MMO with organized group content takes the assumption you are going to be communicating on 3rd party software right?

The games that do develop in game voice software normally fail at it and admit it's just better to use ventrilo, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Through the guild of calamitous intent, of course. You can't just arch anyone you want.
    Exactly. You have to be assigned someone to arch. It's clearly listed in the rule book. And you will never be taken seriously if you aren't a card carrying member.
    Unlicensed aggression can lead to disregarding of treaties, improperly matched animosity, or inappropriate behavior. Guild certification goes a long way to making someone a name brand villain
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Exactly. You have to be assigned someone to arch. It's clearly listed in the rule book. And you will never be taken seriously if you aren't a card carrying member.
    http://video.adultswim.com/the-ventu...the-guild.html

"What are your powers?"
    "I have an inordinate amount of money"
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    what makes it funny is that people actually think all gankers are crappy pvpers lol .. open world pvp will be the only place you can seriously outgear someone (especially with gear / rating matchmaking). The new rival system will do what alot of gankers want.. bring more players to you (aswell as griefing for luls).
    Would be funny if rival system forces both sides to get scaled. :P

On a PVE Server this will encourage open PVP which will be blanced through scaling. Fair to everyone. On PVP Servers its already decided that you dont want to play like a gentleman - harass them like you want or just till the ticket gets processed :P

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

rivals list sounds more like a complement to a friends list. i'd bet all it does it give their name a different color.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I never quite understood why anyone who chooses to roll on a PVP server gets twisted over someone actually.. pvping them? Ganking / the threat of it is is why I roll on one in the first place. If you want carefully controlled pvp in designated zones / instances.. isnt that just what a normal PVE server is

Personally I love the idea of the rival system and if it encourages more REAL pvp as in world pvp rather than carefully controlled / organized / instanced pvp then im all for it

that said I loves me some PVE and actually consider myself more of a PVE'r than a PVP'r but hell the threat enemy contact should make you sweat a little or why bother

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to love pvp servers, but I think I've become more of a pve guy as I've aged. I'll probably roll toons on both, to see the difference.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I heard from the internet that some people have made an Action combat mode addon for Wildstar.
    The dev team is still deciding on how they feel about it.

According to rumors. Whispered by ninjas... In the dark.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I heard from the internet that some people have made an Action combat mode addon for Wildstar.

According to rumors. Whispered by ninjas... In the dark.
    A dinosaur on a space ship from the future confirmed via holocall, with a blurred face (to protect their identity), that those rumors, whispered by ninjas, are in all likelihood true.

Edit:
    And then Brock strangled a guy.
    BAD WOLF

If they decide to bann it they need to get a f'en life. It doesn't affect outside players. It's just a cursor on the screen so you don't have to tab tab tab.

Seriously carbine don't be stupid -.-

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Still don't like their gloss over explanation of 'Rivals'...interesting that you can mark your own faction though. That part seems really, really tailored for griefing. Even in his explanation he mentions marking someone because they are gathering in your area. It's like they don't understand the tools they are giving to promote player animosity.

That is not a good thing to have in your game.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Its nice to be talking about completely safe non-nda breaking type stuff. Yeah, completely legit no-naughty-list-for-me type things. Like, groovy. I absolutely agree that that thing that you were agreeing with could like be agreed to agreeably, like, totally.

Wink wink nudge nudge...

Deleted
    Skullcano - good name for a dungeon

Love the art style in Wildstar. If they do it right this game is going to blow the hell up... if they do it wrong... well... I'll be disappointed.
    I have a terrible gaming youtube channel • https://www.youtube.com/fevirgaming

Deleted
    Maybe It's just me, but I think the graphics looks a lot better in that Zam article/interview? (The screenshots)

Deleted
    http://www.mmorpg.com/streams.cfm

Content director on atm

10+ Year Old Account
    SirRobin, I'm telling: there are way too many hyphens in that sentence, thus confusing my stupid mind. You made me feel stupid!!! I am very curious what challenges are. I know there are dungeon ones but the patch notes made it seem like there existed others. Also, very curious about adventures and wondering if they're going to be like Rift's instant adventures or something different. I liked that they said they were long...but that could have been the other video I was watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man this game is looking up! Few questions, is this going to be a P2P model, B2P, or F2P?

And also, any recent/new gameplay videos of classes and such? I want to see some of the gameplay. Reading about it, this game looks like it can't fail but I'd like to see how smooth things are looking.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    Man this game is looking up! Few questions, is this going to be a P2P model, B2P, or F2P?
    Yes. Next question.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yes. Next question.
    I see what you did there