Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Since it says class dismissed. And class = mmo class and dismissed = let go/gone and this is on a Wensday. I'm pretty sure its a class reveal.
    Maybe...

It could also be that schools are letting out for summer around now and the kids are rushing home to play the beta.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 01:56 PM ----------

Wildstar has tab target and freeform targeting.
    Sort of freeform.

It's GW2s combat.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Sort of freeform.

It's GW2s combat.
    I thought they did a video of tab targeting was basically GW2 combat and freeform all skills have their own visual indicator on the ground.

Maybe...

It could also be that schools are letting out for summer around now and the kids are rushing home to play the beta.
    I think the earliest a school gets out is may 29th but most schools get out in june 8th-20th

They've shown what the combat's like shit shows on the ground where the spells going to be and it hits everything in that area same goes for healing

I thought they did a video of tab targeting was basically GW2 combat and freeform all skills have their own visual indicator on the ground.

I think the earliest a school gets out is may 29th but most schools get out in june 8th-20th
    A lot of colleges are already out for summer.

Can you find me that video? I am interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post

Sort of freeform.

It's GW2s combat.
    From what I've read, it has less free form attacks than GW2 does (in which you can attack without needing something targeted).

However, I quite like the hybrid combat that GW2 has so I'm fairly sure I'll enjoy Wildstar's combat as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the videos I have seen its mostly gw2's combat, their visual cues are just done better but its the same combat system. The jumping does set it apart though, since it doesn't use the shitty jumping use in other mmos.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Looking at that video Trance posted I have to say that the animations are top notch.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea the animations as well, forgot to mention that in gw you wouldn't see most of those attacks coming.

Main thing with all the things popping up on the ground is how will you know which is going to do the most dmg/stun/whatever to you in PvP & PvE

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe I hadn't seen that video before. This is totally not helpful, but I'm completely hyped for this game. It is my next MMO, without question. Every video, factoid, interview that comes out only reaffirms that I'm going to play this even more.

This is going to be a long year
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I can't believe I hadn't seen that video before. This is totally not helpful, but I'm completely hyped for this game. It is my next MMO, without question. Every video, factoid, interview that comes out only reaffirms that I'm going to play this even more.

This is going to be a long year
    I feel your pain, I want this game now!

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    From the videos I have seen its mostly gw2's combat, their visual cues are just done better but its the same combat system. The jumping does set it apart though, since it doesn't use the shitty jumping use in other mmos.
    http://youtu.be/r2WIWQLWNUE?t=1m27s

1:31

Freeform combat, your attacks do telegraphs. Not close to GW2 combat. The tab targeting which they also have is more GW2 combat.

It's more close to TERA combat minus the crosshair

Quote Originally Posted by TranceMonster View Post
    Ah, yeah. That's not quite what I mean.

You see how there is a targeting marker underneath the mob? So if you use like your basic gun attack, it will hit that target. You don't have to aim. Now, you've had to aim AOE for a long time in MMOs, it's nothing new (IE: hunter's volley). Combat mode makes it more like a 3rd person hack and slash / 3rd person shooter. You end up with a cross hair and have to aim ALL of your attacks.

yea the animations as well, forgot to mention that in gw you wouldn't see most of those attacks coming.
    Well you could if the spell effects were toned down.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was gonna reply to you zito but pretty much what bardarian said, while the visual cues do make it more interesting the basic control scheme is still the same.

I am not saying that the game should be changed... Just that someone make the mod for me, please

And I thought I was the big fps guy. I'm not really bothered by not having that fps style targeting in an mmo.

i was gonna reply to you zito but pretty much what bardarian said, while the visual cues do make it more interesting the basic control scheme is still the same.
    You don't have to aim in GW2, it auto follows unless you dodge. You aim in wildstar like reticule combat so no the basic control scheme isn't the same.. hence why it's called freeform combat and tab target combat separate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I am not saying that the game should be changed... Just that someone make the mod for me, please
    me neither i would just enjoy a mod as well, after all there are still plenty of people who enjoy the hybrid style.