10+ Year Old Account
    So it seems the rumored staff class is non existent. I'm now torn between warrior and stalker. I didn't even give two shits about warrior until I watched more vids and saw the cool abilities they get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    So it seems the rumored staff class is non existent. I'm now torn between warrior and stalker. I didn't even give two shits about warrior until I watched more vids and saw the cool abilities they get.
    I guess they don't have that cool abilities for warrior from what we've seen from the devspeak video in the beta? or any other demos that they've shown before.

Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    I guess they don't have that cool abilities for warrior from what we've seen from the devspeak video in the beta? or any other demos that they've shown before.
    It's hard to differ from warrior abilities and solider abilities.

I was hoping medic skills would be more... electric shocker type things, not a green ray beam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's hard to differ from warrior abilities and solider abilities.

I was hoping medic skills would be more... electric shocker type things, not a green ray beam.
    I wanted to stab friendlies with 4 foot long syringes full of science, like a homage to Pulp Fiction or something.

I hope I dont get a similar experience to GW2 with Wildstar in relation to the classes, in GW2 I found everything but the warrior to be entirely uninteresting which took a lot away from the game for me, I'm not there yet with Wildstar but nothing in particular jumps out at me either. Hoping it's because I don't know everything about them yet, I'll probably try healing first so Medic and Esper are my current choices just based on that.

Have the devs said anything about regions / servers? ie no restrictions on who can play where? *hopes*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Have the devs said anything about regions / servers? ie no restrictions on who can play where? *hopes*
    Probably will go with the standard MMOs server region location i.e U.S(East/West/Central)/EU servers.

Probably will go with the standard MMOs server region location i.e U.S(East/West/Central)/EU servers.
    That's so 2004.

Global servers are where it's at now.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    That's so 2004.

Global servers are where it's at now.
    Yes, just like Neverwinter Online where the "global" servers are located in the US and europeans get 300ms.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Yes, just like Neverwinter Online where the "global" servers are located in the US and europeans get 300ms.
    I have friends in the UK who are getting 50 ms.

So... Don't know what neverwinter you are talking about.

Same with firefall. Global servers, perfect connection.

Aw man, I'm afraid having a class named Medic will give people the impression that you must be a healer. Same as with Priests in Vanilla.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    Aw man, I'm afraid having a class named Medic will give people the impression that you must be a healer. Same as with Priests in Vanilla.
    Sorta like how Warrior = tank? This is an RPG, it's pretty common. Wildstar will outline what each class can do just fine.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Since they have not been officially revealed yet, and our evidence is from client cracks, I hope they have better scifi names than "Engineer" or "Medic." Honestly I'm not a huge fan of "Warrior" either. Stalker isn't too bad, and I like Esper and Spellslinger. The other three just seem a little too plain.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Since they have not been officially revealed yet, and our evidence is from client cracks, I hope they have better scifi names than "Engineer" or "Medic." Honestly I'm not a huge fan of "Warrior" either. Stalker isn't too bad, and I like Esper and Spellslinger. The other three just seem a little too plain.
    I'm thinking it was a toss up between creativity and ease of use. You really don't want people having to do 30 minutes of reading/research to determine if a class is their playstyle. Esper and Spellslinger are pretty simpleto grasp from the names (ESP and someone who slings spells)
    BAD WOLF

That's more expensive then it's worth.

Deleted

I get 250+ no matter what

So

Don't know what neverwinter you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    I get 250+ no matter what

So

Don't know what neverwinter you're talking about.
    You should stop playing that neverwinter and play the neverwinter I am playing.

Your friends are lying to you, Neverwinter is one server in the US split into 4 shards. Pretty sure it's west coast too, getting 50ms from the UK is impossible. No such thing as a 'global' server, someone somewhere has to suffer extra latency if you want US/EU/ETC within the same "instance".

Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    Your friends are lying to you, Neverwinter is one server in the US split into 4 shards. Pretty sure it's west coast too, getting 50ms from the UK is impossible. No such thing as a 'global' server, someone somewhere has to suffer extra latency if you want US/EU/ETC within the same "instance".
    They connect through the EU proxy. (Seems to work just fine for them)

Also, firefall DOES have euro servers. I can just hop between them anytime I want.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-07-13 at 04:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check their IP with pinglooter and you will see where the servers are located.

I am planing to do the same with all servers when the game starts in wildstars to see wich 1 is the most stable.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    I'd actually be happy with a p2p model. I'm ok with forking out £10 a month if it means I get a steady stream of quality content.
    This is not guaranteed with a subscription game. In fact, WoW's latest announcement of extending their cash shop has caused an uproar. If anything we should be campaigning against subscription as they don't even buy you what the did 8 years ago. I much prefer the upfront notions that B2P and many F2P games have now.

But of course, this is a moot point as we're all going to mostly get what we want.
    BAD WOLF