Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    So wait, you're judging an entire game because of how its open beta was? Words cannot describe how hard I just facepalmed

I agree with Wildstar having the best events aswell. Winterfest and Shade's Eve are the best things ever.
    Dude all the whiteknights defended that game for so long and suddenly game does not have any players left, so now who is right? Whiteknights or players who left for right reasons.

Actually I predicted that game will go down easily.

And yes often open beta can guarantee quality of a game, its 95% finished game and game engine cannot be changed more.
    Last edited by mmocc38dedb5a3; 2016-12-03 at 02:04 PM.

Deleted
    Servers down for 3 days at a time, broken quest lines resulting in players grinding mobs for 1 or 2 lvl's in between, end zone not complete and empty when lots of players reached it....oh wait that was wow.

What I'm really saying is.....Wildstar was broken and still beta for it's first year! It's not now, for the most part it's a very polished game now. Maybe it's to late ? But that does not change the fact it's nothing like it was

Posting Wildstars got the best dungeons/raids, best housing, best holiday events, they are not being a white knight....just telling the truth ^^

Wildstar did a lot of things right. Dungeons, Raids, Combat System, Housing, Wardrobe, etc, are all the best in the industry...

... the rest however, was completely whacked from the get go. Optimization, systems, zone planning, itemization, currencies, crafting, extremely hard\long attunement process, challenges, bla bla bla... the game had severe issues from beta that weren't solved for a long time. They fixed some\most of them, but the game is fucked already, too many issues and bad rep.

That being said, Wildstar was the game i most enjoyed playing since WoW's TBC... it was unbelievable, challenging, fresh... even setting foot inside Genetic Archives for the first time is something i'll always remember fondly.

Wish the best to Wildstar, but i don't think it will recover :|

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Servers down for 3 days at a time, broken quest lines resulting in players grinding mobs for 1 or 2 lvl's in between, end zone not complete and empty when lots of players reached it....oh wait that was wow.

What I'm really saying is.....Wildstar was broken and still beta for it's first year! It's not now, for the most part it's a very polished game now. Maybe it's to late ? But that does not change the fact it's nothing like it was

Posting Wildstars got the best dungeons/raids, best housing, best holiday events, they are not being a white knight....just telling the truth ^^
    No but dumping on other games to try and make yours look better is. Would love to know these broken quest lines you speak of though. Played since late Wrath and each expansion for me has had working quests at the start and maybe 1 bugged one that was fixed in a hotfix a day later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No but dumping on other games to try and make yours look better is. Would love to know these broken quest lines you speak of though. Played since late Wrath and each expansion for me has had working quests at the start and maybe 1 bugged one that was fixed in a hotfix a day later.
    Was not dumping on anything, just pointing out that wow was not always the polished game it is now! Games can and do improve PM the owner of these forums and ask them if anything I said was wrong...I know I was there.

Was not dumping on anything, just pointing out that wow was not always the polished game it is now! Games can and do improve PM the owner of these forums and ask them if anything I said was wrong...I know I was there.
    No you really were. Just stop trying. When you have to dump on other games with snide remarks to make yours appear better that is the pure definition of what you claimed you were not doing. Also actually posting something as "is the best" is a matter of opinion. Personally I thought the dungeons were crap. Only decent thing was the housing and raids. So again stop trying to post your opinion as "truth" because it's beyond petulant.

Going back to your first point would love to know which end zone was incomplete and empty. Because Vanilla had people running dungeons at late 50 to get geared along with Winterspring, Silithus and Blasted Lands, TBC had Netherstorm and Shadowmoon, Wrath had Icecrown and Storm Peaks, Cata had Twilight Highlands, MoP had Dread Wastes, WoD had Nagrand and the buff from Spires usually trickled some extra XP when you were questing in that zone and Legion you can actually ding 110 before even finishing the story that the zones are tied to just through questing.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-03 at 09:31 PM.

Deleted
    Now your just avoiding the truth and the point I was getting across, Vanilla wow like Wildstar was a broken mess for the first year

The forums are full of opinions...but there is a reason I now only post here, it's because I play Wildstar! Why are you in the thread ?

Now your just avoiding the truth and the point I was getting across, Vanilla wow like Wildstar was a broken mess for the first year

The forums are full of opinions...but there is a reason I now only post here, it's because I play Wildstar! Why are you in the thread ?
    Because I'm entitled to opinion and debate that is what a forum is about. Just like every other poster here. Also no you are avoiding my responses. You made a claim that it was broken. I disproved that claim. Now you are just changing the matter at hand. You made snide remarks about a game to make yours sound better. Do not act like you did not. I know for a fact people got to 60 in Vanilla just fine hell I watched friends do it when we used to do our LAN parties as kids without complaint.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-03 at 09:39 PM.

Talking about other games in a thread about Wildstar is pointless, it doesn't matter.

What matters is Wildstar, yes, it was a shitshow at release, that doesn't matter now, nor does comparing it to other shit shows.

Wildstar is in a far more polished state now. That's what matters, who gives a fuck about other mmorpgs when we aren't talking about them,
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Talking about other games in a thread about Wildstar is pointless, it doesn't matter.

What matters is Wildstar, yes, it was a shitshow at release, that doesn't matter now, nor does comparing it to other shit shows.

Wildstar is in a far more polished state now. That's what matters, who gives a fuck about other mmorpgs when we aren't talking about them,
    Exactly. I don't even know why the comparison was made in the first place other than to take a snipe at another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exactly. I don't even know why the comparison was made in the first place other than to take a snipe at another game.
    At this point, Mini just seems like a troll whose intention is for us to hate the Wildstar community and by extension, the game. All through the disguise of an overzealous fan who can't handle criticism.

Throwing them on ignore did wonders.

--------

To the point. Still playing Wildstar after getting back into it over a month ago. But not as much as I did when I first returned.
    Can never find Adventure groups unless there's a T3 Contract for it, at which point people only want to do a rush of the MOBA style adventure.
    Dungeons are meh and don't feel very rewarding.
    Pugging raid content is somewhat ok, but obviously it suffers the same issue WoW has. People have overly high standards for a "quick clear" where nobody really needs loot except the carry.

RP is ok, but a few core members of the community have begun grinding my gears. Incredibly self-centered, shameless self plugging when discussing someone -else's- artwork or creations, and constantly seeks to be the center of the conversation. About 4 people are like this in the RP community, but they're always on and always go to every RP event. Hard avoiding that when the community isn't that large.

Housing is great, but better tools would be lovely for building. Katia's addon does wonders for this aspect of the game, but it isn't perfect.

Overall the game has a lot of fun/potential, but is held back now by a very low population. I've had zero success getting friends back into the game, especially after the shit show that was release. Along with the highly toxic RP community that existed on release too. They had a chance to try and revitalize with the Steam release, but I feel it fell flat on its face.

I've sort of enjoyed myself, but don't see myself staying for much longer. The RP Community is the only thing that seems to keep my interest, but when the community is so small that you keep running into the same people over and over, it becomes tedious. It especially gets bad if there's someone you do not like in that tiny community.

----
    As a side note, I feel there's a major lack of guild variety too.
    There's no major RP guilds anymore, just a basic "we rp guild, join if you have no home" type. RP Circles are mostly just cliques or "This is Firefly-Wannabe RP". Other guilds that exist either focus on PVP or Raiding. I would say PVE, but none ever mention doing Dungeons, Adventures, or Expeditions.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Just going to say, if you have to point out bugs from a game that was release over a decade ago. To compare them to a game that was released a year or 2 ago. You have a shit game.

Technology advances, if you are still a decade behind, having the same issues other developers had back then, but not now. You should give up and quit.

It was a mess because the game blew the fuck up in a way no other MMO ever has before. Their servers were flat out unable to handle the extreme loads they were seeing in a way that no other game has seen since, not WildStar or SWTOR or GW2 or ESO or any other MMO.

Also, it launched in 2004, WildStar launched in 2014. Comparing the two launches, especially with how much technology (hardware and software) has improved over the past decade is hilarious. The comparison is hilariously irrelevant.

Let's not make pointless posts just to try to bash unrelated MMO's though, thanks.

Kinda hopping onto the end of your convo here, didn't go back and read what led up to this.

This kind of comparison is a false equivalence these days, and I say that as someone who frequently goes back and plays games a year+ later and enjoys the polish that came later on. It genuinely doesn't work that way, you need to be as polished as your competitors to be competitive. Vanilla was as polished as anything else in the market at the time, it was an entirely different market and time.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It was a mess because the game blew the fuck up in a way no other MMO ever has before. Their servers were flat out unable to handle the extreme loads they were seeing in a way that no other game has seen since, not WildStar or SWTOR or GW2 or ESO or any other MMO.

Also, it launched in 2004, WildStar launched in 2014. Comparing the two launches, especially with how much technology (hardware and software) has improved over the past decade is hilarious. The comparison is hilariously irrelevant.

Let's not make pointless posts just to try to bash unrelated MMO's though, thanks.
    That is probably the most useless biased nonsense post you've ever made you just jumped on the server part!!! My reference was and still is: Games can and do get better with age, bad design and unfinished...that's got nothing to do with technology, that's MMO's since day one...sadly most games are not given the chance to age and mature.

That is probably the most useless biased nonsense post you've ever made you just jumped on the server part!!! My reference was and still is: Games can and do get better with age, bad design and unfinished...that's got nothing to do with technology, that's MMO's since day one...sadly most games are not given the chance to age and mature.
    While I get what you're saying, and agree, the example you were attempting to make with WoW and it's first year is not a good one. The majority of the issues WoW had at the beginning were in the support of the game and how it just flat out could not support that many players at the same time so things broke. Once the infrastructure was fixed, most of the in game issues were as well.

Wildstar having those same problems 10 years later is laughably inexcusable, especially when some of the developers of Wildstar were ex WoW devs who saw all that shit happen.

Also, again due to Wildstar being released in 2014, a year in which at least a dozen other MMOS existed (or had existed...my point is a developer in 2014 has a shitload of other peoples work to draw inspiration, ideas and data from), as ex Blizzard devs who have experience developing a game there's even less of an excuse for the shit show that was Wildstar launch.

As I've stated before, I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Wildstar, even at launch, but even if it's a shining example of a strong MMO now, IMO there are too many stronger contenders in the MMO space that provide a comprehensively better experience than Wildstar.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...december-2016/

A very awesome mini patch for you housing lovers!
    - Account wide dyes
    - Color changing on décor
    - Color changing on other housing materials

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...ing-into-2017/

This post was rather vague and I am sure we will get more in another post soontm
    It felt more like a reassurance that Wildstar will in fact still be around throughout 2017
    While they didn't mention a lot, we do know quite a bit of whats coming in the next year
    - new dungeon
    - New Expedition
    - Redmoon Horror: Hardmode (ulduar style) encounters of all raids
    - New zone(s) (potentially more than 1)
    - More race/class combinations
    - and more...

It will be a good year for Wildstar fans for sure.
    WILDSTAR, The best f2p themepark mmorpg! Play today! http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetoplay/
    Come join me and thousands of others

Account wide dyes is great, I hope they continue to make more unlocks account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Account wide dyes is great, I hope they continue to make more unlocks account wide.
    Every MMO everywhere needs to consider making more things account-wide...

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Every MMO everywhere needs to consider making more things account-wide...
    So much amen to this.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson