The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel0ns View Post
    How about you step off your high horse and come down already.
    Don't be ridiculous. It's literally impossible for me to be on a horse that would put my head in the clouds. Unless of course you think I'm on a horse that reaches to the stratosphere. In that case, you would have probably heard about me on the news as I would be kind of a big deal. Many leather bound books, rich mahogany, etc.

Nay. I'm on a Twilight Sparkle. A specter in the night abyss. Floating high above the land looking down on the mortals below.

Welcome to posting.

PS - considering that we haven't experienced raids and they aren't available for testing even on closed beta, all we have is their description which doesn't sound 'like Halfus or Chromaggus'. I'm sorry that WoW players don't like being called out on their lack of knowledge regarding the rest of the MMO landscape. There are a lot of other things out there.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    And where did you read about this? Never heard them saying anything about it.

I have not heard them say every boss will be dynamic. But with dynamic they mean like the Halfus or Chromaggus fight in Wow. Adds or abilites change from week to week. I doubt it will be super hard one week and super easy another, just different.
    Well my post still being approve by the mods,i suggest you check out the thread on CBC created by one of the Carbine econ dev,Gortok in wildstar-central.com.
    It will tell you on how their plan on approaching this 'BiS' stuffs and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be one to speculate... but I have seen the Hype Train come and come again. Each time it comes back to the first stop, all the whiny children full of tears get off and are replaced by new children who seem to think they are heading towards the next greatest thing.

It doesn't happen like that. Everyones expectations are way too high. Yes, I play SWTOR but if I honestly expected anything then I probably would have been apart of the large portion of players who quit. Face it: nothing new and groundbreaking is somehow going to emerge. I'm keeping my eyes on Wildstar just in case, but after the massive fiasco in Neverwinter Online- I'm not too positive that newer games are going to be promising.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I used to be one to speculate... but I have seen the Hype Train come and come again. Each time it comes back to the first stop, all the whiny children full of tears get off and are replaced by new children who seem to think they are heading towards the next greatest thing.

It doesn't happen like that. Everyones expectations are way too high. Yes, I play SWTOR but if I honestly expected anything then I probably would have been apart of the large portion of players who quit. Face it: nothing new and groundbreaking is somehow going to emerge. I'm keeping my eyes on Wildstar just in case, but after the massive fiasco in Neverwinter Online- I'm not too positive that newer games are going to be promising.
    Honestly I will settle for it being something that stays fun for more than 2 days. That seems to be all I have been able to tolerate lately from MMOs.
    I really wish that EA wasn't using such predatory pricing with their F2P model, because I want to play SWTOR, but I refuse to support that kind of BS. From what I played of it back in beta the game itself was a disaster, but it was nice playing a game again that I could get into for the story.

I guess we will wait and see how Wildstar turns out. Until then I will just continue to run around being a space ninja, farming and farming some more in Warframe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    PS - considering that we haven't experienced raids and they aren't available for testing even on closed beta, all we have is their description which doesn't sound 'like Halfus or Chromaggus'. I'm sorry that WoW players don't like being called out on their lack of knowledge regarding the rest of the MMO landscape. There are a lot of other things out there.
    They have actually talked about it interviews, but i did not hear them say everything was going to be dynamic all the time, might be, or not. I have played plenty of MMOs, sadly most of them are terrible, so that is why Wow is compared lots more then any other game. But im sorry i havnt tried every shitty mmo out there, so i can be on your level of discussion.

I don't think it's fair to compare ANY game to Neverwinter. The game was developed for like 1 year as a Co-Op game, then repurposed as an MMO after PWE bought it just as a quick cash grab.

I'm not going to buy into much hype after GW2, but Wildstar seems to be doing just about everything right (it helps that the game has been in development since WoW released and they show no signs of releasing the game until it's ready, a rarity in itself). I agree with the "wait and see" attitude though. At least until the beta is expanded/NDA is dropped so people can give more honest opinions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    Well my post still being approve by the mods,i suggest you check out the thread on CBC created by one of the Carbine econ dev,Gortok in wildstar-central.com.
    It will tell you on how their plan on approaching this 'BiS' stuffs and all.
    Oh, had totally missed that, thanks for the heads up. So they are adding a lot of randomness to loot, which makes the item hunt last longer. If Boss A drops a weapon with a locked in "Do X amount of frost damage" which is really good, you might get some other shitty locked in chips with it, that makes the item good, but not optimal for your class. In one way there will exist BiS, but its so rare that most players will settle with something just under it.

Did i get it right or how did you read it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, had totally missed that, thanks for the heads up. So they are adding a lot of randomness to loot, which makes the item hunt last longer. If Boss A drops a weapon with a locked in "Do X amount of frost damage" which is really good, you might get some other shitty locked in chips with it, that makes the item good, but not optimal for your class. In one way there will exist BiS, but its so rare that most players will settle with something just under it.

Did i get it right or how did you read it?
    Yeah you got it most it true,meaning it might be hard to get the 'best in slot' stuffs,but there will be plenty of opportunities for players to extract chips/mods from unwanted items and use them in another piece or change the chips around to make it better for your current/given specs.

That's my take of it.There is always a reason to replay current tier content, and some previous tier content is still good.Because items aren't deterministic, you have to make choices instead of strictly follow guides.
    People tends to get bored doing the same raids again once they got their 'BiS' weapons/armors altogether.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played plenty of MMOs, sadly most of them are terrible, so that is why Wow is compared lots more then any other game. But im sorry i havnt tried every shitty mmo out there, so i can be on your level of discussion.
    Thank you for confirming that you are one of those biased players. I love the game and play the game, but I'm not brainwashed into thinking every other game is a pile of rubbish. Sad to be you. While it's perfectly understandable for the common comparison ground on this site to be that game, it's not acceptable to read something not even remotely like a facet of said game and then try and jam Wildstar into a metaphor to make them equal.

Tired of so many people saying x feature is just like WoW, this game looks like WoW, etc, etc....from the way you and others discuss it, it's like you skimmed over a summary of a feature and then basically started talking about WoW without giving any real attention to Wildstar. If you're going to discuss something, at least be more informed and don't resort to using a different game to fill in 80% of your talking points.

edit:
    A nice person requested I leave this here. Has some cool talk about the game and uses appropriate metaphors...also comments on what I just griped about. Mostly it's just a good insight into the game.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-05-21 at 01:09 PM.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for confirming that you are one of those biased players. I love the game and play the game, but I'm not brainwashed into thinking every other game is a pile of rubbish. Sad to be you. While it's perfectly understandable for the common comparison ground on this site to be that game, it's not acceptable to read something not even remotely like a facet of said game and then try and jam Wildstar into a metaphor to make them equal.

Tired of so many people saying x feature is just like WoW, this game looks like WoW, etc, etc....from the way you and others discuss it, it's like you skimmed over a summary of a feature and then basically started talking about WoW without giving any real attention to Wildstar. If you're going to discuss something, at least be more informed and don't resort to using a different game to fill in 80% of your talking points.
    I'm absolutely agree with you there Kitty,people being bashing this game left and right on the other forum/website that have been previewing this game on their site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if i tell you a truth. This is the 1.st mmo game after 7 years that got my interest.

If its as good as they say i will probaly switch it for wow.

Things i like:
    + cartoon grafic
    + combat awarding system
    + good races

Well if this game goes out the only game that could trow is down would probaly be WOS (world of starcraft), being a space gendre.
    It just gives you a felling that autors of the game care abaut it and not like other mmos where is only for cash.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monarken View Post
    I think dynamic raiding will be super fun. I hope you casuals will continue to enjoy LFR in WoW - personally im bored of it.

Why are some people upset about dynamic raiding, i mean really, REALLY BROS.
    Think of the ammount of world first opportunities, a new one each week for god knows how many weeks ! (Prob 5?)

YESSS
    And here we go, it was a great discussion until someone starts "OMG CASUALS LFR LOL!" >_>

And seriously, stop with the "OMG WOW 2.0" Crap.. it's Wildstar, not WoW 2.0, how about instead of having discussions of how awesome it is compared to WoW (Which isn't that hard to beat) you actually I dno, discuss the game normally?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    And here we go, it was a great discussion until someone starts "OMG CASUALS LFR LOL!" >_>

And seriously, stop with the "OMG WOW 2.0" Crap.. it's Wildstar, not WoW 2.0, how about instead of having discussions of how awesome it is compared to WoW (Which isn't that hard to beat) you actually I dno, discuss the game normally?
    Yeah i agreed,let's just discuss on this game will bring something good(or maybe something bad?) to all the MMO players that has been craving for a good title all this while.

P/S:BTW that's a very good video you got there Kitty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    P/S:BTW that's a very good video you got there Kitty
    Lol. Thanks for the heads up. I was just watching some of their stuff last night, but didn't realize they did a TWIMMO with lots of Wildstar info. It was a good share. We like big videos about this game in this thread.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting on payment model...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Don't expect something concrete until right before they launch or a big convention. I guarantee they've been crunching numbers and doing research on every game out there in order to get accurate projections for their future. Most of us can safely assume it will be some form of B2P(likely)/F2P(not as likely) with a very hefty subscription option.

Whatever route they go, with their heavy focus on providing a wealth of end game activities and tailoring content for the hardcores and the not so much-es, I expect a subscription to play a large, large part in their model. At this time we cannot discuss it in this forum further until Carbine gives us an official statement per the mods.

Just filling you in.

--------------------
    As a side note, piggybacking on the issue without discussing 'what will it be', I would be completely comfortable paying a subscription for this game just based on what I've seen. Obviously the only way to keep me paying it would be to make sure the content delivers, but all of the features are exactly what I'm looking for in a game.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally hoping for B2P, but if it's P2P I just wait a long time to see how everything pans out. I think a lot of people have this mentality too, I believe B2P will get them a bigger playerbase.

I agree with you on the hype train. Too many people ride on the hype created by others instead of the hype you create for yourself, if that makes any sense.
    A veteran gamer should know when it comes to new releases that disappointment always follows when you start to blindly follow the reviews, the videos, and all the propaganda that goes along with a game before release. I also learned that playing a game just because of the title or creating company/studio (such as D&D, Elder Scrolls, Blizzard, Ubisoft, etc) is pretty much a perfect setup for severe disappointment as well.
    Naturally there will be thousands who follow the same pattern of 'oh boy this is gonna kill the top MMO' then a short time after 'This game sucks!', it will be the same thing with any game. Those who are looking forward to the game and take it for what it really is, not what the masses scream what they think it is or what it should have been, will enjoy it for years.

I also don't feel a lot of us are expecting anything revolutionary here with this game, it's just that Carbine is taking a lot of very nice features many of us enjoy from other MMO's and combining them into a single game. Sure they could very well not follow through with half of what they are promising, but for the time being it's certainly a game to keep an eye on!

Deleted

Cant take you for real. Just because i have my standards as to what games have good combat or not, does not mean im biased at all. If you can play those games and have fun, good for you, sadly i have high standards, which you do not. How was my comparison not even close? Its one part of the whole dynamic thing. I have been reading up on pretty much everything, except a few things here and there. And the dynamic part i got from an interview, where it did not sound like everything was going to dynamic all the time. Not my fault they arent always saying the same thing on every site or interview.

And you are not the only one discussing here, so if others like to use Wow motaphors, so be it. This is also the biggest wow site, wonder where all the wow talk comes from. And lastly, if you check reddit and wildstar-central, people are using wow metaphors more than anything else, so stop being a fucking prick already.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Exactly. Could make or break things...

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog