New article posted on the official site. I'm not sure if this is our WildStar Wednesday or not, but here it is.

*Edit* Can't post a link because I read and usually don't post. Just go to the official site for the article.

Personally I think that if the path isn't hard, then the results may very well be too soft. Nor do I feel its about easy or sanctity. Its about transparency. I also don't differentiate between Alpha, Beta, and soft, or stealth, launches. Whether you paid for access to an Alpha or Beta. The software is still in an Alpha or Beta state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faulted View Post
    New article posted on the official site. I'm not sure if this is our WildStar Wednesday or not, but here it is.

*Edit* Can't post a link because I read and usually don't post. Just go to the official site for the article.
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...ui_add-ons.php
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-07-03 at 07:38 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Thanks for posting the article linke. It is awesome to see that they are embracing addons and putting resources into making the tool as robust as possible. Must have been awesome to be Packetdancer and get invited to Carbine.

I saw their names and the first thing that popped into my head was they probably used to play Shadowrun.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Its about transparency.
    I guess that's where the opinions come into play. Transparency for me is just communicating openly in whatever you can. While it's incredibly nuanced and hard to nail down, it's obviously very easy to spot (even if we can't explain why). A good example is the difference between how Wildstar has communicated from the beginning and how Bioware still communicates regarding SWTOR.

Transparency for me isn't being able to see every iteration of the game. That's an ugly process and not anything remotely helpful for 99% of their consumers. It isn't until 8 years later we look back with nostalgia on all that ugly mess like WoW. Captain placeholder and all that jazz.

Good read btw. Have already heard great things about addons in the game.
    BAD WOLF

We can only hope that they already get few of these amazing addons to implement them right from the start

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Couldn't find the wildstar Wednesday up on the site
    What was it?
    Thanks

Keyboard Turner
    Quote Originally Posted by Charliesheen View Post
    Couldn't find the wildstar Wednesday up on the site
    What was it?
    Thanks
    Team WildStar Team_WildStar
    #WildStar Wesdnesday is up and we talk about fan made add-ons. Thank you PacketDancer for your creativity! ow.ly/mDCs4

Worst W&W ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cybx View Post
    Worst W&W ever
    Thanks peanut gallery. Worst post ever.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Cybx View Post
    Team WildStar Team_WildStar
    #WildStar Wesdnesday is up and we talk about fan made add-ons. Thank you PacketDancer for your creativity! ow.ly/mDCs4

Worst W&W ever
    Yea I try not to even look forward to them anymore. Always ends in disappointment.

Bloodsail Admiral Tsundere Pejo's Avatar
    I don't understand the dislike for the newest WSW - it is very interesting and gives us insight on what we'll be able to see in addons. Even for those who do not develop addons (get out there and learn ), these additional features will be probably of great use and QoL. Carbine can't announce new classes/races every week. They can't do indepth information on anything ( any of their professions, for example ) as there is still quite a bit of iteration. They don't want to release information on something that may show up in a different form at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    I don't understand the dislike for the newest WSW
    As time goes on, more people get brought on board in anticipation for Wildstar. Unfortunately most of these people have no patience and haven't been around talking about the game for a while. Naturally they expect every single Wednesday to tell them the mysteries of space and time, otherwise it is a huge disappointment. Just take it for what it's worth, which is basically nothing.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    As time goes on, more people get brought on board in anticipation for Wildstar. Unfortunately most of these people have no patience and haven't been around talking about the game for a while. Naturally they expect every single Wednesday to tell them the mysteries of space and time, otherwise it is a huge disappointment. Just take it for what it's worth, which is basically nothing.
    This W*W is a step up from the last 4 that's for sure.

I don't care about the mechanics and vagueness of how the first stress test failed. Just give me fucking information about the game.

I thought it was a really good article for this week. I'm a big fan of addons and like to see what the creative players can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    I thought it was a really good article for this week. I'm a big fan of addons and like to see what the creative players can come up with.
    Agreed.

If fact, some addons may push some people to preorder the game.

Maybe they've already been made...
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    Yea I try not to even look forward to them anymore. Always ends in disappointment.
    Why people keep going into W*W expecting an E3 type announcement everyweek is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Yep, addons is what made wow even better. I haven't been a big addon user myself, but always enjoyed having them. Last year I got into modding my UI abit (Some would say I barely made anything haha) better, and its pleasing to change things as you preffer it.

Thats why I love Rift's UI. Now thats an MMO that did a UI correct...if only it wasen't so damn generic, hope Wildstar aint
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

Thats why I love Rift's UI. Now thats an MMO that did a UI correct...if only it wasen't so damn generic, hope Wildstar aint
    Just a heads up, that will be a complaint you will see waylaid against wildstar.

But most those people aren't true MMO players so it's best to just tune them out. Wildstar pulls on many existing aspects in MMOs and attempts to make them more intuitive. Many people will say things like, "This doesn't add anything new the genre" but that's missing the point. The point is that wildstar is aiming to do them a bit better.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

Custom UI is one of the major things I miss from WoW. I'm a believer that any MMO would do far better with the compatibility of downloadable UIs. It isn't so much the practical boss mods/dps meters that many complain about, but the aesthetics and layout that would be different per player; color, sizing, borders, font, bars, etc. x10

WoW has spoiled me. TOR and Rift don't have 1/10 of the customization WoW allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Just a heads up, that will be a complaint you will see waylaid against wildstar.

But most those people aren't true MMO players so it's best to just tune them out. Wildstar pulls on many existing aspects in MMOs and attempts to make them more intuitive. Many people will say things like, "This doesn't add anything new the genre" but that's missing the point. The point is that wildstar is aiming to do them a bit better.
    They'll say it's a WoW clone no matter how different it is from WoW. People have said that fucking Firefall is a wow clone... yeah. Hell, I'd bet money that somewhere down the line some mouth breather has accused LoL of being a WoW clone too.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-07-05 at 03:34 AM.