1. #13741
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    One thing I am concerned with on this game is the fact that so many people that I've seen or heard of all seem to play dominion. Even the devs tend to favor dominion more in their streams. I really hope this game doesn't follow the path of previous MMOs where a big chunk of the player base all chooses the same side. Example: SWTOR where it seemed like everyone and their dog chose Empire. I just want a decently faction balanced game for once. And I hope the devs don't intentionally or unintentionally have bias towards one side (cough, Blizzard with Horde, cough).
    Actually exile seems more popular because playing dominon they make your character seemed like a brain washed slave. Even playing a chua removes his personality from you and you seem like nothing more then a lackey.

    It is awful.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  2. #13742
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Actually exile seems more popular because playing dominon they make your character seemed like a brain washed slave. Even playing a chua removes his personality from you and you seem like nothing more then a lackey.

    It is awful.
    Interesting. Even so, I hope one faction isn't a lot bigger than the other. Whether it be exiles or dominion. Cuz if it ends up like SWTOR did at launch, I will be a sad panda .

  3. #13743
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    One thing I am concerned with on this game is the fact that so many people that I've seen or heard of all seem to play dominion. Even the devs tend to favor dominion more in their streams. I really hope this game doesn't follow the path of previous MMOs where a big chunk of the player base all chooses the same side. Example: SWTOR where it seemed like everyone and their dog chose Empire. I just want a decently faction balanced game for once. And I hope the devs don't intentionally or unintentionally have bias towards one side (cough, Blizzard with Horde, cough).
    I am sure they will be both Exile dominated and Dominion dominated servers, but overall especially on PvP servers you can be it will be Dominion dominated. Just look at every MMO released and how the "red" side does. SWTOR, Empire had the edge. Rift, Defiant had the edge. Aion, Asmodian had the edge. Warhammer Online, Destruction had the edge.

    I do think things will be different here because they gave humans to both sides. And they gave the Exiles some cool races like the Granok and the Mordesh. But most of the hardcore guilds that I know in WildStar thus far have stated they are going Dominion.

  4. #13744
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    I am sure they will be both Exile dominated and Dominion dominated servers, but overall especially on PvP servers you can be it will be Dominion dominated. Just look at every MMO released and how the "red" side does. SWTOR, Empire had the edge. Rift, Defiant had the edge. Aion, Asmodian had the edge. Warhammer Online, Destruction had the edge.

    I do think things will be different here because they gave humans to both sides. And they gave the Exiles some cool races like the Granok and the Mordesh. But most of the hardcore guilds that I know in WildStar thus far have stated they are going Dominion.
    I always play the Blue faction in MMOs but this once I will play the Red because the other faction's races are completely uninteresting (bunny people - maybe if I was a girl, rock guy - yeah, not a fan of the male fetish "the bigger-the cooler", undead guys - maybe, the only race that looks interesting, too bad it's just one and not worth giving up robots and drakken).

  5. #13745
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Rift, Defiant had the edge.
    'Cept Defiants are the good guys.
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

  6. #13746
    apparently anyone with a beta key who logs in on saturdays gets an extra beta key. i dunno how true this is but i'm gonna try it today ^^

  7. #13747
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    I always play the Blue faction in MMOs but this once I will play the Red because the other faction's races are completely uninteresting (bunny people - maybe if I was a girl, rock guy - yeah, not a fan of the male fetish "the bigger-the cooler", undead guys - maybe, the only race that looks interesting, too bad it's just one and not worth giving up robots and drakken).
    have you not seen the male aurin they are amazing O-O


  8. #13748
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    have you not seen the male aurin they are amazing O-O
    the hair color is amazing :3 love it

  9. #13749
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    14
    Flower boys yay!

  10. #13750
    Exile will be more popular.

    It has Aurin's and the Mordesh, which will both be huge hits.

    Also it has Granok's. Granok power!



    I don't think anyone will want to be associated with a faction that accepts a talking furball.

  11. #13751
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    I always play the Blue faction in MMOs but this once I will play the Red because the other faction's races are completely uninteresting (bunny people - maybe if I was a girl, rock guy - yeah, not a fan of the male fetish "the bigger-the cooler", undead guys - maybe, the only race that looks interesting, too bad it's just one and not worth giving up robots and drakken).
    Huh. I feel the opposite. The only Dominion race I think is cool are the Draken and even then the options for female customization are not as extensive as I'd like. I'm apathetic toward the Mechari. I really wish the Chua weren't basically all male and they're not cute enough (like the Popori in Tera) for me to play. I do think the Cassians have the better of the human faces.

    Meanwhile, I adore the Aurin and the Mordesh are totally badass. Humans are humans. :P I'm still on the fence about the Granok. Again, the females lack the customization I wish they had, most noticeably in the inability to change the color of their leafy hairstyles (whereas you can change the color of the leafy mustache for the males).

  12. #13752
    I wanted to be a Mechari Stalker at first, because ROBOT NINJAS, but then I saw how massive they were. I hate playing the "big" races--it just feels like you run so slow. One thing that could change my mind on that is if they added a "robo-stride" mode for them, like a mount but mountless (Like worgen in WoW, or early Tauren).

    Conversely, I tend not to like the "small" classes aesthetically, but those male Aurin really have my eye now. Their looks/animations have such excellent "attitude". I might really enjoy playing a hyperactive hippie melee Esper who constantly drinks boatloads of coffee to keep his psi powers in peak condition.

    I wonder if the Aurin have drug equivalents to our own...I'm sure they must've had some crazy plant-life on their home planet.

  13. #13753
    1 million views. WoW killer? anyone? no? okay

    Please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-12-28 at 05:52 PM.

  14. #13754
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    1 million views. WoW killer? anyone? no? okay

    Please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    don't know about the rest of the posters here feel about stupid people like you, but not one single active poster here has said "wow killer"....

    ...and even though you're banned, i know you'll eventually look in this thread so i'd like to let you know that you seriously need to get a life.

    seriously.

  15. #13755
    The Patient Stormkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    229
    Well the game looks sharp, neat and has a fresh feel to it (after watching streams etc).

    The part i love the most is the way Carbine is advertising it; aka the attitude behind the game. Tis so unique is hurtz!

  16. #13756
    One thing I dislike is that females in this game ALL look like freakin' Barbie Dolls, I mean ALL, even the Granok ladies. I expected some big bulky types (or at least have some meat, or rock, or whatever) on the Granok, or Drakken at least.

    Big eyes, huuuge balloon tits, microscopic waists. They look almost "insect-like" with their hourglass figures. And every race female body type is like that.

    I'm not against the cartoony style, but at least WoW has a good variation its female body types. It seems the females in this game are solely designed to be played by young horny teenage boys.
    Last edited by corebit; 2013-12-29 at 04:17 AM.

  17. #13757
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    I'm not against the cartoony style, but at least WoW has a good variation its female body types. It seems the females in this game are solely designed to be played by young horny teenage boys.
    And in WoW it shows if you look at how many people play the other races.

    Looks at how all the pretty races are on top. Wait. Undead? Well that's an ugly race so... Wait, if we go down further only 26.5% of all undead are female. Tauren? Even worse, as only 16% are female. Troll and dwarf females may as well not exist considering how few people play the obviously superior races them and how few of those are female. And draenei is the only race where females outnumber males. Guess why.

    Mind you these are three year old numbers, but I seriously doubt too much has changed since then.

    So if you're the developers of Wildstar (or any other MMO) and you don't want such huge disparities between the populations of each race then you design them to appeal to "young horny teenage boys".
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign - Mass Effect
    -I have an anime list now too-

  18. #13758
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    And in WoW it shows if you look at how many people play the other races.

    Looks at how all the pretty races are on top. Wait. Undead? Well that's an ugly race so... Wait, if we go down further only 26.5% of all undead are female. Tauren? Even worse, as only 16% are female. Troll and dwarf females may as well not exist considering how few people play the obviously superior races them and how few of those are female. And draenei is the only race where females outnumber males. Guess why.

    Mind you these are three year old numbers, but I seriously doubt too much has changed since then.

    So if you're the developers of Wildstar (or any other MMO) and you don't want such huge disparities between the populations of each race then you design them to appeal to "young horny teenage boys".
    Humans and Blood Elves are on top because they are the most human-like. A ton of people play male Humans despite the fact that they are quite ugly . Pretty has very little to do with it. If it were that, then female Draenei would have come on top.

    MMOs are all about options. If certain classes or races were to prove more popular than others, does this mean we can delete those classes/races simply because they are not as popular?

    Also, based on your logic, Wildstar races should be nothing but Humans and Cassians. They are the most popular right?

    But my main gripe is the female body type of ALL races all look the same, all look like Barbie Dolls. Not X race is more popular than Y race.

  19. #13759
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Humans and Blood Elves are on top because they are the most human-like.
    Why yes. How observant of you. And the other races, which have different body types, have significantly lower representation.

    But I like how you completely disregard my post because draenei aren't on top... For some reason ignoring that they are in fourth right behind the humans and elves...
    Also, based on your logic, Wildstar races should be nothing but Humans and Cassians. They are the most popular right?
    HA! Reading comprehension! Who needs it, right?
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign - Mass Effect
    -I have an anime list now too-

  20. #13760
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Why yes. How observant of you. And the other races, which have different body types, have significantly lower representation.

    But I like how you completely disregard my post because draenei aren't on top... For some reason ignoring that they are in fourth right behind the humans and elves...
    Or maybe people just really hate all the rest of the Alliance races after Human and Night Elf.

    I mean really, look at the other options. Dwarf and Gnome? Is it any shock that Draenei come out third on the alliance list with those two as the remaining options?

    Hell, Tauren is right up there with Draenei, and is as common as Dwarf and Gnome combined. I doubt that's because teenage boys have a bovine fetish.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •