@Kitty

If I give you puppy dog eyes long enough you will tell me all the things you may or may not know

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    If I give you puppy dog eyes long enough you will tell me all the things you may or may not know
    Your corgi lacks a top hat, which is a requirement for any sort of corgi adventure. I hear they have those in Rift now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boramir View Post
    With all these subtle hints your dropping I can't help but think that someone you may or may not know, may or may not be involved in some way, shape or form with a certain soon-to-be-released mmo's beta. But... I guess we will never know...
    They call me Jon Snow for a reason...I know nothing. I think you are confusing subtle hints for rampant, ridiculous, Monty Pythonesque ranting.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I do so love a good Monty Pythonesque rant...

However, I had to look up the Jon Snow reference (haven't watched Game of Thrones yet). lol

Here's to leaving the yearning masses wanting!
    Last edited by Boramir; 2013-06-07 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boramir View Post
    However, I had to look up the Jon Snow reference (haven't watched Game of Thrones yet). lol
    Oh be careful...you are going to have a hard time not ruining like...everything for yourself. If you have any interest in the books or show I would just avoid the internet until you can catch up. If you want to know what you'll feel like when you do, just google Red Wedding reaction video compilation. Don't read into the explanation for it, just know you'll be standing there with your mouth open and spouting profanities like everyone else.

I like to be ridiculous when Robin is around. Because of his avatar I read everything in Eric Idle's voice and imagine that is who he is.
    BAD WOLF

Indeed, I had to catch myself from posting a spoiler here about GoT

Watch it, read it, or whatever, it's well worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently they are using the MMO version of "soon."
    https://twitter.com/Team_WildStar/st...59360404090880
    @spaski101 We hope to have something together by the end of the month, but we will keep you posted.
    Bastards got me all worked up for nothing!

However there is other good news.
    https://twitter.com/Team_WildStar/st...35024813195265
    @Anhrez we will be at E3! More information coming today!
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Well, NCsoft doesn't have a booth, so I'd imagine they may be showing it off at something like an Alienware booth? I know they've done that in the past with GW2 and such, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did it again.

Yeah, at Massively they said Wildstar will be at the Alienware booth.

Only a few days until E3

I get to rebuild my computer and nerd out on some Wildstar info at the same time. Epic win.

Deleted
    Hope they will be at gamescom too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    Hope they will be at gamescom too.
    Isn't gamescom the biggest EU con? I can't see Carbine skipping that.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Isn't gamescom the biggest EU con? I can't see Carbine skipping that.
    They won't. IIRC NCsoft attends Gamescom every year, so I'd be willing to bet money that WildStar will be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope that the combat fluidity will be good and not clunky.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    This looks really cool, will have to give it a go.. well I seem to try all MMO's for a bit anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    I really hope that the combat fluidity will be good and not clunky.
    It looks as fluid as WoW, but with a different combat system. Of course that's just from looks.
    BAD WOLF

Massively just posted a rather confusingly titled news article:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06...rowd-says-dev/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimation View Post
    Massively just posted a rather confusingly titled news article:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06...rowd-says-dev/
    Not surprising. The "ex-WoW player" market is far larger than the "WoW player" market. What bothers me most is that they are "going there," so to speak. Whether they think it or not, they sure as hell shouldn't be saying it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-07 at 08:02 PM ----------

Still no announcement about the show either. Carbine's twitter seems a little behind the times. It can take them days to post something. That account should be a lot quicker than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Not surprising. The "ex-WoW player" market is far larger than the "WoW player" market. What bothers me most is that they are "going there," so to speak. Whether they think it or not, they sure as hell shouldn't be saying it.
    Mr. Frost should be forbidden from speaking on these things from now on. This is the last thing they need to ever say.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Yea, they shouldnt mention that they want ex-wow players, because most likely that's what they will be getting. They are looking at mmorpg players, and most of those have tried wow. That's why it's tricky for blizzard as well, most people already tried wow... so most of the fresh audience they can find is around newly dinged 12-year olds. Because how many other played other mmos first up until now and notice "hey, there's a game called wow, didnt know, must try it"?
    But noone likes the smell of trying to "beat wow", because every mmo have failed (counting in nr of players). Mmo population is also more spread out these days, and many of them contains of former wow-players... but none of them managed to get all the former wow players and that's what people might think Carbine is going for when they say things like this. Game will launch, people will check: how many players? Ah, only 2 million... guess it wasn't a wowkiller after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Yea, they shouldnt mention that they want ex-wow players, because most likely that's what they will be getting. They are looking at mmorpg players, and most of those have tried wow. That's why it's tricky for blizzard as well, most people already tried wow... so most of the fresh audience they can find is around newly dinged 12-year olds. Because how many other played other mmos first up until now and notice "hey, there's a game called wow, didnt know, must try it"?
    But noone likes the smell of trying to "beat wow", because every mmo have failed (counting in nr of players). Mmo population is also more spread out these days, and many of them contains of former wow-players... but none of them managed to get all the former wow players and that's what people might think Carbine is going for when they say things like this. Game will launch, people will check: how many players? Ah, only 2 million... guess it wasn't a wowkiller after all.
    I was 12 when I started WoW lol xD was the best experience ever especially because it was vanilla, started few months after launch because of high school starting haha only just quit few months ago so excited for Wildstar, watched that guy zybaktv's video it's not really breaking NDA he's just airing his thoughts about the 2nd stress test - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RS1...ature=youtu.be

also - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knJm...tu.be&t=17m40s (not sure if breaking NDA but it's on youtube soo, also his voice is kinda annoying lol)
    Last edited by Roosky; 2013-06-08 at 05:03 AM.