Quote Originally Posted by ayimera View Post
    Just wanted to make a quick comment on this thread: I played the demo during PAX (after it was fixed from being down Friday) and... I wasn't that happy with it. I played the spellslinger, and I found the movement and targeting to be really clunky. The camera was crazy. It may have been whatever default settings they had it at, but I got frustrated after 10 minutes and left
    My friends said the same thing.
    Well, to be exact, one of them said "It felt like a five year old video game. They have a lot of catching up to do".

But they tend to be a little critical so I am going to wait to see what beta is like.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I'd wait until you can play around with settings and options before worrying yet about the camera and movement.

An example is when you first play GW2 the camera default setting for some reason is set for the slowest position possible. And I immediately thought similar thoughts of slow and sluggishness. As soon as I changed it to the fastest camera setting I did a 180 thought on the camera and responsiveness. So it could be just a matter of the default settings.

Just wanted to make a quick comment on this thread: I played the demo during PAX (after it was fixed from being down Friday) and... I wasn't that happy with it. I played the spellslinger, and I found the movement and targeting to be really clunky. The camera was crazy. It may have been whatever default settings they had it at, but I got frustrated after 10 minutes and left
    It didn't seem clunky at all in the vids, it's probably just a matter of getting used to it and finding the optimal settings for yourself. I'm not worried, I'm going through it with nearly every new game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I could definitely believe that. The movement on the draken, as an example, just looked odd to me. Hoping it gets better but, honestly, I'm not expecting WSO to keep my interest for more than a couple of months. I'm hoping it does but not really expecting it too.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    You know, I just hope the WildStar community does not go through what the TOR community has. I would rather have WSO start small and stay small than have them go through the same thing.
    i really hope wildstar doesnt get hyped up like star wars or guild wars 2 was. hopefully it seems the next "wowkiller" will be elder scrolls since wildstar seems to be pretty unknown right now
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    To be honest i don't care if it is or isn't going to be the next wow-killer all i know is it will be the next game i try and hopefully enjoy, While i don't know much about it because there team is doing a good job keeping info away from the public which is good because not knowing what to expect gives us less to raise our exceptions far to high which is what has happened with a lot of the past releases in the mmo market.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    To be honest i don't care if it is or isn't going to be the next wow-killer all i know is it will be the next game i try and hopefully enjoy, While i don't know much about it because there team is doing a good job keeping info away from the public which is good because not knowing what to expect gives us less to raise our exceptions far to high which is what has happened with a lot of the past releases in the mmo market.
    Now thats what I call a sentence!

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Now thats what I call a sentence!
    Not sure if you genuinely mean that or your making fun of my English lol :<.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    Not sure if you genuinely mean that or your making fun of my English lol :<.
    Its quite a big sentence because it has no periods or breaks and basically sums up what happened to all the so called MMO Killers, which makes it at the same time a small concise sentence. Imo at least. I agree with your opinion =p

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i really hope wildstar doesnt get hyped up like star wars or guild wars 2 was. hopefully it seems the next "wowkiller" will be elder scrolls since wildstar seems to be pretty unknown right now
    I do too.

The hype created from the developers/creators themselves the last few years with MMO's with the whole 'Just watch, we are going to knock Warcraft from its pedestal as top MMO' is getting stupid. Fans fuel it too of course, but the never ending obsession to topple the giant seems to be the main focus of developing so many games these days, and look at the result But don't get me wrong, getting people excited for your game is a must, but the promises and expectations most companies place on their games is just totally unrealistic.

I haven't personally seen any of that from the Wildstar people in the interviews I've watched, yet anyway. The vibe I'm getting is they want their game to be for veterans gamers who are looking for something new to play, and to get new players into the genre. Now whether or not they will deliver with what they are telling us will be in game remains to be seen, but I will keep my fingers crossed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another dev demo.

Deleted
    Another dev demo.
    Listened to it this morning. If they manage to pull off "housing for pvp"... as in being able to build your own pvp maps, it's a real OMG =) ... I will remain sceptical, but if... they are good :P

Deleted
    can you really build your own pvp maps.. or is it your base. i thought the whole concept was about.. adding your own base onto a neutral zone.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    can you really build your own pvp maps.. or is it your base. i thought the whole concept was about.. adding your own base onto a neutral zone.
    The preview video seemed to explain that you basically build a mini battleground fortress thing that you can challenge other teams to try and assault.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I figure "warplots" are like guild cities in AoC. Which was a neat idea but never worked too well in practice in my opinion. Hopefully Carbine can improve it.

Yeah, I figure "warplots" are like guild cities in AoC. Which was a neat idea but never worked too well in practice in my opinion. Hopefully Carbine can improve it.
    When that game almost died due to amazingly bad launch bugs, I came across like... 1-2 person guilds that were working on building their forts.
    There was something very sad about people building guild forts, which took hundreds of hours to make, when they neither had a guild nor the population to expand their own.
    No one is going to see what they make. and when they someday, probably already did, quit... No one will see or work on it again.

LIFE IS MEANINGLESS
    /cry
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    When that game almost died due to amazingly bad launch bugs, I came across like... 1-2 person guilds that were working on building their forts.
    There was something very sad about people building guild forts, which took hundreds of hours to make, when they neither had a guild nor the population to expand their own.
    No one is going to see what they make. and when they someday, probably already did, quit... No one will see or work on it again.

LIFE IS MEANINGLESS
    /cry
    whats the point of a castle if you cant have it all to yourself?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    whats the point of a castle if you cant have it all to yourself?
    What's the point of having a castle if there's no one to whom you can say "It's only a model"
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to reenacting the taunting scene.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to reenacting the taunting scene.
    I guess the important question is whether attacking forces can build a gigantic wooden rabbit in their attempts to assault your warplot. Or maybe a badger would be better?
    BAD WOLF