Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Hatred for female "gamers" unjustified?

    Sometimes I wonder if it's ever justified, but I just fucking hate women in online games. People stereotype they're all collectively psychotic bitches always nagging, being abnormal, and also horribly inept at the games they taint with their presence. Usually the worst offender is when they're paired with those white knight boyfriends or men they have on an absolute leash. This is not a passing thing or exaggeration but so common I really do think they're ALL LIKE THIS. Point case, the hot topic in the front of MMO C detailing a guild breakup based entirely on a woman's antics. Other than that, you know they always bitch over sexism and blah blah blah in media outlets. That shit is maddening.

    But at the end of the day, I wonder if I'm looking at this too negatively.

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; Today at 04:09 PM.

  2. #2
    *gets the popcorn* Oh boy, this is gonna be goooooood.

  3. #3
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    On the road to my inevitable death.
    Posts
    6,351
    Nah. I don't give a shit about them.

    Some people are good at games. Some people aren't. Either way it's none of my business.

    Psycho? If they bother you, report them. Don't guild with them.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

  4. #4
    I don't mind female online gamers, heck, 7 of our mythic raiders are. I do mind the ones that demand special attention for being female. the whole: "OMG, I'm a girl, treat me with respect, you are just jealous, you don't know what its like to be a girl, omg you pig you should give me that loot".

    Granted I hate any attention seekers because of their "disabilities" as they call it themselves.

    We one time had a guy raiding with us who only had 1 arm, everytime he made a mistake he kept shouting angry: "WELL YOU GO RAID WITH ONE ARM". I understand that thats hard, but when you didn't press ready on the ready check because of your missing arm, I dunno man. :P

    As for OP, just kick the psychos, its what we do. When a psycho girl and his white knight boyfriend demand all kinds of changes in the guild to suit her needs at the cost of the needs of others we just wish them a happy day and kick both of them. :P

  5. #5
    High Overlord Riversong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    110
    Personally, I've been in mmo's for over 10 years and 90% of the time my guildies never knew I was a woman because I don't go in flaunting it I don't want or need special attention from anyone I have been with my partner for them 10 years as it was him who got me into mmo's but we've never made a big fuss of being a couple in a guild if he wants to go raid I let him I dont have to go raid if I don't want to which a lot of the time I don't but because my performance in raid's is moderatly decent I always get offered a spot on the main raiding team.

    I'm sorry but I think you are blowing things way out of preportion because a few special women felt they deserved special treatment online, infact there are a lot more woman online than you probably realise because we don't want/see k the attention as it's unwanted attention in our eye's.

  6. #6
    As much as I see absolute shit tons of people on the internet complaining about women who 'bitch' over sexism or feminism or whatever, I've never actually seen a woman (or man, for that matter) who's like that.

    Bad behaviour in video games isn't linked to someone's sex. I see far more toxic male players than female players, but that's because in general there simply are more male players in online games.

    I think you might just have a certain prejudice against female gamers to begin with, so everytime you do come across a toxic/bad female gamer she of course seems way worse than any of the male ones.

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    4,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if it's ever justified, but I just fucking hate women in online games. People stereotype they're all collectively psychotic bitches always nagging, being abnormal, and also horribly inept at the games they taint with their presence. Usually the worst offender is when they're paired with those white knight boyfriends or men they have on an absolute leash. This is not a passing thing or exaggeration but so common I really do think they're ALL LIKE THIS. Point case, the hot topic in the front of MMO C detailing a guild breakup based entirely on a woman's antics. Other than that, you know they always bitch over sexism and blah blah blah in media outlets. That shit is maddening.

    But at the end of the day, I wonder if I'm looking at this too negatively.
    Such a small post, and yet it contains an impressive about of stupidity.

    Protip: stop being an insecure man-child and deal with the fact that gaming doesn't require a penis. If you can't handle that, stick to single-player games.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    Bad behaviour in video games isn't linked to someone's sex. I see far more toxic male players than female players, but that's because in general there simply are more male players in online games.
    Anyone who isn't an idiot would already know this. "Isn't an idiot" being the key words.
    I'm not a defender of Blizzard, I'm an opponent of stupid.

  8. #8
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In SSC banished by Murkbloods again.
    Posts
    691
    I love "girls" that are "gamers" and enjoy playing with them. In WoW when I used to play seriously about half my friends list was girls that were gamers. That being said, I fucking want to kill every "gamer girl". The major difference is this...

    A girl who is a gamer:
    Will seldom ever let you know they're a girl, unless it actually matters.
    Is actually good at the game.
    Doesn't need or want white knights.
    Doesn't want attention.
    Is there to play the game.

    A gamer girl:
    At the drop of the hat remind you in ever possible way that she's a girl.
    Generally has no idea what the fuck she's doing, and doesn't want to get better.
    Needs and wants white knights so she can act like a cunt and be counter productive.
    Wants every last bit of everyone's attention at all times, will "flirt" with guys non stop to get it if needed.
    Isn't there to play the game. Honestly I have no idea what a gamer girl is there for other than to piss the actual gamers off and some how have fun at the same time.
    If actions speak louder than words, how can the pen be mightier than the sword?

    Just remember it's okay to insult other religions as long as you're a forum moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The reasoning in general is a 'superiority complex'. It's like born again christians, but for PCs.

  9. #9
    A few of my closest friends are Women that play games with me. Playing with them is not really any different from playing with guys I play with, except that they tend to dislike PvP and competitiveness.

    Though I find many Women (not all) that play MMO's are the same type that love drama in real life. There is like an 80% chance that if you meet a Woman on an MMO there is going to be Drama somewhere along the line.

    Don't get me wrong, I've known some pretty good Female players in MMO's but they often bring unneeded Drama with them. When they don't bring Drama they are no different from Guys really.
    Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

  10. #10
    About 99% of my gaming is done online in games with other players. Most of the harassment I see is in non-vocal chat so you can't really tell who is what. A vast majority of the people I come across, male or female, are pretty respectful of each other. The idiot trolls either get banned, blocked, or muted within seconds. I fail to see where any of this "overwhelming harassment" from one gender towards another gender exists. If it exists, it's because you let it exist.

  11. #11
    Gamer who happens to be a girl but puts aside the fact that she's a girl in order to focus on game objective? Good as any gamer worth their salt.
    Gamer who happens to be a girl but keep pulling up the fact that she's a girl instead of focusing on game objective? That's an attention whore.

    What people hate is not gamer girls but attention whores.
    When gaming, the focus is on the game, not on crotch meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    I'd prefer being shot by a terrorist than living in a country where they serve bread baked with a little cheese and a bottle of ketchup to complete your "pizza margeritha".

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans Aori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    2,904
    I don't hate them, I particularly enjoy them honestly. However a guild or clan with a heavy female presence can be a really nasty thing. Females are cannibals, they will devour their own kind and your guild or clan will suffer collateral damage. Very few exceptions to this.

    Honestly from experience it is about 50/50, girls who just wanna game and those who are attention seeking whores. Guys aren't really blameless either, the whole acceptance of their obvious conartistry.

  13. #13
    I am a girl and it's ok if you hate me and my gender. I pretty much just like playing single player jrpgs anyway.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    I don't mind female online gamers, heck, 7 of our mythic raiders are. I do mind the ones that demand special attention for being female. the whole: "OMG, I'm a girl, treat me with respect, you are just jealous, you don't know what its like to be a girl, omg you pig you should give me that loot".

    Granted I hate any attention seekers because of their "disabilities" as they call it themselves.

    We one time had a guy raiding with us who only had 1 arm, everytime he made a mistake he kept shouting angry: "WELL YOU GO RAID WITH ONE ARM". I understand that thats hard, but when you didn't press ready on the ready check because of your missing arm, I dunno man. :P

    As for OP, just kick the psychos, its what we do. When a psycho girl and his white knight boyfriend demand all kinds of changes in the guild to suit her needs at the cost of the needs of others we just wish them a happy day and kick both of them. :P
    I forgot the bitches that demand special attention for their gender, and become supremely vengeful if you disrespect their "authority." Ran into a feeding bitch in League of Legends recently in a high Diamond match and that person was like "rude to a girl." shit you not in a passive aggressive manner when I mildly criticized her. Must've been in the process of being boosted by some sad cuck.

    FUCK THIS.
    Last edited by Tsugunai; Today at 06:49 AM.

  15. #15
    Scarab Lord Helden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,614
    I dislike people who give special attention to girls, particularly in a setting such as a raiding guild, and I dislike girls who act the part, to get the attention. Unfortunately, the easiest way to avoid both of those types of people is to avoid women in gaming entirely, its not hatred, its just .... easier.
    "I do not stand with Horus. I stand against the Emperor. Do you understand, Kauragar? I am free now. Free. Can you understand that? Why have you all spent these last decades telling me I should feel honoured to live as a slave, when I was so close to dying free?"
    - The Primarch Angron.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    3,839
    I dislike playing with women for one reason and one reason alone. 99.99% of the time they have a cadre of socially inept weird dudes who worship them there as well. Really cringe worthy and I'd rather just not see it.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; Today at 02:44 PM.
    “What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.”
    ― Seneca

  17. #17
    I hate attention seekers, and I hate drama creators. Unfortunately most often than not these are done by females. In groups, they typically aren't an issue. Even just 2-3. But it's when there's one in a gaggle of guys who drool every time she speaks in Vent. Or that one that stirs up trouble in the guild just for shits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

  18. #18
    SO with what I see in this thread, I am least at peace knowing I'm not exactly crazy for my train of thought lately.

  19. #19
    Pit Lord Turbotef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Personally, I've been in mmo's for over 10 years and 90% of the time my guildies never knew I was a woman because I don't go in flaunting it I don't want or need special attention from anyone I have been with my partner for them 10 years as it was him who got me into mmo's but we've never made a big fuss of being a couple in a guild if he wants to go raid I let him I dont have to go raid if I don't want to which a lot of the time I don't but because my performance in raid's is moderatly decent I always get offered a spot on the main raiding team.

    I'm sorry but I think you are blowing things way out of preportion because a few special women felt they deserved special treatment online, infact there are a lot more woman online than you probably realise because we don't want/see k the attention as it's unwanted attention in our eye's.
    This post pretty much nails it and yeah, as you stated, many women I know don't go around letting everyone know that they are female/ in these games. Also, yeah, many more women play MMOs/online games than he might realize as 2/4 of my Bnet list are female and my friends list in FFXIV is about 3/4 female.

    Hell, I've had more issues with my fellow male gamers over the years moreso than the few troublemaking female ones I've encountered.
    N3DS FC - 4854-6436-7121 Wii U FC - Gybano Steam - Mecha Meow
    "Here comes a fart! Here comes a fart!"

  20. #20
    As one myself, I think hatred is unjustified but caution is absolutely justified.

    I know how a lot of women are when it comes to online communities. I don't blame guilds for being cautious about women, and if anything it bugs me that I have to often lie about my gender simply so I can get into guilds, but I don't particularly care because these aren't people I want to or intend to meet in real life anyway.
    I've often witnessed myself the amount of damage that the "officer's GF" guild member can do to a guild and I myself often get a bit on edge about a woman being openly flirty with guys in a guild I'm in.
    I'm not saying you're one of them, or any of us are, but I think a stereotype is often earned and the "girl gamer" one absolutely is, and it has nothing to do with guys being douchebags or chauvinists. It's not so much being a player on a game that's a girl - there are way more of those than you realize - but the ones that immediately need everyone to know they're a girl, and openly act cutesy and/or flirty in guild chat are an imminent source of drama that needs to be avoided. If you know someone's a girl before you even join the guild and you didn't even ask, you have a right to be worried.
    Last edited by Aakarshan; Today at 06:56 AM.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •