Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    So having watched the twitch stream, my take away is.

Guild Wars 2 combat with telegraphs. Jump bunnies. They are not as original with game mechanics or features as they think. Finally, show new content soon, really looks like hitting spring is not guaranteed. Then again, the announcement coming the 30th could be about beta.

I have zero problems with the graphics, do not mind a single action bar provided I can control whats there, and the few quests they did do look interesting. Their phasing solution will be interesting to play in, as while I did not like it much in Cata phasing in BOP wasn't nearly as bad. Phasing where the world changes but you can reenter the area with someone who hasn't changed the world just don't work out well. They would have to be very careful not to have encounters where a key NPC either dies or goes missing during different phases else people are just not going to get a good experience. Something LOTRO does with there damnable inns and where is Strider now? (hint, usually four loading screens away and you get to do those for loading screens to get back too)
    What phasing solution?

10+ Year Old Account
    No one linked the twitch vid yet?

http://www.twitch.tv/wildstar/c/3145566

Engineer class confirmed about thirty minutes in apparently.

Oh damn, Lou Reeds is gone and the commercial was for the PS4 and it used Perfect Day.

Wow...
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-10-28 at 05:31 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    No one linked the twitch vid yet?
    Hrm...I thought it was already posted as I saw it on FB. I tried watching it, but it was boring beyond belief. Unless their goal is to remind people why the CBT fell flat, I don't see what they're trying to do here. I was just talking to a friend and assumed they are merely establishing a format and have lots of aces up their sleeves(new stuff). Otherwise, they are just pushing a mediocre product to more people and it will result in a very niche, but fiercely loyal (to a fault) legion of players ready to defend them to the minorities on the forums.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    if that looks boring then neverwinter, firefall, tera, wow etc etc are all boring.. it looked like your standard (generic?) mmo. People might be inclined to defend the game because its exactly what they want. They want a new mmo which IS like current mmo's but having its own twist.

I do agree though that it was also a bit slow but its also showing you in more detail the basics, the loot mechanics etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    if that looks boring
    it looked like your standard (generic?) mmo.
    Ding, ding, ding. Advertised as something new. Reality is nothing different. Even you, someone who is trying to defend the game, admitted it instantly.
    People might be inclined to defend the game because its exactly what they want. They want a new mmo which IS like current mmo's but having their own twist etc.
    Like I said, a niche group of people who will unnecessarily argue with other people providing objective criticism. My major point was that the game was reported to be majorly lacking. Instead of waiting until they had the next 'zomg awesome' stuff added to the game, they are playing what everyone has already responded isn't up to par. It makes no sense.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Ding, ding, ding. Advertised as something new. Reality is nothing different. Even you, someone who is trying to defend the game, admitted it instantly. Like I said, a niche group of people who will unnecessarily argue with other people providing objective criticism. My major point was that the game was reported to be majorly lacking. Instead of waiting until they had the next 'zomg awesome' stuff added to the game, they are playing what everyone has already responded isn't up to par. It makes no sense.
    mmo's are a niche market.. doesnt matter which you play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I know what you are saying about it being 'the same but different' basically. It's the same reason why I will play it. I love that gameplay and it's why I'll enjoy playing this one a bit. That doesn't mean it's a good thing for the game or the majority of players or will be a big enough subscriber draw to not go F2P.

- - - Updated - - -

mmo's are a niche market.. doesnt matter which you play.
    Most hilarious quote of the year. *looks at Blizzard**looks back to you**looks at World of Warcraft**Now back to you**eyeroll*(ps, goofy sarcasm not angry sarcasm)
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    okay one out of thousands of mmo's could be considered not to be a niche market.

I just want to see something new it's been forever since I've heard news on something new. Like what are the last two classes in this durn game.

Quote Originally Posted by redwolf2000x View Post
    I just want to see something new it's been forever since I've heard news on something new. Like what are the last two classes in this durn game.
    engineer and medic. they already unveiled the medic and its vacuum cleaners.
    *and they accidentally unveiled the engineer in the background of character creation video
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-10-28 at 07:20 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    okay one out of thousands of mmo's could be considered not to be a niche market.
    Well yes, if we're talking semantics, but I think you know what I mean. Likely we're going to see an MMO landscape where there's no such thing as niche (unless it's like, 50k players and lower) and most games all hover between 200k-1 or 2 Million players. However, that time is not just now and Wildstar is also not advertising or attempting to be niche.

And as such, the problem is that you can't become a niche game unless you have something for someone to make a niche in. At current, Wildstar has nothing that stands out other than being 'new'. It sounds like it will have all the good features from every other MMO, but what game doesn't at this point? I just don't feel their goals match reality at all. The reaction from beta just reinforces that belief.

There's nothing screaming here is your home. Play me until your eyes bleed and play nothing else. Nothing compelling. And this is from someone who wanted it to be just like that. It would be ok if it was F2P and openly declared that it was ok to come and go, to play when you like, to give them money how you see fit...but it's a subscription game. Something has to tell you that this is your game and leave room for little else.

There aren't a lot of games that do that anymore. Eve and WoW basically. One is an example of perfect niche. The other is anexample of consantly innovating and copying to scary perfection.

In any case, I may be eating my words when the game actually launches and I hope I am. I'll definitely be playing WoW 5.0 at that point, so Wildstar is going to have to knock my socks off. Until then, I'm going to be as critical as possible because I'm a consumer and that's my right. I'll really continue to hammer home everything I see as negative in the hopes that I can take offer lots of positives when it actually launches.
    BAD WOLF

Instead of waiting until they had the next 'zomg awesome' stuff added to the game, they are playing what everyone has already responded isn't up to par. It makes no sense.
    They pointed out during the episode that the build he was playing is old.. it's the Pax build and Pax I think was months ago. They also said the first episode was more of a streaming test than anything else. They promised the next episode (next week.. no episode this week) will contain new content from a new build and they suggested it would blow people away so we'll have to wait and see on that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    They pointed out during the episode that the build he was playing is old.. it's the Pax build and Pax I think was months ago. They also said the first episode was more of a streaming test than anything else. They promised the next episode (next week.. no episode this week) will contain new content from a new build and they suggested it would blow people away so we'll have to wait and see on that one.
    Yes, I already assumed as much:
    I was just talking to a friend and assumed they are merely establishing a format and have lots of aces up their sleeves(new stuff).
    But yes, it's a wait and see scenario. It really doesn't matter what MMO company it is, I'm going to believe it when I see it. And even then, I'll probably only believe it when it's live in a game.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    That no-servers-in-EU thing was a misunderstanding.

Of course there are EU servers. If you dig back a few pages someone links a twitter post where they confirm it.

I believe the problem was that in the beta, there aren't EU servers right now and the dude said that the 150 ms wasn't a huge deal for the beta players.

- - - Updated - - -

Found it ^
    Thanks Viscoe. Back to reading the MMOC Wildstar forum I am D:

I think a lot will come down to how they shape endgame with this. Comparing this to EQN, it'll need something to put it over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    I think a lot will come down to how they shape endgame with this. Comparing this to EQN, it'll need something to put it over the top.
    Different demographics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Different demographics.
    Everquest Next will be hardcore, old school, sandbox and Wildstar is casual, semi-action, themepark? Or what do you mean?
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-10-29 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Everquest Next will be hardcore, old school and Wildstar is casual, semi-action? Or what do you mean?
    EQN will have no leveling, positional combat (fencers says that means action combat), dynamic world, building, 1 character that can be many classes.

W* will have a very long leveling process (somehow they are proud of that), semi action combat, I haven't seen any sign of dynamic content besides random BAMs spawning, and traditional classes.

It's a larger difference than GW2 is to Tera.

Well in an attempt to one up their announcements to announce things, Wildstar announced that nothing will be announced in this week's Wildstar Wednesday....