Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Ascendancy?
    Rolling on the PVP server, we had a poll and thats what the majority voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    you should probably also specify whether you're na or eu, if you are looking for guilds here.
    Ah right. Here, for random recruiters browsing this thread out of boredom:

14/14H 25man warlock in WoW LF:

NA Dominion Semihardcore guild (9-12 hour rangeish per week). On a PVE server. Please God. Thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Wow, after so many betas and countless polls, not sure how anyone could say that with a straight face.

Most popular faction: Exile
    Most popular race: Aurin
    Most popular classes: Stalker, Spellslinger, Medic.

Most of the above has been confirmed by devs. The rest is obvious from running around and playing the game, let alone the polls.

That said, the popularity of Stalker as a tank is surprising. They do make superb tanks (though apparently Engineer is the strongest endgame tank). How enough players found that out to make it popular, I have no idea since the natural archetype across all MMOs for tanking are Warriors.

In my opinion, it must mean Warriors are either really not popular at all in this game or their early gameplay leaves something to be desired. Unfortunately, that's the one class I never managed to try.
    Warriors suffered from aggro issues, it has probably been fixed by now though.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    Cool beans! I had only planned to buy the regular version, but with 10€ off I thought I might aswell get the Digital Deluxe.
    That's the only reason I went for it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by dadori View Post
    *snip*
    Not gonna lie...that video made me proud as hell to be kicking Dommie ass as an Exile.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I made the perfect UI today and as i was finishing up when THE DAMN SERVERS WENT DOWN! WHY!!!??!!?!?!?!?!?
    Just finished game download, have never played any BETA was excited to give it a shot. Is there any ETA for servers to come up? Does this happen quite often?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kansas311 View Post
    Just finished game download, have never played any BETA was excited to give it a shot. Is there any ETA for servers to come up? Does this happen quite often?
    You may have to wait until saturday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkay View Post
    I'm thinking Mordesh!
    eh.. could be worse, i guess :P
    I usually play Tank or Melee so I'm thinking Stalker atm!
    ftw

Quote Originally Posted by dadori View Post
    not sure if this was posted , YOGSCAST Martyn made WildStar song called "Be A Star" , its funny

[video=youtube;hhSOmAbefRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhSOmAbefRI[video]
    that's pretty good =)

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    How enough players found that out to make it popular, I have no idea since the natural archetype across all MMOs for tanking are Warriors.
    maybe that is why people who like tanking in mmos in general go stalker, as they don't want to make another warrior tank?

no idea how popular the rogue-like tanks in rift or swtor are, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Not gonna lie...that video made me proud as hell to be kicking Dommie ass as an Exile.
    /broclaw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    maybe that is why people who like tanking in mmos in general go stalker, as they don't want to make another warrior tank?

no idea how popular the rogue-like tanks in rift or swtor are, though.
    This is kinda why I'm thinking of playing Stalker. I played a Riftblade tank in RIFT and a Sith Assassin tank in SWTOR, and enjoyed them both :P Hell, I may go Warrior just for a change come to think of it o.O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Yeah pretty much everyone's playing Exile. Apparently lots of furries are attracted to WildStar hehe.
    To be fair, dat tail! Even Elins cannot compare. They integrate the tail very well with emotes too.

For some reason, everyone in the West, including devs, underestimate just how many players seem to want to play cute characters. Hope it ultimately does not affect the game balance too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Yeah pretty much everyone's playing Exile. Apparently lots of furries are attracted to WildStar hehe.
    Really? Well maybe the "random" players prefer Exile but most organized guilds seem to be going for Dominion. Atleast on the EU PVP server, Hazak. 60 Dominion guilds vs 36 Exile guilds atm. http://wildstar.guildex.org/guilds/eu/hazak

Edit:

Guilds listed on Guildex:
    NA: 201 Exiles, 150 Dominion
    EU: 79 Exiles, 94 Dominion

Maybe it's just Americans who are furries :P
    Last edited by Shakadam; 2014-05-30 at 12:43 AM.

I lean more towards the Dominion, personally. I always end up favouring the more morally grey faction(s) and character(s) in pretty much every setting, though. Even as a kid I cared more for Scar over anyone else in The Lion King.

What time do the servers open on saturday, does anyone know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so i finally decided. Male Aurin Stalker, Explorer rolling on Ascendency . #gethype

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    What time do the servers open on saturday, does anyone know?
    I'd guess at 12am.

Deleted
    Is there any way to throttle the download speed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxz View Post
    i'd guess at 12am.
    12 am pdt : )
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    Is there any way to throttle the download speed?
    Not natively but you can try something like NetBalancer (free) or NetLimiter (commercial)

I think we can get rid of the nda lifted tag considering the game will launch in like 27 hours lol.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a guy and want to role a female aurin esper when the game goes live. Is that wrong? Do I need therapy? Please help me, only so many hours to go....

and yes, about 40% of my mmo' toons are females, but they're not cute with tails...well, except for my shaman draeni...and god she's blue too....damn.

Curse Client Problems

Yesterday it was working fine with WildStar and I was making a last minute check to make sure everything was update. Now Curse Client isn't even showing WildStar on the list and when I try to browse (C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\WildStar) it will not show the .exe The game is working because it launches fine and everything, just not Curse Client. I have uninstalled and re-installed...any ideas?
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.