10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Opinions are a thing, personally I love the combat and how it plays out in raids/dungeons. Hard to go back to tab target or button bloated rotations (like FFXIV and SWTOR).

So not FTFY, although housing is over exaggerated; no one ever talks about its shit controls outside of addons or the like.
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2016-07-25 at 06:50 PM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Deleted
    The housing is really awesome tbh

Nothing hardcore outside of raids, been that way for over a year...they had to change it because new players could not do the content! Lots of players still can't move dodge and skill shot. Other games brain washed them not to think...tab target....stand still....button mash till the target is dead

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Lots of players still can't move dodge and skill shot. Other games brain washed them not to think...tab target....stand still....button mash till the target is dead
    Can we stop this nonsense already? This is why folks dislike the WildStar community, because they pretend to be superior to everyone else and that other games are "simple" or "easy" for...raisins, I'm not sure.

This isn't remotely true at all. Even amongst tab target/static combat games, there can be an incredible amount of movement during encounters on top of usual rotations and fight mechanics. Not to mention there are a number of other proper action combat games or psuedo-action combat games a la WildStar that have been on the market for years.

Issues arose primarily from things like WildStar doing a terrible job of teaching players about interrupts and how important they were early on, something they've been progressively working to address since launch.

Yeah, WildStar gets a lot of undeserved hate from folks, even years after launch. But this isn't helping things at all, it's not helping to bring more people into the game or presenting the game/it's community in a positive light. It drives people away.

And spoilers: those folks that can't figure out a lot of the basics in WildStar are the same folks that can't figure out the basics in tab target/static combat MMO's either. They're the ones standing in avoidable AoE's and dying, the ones incapable of target switching, and oblivious about fight mechanics. Has nothing to do with those "easy" tab target/static combat MMO's and everything to do with some people just being plain awful at video games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

And spoilers: those folks that can't figure out a lot of the basics in WildStar are the same folks that can't figure out the basics in tab target/static combat MMO's either. They're the ones standing in avoidable AoE's and dying, the ones incapable of target switching, and oblivious about fight mechanics. Has nothing to do with those "easy" tab target/static combat MMO's and everything to do with some people just being plain awful at video games.
    I can agree with some that....but those other games let the players get away it but at the end of the day it all comes down to opinions! And those opinions only come to the front, when you MODS let the gutter and troll posters run riot in the thread.....so there

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Nah, some people still play From Steam alone they have solid 600 to 1300 users non-stop http://steamcharts.com/app/376570
    you say that as if thats impressive....

10+ Year Old Account
    I can agree with some that....but those other games let the players get away it but at the end of the day it all comes down to opinions! And those opinions only come to the front, when you MODS let the gutter and troll posters run riot in the thread.....so there
    Oh please, your advertising and distortion of reality is as much of a trolling as anything else. As contrary to what you may try to push, Wildstar is a pretty mediocre game and the only truly amazing thing it has is housing, while everything else is either mediocre like your much touted "action" combat or outright terrible like quality polish, content release and support.

I just pity the guys who take the bait and waste their time on this PoS like I did when it launched, so I feel morally obliged to warn people from trying this dying game.

7+ Year Old Account
    The more telling part of that chart is that despite being new to Steam, it's already dwindling. If we aren't there already, it's soon headed for the same population prior to a steam release that consists of those die-hard fans that are still having a blast with the game.

Hopefully I'm wrong, though. It's definitely a better game now than at launch. It deserves to be played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we stop this nonsense already? This is why folks dislike the WildStar community, because they pretend to be superior to everyone else and that other games are "simple" or "easy" for...raisins, I'm not sure.
    Damn straight, this is the exact thing I was talking about - terrible community that EVEN NOW is arrogant to the bone with some sort of superiority complex because apparently dodging damned telegraphs and landing some rare narrow skillshots is a pinnacle of human evolution and they reached this enlightenment compared to WoW plebs who must be drooling on their damned keyboards.

Take that and multiply it by 100 and this is what we were having on launch at slightest complaint.

Honestly, I am literally SHOCKED they still have this attitude, I'd expect they would be a bit more humble seeing the train-wreck this kind of attitude led to, but no.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-07-25 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Damn straight, this is the exact thing I was talking about - terrible community that EVEN NOW is arrogant to the bone with some sort of superiority complex because apparently dodging damned telegraphs and landing some rare narrow skillshots is a pinnacle of human evolution and they reached this enlightenment compared to WoW plebs who must be drooling on their damned keyboards.

Take that and multiply it by 100 and this is what we were having on launch at slightest complaint.

Honestly, I am literally SHOCKED they still have this attitude, I'd expect they would be a bit more humble seeing the train-wreck this kind of attitude led to, but no.
    Agree with you there. Also another thing to try to call someone out for trolling/baiting when she herself does it if you search post history.

edit: Just to clarify that, not you Gaidax on the trolling/baiting.

I agree. Unforunatelly some people never change and mentioned players are the perfect example - they never change. When WildStar finally goes down they will find themselves another MMO (I dunno which one yet) or just go back to WoW Heroic & Mythic raiding to fullfill their elitist needs. It's very sad.

I can agree with some that....but those other games let the players get away it
    Some do, some don't. It's silly to pretend that that's how all the content in those games is, or even the majority. Most of them offer plenty of challenging content alongside their easier content, and that's just fine.

but at the end of the day it all comes down to opinions!
    It does, but talking down to folks who play other games by misrepresenting their games as "easy" and somehow "lesser" games isn't going to earn WildStar any more fans or support.

And those opinions only come to the front, when you MODS let the gutter and troll posters run riot in the thread.....so there
    If you feel anyone is breaking rules with their posts, you're welcome to report them so that mods can review their post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    The more telling part of that chart is that despite being new to Steam, it's already dwindling.
    Erm...that's commonplaces for any game released on Steam. Big initial spike followed by a dwindling of concurrent players for a while. I mean, they definitely didn't get anywhere as big of a bump in new players through Steam as they could have had they bothered to put some marketing effort behind the Steam launch when it happened (and not launched right before E3), but according to Micah "steam does all the marketing for you", but even MMO's that have had big launches on Steam have seen their playerbases shrink afterwards.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-07-25 at 09:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Erm...that's commonplaces for any game released on Steam. Big initial spike followed by a dwindling of concurrent players for a while. I mean, they definitely didn't get anywhere as big of a bump in new players through Steam as they could have had they bothered to put some marketing effort behind the Steam launch when it happened (and not launched right before E3), but according to Micah "steam does all the marketing for you", but even MMO's that have had big launches on Steam have seen their playerbases shrink afterwards.
    I'm aware that release numbers are generally inflated on their own. :P

More the point I was attempting to get at is comprised of 1) the initial spike really wasn't that large and 2) given the number is relatively small already, they can't afford to lose too many. If the continue to fall into RIFT numbers (heaven forbid they hit AION F2P numbers), those last glimmers of hope from people wanting steam launch to give new life to the game will surely be fading out.

I'm not bringing the attitude because of the game itself. I'm just saying whats the point of throwing dirt in here when it will just cause arguing back and forth? And yes Wildstar did suicide itself by only catering to 1 type of audience which is the most stupid thing an MMO can do in this day and age. If Wildstar had had some casual content and no sub it probably would have done a bit better on launch imo. Sub with the type of game Wildstar was on launch just does not work today. And I sadly believe it will be shut down within the next year or two. A lot of MMO's are recently going the way of the dodo or looking like it. I think one of the big next ones after Wildstar will probably be RIFT personally.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-07-25 at 10:17 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why did this thread get so angsty? The game has a lot of faults, but it quite charming. Ignore rabid fan bullshitters like the one here and just play the game. There's not a lot of variety at end game, even now, but the combat is fun (read: not revolutionary) and the aesthetic is cool (read: not never seen before) and the housing is actually the best there is, simply because it has a better interface and usability than Rift's exact same system.

But all of this is silly to talk about. This thread would be better served to highlight any content updates, should they ever ever come.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Pretty unnecessarily salty there man. Don't really see the purpose in shitting on the "last guy" who enjoys the game as if they have anything to do with whatever made you salty about it.
    Those people definitely caused damage by telling the Wildstar devs that everything they do is perfect when they were actually making horrible mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    But all of this is silly to talk about. This thread would be better served to highlight any content updates, should they ever ever come.
    Well, the heroes evolved update came a few weeks ago! So probably nothing new for a while outside of any holiday events.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the heroes evolved update came a few weeks ago! So probably nothing new for a while outside of any holiday events.
    Yeah, but most of it was just...pay more money to have different options, otherwise keep playing Arcterra for higher gear. It's like the Timeless Isle, minus all the fun. So basically it's like Tanaan Jungle. :-/

That's not entirely true, because it's more like a cross between them. Arcterra felt more fun at first, but got more boring in less time. Idk...I tried, but end game without enough diversity just left me hanging. I felt better just doing the same old Crimson Badlands dailies than playing any other content. And at the end of the day, just like with Rift I hit the gear progression wall almost immediately with no way to improve.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Those people definitely caused damage by telling the Wildstar devs that everything they do is perfect when they were actually making horrible mistakes.
    Problem is all MMO communities have it though. A good example and sorry to off topic a bit here is Rift. The forums are a mess of white knights and any form of criticism and bam deleted.

Yeah, but most of it was just...pay more money to have different options, otherwise keep playing Arcterra for higher gear. It's like the Timeless Isle, minus all the fun. So basically it's like Tanaan Jungle. :-/
    I played Timeless Isle (briefly) on a PvP server outnumbered around 5:1, so there was no fun : P

I may try to do a bit more of the Arcterra grind, did a week or so of it when I hit cap and it's kinda bleh. If you don't have the numbers to complete the bosses it's mostly useless, sadly.

That's not entirely true, because it's more like a cross between them. Arcterra felt more fun at first, but got more boring in less time. Idk...I tried, but end game without enough diversity just left me hanging. I felt better just doing the same old Crimson Badlands dailies than playing any other content. And at the end of the day, just like with Rift I hit the gear progression wall almost immediately with no way to improve.
    Yeah, it got old for me super quick too. Though I've never really done too many other daily zones either. I should at least try to fill out a few more slots to start running hardmode dungeons to see if I can heal them. Did manage to get a hardmode adventure in and completed the quest so that was good. But keep getting distracted with other games to finish getting my medic ready -_-

Guess I'll try to get the gear this weekend since I have a bit of vacation time. Now to just figure out where to fit it in with Tera/FFXIV (free 5 days)/Neverwinter (PS4)/Mad Max/GW2 living story and other shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Problem is all MMO communities have it though. A good example and sorry to off topic a bit here is Rift. The forums are a mess of white knights and any form of criticism and bam deleted.
    I think it's fair to call it out in any MMO community then.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.