The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosseed View Post
    (looking at the calendar)
    *looks at your post count* Oh look, I can post irrelevant things too!
    Quote Originally Posted by zuttos View Post
    Care to explain about the dev issue?

You're speaking as you played max lvl for awhile.
    No. I'm not speaking as anything... But to your assumption, I'm not sure how a specific area of the game creates a standard that everyone must follow. In other words, you may be asking in sincerity but that question is essentially irrelevant. And it's not worth discussing Carbine and my impression of them, as it creates a firmly divided conversation that is largely unproductive. Instead of grey areas, it becomes armies of white knights versus haters and is silly. Suffice to say, I don't have a lot of faith in their ability to make this game great.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I've become much less enthused ever since I've played it. I enjoy the combat (and ironically I've seen a lot of calls on the official forums to make it more like WoW) but everything else is very much the same as your standard mmo (well housing is pretty cool, I like that as well)
    "standard mmo"

This is what I don't understand. At the end of the day they ( WildStar, RIFT, WoW, ect) don't need to reinvent the MMO. They just need to provide a quality game that works. I cant get over people thinking that there is going to be a magical game that comes out and changes everything in the MMO world as we know it. Do I think WildStar will reach 11 million subs? No I don't, but does a game have to reach this number to be successful...no. Will WildStar be "WoW in space"? Maybe, but I am OK with that...want to know why? Because its different...will there still be quests...yes...will there be trolls in chat....yes....will there be quest that make ZERO sense...yes....will the game be a grind...yes. IMO, as long as the game has fluid game play, is not Pay2Win, and the most important part for me.....something to work for....I need that carrot to chase again.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Well it's not really WoW in space, it's more like wow with a slightly different color wrapper

still, if that's what you are looking for then you'll be plenty satisfied. I agree there is nothing wrong with that. I was just looking for something a bit different I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    *looks at your post count* Oh look, I can post irrelevant things too!
    I'm sure we're all living in 2014 now.
    Why do you think the "estimated release date" is a irrelevant thing? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    I cant get over people thinking that there is going to be a magical game that comes out and changes everything in the MMO world as we know it.
    The person you quoted didn't say that. Most people aren't saying that. So what does this mean?

Well...it is stating the obvious. MMOs are a stale genre in terms of design. That's not really too negative, because that doesn't translate into new MMOs failing or people not wanting to play the genre anymore. But if you stop and think about it, the real heart of the compliments that a lot of people give to new MMOs you have so aptly stated here:
    the most important part for me.....something to work for....I need that carrot to chase again.
    Is it really good that your desire to play this game, after you wipe away all the photshop glamour and hype lingo, is simply that you need a reset on achievements?

That's not really great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosseed View Post
    I'm sure we're all living in 2014 now.
    ...instead of having an actual conversation, you'd rather bring up what is in essence a typo as I clearly meant the coming year. Jesus, they let anyone register for this website these days. Quit wasting our time.
    BAD WOLF

And once again Kelimbror, we can agree to disagree. I will leave it at that.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

MMOs are a stale genre in terms of design.

Is it really good that your desire to play this game, after you wipe away all the photshop glamour and hype lingo, is simply that you need a reset on achievements?That's not really great.
    I am not sure how long it will stay stale, though. Some of the smaller companies have done some, essentially, proof of concept work over the past couple years and so large companies might stop trying to reinvent the everquest. Hopefully. Otherwise I am going to continue playing MMOs no one has heard of.

And yes. Hiya, there's plenty of games that offer carrots already. Unless Wildstar was going to do it far better than the other half a dozen gen 2 MMOs, there's no reason for people to leave their current skinner boxes. You really do have to do something different in order to be successful these days. The market just isn't to keen on more gen 2s (admittedly, this does have SOME elements of gen 3 so I consider it a hybrid. Not everyone is that kind)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Is it really good that your desire to play this game, after you wipe away all the photshop glamour and hype lingo, is simply that you need a reset on achievements?

That's not really great.

- - - Updated - - -
    This one sentence really does put things, not just Wildstar but MMOs, in perspective.

I played SWTOR and loved leveling. We cleared the first raid tier in a month's time, everyone was full decked out before the 2nd tier came in. Honestly, I had a lot of fun, but was burned out. The replay on it was rough. Doing dailies in that was much worse than anything WoW has offered for sometime, imho.

I played GW2. I couldn't get past level 20 without wanting to play WoW.

So I see all these new games coming out. Wildstar grabbed my attention the most. Maybe it was the style, the attitude or whatever. But you really said it best, each time a I try a new game, all I am doing is starting from scratch on an MMORPG and weighing it against WoW. It might have some additional polish, or have some extra goodies, but it is all the same game.

I'll try it anyways; hopefully I'll get into the beta (open maybe?) at some point to make a better decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    And once again Kelimbror, we can agree to disagree. I will leave it at that.
    I'm confused. You're disagreeing with your own words...or? You said the most important thing was that this is a new carrot to chase after. Do you honestly think that's a glowing recommendation of any game? I agree with the draw of the carrots completely. I'm not challenging that. But when that's what we can boil your desire to play down to...well...it just is what it is. I'm starting to feel like I play them just to play them myself, instead of playing them to enjoy them. Call me jaded, but it's exactly why Wildstar's shiny surface eroded rather quickly for me.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    This one sentence really does put things, not just Wildstar but MMOs, in perspective.
    If everyone treated MMOs like they do their other games, they would be much happy.

No game can offer you everything you want. It's why I and others play multiple MMOs, each for it's best quality and, usually, only that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    If everyone treated MMOs like they do their other games, they would be much happy.

No game can offer you everything you want. It's why I and others play multiple MMOs, each for it's best quality and, usually, only that.
    Indeed. People need to stop looking for the "one" mmo that will cure all of their ails. Or not and be forever searching.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post

I really do wish more people thought like this.

At the very least it would stop a large amount of the flame filled game vs game arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wont see a new generation mmo till they invent this:

Right now you cant smell, eat and other real life stuff in mmo. And of cose you are forced to play with keyboard and not with motion sensors.
    There are some similar things...but just not that far.

I say be happy what you get.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    You wont see a new generation mmo till they invent this:
    Heh heh heh... I just hope it happens within the next few decades.

Deleted
    that's a very odd list ...
    I'm not arguing that Wildstar should or shouldn't be on rank 1, but considering Shroud of the Avatar isn't even a "real" MMO (optional multiplayer) and EverQuest is in very, very early developement and won't be out in 2014 (hopefully, they should take their time) - very odd list...

...instead of having an actual conversation, you'd rather bring up what is in essence a typo as I clearly meant the coming year. Jesus, they let anyone register for this website these days. Quit wasting our time.
    ..Sorry about that if you felt I'm trolling you, I didn't meant it :/

I didn't give much hope on this title.
    Since there is still a NDA stands, the only thing I care about is the release date atm,
    and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Heh heh heh... I just hope it happens within the next few decades.
    Unfortunately, there's a handful of economic and material limits that will put a damper on... well, everything.

Never mind that, though. Let's just keep playing our video games while we can.

I don't understand the whine about low difficulty of LOW LVL dungeon bosses in CLOSED BETA that was going on a few pages back. If it's anything like WoW betas, bosses are purposedly undertuned to allow people to see and test whole fights for bugs. And if it's not like in WoW betas, it's still fine, since, yeah, these are just low level dungeons. Actual raid bosses may have much more complicated telegraphs - plus all the rest of the usual mechanics. People that seem to think that any game in CBT is anywhere near the release state should never be allowed into betas.

I have one question that's bugging me, though, that also seems to have been discussed on previous pages, but I didn't find a definite answer : is either of the new classes available for Aurin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I don't think they are quite set on the classes for each race yet, Airlick. currently Aurin's can be a Stalker, Spellslinger, and Esper.

*looks at your post count* Oh look, I can post irrelevant things too!No. I'm not speaking as anything... But to your assumption, I'm not sure how a specific area of the game creates a standard that everyone must follow. In other words, you may be asking in sincerity but that question is essentially irrelevant. And it's not worth discussing Carbine and my impression of them, as it creates a firmly divided conversation that is largely unproductive. Instead of grey areas, it becomes armies of white knights versus haters and is silly. Suffice to say, I don't have a lot of faith in their ability to make this game great.
    Translation: "I bash games for no reason than become defensive when people ask for further explanation".

To say "the game falls apart after extended play" is a statement that requires more explanation.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*