10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    Years of practice on beta? lol. Nice try. This is a brand new game with entirely new combat, if people can learn it that fast to be able to down bosses before 1 week is done then the game failed at its intent.
    I could care less if you believe me. Youtube and Twitch the guild to see for yourself. There isnt much else to say. W* was in some form of beta for years.

Grimvault's group quests aren't really, uh, group content much though. They're just ordinary mobs with 300k health. A DPS with a healer could probably 2 man it all, or even a DPS with a bit of self healing could probably solo it, it would just take a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is this any different than world of warcraft? I was told it would be harder and bosses fall too fast because they are too easy in WoW. Everyone negates the beta time put in there and the amount of hours put in. So to me, they obviously missed their mark for a harder MMO. There appears to be no difference to me.

Bosses die fast in wow due to the same thing. Yet I remember Wildstar saying theirs were harder.....something is wrong with this picture can we not agree?
    Its a different game, doesnt mean that magically, humans that play it 15 to 20 hours a day, practicing day and night could not down a raid boss. . . . Thats the kind of dedication it takes, similar to Heroic Raiding in WoW.

How is this any different than world of warcraft? I was told it would be harder and bosses fall too fast because they are too easy in WoW. Everyone negates the beta time put in there and the amount of hours put in. So to me, they obviously missed their mark for a harder MMO. There appears to be no difference to me.

Bosses die fast in wow due to the same thing. Yet I remember Wildstar saying theirs were harder.....something is wrong with this picture can we not agree?
    So you were expecting the first 2 bosses in the opening raid to not have been killed and put to farm mode by the top hardcore guilds within 6 months on beta?

There's harder and then there's ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Its a different game, doesnt mean that magically, humans that play it 15 to 20 hours a day, practicing day and night could not down a raid boss. . . . Thats the kind of dedication it takes, similar to Heroic Raiding in WoW.
    Oh so its not harder as I said? And the same level of work will yield the same results....gotcha.....like I said, not harder....failed at its core statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    So you were expecting the first 2 bosses in the opening raid to not have been killed and put to farm mode by the top hardcore guilds within 6 months on beta?

There's harder and then there's ridiculous
    They also said that no one would raid week 1 due to attunements....how'd that work for them....seems to me they underestimated the player base of MMO's and overestimated how hard their game would be.
    Last edited by pallyopness; 2014-06-09 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

If you're not going to listen, so be it, but know this; no one was able to beat the last boss of the first raid yet, after half an year, it's still alive, without any death counts

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh so its not harder as I said? And the same level of work will yield the same results....gotcha.....like I said, not harder....failed at its core statement.

- - - Updated - - -

They also said that no one would raid week 1 due to attunements....how'd that work for them....seems to me they underestimated the player base of MMO's and overestimated how hard their game would be.
    Really? W* is in beta for years, and 2 bosses go down the start of the 2nd week and you compare it to WoW when patches go on PTR for 3 months (90 days) and guilds have the entire thing cleared before the patch drops?

I dont think you know much about raiding in WoW.

Wait Wait Wait.....lolol....6 days after official release and already leveled to 50 and got attuned and downed 2 raid bosses.....yep lololol sounds like Wildstar is sooooooo hard. Doesn't seem any different than other games and this one was brand new with HARDER LEVELING and 50 LEVELS, HARDER DUNGEONS, HARDER RAIDS and HARD ATTUNEMENTS. Looks like it was all a load of crap to me and the downing of 2 raid bosses within 1 week proves it. Learned their class and got everything done extremely fast. Hilarious.
    The weird thing about this is he sits here reading a thread about a game he doesn't play, just waiting, ready to pounce. So sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody could raid week 1 due to the attunement, but it looks like the weekly cap has been reset.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say?

These guilds have had 6 months, why is it crazy that they've killed 2 bosses?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    The weird thing about this is he sits here reading a thread about a game he doesn't play, just waiting, ready to pounce. So sad.
    Incredibly, incredibly sad.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's certainly harder than WoW, yes. Keep in mind these guys have been raiding on the beta for ages and it's not like they're all the way through the place yet. I can't be bothered checking, but I wonder how long the first 2 raid bosses in MoP survived.

Personally I've only done the level 15 adventure and one of the two level 20 dungeons, Stormtalon's Lair. Yeah the adventure was easy, but Stormtalon's Lair was pretty tough. The first real dungeon and it's harder than anything pre-raid in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nm, can't be bothered with you, reading your past posts you seem very hypocritical .. you claim to not be a wow fan boy, yet defend wow at every opportunity, you insult others for sharing their opinion and for 'not letting go' yet you've been posting how you dislike wildstar over the past several days...

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point ya'll just feeding him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Nm, can't be bothered with you, reading your past posts you seem very hypocritical .. you claim to not be a wow fan boy, yet defend wow at every opportunity, you insult others for sharing their opinion and for 'not letting go' yet you've been posting how you dislike wildstar over the past several days...
    It's a weird mentality some people have.

They feel the need to "protect" their favourite game and go around shitting on anything they see as a potential threat or even in the same market.

Never understood the fanboy mentality, just enjoy games.

I do no different than those who don't play WoW anymore yet post opinion after opinion on those forums. Sorry If I found out that the hardest raid content ever assembled in the hardest game ever developed had already had bosses dropped within 1 week of launch. Reasons are irrelevant. The fact is, people are downing bosses already just like they do in other games. Abeit, a HUGE difference....they had 50 levels to level up first! Also, they had attunements! As I said, failed design is failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    It's certainly harder than WoW, yes. Keep in mind these guys have been raiding on the beta for ages and it's not like they're all the way through the place yet. I can't be bothered checking, but I wonder how long the first 2 raid bosses in MoP survived.

Personally I've only done the level 15 adventure and one of the two level 20 dungeons, Stormtalon's Lair. Yeah the adventure was easy, but Stormtalon's Lair was pretty tough. The first real dungeon and it's harder than anything pre-raid in WoW.
    He doesn't know what he's talking about. Top guilds in WoW will down all content after a week or two. The top guilds in the world were stuck in beta for almost a year and STILL didn't complete the raid. I don't see top guilds spending almost a year downing the thunder king.

Reasons are irrelevant.
    And you see, this is why you are a complete moron.

Ignoring context, fact and logic to push your fanboyism out of some weird bitterness.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    It's a weird mentality some people have.

They feel the need to "protect" their favourite game and go around shitting on anything they see as a potential threat or even in the same market.

Never understood the fanboy mentality, just enjoy games.
    No, as I said, if you would care to read. I have read numerous upon numerous posts all over in WoW threads about how Wildstar would make grown men cry in raids. It just doesn't seem true now does it. I am just turning the tables. Coming to their favorite game and telling them how it is. Don't like it? Don't read it. Wildstar is a passover to WoW, not a competition. Call this a gloating to all those who thought Wildstar would be harder than anything ever done.

I do no different than those who don't play WoW anymore yet post opinion after opinion on those forums. Sorry If I found out that the hardest raid content ever assembled in the hardest game ever developed had already had bosses dropped within 1 week of launch. Reasons are irrelevant. The fact is, people are downing bosses already just like they do in other games. Abeit, a HUGE difference....they had 50 levels to level up first! Also, they had attunements! As I said, failed design is failed.
    It's the first couple of bosses that were on farm. How are you not understanding this? It's like downing Immerseus and then laughing that the game is too easy. Smarten up.

He doesn't know what he's talking about. Top guilds in WoW will down all content after a week or two. The top guilds in the world were stuck in beta for almost a year and STILL didn't complete the raid. I don't see top guilds spending almost a year downing the thunder king.
    Once again...BIG DIFFERENCE...first of all.... EVERYONE had beta for MoP damn near. With the, and I quote "same mechanics and rehashed skills as 8 years prior had". So they are able to do it based on years upon years upon years of practice. Wildstar is NEW, beta or not, players don't have the experience in the gameplay as WoW players had for Thunder King.Also 50 LEVELS!!

- - - Updated - - -

It's the first couple of bosses that were on farm. How are you not understanding this? It's like downing Immerseus and then laughing that the game is too easy. Smarten up.
    So the game isn't as hard as they say and you want me to smarten up to be realistic? BUT ITS THE HARDEST RAIDS EVER!!! From their website:

RAIDS
    TAKE YOUR TRESPASSING SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL!

If you thought WildStar raids would be a carefree cakewalk through Creampuff Mountain on roller skates with doughnut training-wheels, you probably have a serious head injury! On the upside, we’ve just spent eight years coming up with the perfect cure: the most intense raid content ever hyped!

These raids aren’t just hardcore, they’re diamond-core 20- and 40-player PvE dungeons on crack that will pit your characters against the loudest bosses ever promoted!"

LOLOLOL for 6 days!

Questions for people having FPS issues:

-Are you using the patched client from beta? (I am)
    -Has anyone uninstalled the beta client and noticed a performance increase with a fresh install?