Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    Since Wildstar classes seem to only have one weapon listed on their bios, are weapons really going to be class specific? Are they really going to limit Stalkers to different colored claws with different numbers?
    From my experience. Yes. I'm pretty sure i read somewhere it was to cut on Ninjaing , each class has its own weapon so as to reduce the number of people potentially wanting that item. Don't quote me on that, not even sure if i read that in a user comment or an actual dev.

Which reminds me. Alot of the attacks a class uses will actually show another weapon. I think its to combat precisely the feel of only having that type of weapon. Like Stalkers have a couple attacks that throw shurikens, in relatively short cooldown, think ive seen Warriors use like a Blaster attached to their wrist, and grappling hooks, and Espers even though Casters, have attacks that throw that boomerang-ish weapon at enemies.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-09-26 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    From my experience. Yes. I'm pretty sure i read somewhere it was to cut on Ninjaing , each class has its own weapon so as to reduce the number of people potentially wanting that item. Don't quote me on that, not even sure if i read that in a user comment or an actual dev.

Classic "I am going to kill myself... Right now."
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Silver Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post

Classic "I am going to kill myself... Right now."
    "WTFOMG /wrists my pixel gloves got stolen"

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm a realist, I don't fall for sugar coating.

You can move with your mouse but it's awkward since all your attacks are telegraphed, but there is no point in moving in the game unless your moving out of aoe. Mobs stick to you like glue like other tab target MMO's so there is little point in moving away.

The game would move much better if it was reticule but they "tried it" and didn't like it but when a player makes a mod for it in beta they respond to it by "we don't know how we feel about it". They are just being hypocrites imo.
    This is not quite true. Melee characters benefit from strafing around mobs. It causes the the mob to constantly readjust its position, causing ability resets, which helps to reduce incoming white damage received. It also puts you at an advantage when needing to avoid telegraphs since you are already moving out of it as it appears.

As a melee class I am constantly move when attacking, and only stand still to attack a mob when its stunned or performing its frontal telegraphs. I dont tend to play ranged, but ranged should be moving to kite melee mobs around.

As for the recticle camera lock playstyle, they have said they are considering its implementation - Not everyone (players) want it, so if it was ever implemented it would be optional. If its never officially supported, then there is still the mod option.
    Last edited by Yowser; 2013-09-26 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nooty View Post

New dev speak
    Imgur pics.

http://imgur.com/a/jZP78
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Yowser View Post
    This is not quite true. Melee characters benefit from strafing around mobs. It causes the the mob to constantly readjust its position, causing ability resets, which helps to reduce incoming white damage received. It also puts you at an advantage when needing to avoid telegraphs since you are already moving out of it as it appears.

As a melee class I am constantly move when attacking, and only stand still to attack a mob when its stunned or performing its frontal telegraphs. I dont tend to play ranged, but ranged should be moving to kite melee mobs around.

As for the recticle camera lock playstyle, they have said they are considering its implementation - Not everyone (players) want it, so if it was ever implemented it would be optional. If its never officially supported, then there is still the mod option.
    Last I checked (before they removed the beta forums) it was no longer an if but rather a when. They are going to try and have it as a UI option before launch but if not there's always WACC (as you say)
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Silver Hunter -

Mobs in wildstar instant switch facing positions when they attack, moving around them does nothing. It might stall them if you are out of range slightly and you are using an attack with a longer range but the mobs behave just like a tab target MMO except they have that one telegraphed attack they do every 20ish seconds that means "don't stand in this".

FF14 mobs do this except without the aiming on your part.

As for the reticule, it's needed and it's not needed. When playing I haven't encountered a mob that required me to do any advanced aiming, just hit whatever was in front of me (kiting was pointless devs even acknowledged this and said you want to build up defensively via RNG stats) so obviously the reticule would be pretty useless there, but moving without the reticule means you are just holding down your right mouse button to change the camera which is a nu-sense.

But they "claim" they have done reticule combat before and I call BS on that because of their recent talking of it of not knowing how they felt about it when a player made a mod for it.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-09-26 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Mobs in wildstar instant switch facing positions when they attack, moving around them does nothing. It might stall them if you are out of range slightly and you are using an attack with a longer range but the mobs behave just like a tab target MMO except they have that one telegraphed attack they do every 20ish seconds that means "don't stand in this".

FF14 mobs do this except without the aiming on your part.
    Everything I posted was based on a lot of discussion on the beta forums and testing in game.

Everything I posted was based on a lot of discussion on the beta forums and testing in game.
    So have I? The combat via mobs is tab target, like traditional MMO's. Mobs didn't stall when you ran around them, kiting was irrelevant unless you had a snare (spellslinger) or they were doing their channeled attack.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Ahaha, these are quite fun to read.

Yeah except it's not accurate. There are at least 3 people here with similar experience that can detail exactly how so. It operates no differently than WoW or Rift in regards to mob damage.
    BAD WOLF

Honestly this game looks awesome, as long as they don't take any shortcuts and stick to what they're doing this may be enough to finally cure the WoW disease upon me after 8 years.

I love the settling part though, although I'm worried as if what if there is already alot of settlers, will I just become useless?

I believe settlers are beneficial when it's the more the merrier, because they can help each other build buildings faster.

iirc, that came from the paths devspeak video. If not, it's somewhere on their site.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Honestly this game looks awesome, as long as they don't take any shortcuts and stick to what they're doing this may be enough to finally cure the WoW disease upon me after 8 years.

I love the settling part though, although I'm worried as if what if there is already alot of settlers, will I just become useless?
    Careful with the word 'awesome', well some of the people think it's generic,clunky combat, action MMO that doesn't warrant a sub model.
    Last edited by athlonmax; 2013-09-27 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I believe settlers are beneficial when it's the more the merrier, because they can help each other build buildings faster.

iirc, that came from the paths devspeak video. If not, it's somewhere on their site.
    But what if they want to build their own stuff? I watched all the devspeak videos, but idk just seems like a weird concept. When I saw them showing the floating islands in the sky I thought thats what was going to differentiate them, but I guess not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    Careful with the word 'awesome', well some of the people think it's generic,clunky combat, action MMO that doesn't warrant a sub model.
    Well I am entitled to my own opinion aren't I? I'd totally pay for this game. People are so used to f2p games nowadays they think any game should be free, even if its not an mmo. I honestly prefer the sub model over anything else. It means steady content comes, it means we don't need to pay for certain other transactions for advantages over others, even if its not pay to win, let alone costumes. I'm ok with some of the f2p things, but the sub model just feels so much cleaner & less problematic to me. As I said, thats my opinion.

While I would agree that much of it is generic and has been done in other MMOs, I would argue that they are doing a good job with a fair amount of the aspects of their game. Wildstar isn't trying to reinvent the wheel, just develop better treads.

I would call the combat neither clunky nor action due to the fact that it is smooth and not real action combat for all the reasons Zito has outlined.

As to the sub model? Yeah. That's unfortunate.

(I am assuming you are talking about me and my ilk :P)
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-09-27 at 01:58 AM.

But what if they want to build their own stuff? I watched all the devspeak videos, but idk just seems like a weird concept. When I saw them showing the floating islands in the sky I thought thats what was going to differentiate them, but I guess not.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I am entitled to my own opinion aren't I? I'd totally pay for this game. People are so used to f2p games nowadays they think any game should be free, even if its not an mmo. I honestly prefer the sub model over anything else. It means steady content comes, it means we don't need to pay for certain other transactions for advantages over others, even if its not pay to win, let alone costumes. I'm ok with some of the f2p things, but the sub model just feels so much cleaner & less problematic to me. As I said, thats my opinion.
    1)Settler can build their own stuffs by themselves only if other settlers assisting them on current building/buff station that they're working on, it build faster and have longer durability(yes they buff stations will have a duration on them). The floating island i believed is your housing area.

2)No worries, i'm too doesn't mind for sub model if the game is good.But let's not start another biz model bashing, again.
    Last edited by athlonmax; 2013-09-27 at 01:57 AM.

I didn't even mention anything about the sub model in my first post, your the one who brought up that conversation. Just, putting that out their.

I didn't even mention anything about the sub model in my first post, your the one who brought up that conversation. Just, putting that out their.
    That's the general consensus in here, but anyway this week has been pretty good with a 'useful' Wildstar Wednesday update and Devspeak video to boot!
    That will keep people going up until the announcement of the new classes, which hopefully will be in the next couple weeks maybe?

That's the general consensus in here, but anyway this week has been pretty good with a 'useful' Wildstar Wednesday update and Devspeak video to boot!
    That will keep people going up until the announcement of the new classes, which hopefully will be in the next couple weeks maybe?
    The dev speak didn't really add anything that we didn't already know. Carbine likes to tell us things they already released multiple times. The space ship instance things are cool but it's only for leveling right? Just like downscaling is only for groups. :l

Not sure why they are purposely doing that. They have features that would make great elder game but they restrict it for no apparent reason.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-09-27 at 02:13 AM.