The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Would be interesting if there was a melee / pet class that could ride their pet.
    You can ride druids in WoW now. I turn into a stag, which can be ridden in the world or BGs just like the motorcycles in the game.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I so wish that was true.

I'm just ready for the day to be over too and have tomorrow off.
    Samesies
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You can ride druids in WoW now. I turn into a stag, which can be ridden in the world or BGs just like the motorcycles in the game.
    o_O

hmm.

that is epic.

I support that idea for more MMOs. lol
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    o_O

hmm.

that is epic.

I support that idea for more MMOs. lol
    Yeah, they added a rare mount made via Alchemy in Cata where you transformed into a Sandstone Drake and people could actually ride you for flying. I think there's a couple of mounts like that now. It should have been limited to druids only, but meh.

It's still cool. Maybe mechari can have a racial to transform into a vehicle that multiple people can ride...god that would be so sweet.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah, they added a rare mount made via Alchemy in Cata where you transformed into a Sandstone Drake and people could actually ride you for flying. I think there's a couple of mounts like that now. It should have been limited to druids only, but meh.

It's still cool. Maybe mechari can have a racial to transform into a vehicle that multiple people can ride...god that would be so sweet.
    I forgot that my rogue had that! Man... I was pretty happy with my insane title and dragon form.

DAMN YOU FOR MAKING ME REMEMBER /cry

damn you, sir. damn you.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-03-28 at 06:41 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what some suspect it will be since the first time we've seen us meet what some believe is the 4th Dominion race. They've stuck antennas in the noggins of space rhinos, strapped bombs to them, and want you to kamikaze them into camps of poachers. So having them be mad scientists with all sorts of contraptions would fit quite well.

Personally, story-wise, I suspect that the possibly frankenstein-like 4th Exile race will be the creations of the 4th Dominion race that escaped their control.
    For a moment there i thought you were talking about WoW's goblins =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    For a moment there i thought you were talking about WoW's goblins =P
    I imagine they will be a lot alike. Though these appear fuzzier.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine they will be a lot alike. Though these appear fuzzier.
    Think Gnomblins covered in fur. In fact, Gnomblins would be an awesome name for something.
    BAD WOLF

Think Gnomblins covered in fur. In fact, Gnomblins would be an awesome name for something.
    No goblins and only goblins. Gnomes can't even tell the difference between a robot (twice) and the guy who enslaved gnomergon (twice)

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I just hope the WildStar community does not go through what the TOR community has. I would rather have WSO start small and stay small than have them go through the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I just hope the WildStar community does not go through what the TOR community has. I would rather have WSO start small and stay small than have them go through the same thing.
    Well as small as it is already, it is still pretty divided on opinions and thus easily prone to cutting it's own head off. They really should clarify some of the more controversial issues so that the community can build prior to the game launching instead of wasting time arguing about why things should be certain ways.

I'm obviously a guilty party in that, but it's directly from their lack of clarification about *insert issue you are concerned about*. Some are more minor than others, and some of this is just to be expected, but I think we're moving into an age where certain details like you know what need to be clarified pretty early on.

I know companies don't like to commit to a lot of details, but to not disclose things of that nature up front feels like they are trying to string some people along who might not have stayed if they had the answer from the get go. Whether that's wrong or not, idk.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Well as small as it is already, it is still pretty divided on opinions and thus easily prone to cutting it's own head off. They really should clarify some of the more controversial issues so that the community can build prior to the game launching instead of wasting time arguing about why things should be certain ways.

I'm obviously a guilty party in that, but it's directly from their lack of clarification about *insert issue you are concerned about*. Some are more minor than others, and some of this is just to be expected, but I think we're moving into an age where certain details like you know what need to be clarified pretty early on.

I know companies don't like to commit to a lot of details, but to not disclose things of that nature up front feels like they are trying to string some people along who might not have stayed if they had the answer from the get go. Whether that's wrong or not, idk.
    Feels to me like they are more afraid of spooking us off than trying to string us along.

"One... million... dollars..."
    "Shhh... Not yet. Show them the housing first."

The MMO market is very crowded these days and they may be terrified of scuttling themselves before they even launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    The MMO market is very crowded these days and they may be terrified of scuttling themselves before they even launch.
    I would be inclined to agree if they didn't have such a robust 'in crowd' marketing going on. The videos they launch and the presentations/interviews we see are pretty unabashed.
    BAD WOLF

True, but I can understand the hesitance in confirming somethings. A lot of things can (and usually do) change during beta. Announcing that certain things work a certain way and then having it change when launch happens can piss off people as well.

I've been following this game for a while as it looks to be one of the new hotness MMOs, but the only thing that doesn't sit well is the idea these guys have to "bring back" the "good old days" of EQ style raids that "aren't for casual players". They've gone on record as stating they are going to have 20 and 40 man raids but this seems to be a huge disconnect with the way games are going.

I don't believe their going to do 40 man raids or anything like it. But giant kudos to them if they attempt to. Being the cynical bastard I am I'm going to say that their just building hype by spewing a bunch of bullshit.

Plus I never did 40 man raids, but it must be an enormous hassle to get 40 people together for organized raiding. You'd have to be very dedicated for it for pull off.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-03-29 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Plus I never did 40 man raids, but it must be an enormous hassle to get 40 people together for organized raiding. You'd have to be very dedicated for it for pull off.
    You it's really funny but I was a raid leader and did 40 man raids back in the day... I honestly don't remember how we managed them. Like everything having to do with the organization has been seared from my brain. Though I do remember the extra hour after raids it would take to update everyone's dkp on the website ><

Deleted
    Same, I think the major reason I'm following WildStar is because there is simply nothing out now, nor on the horizon, that even vaguely interests me MMO-wise. I like how little hype and attention WildStar is attracting compared to other projects like Elder Scrolls. After TOR, AoC, WAR, etc, etc... I've developed something like an allergy to hype.

I'm hoping for an MMO that can keep me interested for months at a time, like WoW did. However, I'm doubtful that Carbine, or anyone else at this point, can actually pull it off.
    I think you are right in that part, there's an extreme draught in the mmo field at this point. We know what we have, and most of what we have are letdowns, especially as a pvp players there's no place to turn. I enjoy planetside 2, pure pvp, but if you aren't info FPS and also... there are many viable FPS games out there for people who want to kill other players in game. I imagine many people dont want only this.
    So wildstar says they will try, promise epic things like all the rest. Sounds good on paper, but then again so do pretty much all mmos before launch =) Also there isnt much happening in the mmo field this year and perhaps even next. We got this game, far from being ready. It's obvious that elder scrolls will have pve as focus, and also it's a title far from being released. Firefall is a f2p-game, but then again FPS... we already got plenty of that for pvp. Blade & soul is probably hitting relatively soon, but seems to me like a new shiny kind of Tera, wont be a big hit in west. Archeage is a promising game for sandbox pvp, but then again in the hands of Trion, the masters of ruin good pvp potential in their games... we seen Rift, and now Defiance that had expectations of being good pvp now reviews from beta says "pvp? not good". Pvp seems to be extremely difficult for Trion to manage for some strange reason. So, most likely... archeage is for pve people. Then we got these Daoc-devs or whatev wanting to create a new game for sandbox pvp only, which is really interesting, but it still havent got enough fundings to actually make the game so it's a game far, far away from being reality.
    Leaves us with wildstar, the pretty much only upcoming mmo, not being FPS, that got some ideas and willpower to create competitive pvp. Then it doesnt matter if you like or do not like playing as a cartoon hero, their choice of classes or races or abilities, it's what you get. Hard times for us mmo pvpers =) All we can do is hope wildstar will deliver more than on paper, and they will use a smart business model, but we all know that we shouldnt get our hopes up much =)

Well, I wouldn't say there's a drought, there are 3 major titles in development as we speak that have varying levels of ultra spaz from the mmo players out there. Neverwinter, Elder Scrolls and Wildstar. These are just what we know about, there are others, Blade and soul, Age of Wushu, whatever the hell Titan is, Mark Jacobs I think it is who is making Camelot Unchained, Richard Garriot's what is it, Shadows of the Avatar? That's all just off the top of my head.

This is the most saturated the MMO market has ever been, which is why it's so hard for any game to get big, so much temptation to try something else.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 12:59 PM ----------

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/a...stols-and-home

Penny arcade article on Wildstar, nothing we don't know but, it's out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Panel videos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wanted to make a quick comment on this thread: I played the demo during PAX (after it was fixed from being down Friday) and... I wasn't that happy with it. I played the spellslinger, and I found the movement and targeting to be really clunky. The camera was crazy. It may have been whatever default settings they had it at, but I got frustrated after 10 minutes and left
    Tarnished Coast [CRZY]
    Kumorii - 80 Mesmer
    Chärity - 80 Guardian
    Calinë - 80 Elementalist