Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    This may have changed since I played, but I didn't find a good 'flow' to the questing. As others have said, you get so many and they're all over the place. If it weren't for my compulsion to uncover the map I would have easily missed questing hubs while leveling. I remember being outright confused in Celestion(?) because the quests out of the hub I was at were too high level for me. It turned out there was a hub way to the south (with the Lopps) that I was 'supposed' to be at. I'm not even sure I ever got a 'go to' quest for that place, but who knows, the quest tracking (old UI) was terrible.
    Well, I prefer exploring to find new quest hubs over being led by the game and never straying from a set path, as you are in pretty much every other MMORPG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone else find some of the challenges almost impossible to get above bronze, especially the kill quests? Like to get silver you had to kill 18 mobs or whatever, and there were like..seven mobs TOTAL that 20+ people were trying to hit.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Did anyone else find some of the challenges almost impossible to get above bronze, especially the kill quests? Like to get silver you had to kill 18 mobs or whatever, and there were like..seven mobs TOTAL that 20+ people were trying to hit.
    It gets easy in the later zones, but in the starter zones it is one huge clusterfuck. Grouping up helps with the kill quests, but if you have to collect things before the time limit runs out you can forget it. This is a problem every MMO has at launch though, the only thing Wildstar does differently is the time limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    You can repeat them if you don't get gold and with that said i guess you're supposed to kill more "strong" mobs to get to gold since they raise your completion % by much more than normal or weak ones, btw don't try "very strong" flagged mobs unless you're very skilled/geared and know what you're doing

On a side note getting gold doesn't change loot you get, it only increases the chances to get the item you want at spin, (2x chances at bronze, 4x at silver, 10x gold) nevertheless i always get crap salvaging bag even with gold...
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2014-04-28 at 01:44 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    It gets easy in the later zones, but in the starter zones it is one huge clusterfuck. Grouping up helps with the kill quests, but if you have to collect things before the time limit runs out you can forget it. This is a problem every MMO has at launch though, the only thing Wildstar does differently is the time limit.
    Oh, the joys of the first day of TBC. Were mobs respawned within 5-10 seconds and there were still not enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Oh, the joys of the first day of TBC. Were mobs respawned within 5-10 seconds and there were still not enough.
    The first few days of MoP are still fresh in my mind, waiting for that damn helicopter to spawn so you can get to the starting area but you had half the realm trying to click the one spawning chopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    That's not even my biggest gripe, it's that many of the objectives are extremely unclear. :/
    Glad to see someone else say this too. I got several challenge quests yesterday with items I was supposed to use on something on the ground. What that something was I have no idea, I never did figure it out... and it wasn't because the area was loaded with people and I needed to wait for respawn. I'm loving the game for the most part thus far, but they really need to make things clear.

Also not a huge fan of that horrible font they use. I read they are changing it, but I really hope this is before launch. I want to actually read quest text for a change, but that font literally gives me a headache :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    This may have changed since I played, but I didn't find a good 'flow' to the questing. As others have said, you get so many and they're all over the place. If it weren't for my compulsion to uncover the map I would have easily missed questing hubs while leveling. I remember being outright confused in Celestion(?) because the quests out of the hub I was at were too high level for me. It turned out there was a hub way to the south (with the Lopps) that I was 'supposed' to be at. I'm not even sure I ever got a 'go to' quest for that place, but who knows, the quest tracking (old UI) was terrible.
    I've played both factions, several classes, and did not have problems with quests being all over the map. I followed the natural progression of questing without much problems. And I never got to a point where the zone or the quests were too high level for me. There are, however, a lot of quests in the first couple zones, to the point where it can get overwhelming. I've heard that at higher levels(20+) quests slim down some. I think there are so many quests in the lowbie zones because they really want you to really learn your class before you move on to higher zones/levels.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

leveling is the easiest i had in any mmo, doing adventures give me 30-50% exp every run which take 10min
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    On a side note getting gold doesn't change loot you get, it only increases the chances to get the item you want at spin, (2x chances at bronze, 4x at silver, 10x gold) nevertheless i always get crap salvaging bag even with gold...
    Wish I knew this yesterday. Wasted soooo much time trying to get gold on a 'kill' challenge that was already swamped with other players.

10+ Year Old Account
    At higher levels, they do (surprised it hasn't occurred by 25 though). Basically what happens is bronze gives you access to one tier of items, silver gives you an additional tier (on top of bronze) and usually has random affix green gear and gold gives you a random affix blue piece or a rare item. Unless they patched all of that away and offer everything now to everybody, but offer a different multiplier. Every challenge I've received in the last 2 weekends I have closed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have preferred settler if it was personal that didn't have a time limit rather than a group thing that only lasted a couple of minutes, would have made it feel more worth while to complete, as well as being able to 'tame' the planet as you progress...

Is there an mmochamp guild? If not I'll probably make one for US.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's brought up a lot. Different timezones and playstyle make it unlikely for there to be a guild. It would be better to make a circle.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    It's brought up a lot. Different timezones and playstyle make it unlikely for there to be a guild. It would be better to make a circle.
    And by that he meant literally making a circle. Take a paper and a writing utensil and create unity taken form in front of your eyes. Meditate on the wonder of life's cyclical nature and find true harmony. Once you have reached enlightenment, suddenly this website will cease to exist and you can move on to a higher plane.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    And by that he meant literally making a circle. Take a paper and a writing utensil and create unity taken form in front of your eyes. Meditate on the wonder of life's cyclical nature and find true harmony. Once you have reached enlightenment, suddenly this website will cease to exist and you can move on to a higher plane.
    You seem to the only one who truly understands me!

I have a question about landmarks displayed on primary stat bars, what do they mean exactly? Do they mean that if i reach say 250 finesse i have a bonus to my crit added to the one given by the stat (like a set bonus) or are merely numeric indicators to say that 250 moxie = 1.5% crit?
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question about landmarks displayed on primary stat bars, what do they mean exactly? Do they mean that if i reach say 250 finesse i have a bonus to my crit added to the one given by the stat (like a set bonus) or are merely numeric indicators to say that 250 moxie = 1.5% crit?
    You get a stat bonus for reaching those landmarks. That's my understanding, anyway

So this is done to discourage players from stacking only one primary stat?
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Time is a flat circle.

Well I'm rolling a tank, gf a healer, four of my friends are making guys as well. So I'll be making a guild anyways with the intention of raiding at endgame. But it will also be a social guild. So when it's closer to release I'll let you guys know in case any of you out there don't have any friends willing to commit to this game you'll be more than welcome. At the very least you'll have competent people to run dungeons with. As of right now we're still debating what faction we're going though.