10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aT1C View Post
    Airplanes is one of the safes use of travel.

No, they're the doorways to hell!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Ok, it's PRESS ONLY so people in beta still can't start talking about it. Just throwing that out there so people don't think they can go nuts now.
    Yeah...

They must have blackmailed the Gaffer with incriminating photos!
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Yeah...

They must have blackmailed the Gaffer with incriminating photos!
    Yeah it's an odd move to let people start making money off of the game, but people who care beyond financial gain can't even talk about it.They must have borrowed their PR manual from EA. Either that or Wildstar is Communist which someone referenced earlier...
    BAD WOLF

Ok, it's PRESS ONLY so people in beta still can't start talking about it. Just throwing that out there so people don't think they can go nuts now.
    Yes and this is the big deal part. Though it does help a lot of those of us considered press

Yeah it's an odd move to let people start making money off of the game, but people who care beyond financial gain can't even talk about it.They must have borrowed their PR manual from EA. Either that or Wildstar is Communist which someone referenced earlier...
    It's actually getting to be pretty common. I mean look at how Blizzard has run their entire closed beta for Hearthstone with no NDA at all. I honestly sort of like it that they are limiting it to actual press though, but I am biased so /shurg. Anywho there's little reason for them to not do this. Even if the reviews aren't "OMG THIS GAME IS THE SECOND COMING" it still gets people talking about them and hypes everything a lot... and they don't have to pay anyone for the advertising.

It's not that odd really. Blizzard do "press tours" prior to each expansion where they allow certain websites to publish new information to their users and dump hundreds of screenshots etc. The only difference here is they've also allowed the sites to stream some content too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    It's actually getting to be pretty common. I mean look at how Blizzard has run their entire closed beta for Hearthstone with no NDA at all.
    No NDA means everyone can talk about it. That's preferable and the complete opposite of what is happening here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    It's not that odd really. Blizzard do "press tours" prior to each expansion where they allow certain websites to publish new information to their users and dump hundreds of screenshots etc. The only difference here is they've also allowed the sites to stream some content too.
    Big difference between press tours, which average people can't attend, and closed'open'betas. It just reeks of over control of a fabricated image as opposed to wanting an open dialogue on your game. If press can start dropping videos and stream for money, why shouldn't someone on these forums be able to say "I played an engineer to 15 and the game is cool". So many basic questions that could be answered beyond the class reveals very surface level stuff.
    BAD WOLF

No NDA means everyone can talk about it. That's preferable and the complete opposite of what is happening here.
    Yes, but usually you always have an NDA for closed beta. That was my point really. And it's no different than specifically inviting streamers so they can stream your game. In both cases the companies are going for free advertising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but usually you always have an NDA for closed beta. That was my point really. And it's no different than specifically inviting streamers so they can stream your game. In both cases the companies are going for free advertising.
    Maybe. My opinion is based on additional knowledge that I can't really talk about, the limited NDA lift, and kinda just how everything has been unfolding. I can't properly explain, but it definitely feels weird compared to other betas. That's really all I'm saying.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW betas didn't have NDA. If they had, I don't remember it
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    WoW betas didn't have NDA. If they had, I don't remember it
    They had a NDA until the open beta.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.twitch.tv/mrderpmonster

I think this guy got banned. He thought he was part of the "selected press"
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungrir View Post
    That's basically saying they had NDA in FnF Alpha, which isn't saying much. I've been a part of two WoW betas and didn't have to sign an NDA for either one and they were invite only, so...yeah. But anyways, I digress. I'm not challenging NDA as those are useful to allow testing without letting a completely radically broken version of your game to ruin your future. Just stating that this specific occurrence is weird. I'm also not the only one who thinks so as people are very confused about what is going on. On the whole it's more a problem with communication and how it has transpired, which is why I referenced EA.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungrir View Post
    That's not true. At least not for MoP. I don't remember how it was in WotLK and Cata, though. I was in TBC, WotLK and MoP beta. I "skipped" Cata beta. And as for TBC, I have no clue whatsoever. I did do some videos and took screenshots, though.

Honestly though... they told the people who were allowed to talk exactly what they are allowed to talk about and where they are allowed to talk about it. So like if you were a writer for a site they would have been said "this specific writer can talk about x, y, or z when making posts on w website". Or for Streamers they would have said "hey you streamer person you can talk/show on your stream channel only x, y, or z". I feel like people get into a habit of trying to assume way too much or don't really understand how systems work.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not true. At least not for MoP. I don't remember how it was in WotLK and Cata, though. I was in TBC, WotLK and MoP beta. I "skipped" Cata beta.
    MoP was different from the get go Fairly certain Vanilla did have NDA at first. But that was sooo long ago at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was in cata beta, and i at least don't remember any nda.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Honestly, I feel like the chua should have gotten gender differences whereas the Mechari should have been unisex.
    that would've made sense. but as you said, it's much easier to make a somewhat sexy mechari than a somewhat sexy chua. and we can't have non-sexy female mmo races, now, can we? :I
    It is actually TERRIBLY difficult to make a female-looking chua. I guess that's sort of the point but it's very, very easy to make a male-looking chua, so... they sort of failed at gender-neutral.
    that sucks :/

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Real men wear pink. Pink fur doesn't make things feminine :l
    pink mustache? \o/

That's basically saying they had NDA in FnF Alpha, which isn't saying much. I've been a part of two WoW betas and didn't have to sign an NDA for either one and they were invite only, so...yeah. But anyways, I digress. I'm not challenging NDA as those are useful to allow testing without letting a completely radically broken version of your game to ruin your future. Just stating that this specific occurrence is weird. I'm also not the only one who thinks so as people are very confused about what is going on. On the whole it's more a problem with communication and how it has transpired, which is why I referenced EA.
    I agree with you but i also understand why mmo developers like to have one, if people can freely exchange information about the game and some people read up on it and make their judgment based on a unfinished product it can really hurt them.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not true. At least not for MoP. I don't remember how it was in WotLK and Cata, though. I was in TBC, WotLK and MoP beta. I "skipped" Cata beta. And as for TBC, I have no clue whatsoever. I did do some videos and took screenshots, though.
    I was talking about Vanilla WoW, sorry that i wasn't clear, i am also pretty sure TBC had a NDA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    No, they're the doorways to hell!
    That's a car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    That's a car.
    I keep seeing all of these things other than "Hellmouth" which of course is the only proper doorway we should be discussing.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    So the wildstar NDA is over?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only for Press People and just lvl 1-15.