Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I don't know how you are you don't strike me as an important person to keep track of so, no not really
    Also don't know how you having a game pre-ordered would dismiss that.
    Bardarian tends to be one of the more positive people around this thread and doesn't doom cheerlead. He is however allowed to say if parts of the game are not to his liking.

Deleted
    Im really getting into the game, I usually hate casters (have every melee class at 90 in WoW, no casters..) but damn the Esper is fun. Just turned level 11 and the spells look awesome and it just feels great.

Is the game optimized now or will there be work on that before release? im running around at 30-45 fps which isn't too bad but a boost in performance wouldn't hurt before release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Im really getting into the game, I usually hate casters (have every melee class at 90 in WoW, no casters..) but damn the Esper is fun. Just turned level 11 and the spells look awesome and it just feels great.

Is the game optimized now or will there be work on that before release? im running around at 30-45 fps which isn't too bad but a boost in performance wouldn't hurt before release.
    I don't think it is, perfomance issues are probably the biggest complaint right now, even high end machines are having issues.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Randomly logged in for the free goodies (don't plan on playing anymore until the real launch), and yeah, performance seems worse on my PC than the previous weekends. Far worse, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suprm View Post
    One thing I don't like is the stat scale. At the moment at "cap" you get minimum of 25k hp and can easily do 10k crits which is crazy. In few expansions and gear upgrades the HP pools and damage will be completely inflated.

Cata 2.0 in this regard.
    This is good imo. Season 11 was my favorite PvP season period, DoT cleaving RBGs all day. Cata was the best expansion when it came to WoW PvP, without a doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    This is good imo. Season 11 was my favorite PvP season period, DoT cleaving RBGs all day. Cata was the best expansion when it came to WoW PvP, without a doubt.
    This is where I and many players who played Arena disagree. Wotlk was simply great in terms of Arenas (fotm comps/classes are always around ofc). Inflated stats suck. I remember being happy criting my first 10k back in TBC (in PvP) and even in Wotlk pulling 20k-30k as Ret. However Cata came and it just felt like, well meh w/e. But obviously numbers are numbers, it works out the same anyway in the end as the HP pools also increase however no need for inflation.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    This is where I and many players who played Arena disagree. Wotlk was simply great in terms of Arenas (fotm comps/classes are always around ofc). Inflated stats suck. I remember being happy criting my first 10k back in TBC (in PvP) and even in Wotlk pulling 20k-30k as Ret. However Cata came and it just felt like, well meh w/e. But obviously numbers are numbers, it works out the same anyway in the end as the HP pools also increase however no need for inflation.
    Oh, I think season s7 of WotLK is commonly regarded to have been the best arena season in history, but I was mostly talking about PvP in general. I feel like s11 PvP was the peak of WoW PvP.

I mean, I guess a large part of why I loved s11 had to do with the fact that I was an Affliction Warlock with Cunning of the Cruel. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbreck View Post
    After playing ESO and then trying to play this game some last night I find I regret my decision to pre-order this game even more. ESO doesn't have the greatest combat in the world, or the most impressive visual feedback, but it has been really refreshing not having to look at the UI much. You just focus on the game world itself and press buttons when you need to rather than stare at your UI constantly watching for cooldowns, procs, and multiple resource meters. I don't know if I can go back to that kind of UI whack-a-mole style of play.
    After a while you dont even need to look at your UI, it should come naturally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I think season s7 of WotLK is commonly regarded to have been the best arena season in history, but I was mostly talking about PvP in general. I feel like s11 PvP was the peak of WoW PvP.

I mean, I guess a large part of why I loved s11 had to do with the fact that I was an Affliction Warlock with Cunning of the Cruel. :P
    BG's always feel the same. I think MoP has it great though but have not played that properly.

Stopped after S9, since Arena just felt horrid but that's also to do with me playing since early TBC and getting bored of it all. Most top PvPers back Wotlk up. Hence why AT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    After a while you dont even need to look at your UI, it should come naturally.
    This. Who looks at their UI? Sure to check cooldowns but you don't tunnel vision it. Specially in this game where there is small range of abilities compared to WoW where you can have minimum of 15-20 keybinds + macros.
    -K

This. Who looks at their UI? Sure to check cooldowns but you don't tunnel vision it. Specially in this game where there is small range of abilities compared to WoW where you can have minimum of 15-20 keybinds + macros.
    Clearly, you didn't play an infiltration jedi shadow in early SWTOR.

"Is my backstab buff up? Is my backstab buff up? IS IT??? THE TINY BOXES ARE ALL THE SAME COLOR. IS MY BUFF UP???"
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

People look at their UI? I just spam the button until the move I want fires!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Is there a trick to getting the 64 bit client working now? It was working fine yesterday but today I just get a "Missing Wildstar.exe" error. The 32 bit client seems to work fine.
    Afaik it should only install the right client for your OS. You need to use the launcher then in admin mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Clearly, you didn't play an infiltration jedi shadow in early SWTOR.

"Is my backstab buff up? Is my backstab buff up? IS IT??? THE TINY BOXES ARE ALL THE SAME COLOR. IS MY BUFF UP???"
    Ah yes of course then there is SWTOR as well, but no I played on the sith side (Sorcerer & Marauder) which was alright to manage I suppose and lol haha! ;D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    People look at their UI? I just spam the button until the move I want fires!
    and the target dies

- - - Updated - - -

How do you not look at your UI in games like this? For example, playing the Engineer I had 4 abilities with cooldowns, 2 that required a certain amount of Volatility, and one that was only usable when I crit.
    Might depend on class but you only need to look at it every 10 seconds. As Stalker and Warrior I can manage, at level 15.
    -K

Deleted
    How do you not look at your UI in games like this? For example, playing the Engineer I had 4 abilities with cooldowns, 2 that required a certain amount of Volatility, and one that was only usable when I crit.
    Hard to explain, how does a Pilot watch so many things all at once? It is just something you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who played an Afflock (the class/spec with the most used abilities) for most of his WoW experience, it's something that becomes second nature through your peripheral senses. After a while, the cool down anticipation will be seared into your mind and you won't need your UI as much. 4 abilities with cooldowns is really nothing.

But I had been playing for so long that I rarely even looked at anything on my UI.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno if I'd count "flicking my eye down to see if this move is off CD yet, then immediately looking back up" as looking at your UI very much.

Besides, once this game has a PowerAuras, I'll never have to look again. xD

I DO have one gripe with the new UI, though, and it's that I really really don't like how vague the HP bars are. You can turn the numbers back on (why the hell this isn't the default option is beyond me) but I'd like to be able to do % and actual number. It's just what I'm used to, I suppose, but addons'll fix it eventually.

I prefer the more mechanical feel of the old UI as opposed to the streamlined... Star Trek feel of the new one. WHY IS MY DATACHRON FLOATING ARRRGH BE CONNECTED OT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN! @_@
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Besides, once this game has a PowerAuras, I'll never have to look again. xD
    The best addon. Words can not describe how much better SWTOR would have been with PA. WHO THOUGHT CHUCKLING WAS A GOOD INDICATOR???

Speaking of which, do we know if there's PA for this game yet?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    The best addon. Words can not describe how much better SWTOR would have been with PA. WHO THOUGHT CHUCKLING WAS A GOOD INDICATOR???

Speaking of which, do we know if there's PA for this game yet?
    I don't use addons during beta, so I've no idea. I suppose I could go crawling around on the addons forum... -wanders off-
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't have any fancy graphics yet but basic functionality of it is in.

http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wilds...4-aura-mastery

There are plenty of addons out for most things, mostly due to their support of addon creators, getting them in and giving them a lua build tool. So that anyone who commits some time to it can create addons eventually.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

As someone who played an Afflock (the class/spec with the most used abilities) for most of his WoW experience, it's something that becomes second nature through your peripheral senses. After a while, the cool down anticipation will be seared into your mind and you won't need your UI as much. 4 abilities with cooldowns is really nothing.
    I'm sure that's fine if you're a one main/one spec type of person, which I am not. I am almost always looking at my hotbar between being an altoholic + changing builds with relative frequency.

Anyway. :P I saw a video with the new character customization options. I think Aurins made out the best by far. They got a couple of new really cute hairstyles and their body types don't look totally ridiculous (for the most part). Was really disappointed that Mordesh and Granok females basically just got a few more versions of essentially "bald" hairstyles (seriously guys?).
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson