10+ Year Old Account
    I believe settlers are beneficial when it's the more the merrier, because they can help each other build buildings faster.

iirc, that came from the paths devspeak video. If not, it's somewhere on their site.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Honestly this game looks awesome, as long as they don't take any shortcuts and stick to what they're doing this may be enough to finally cure the WoW disease upon me after 8 years.

I love the settling part though, although I'm worried as if what if there is already alot of settlers, will I just become useless?
    Careful with the word 'awesome', well some of the people think it's generic,clunky combat, action MMO that doesn't warrant a sub model.
    Last edited by athlonmax; 2013-09-27 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I believe settlers are beneficial when it's the more the merrier, because they can help each other build buildings faster.

iirc, that came from the paths devspeak video. If not, it's somewhere on their site.
    But what if they want to build their own stuff? I watched all the devspeak videos, but idk just seems like a weird concept. When I saw them showing the floating islands in the sky I thought thats what was going to differentiate them, but I guess not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    Careful with the word 'awesome', well some of the people think it's generic,clunky combat, action MMO that doesn't warrant a sub model.
    Well I am entitled to my own opinion aren't I? I'd totally pay for this game. People are so used to f2p games nowadays they think any game should be free, even if its not an mmo. I honestly prefer the sub model over anything else. It means steady content comes, it means we don't need to pay for certain other transactions for advantages over others, even if its not pay to win, let alone costumes. I'm ok with some of the f2p things, but the sub model just feels so much cleaner & less problematic to me. As I said, thats my opinion.

While I would agree that much of it is generic and has been done in other MMOs, I would argue that they are doing a good job with a fair amount of the aspects of their game. Wildstar isn't trying to reinvent the wheel, just develop better treads.

I would call the combat neither clunky nor action due to the fact that it is smooth and not real action combat for all the reasons Zito has outlined.

As to the sub model? Yeah. That's unfortunate.

(I am assuming you are talking about me and my ilk :P)
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-09-27 at 01:58 AM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    But what if they want to build their own stuff? I watched all the devspeak videos, but idk just seems like a weird concept. When I saw them showing the floating islands in the sky I thought thats what was going to differentiate them, but I guess not.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I am entitled to my own opinion aren't I? I'd totally pay for this game. People are so used to f2p games nowadays they think any game should be free, even if its not an mmo. I honestly prefer the sub model over anything else. It means steady content comes, it means we don't need to pay for certain other transactions for advantages over others, even if its not pay to win, let alone costumes. I'm ok with some of the f2p things, but the sub model just feels so much cleaner & less problematic to me. As I said, thats my opinion.
    1)Settler can build their own stuffs by themselves only if other settlers assisting them on current building/buff station that they're working on, it build faster and have longer durability(yes they buff stations will have a duration on them). The floating island i believed is your housing area.

2)No worries, i'm too doesn't mind for sub model if the game is good.But let's not start another biz model bashing, again.
    Last edited by athlonmax; 2013-09-27 at 01:57 AM.

I didn't even mention anything about the sub model in my first post, your the one who brought up that conversation. Just, putting that out their.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even mention anything about the sub model in my first post, your the one who brought up that conversation. Just, putting that out their.
    That's the general consensus in here, but anyway this week has been pretty good with a 'useful' Wildstar Wednesday update and Devspeak video to boot!
    That will keep people going up until the announcement of the new classes, which hopefully will be in the next couple weeks maybe?

That's the general consensus in here, but anyway this week has been pretty good with a 'useful' Wildstar Wednesday update and Devspeak video to boot!
    That will keep people going up until the announcement of the new classes, which hopefully will be in the next couple weeks maybe?
    The dev speak didn't really add anything that we didn't already know. Carbine likes to tell us things they already released multiple times. The space ship instance things are cool but it's only for leveling right? Just like downscaling is only for groups. :l

Not sure why they are purposely doing that. They have features that would make great elder game but they restrict it for no apparent reason.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-09-27 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The dev speak didn't really add anything that we didn't already know. Carbine likes to tell us things they already released multiple times. The space ship instance things are cool but it's only for leveling right? Just like downscaling is only for groups. :l

Not sure why they are purposely doing that. They have features that would make great elder game but they restrict it for no apparent reason.
    They're telling us the abilities more clearly in video so people can have a good picture of it, and also it's the continuation of the previous video on combat abilities i think? And a proper new classes reveal coming soon man! How you could not be pump up for that?

Ship hands yeah it's just for leveling purpose, there's going to be one ship hands mission in any of the zones in the game.

They're telling us the abilities more clearly in video so people can have a good picture of it
    All I saw was everything we already knew (not including leaks) in one video.

And a proper new classes reveal coming soon man! How you could not be pump up for that? :P
    Because I already know what they are and they haven't officially released a lot of detail on the current classes, most we might get is their names, their roles and a few ability's like the other classes.

Ship hands yeah it's just for leveling purpose, there's going to be one ship hands mission in any of the zones in the game.
    Again, holding a feature back for no real reason.

I just checked the classes page again, and I notice they're still missing 2 classes that say 'coming soon!'

Are they still intending to add these before release, or sometime after? Do we have any hints as to what they'll be? So far it seems like we have our basic beat-em up warrior, rogue like assasin, mage, and ranged shooter type character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just checked the classes page again, and I notice they're still missing 2 classes that say 'coming soon!'

Are they still intending to add these before release, or sometime after? Do we have any hints as to what they'll be? So far it seems like we have our basic beat-em up warrior, rogue like assasin, mage, and ranged shooter type character.
    Hmmm did you watch the latest Devspeak video yet? They're hinting that the new classes is going to be reveal next.
    Maybe in next couple weeks.

There's a pictures of the 'unreveal' class in the previous couple of posts. "Medic" and "Engineer"
    Last edited by athlonmax; 2013-09-27 at 03:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Medic and engineer.

I BELIEVE that medic is dps/healer and engy is ranged dps/tank. But I'm not in the beta, that's all leaked stuff. Medic will use dual shock paddles, engy uses... cannon? Rifle? something like that.

They will most likely be released to us before the game comes out.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

This game is the MMO I have been waiting for since Cata got stale.This game has been in development for 7 years, 3 to make the game engine and so far a little over 4 years for the game itself. This will be the next MMO and that is the FIRST time ever I have said that since WoW launched. I also believe its the sole reason Blizzard delayed on revealing Titan. Only have to wait 6-12 more months for it. I just keep praying NCsoft keeps to their word and doesn't lean on Carbine at some point to per-maturely release it, which they have long track record of doing. I believe they won't, this is their golden ticket for redemption....but still.
    Last edited by Scarzi; 2013-09-27 at 04:06 AM.

I'm not sure if it's already been discussed at this point as this is a very long thread that I just check occasionally, but the search function didn't find anything.

This article was written by Kristen "Caydiem" DeMeza:

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...d_missions.php

Is this the same Caydiem that used to work as a CM for Blizzard?

http://wowpedia.org/Caydiem

I remember her mentioning at some point that her name was based on her real initials (or something like that) which still seems to be the case (sort of.) I dunno, just struck me as curious.

*Edit* It's the same person:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=18294/kri...witch#comments

First comment.

Huh

*Edit the Second*

She also worked for Trion it seems:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kristen-demeza/0/b17/65b

Alright that's enough as I'm starting to feel stalkery. >.<
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-09-27 at 06:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is the same Caydiem, which you obviously figured out through superb stalker skills ;P

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    Yes it is the same Caydiem, which you obviously figured out through superb stalker skills ;P
    I'm not a stalker I'm a gentlemen detective /smokes pipe xD

She's certainly come a long way since being a community manager.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    I'm not a stalker I'm a gentlemen detective /smokes pipe xD

She's certainly come a long way since being a community manager.
    Yeah it's the same Caydiem from wow, doesn't surprised me since most of the Carbine devs came from WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I have pretty small hands, though. Maybe I'll look into a G600. 12 extra buttons sounds like.. overkill, but, I'm sure it isn't and I'm just thinking too small.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    If you can't use modifiers reliably, it's about the best you're going to do that is laid out sensibly. There are mice with more buttons, but they don't perform as well or make sense to use. Unlike say a Razer mouse, the buttons are actually angled differently so that you know where you are by feel. Rows of 6 curve inwards to a valley, so each section 1 to 6 and 7 to = have a resting place for your thumb.
    If you're not that realiable with mouse-movements or multibutton and modifiers you could also using some of these gadgets:

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyb...zer-orbweaver/
    http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyb...eaver-stealth/

You can use your thumb for moving and can bind each of the buttons the way you like. I've an older version with only 3 button rows, using the most left one for [ESC], [shift] and jump. All the rest are used for abilities. There are one button each, above and below the joystick which I bind in most games to my mount and to open the map...
    Last edited by Keren; 2013-09-27 at 07:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am i the only one who plays MMOs with a regular mouse and a regular keyboard just fine? o.O feeling lonely here.