10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    no point in bringing up hard bosses from the past i was talking about siege of orgrimmar mainly,
    You are wrong. Top guilds of today say fights are just as hard as ever, if not harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You are wrong. Top guilds of today say fights are just as hard as ever, if not harder.
    Old boss fights were so simple and easy that they were tuned ludicrously tightly in order to be 'hard', therefore you had to be perfect to succeed.
    New fights are actually 'hard' to execute, but you don't (usually) have to be perfect because its more than hard enough just to do everything right.

Top guilds today are leagues better than they were then (imo - part of which is because they have to be), so its a bit of an apples and oranges situation.

The last 3 sure, though the last boss is fairly simple conceptually, involves long periods of standing still, and is just a DPS/gear check. I think you'd have a hard time finding people from top guilds saying that the other 10 or 11 (Malkorok being the swingman) were truly hard with a straight face from a skilled raider's perspective. Also, people like to always claim that the era that they raided in was the hardest, because it puffs up their accomplishment. For MOP, I'd say that while some fights might be loaded with mechanics, Blizzard has been intentionally tuning fights to get significantly easier via massive item level bloat and poor boss scaling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    I'm assuming you must run veteran dungeons in order to get ready for 20mans (and attunement) right? I wouldn't mind if there were more dungeons but since loot is hard(er) to come by in this game, running the same four dungeons would seem a very daunting task.
    Yeah, but 4 of the adventures also have veteran modes. Since the dungeons are significantly more involved than most other MMOs and you have those vet adventures, the max level 5-man content is pretty standard, except it isn't completely faceroll.
    Last edited by Pennoyer; 2014-05-17 at 06:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    The last 3 sure, though the last boss is fairly simple conceptually, involves long periods of standing still, and is just a DPS/gear check. I think you'd have a hard time finding people from top guilds saying that the other 10 or 11 (Malkorok being the swingman) were truly hard with a straight face from a skilled raider's perspective. Also, people like to always claim that the era that they raided in was the hardest, because it puffs up their accomplishment. For MOP, I'd say that while some fights might be loaded with mechanics, Blizzard has been intentionally tuning fights to get significantly easier via massive item level bloat and poor boss scaling.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but 4 of the adventures also have veteran modes. Since the dungeons are significantly more involved than most other MMOs and you have those vet adventures, the max level 5-man content is pretty standard, except it isn't completely faceroll.
    Nazgrim is harder than any fight in vanilla mechanically, and is up there with most tbc fights. People have just gotten better.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: Why cant i place things inside my house? Im in edit mode. All my newbie stuff is crated, and when i go into my crate it doesn't give me the option to place. Only delete.

Nazgrim is harder than any fight in vanilla mechanically, and is up there with most tbc fights. People have just gotten better.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: Why cant i place things inside my house? Im in edit mode. All my newbie stuff is crated, and when i go into my crate it doesn't give me the option to place. Only delete.
    Yeah.. that's just wrong, or at least it gives the wrong impression. You can have a lot of mechanics, but if you're rarely punished for them (i.e., low tuning) then they're just fluff to make the fight seem more complicated than it actually is. He's certainly harder than many bosses in, say, Molten Core or t7 Naxx, I guess.

I think the difference is raiding is more accessible to the general population than ever (since Blizzard figured out that they can simply deliver 1 piece of content to many players via multiple difficulty modes), so they see these types of fights they wouldn't have seen before and think it's insane.
    Last edited by Pennoyer; 2014-05-17 at 06:59 AM.

Deleted
    More Mechanics dont make a harder fight if they dont do anything as pointed out above. Same way a fight doesnt need a lot of mechanics to actually be a hard fight if tuned correctly.

Deleted
    Has anyone, after playing open-beta, changed their minds on what faction, race, or even class they want to play?

I've certainly swung from Dominion to Exile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright so I downloaded the galaxylibrary addon which is basically atlasloot from wow but it's not as organized but still shows all the armor and I must say..very impressed aesthetically. This game is loaded with awesome gear sets. It's got me super hyped now. I kinda want to roll an esper just so I can make a character look like Sivir from league of legends.

Deleted
    There is also a full on dye system so if you like the armour but dont like the colour you can change it to something you do like.

Don't you think rune fragments are just too HARD to find? I always find myself out of rune fragments (but with dozen of signs)when i need to craft runes even if i salvage tons of crafted/dropped stuff...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Don't you think rune fragments are just too HARD to find? I always find myself out of rune fragments (but with dozen of signs)when i need to craft runes even if i salvage tons of crafted/dropped stuff...
    I'm pretty sure they are supposed to be hard to get. And it's not like you have to use them before 50, just like you don't need gems in WoW before the cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Managed to get somewhat stable fps, so now i can actually enjoy the game. It is actually super fun, and at least feels for me more as MMO than ESO did. If you don't mind i got a few questions i would like to ask.

1. Factions, does both factions have totally different story lines, or do they at some point merge together.

2. Races, is there any difference from one race to another? Obviously visuals and mounts but other than that no racials, so pick which ever you think looks nicer?

3. Are paths (explorer etc) important in PVE, or those bonuses are not that impactful?

4. How many raids are there? And if i understand raids are 20/40, are lockout shared, and is there normal/heroic style raids (WoW)?

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    You say they aren't about the money and that they don't want the money right away. What does that even mean? What does that have to do with making a great game? They're charging a monthly fee right off the bat. They do want their money right away.
    There was outrage when another recently launched game was looking to charge subs AND pay for game. Where's the pitchforks in here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    There was outrage when another recently launched game was looking to charge subs AND pay for game. Where's the pitchforks in here?
    Which game was that for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    Has anyone, after playing open-beta, changed their minds on what faction, race, or even class they want to play?

I've certainly swung from Dominion to Exile.
    I thought I would play Aurin or Mordesh at first, but neither of characters looked good to me. Especially Aurin male faces. Ugh.
    Didn't have to think about what faction to chose, though. Despite all the grotesqueness Dominion seemed to much like the county I live in. So I'd rather fight those damn fools!

Through the beta I actually went from medic to esper to spellslinger in the end. But I still consider playing an engineer, seeing that there will be less tanks than healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of performance increases over the last patches, always a good sign
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else getting awful FPS drops when you click "Enter Game" in character list? Lasts whole loading screen and stops instantly when character, UI and world is loaded on my screen after the loading screen.

I know it's minor thing, but would still like to know that is it known issue?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Old boss fights were so simple and easy that they were tuned ludicrously tightly in order to be 'hard', therefore you had to be perfect to succeed.
    New fights are actually 'hard' to execute, but you don't (usually) have to be perfect because its more than hard enough just to do everything right.

Top guilds today are leagues better than they were then (imo - part of which is because they have to be), so its a bit of an apples and oranges situation.
    Perfect in being afk autoattacking? My grandma could be perfect at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Perfect in being afk autoattacking? My grandma could be perfect at that.
    She can apply to my guild anyday =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by funyroger View Post
    Managed to get somewhat stable fps, so now i can actually enjoy the game. It is actually super fun, and at least feels for me more as MMO than ESO did. If you don't mind i got a few questions i would like to ask.

1. Factions, does both factions have totally different story lines, or do they at some point merge together.

2. Races, is there any difference from one race to another? Obviously visuals and mounts but other than that no racials, so pick which ever you think looks nicer?

3. Are paths (explorer etc) important in PVE, or those bonuses are not that impactful?

4. How many raids are there? And if i understand raids are 20/40, are lockout shared, and is there normal/heroic style raids (WoW)?
    1. There's an overlap and there are shared quest hubs. It starts somewhere in the middle of whitevale. They will have their own quests and storyline with take on things but there are plenty of shared quests.

2. There are no racials as they didn't want people to be forced to play the min-maxing game that early in. So pick what you think looks most appealing.

3. Paths define your play style in CBT's they removed any major PvE or PvP -in combat- advantages they would offer. The bonuses are nice but won't make or break your experience, i like lore so i'm going with scientist for example. For that i get a group summon, a teleport and a holographic distraction that reduces mobs agro range.
    Right now summon works in raids but isn't working as intended. Settlers get their vendor bots - what again can be countered by guild repair bots you can summon and so on.

4. Two raids one 20 man and one 40 man. They are rather large as the 20 man is divided in to 3 acts.

To give you something more to bite on;

Act I has 7 unique trash type of mobs (this doesn't seem like something special but don't compare wildstars trash to WoW's trash) 4 mini bosses and 2 main bosses.

Act II has 4 unique trash mobs so far i've seen 3 mini bosses which of one is an event and 3 bosses.

Act III don't know how many unique trash mobs they got in there as haven't seen it that far yet, 4 mini bosses and the final big boss (probably seen that one in the videos with the big worm in the center and platforms disappearing in a room filled with purple ooze.

Very few will have these on farm within the first month. It's hard to take my word or anyones word for this but you won't be out of things to do in terms of raids any time soon.

The exact number of encounters for 40 mans escape me but i also believe there's a similar amount of encounters to the 20 man.
    The big difference between 20 and 40 man is, 20 man encounters aren't that hard to figure out and learn how to counter, executing that counter however not that easy. 40 mans offer a greater level of complexity where you are more needed to manage multiple things as a group not per se on an individual level but you do need to know every single part.

To give an example "Datascape has the most complex encounters we've created.
    However, part of that is simply a larger amount of things going on simultaneously. Each player doesn't necessarily have to manage more things at a time, but there are more things going on at a time that the raid must handle. For example, the first encounter--System Daemons--has two bosses as well as two holdout-style encounters that players must handle and rotate between throughout the encounter."

For more raid information i recommend you check out this AMA compilation, here
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins