Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    That's not at all what I was trying to say. You are constantly trying to dismiss everything I said by "WoW didn't invent this, so Wildstar isn't copying WoW when they use it". I know WoW didn't invent any of the things I mentioned in my posts, I mean WoW is well known for blatantly referencing all kinds of things from literature, movies, other games, real life etc.

My point is that Wildstar is using a similar approach and uses many small things (like for example how the races look and feel) on purpose to make them specifically similar to WoW to attract the crowd from WoW by offering a familiar experience.

EDIT: To make it even clearer what my point it. I like was Wildstar is offering and I'm not trying to bash the game, but I have the feeling their strategy to sell the game is like: "Come to us, we offer everything you know and like about WoW, with some things you have been asking for years like player housing, while bringing in the cool action combat which everyone prizes from newer mmos."
    Eh, I feel some of your arguments for WoW similarities are kind of weak, saying the Granok are like orcs is strange to me because just being a big burly battle-loving race is not enough to make the 'orc clones', especially since they lack some of the orcs other notable traits like the honor-obsession and demon hangups. I might as well say the Granok are klingons. They share about as many similarities.

There are a few similarities here and there between the games but I think that's less due to any intentional design aspects and more due to certain things regularly being present in the MMO and Fantasy genres.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    It's the time already? Is it Wednesday early morning in the States right now?
    On the East coast it is about 2:30 am. Carbine is on the west coast right? San Francisco? The time would be 11:27 pm.

I am not certain they will release the info at 12:01am Pacific Time. They might, or they may wait until they go into work tomorrow.

Deleted
    So another MMO bandwagon eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say?
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    Found this on Reddit which someone found on Deviantart (hence nothing 'NDA-breaking'). http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...uz-d5xsg4w.jpg

The author of this picture has in fact been retweeted by Wildstar, so might be a sign?.
    The arms reminds you a bit about the "raised arm" and they're supposed to be technological according to datamining - which also suits this pic!
    IfMordesh look a little bit like this... I'll LOVE 'em!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakorath67 View Post
    On the East coast it is about 2:30 am. Carbine is on the west coast right? San Francisco? The time would be 11:27 pm.

I am not certain they will release the info at 12:01am Pacific Time. They might, or they may wait until they go into work tomorrow.
    Carbine studios located at southern california. An hour drive from L.A.

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Found this on Reddit which someone found on Deviantart (hence nothing 'NDA-breaking'). http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...uz-d5xsg4w.jpg

The author of this picture has in fact been retweeted by Wildstar, so might be a sign?.
    The arms reminds you a bit about the "raised arm" and they're supposed to be technological according to datamining - which also suits this pic!
    IfMordesh look a little bit like this... I'll LOVE 'em!
    They looked more cyborg than space zombie to me hehe, but you never know with Carbine people

Carbine studios located at southern california. An hour drive from L.A.

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 02:38 PM ----------

They looked more cyborg than space zombie to me hehe, but you never know with Carbine people
    Watch the video that shows the exile hands, and you will see that the hand is encased in some form of tech casing to preserve any of the remaining flesh, or perhaps make the disease spreading cease.

Edit*

Also, I believe that was just a concept image of a guess.

...but I sure hope they look like that. Great style!
    Last edited by Sakorath67; 2013-05-29 at 06:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Eh, I feel some of your arguments for WoW similarities are kind of weak, saying the Granok are like orcs is strange to me because just being a big burly battle-loving race is not enough to make the 'orc clones', especially since they lack some of the orcs other notable traits like the honor-obsession and demon hangups. I might as well say the Granok are klingons. They share about as many similarities.

There are a few similarities here and there between the games but I think that's less due to any intentional design aspects and more due to certain things regularly being present in the MMO and Fantasy genres.
    Perhaps you are right. But for me it was from the 1st time I saw the videos of the game I had many moments when I had the feeling "Oh, look, that look just like WoW". Some people probably have this feeling with many mmos, but for me that's usually not the case, especially since I stopped playing WoW a couple of years ago. It's probably a very subjective thing, but that's how I feel about the game and you or anyone else feeling different about the game is perfectly normal. I'm just annoyed when someone goes on an irrelevant tangent about how WoW didn't invent all the things I feel are similar between WoW and Wildstar just to dismiss my opinion about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    Perhaps you are right. But for me it was from the 1st time I saw the videos of the game I had many moments when I had the feeling "Oh, look, that look just like WoW". Some people probably have this feeling with many mmos, but for me that's usually not the case, especially since I stopped playing WoW a couple of years ago. It's probably a very subjective thing, but that's how I feel about the game and you or anyone else feeling different about the game is perfectly normal. I'm just annoyed when someone goes on an irrelevant tangent about how WoW didn't invent all the things I feel are similar between WoW and Wildstar just to dismiss my opinion about the game.
    If its any consolation, WoW has done what other games did *longer* so, I agree calling something WoW's is okay to an extent. They obviously found a great way to implement the features they both adopted and created, as it has lasted for 9 years, and is still healthy.

Seems like we are beating a dead horse though with this topic. Can't we settle with that it is very hard to create a successful MMO that doesnt adopt some of the ideas/practices from the most successful MMO of all time?

12:01am Pacific Time (Carbine Time) and no update on the site. Looks like they will update it in the morning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakorath67 View Post
    If its any consolation, WoW has done what other games did *longer* so, I agree calling something WoW's is okay to an extent. They obviously found a great way to implement the features they both adopted and created, as it has lasted for 9 years, and is still healthy.

Seems like we are beating a dead horse though with this topic. Can't we settle with that it is very hard to create a successful MMO that doesnt adopt some of the ideas/practices from the most successful MMO of all time?

12:01am Pacific Time (Carbine Time) and no update on the site. Looks like they will update it in the morning.
    Absolutely, and I agree with you that we stayed on this topic for too long. Going to work now hoping that when I come back there will be some nice new info about Wildstar and some more interesting topics to discuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    So far what i've seen all the features that has been promised by the devs was mostly spot on. There will always be a new MMO bandwagon that came out with it but from my view, many people love what this game going to be,so i guess it's a good bandwagon?

Deleted
    So far what i've seen all the features that has been promised by the devs was mostly spot on. There will always be a new MMO bandwagon that came out with it but from my view, many people love what this game going to be,so i guess it's a good bandwagon?
    Look at the man's sig he clearly doesn't want to discuss normally.

Aww yeah looks like i'm playing engineer instead of stalker, pic of engineer pet bar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TranceMonster View Post
    Aww yeah looks like i'm playing engineer instead of stalker, pic of engineer pet bar
    It's not confirmed though that engineer will get a 'pet' system. But the being able to use a mech suit is pretty awesome lol

I'm just poking my head in here to say this: Wildstar needs to release already so they can get on with releasing Lineage Eternal!

Also I kinda want to try Wildstar because it looks wacky as hell, in a good way. Mostly the former though.

10+ Year Old Account
    HYBRID PAYMENT MODEL CONFIRMED.

http://wildstar.junkiesnation.com/20...payment-model/

Host Magic Man’s final question was about WildStar‘s future payment model and Gaffney replied, “I will say that it’s a hybrid model. We’re not really going for a simple model.”

:O thoughts guys? and girls.

Also, a few screenies of guild/housing stuff: http://imgur.com/a/3a02n
    Last edited by Monarken; 2013-05-29 at 02:06 PM.
    AkA Companiet !
    #Wildstar2013

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monarken View Post
    thoughts guys? and girls.
    Its been mentioned before, or at least strongly implied, that WSO would use some sort of hybrid revenue model. The problem is we've never, and still don't in fact, had any details on that hybrid.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Host Magic Man’s final question was about WildStar‘s future payment model and Gaffney replied, “I will say that it’s a hybrid model. We’re not really going for a simple model.”

I really hope they go with the GW2 Model. Buy the game, with a cash shop. No sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh. nice it's B2P with optional subscription then. there is no way that I can see them releasing this game straight of as F2P. : p

Yea we knew that... the part we still don't know is what exactly they mean by it and how it will work exactly. I mean most likely is it will be F2P with a sub option. Hopefully the F2P part won't be horribly punishing, but the sub part would still feel worthwhile and rewarding to the people who choose that option.

But it could be something else entirely as well. There is just no way to know for sure.