I just think it's stupid that rock women and robots get sexy hourglass figure and boobs and men can't even get a bare chested option.

/sigh

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    I'd guess that the green "laser" is a targeting mechanism, so if you target a friendly target there'll come a glowing circle around them. But I don't know for sure, and I'm not sure if that's what you were refering too
    oooh, now that you mention it that is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Pretty sure that is what she meant and it does look like the target indicator. However...since we brought up the subject of 'laser tails' Carbine needs to make this happen ASAP. I don't care what has a laser tail, but something needs one.
    I agree! Now that I have had that thought I want something to have laser tails

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I just think it's stupid that rock women and robots get sexy hourglass figure and boobs and men can't even get a bare chested option.

/sigh
    I don't know why but this is hilarious to me. Probably because I never have spent much time looking at the male models (I always play female toons) so I never noticed hairy or unhairy chests

Also, I mean really guys. The point of the comic was that in the one pain the chick's boobs were so oversized and not proportioned she shouldn't be able to walk (much less run) and that the corollary for if the same thing was done to male toons was exactly what Gabe drew. Literally that is it. I don't understand how it's even something to argue about. It feels like arguing about if the sun is in the sky or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    So the answer is: "No, I want to have the last word even if it derails the thread."

Okay.
    No, I believe the answer is that you are out of your intellectual and cognitive depth, but let's go with your suggestion not to derail the thread further.

On the Mechari female topic: from the tone Carbine has been striking, I'm more inclined to believe that this is a tongue-in-cheek satire on standard MMO genre expectations I think the model looks very well done.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagzter View Post
    On the Mechari female topic: from the tone Carbine has been striking, I'm more inclined to believe that this is a tongue-in-cheek satire on standard MMO genre expectations I think the model looks very well done.
    I agree. I very much like their satirical take on many aspects of MMOs, Sci Fi, and just ridiculous humor in general. It feels very well placed and well done. It's one of the reasons I think the game is going to be so awesome.
    BAD WOLF

I don't know why but this is hilarious to me. Probably because I never have spent much time looking at the male models (I always play female toons) so I never noticed hairy or unhairy chests
    Only time I ever went female in a game was WoW female goblin because her animations are far superior then the males, and they have single ladys dance and jokes.

Put a ring on it bitches.

Other then that I go for guys and try to sex them up as much as possible. Was so happy with TERA with male castanics showing some chest. But of course the females got even more skimpier outfits then the males...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevie View Post
    Does anyone have any pics of the Mordesh? I googled it but no avail.
    Nope.

Also. Information is a little contradictory on the name of the Fourth Exile. Mordesh was from leaked material involving the beta client and it is entirely possible that it was a temp, now changed, but has not been scrubbed from the client yet.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really want to get a beta key asap.

Cant wait for this game but im affraid to be disapointed like i was with MOP and Gw2.

Hope Devs are doing great stuff, all the videos on their website are exciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Team WildStar ‏@Team_WildStar 1h
    We'll be sending out lots more beta invites.... soon.

https://twitter.com/Team_WildStar/st...94126607917057

WTB

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Deleted
    I hope the beta key gods smile upon me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    And the 1970s and bra-burnings are that a-way. ---------------->

There is absolutely nothing wrong with female character models looking good and showing skin, and you linking it with sexism and even starting to bring up the subject is ridiculous. Since you're the one that brought up the subject, you're going to have to be the one to shut up about it first. Let's see if your desire not to derail the thread further is bigger than your desire to have the last word on the matter.
    You are PAINFULLY WRONG

The idea that to 'look good' female models need to have waists thinner than their heads, huge boobs and such is ridiculous, not all women look like that, not all players want to play as that.
    Twas brillig

Let's keep the discussion pertinent to WildStar. If you want to discuss the specific portrayals of female characters in WildStar, go for it,, bf you guys want to discuss sexism in gaming on a broader level, make a separate thread for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Now Granok. The stone ppl right? No. Just no. If I may point out, they also lack SEVERLY in chest department somehow...
    Made me think of this;

I think it's ok to have overly sexualised female characters as long as there's an alternative and the same diversity in males. Besdies equality it's in the interest of the developers reallly with an MMO due to such a large demographic, keeps most people happy.

I'm not a fan of the current trend of having one 'ugly' race as a shitty attempt to cover all the bases, there should be the option to make anything from stereotypically pretty to stereotypically ugly characters within each race (coinciding with lore), but I've been disappointed in most character customization options for a while so maybe I just expect too much.

*edit* Also if I make a female character it will be human exile due to the exile trailer girl being awesome.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2013-05-14 at 06:20 AM.

Added the Devtalk Housing and Movement ...

By the Way today there was an interesting Message on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Team_WildStar/st...94126607917057

Team_Wildstar: We'll be sending out lots more beta invites.... soon.

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

Deleted
    So.. where do you guys check for infos about beta keys waves and whatnot? I must admit I was quite shocked when someone spread out the news about EU beta starting a lot later, and I hadn't found a hint about that by myself. It must be said, though, that their Twitter account is quite a mess to navigate through...

I really thought i wouldn't like it as i typically prefer the serious side of MMO's (Age of Conan & Lord of the Rings Online etc) but after watching that "What is Wildstar clip" it made me laugh, looks really fresh.

"You had my curiosity. But now you have my attention"

Tangential:

An interesting topic that came up on Wildstar Central recently was the issue of 'Item Diversity', and this was primarily in relation to the decision to limit each individual class to a single weapon archetype (though we are, of course, still awaiting confirmation of the final two classes). I'd be interested to hear what others think about this - has the topic came up before? - as I've got slightly mixed feelings.

When I've got my more sensible objective cap on, I understand that the actual weapon itself makes very little difference; in previous MMOs that I've experienced they are differentiated purely on a statistical level - primary stats, secondary stats, weapon speeds, swing timers et cetera - and that the interest comes in how these interact with a particular class/build/playstyle. For a very basic example: Class A needs a fast weapon in his/her offhand and a slower weapon in his/her main hand, whereas Class B requires a large two-hander that carries as much baseline dps as possible, regardless of weapon speed/swing timer. Now, of course, it is irrelevant if aforementioned fast offhand, slow mainhand, or big two-hander is either a Sword, Mace, Axe, or a Stuffed Platypus, as presumably the developers can simply distribute the relevant stats for each class/build over numerous items of a similar archetype; however, the worry is: will this get a tad tedious, boring and visually unstimulating over a period of time?

I suppose I'm effectively getting into the territory of will there be enough models/skins for each weapon archetype to alleviate any feelings that things are getting slightly stale, considering that you'll be swinging that same particular style of weapon from your very first play session until your very last (whenever that may be)?

Casting my mind back quite a bit now, but it reminds me of the small disappointment I felt when I first tried WAR at launch, and realised I was going to be stuck with a rather dull looking sword for the entire levelling experience. Now, I've got a lot of goodwill towards Carbine due to the manner in which they have conducted themselves so far through WS's development, so I'm more than happy to wait and see, but I just wondered what you guys/gals thought about this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamigawa View Post
    So.. where do you guys check for infos about beta keys waves and whatnot? I must admit I was quite shocked when someone spread out the news about EU beta starting a lot later, and I hadn't found a hint about that by myself. It must be said, though, that their Twitter account is quite a mess to navigate through...

Oh the irony!

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    It will be up against SWTOR, good luck with that!

"May the Force be with You..cupcake"

;p

Deleted
    I have to say, after playing Tera, and coping with its poorly optimized engine/UI, shoddy end-game content and no updates, this game is looking to be a treat. I didn't know about this game until a guildie told me a few days. The art style is impressive, the combat looks really fluid and from what I am hearing, the devs know that players will reach max level in less then a week so the game seems to be packed with end game content. This could be the only game i'm actually looking forward too.

1 criticism, no cat class
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-05-14 at 12:36 PM.

I agree they need a shapeshifter class ;p