10+ Year Old Account
    Nevermind, looks like I found my answer from the FAQ page:

In between pre-order going live and launch, there will be four beta partner weekends. While everyone else will be required to obtain a key to participate in the beta weekend, you will have immediate access to each event. The currently scheduled weekends are:
    Friday, March 21st, 7:00AM PDT through Sunday, March 23rd, 11:59PM PDT
    Friday, April 4th, 7:00AM PDT through Sunday, April 6th, 11:59PM PDT
    Friday, April 18th, 7:00AM PDT through Sunday, April 20th, 11:59PM PDT
    Friday, May 2nd, 7:00AM PDT through Sunday, May 4th, 11:59PM PDT
    So if I'm understanding that right, I should just be able to log in and play the Beta.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Well, guess my information was 100% incorrect. Gonna just quietly excuse myself as I have no idea wtf I'm talking about...

>.> <,<

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor -Edge-

Quote Originally Posted by Gaige View Post
    I think this will do it. http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/wildstar
    Not sure, haven't been keeping up on these. If it fails, wouldn't hurt to buy the game or ask a friend.
    You can only get It If u have IGN Prime account,
    And before I buy the game Id like to try the beta first

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    This is the best thing about the game at the moment people are used to bullshit LFR X-server give Wildstar 6months to a year and people will prefer non-LFR MMO's.
    Oh I hate LFR, trust me I hope one doesn't get put in Wildstar. I'm hoping Blizzard's learns their mistake & removes it aswell.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Oh I hate LFR, trust me I hope one doesn't get put in Wildstar. I'm hoping Blizzard's learns their mistake & removes it aswell.
    Blizzard's ego is too big for that to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    You can only get It If u have IGN Prime account,
    And before I buy the game Id like to try the beta first
    Try this one, the easiest access into the game so far, got my friend a beta key from that site aswell.

http://www.dealspwn.com/wildstar-wee...eaway-4-171322

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Agree. It is so much better typing all night in lfg. Can't wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    So my beta key has been expired /cry
    Any Ideas where I can get a new one ?
    Google

You need to get an EU or NA key, a NA key won't work if you are in the EU etc.

Or just look here https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...of-april-2014/

Deleted
    Anyone know just how viable engineers are as tanks without using bots? I love the idea of ranged tanking (I loved powertech in SWTOR) but tend not to like pet classes too much.

The makers of Eve just posted a 24 million loss, and layoffs are imminent. The loss comes from a failed attempt to produce a World of Darkness MMO into which they sunk 54 million. The word is the remaining employees will be creating eve content only.

Blizzard however can scrap Titan after several years and work on a constantly rebooting Diablo III for 7 years and still post profits. It just goes to show that targeting the top 10% is not an ideal business strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    so, around 40 minutes til Beta? Or have I got the times wrong?

I'm following this: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...+3&csz=1&swk=1

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The makers of Eve just posted a 24 million loss, and layoffs are imminent. The loss comes from a failed attempt to produce a World of Darkness MMO into which they sunk 54 million. The word is the remaining employees will be creating eve content only.

Blizzard however can scrap Titan after several years and work on a constantly rebooting Diablo III for 7 years and still post profits. It just goes to show that targeting the top 10% is not an ideal business strategy.
    I was about to question how any gaming company could spend $54 million developing an MMO but then read WoW cost $63 million to release. I can't work it out in my head why it costs so much money. I'd love to see the break down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post

Another hour after that.

http://ws-countdown.herokuapp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I was about to question how any gaming company could spend $54 million developing an MMO but then read WoW cost $63 million to release. I can't work it out in my head why it costs so much money. I'd love to see the break down.
    Estimated (no official numbers have been released, to my knowledge) costs for SWTOR are somewhere around $150-200 million, and GTA5 even more than that.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I think a lot of people don't realize how much MMO’s cost to make. A lot of people think they are like garage bands but the truth of the matter is there is more to a game than just art assets and a few dudes in flip flops behind a computer. There are no MMO’s made in garages like garage bands. Money is the fuel behind any MMO and when you have to go to investors for liquid capitol those investors expect thier investments to pay a profit back. A lot of people think investors are evil corporate entities but that is usually because they are not investing in video games. If they sunk thier resources into a game they would change thier tunes instantly.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Another hour after that.

That was 10 years ago when produced games were a hell of lot cheaper, back then you got several good games released every month and people were spoiled for choice. Now we have to wait months between AAA releases and in the meantime make do with cheap indie games or low budget games no one has heard about until they appear on steam.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Another hour after that.

thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post

It's a bit of a mess during daylight saving, since GMT isn't changed.
    If they actually mean GMT, then it's in 1 hour (from this post).

If not, then it's right now.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Just for example lets say 100 people worked on the MMO with an average salary of 60k$/year which is a very conservative estimate as for example the average software developer in the USA makes about 80k$ a year afaik and the upper management certainly makes much more than that. In the case of World of Darkness it was in development 7-8 years (first mentions of it are from 2006), which with my numbers would immediately get you over 40 millions $. Just add to that all the hardware and software licenses you need to buy to develop a game, day to day expanses for the studio (bills, rent, etc), some taxes and you are easily in the 50 million range. Now if you are close to release you will probably have some marketing costs in the form of advertising and deployment of the servers for the game and there you go, 50+ millions easy peasy. I'm sure there are other costs I didn't think of in the few minutes it took me to write this response, but as you can see it's fairly easy to get to these big numbers.
    Last edited by mmoc3e45b10508; 2014-04-18 at 01:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what the relevance is of CCP compared to Carbine, seeing WoD got shut down to re-focus on their main game. What generally had very little to do with their mmo side of the business but everything after Dust not reaching the numbers they wanted to see, in other words the CEO and board over shot their ambitions and now need to temper those and restructure to not run into financial issues, as often those projects are calculated many years in advance based on estimated profits and growth numbers.

Blizzard can do what they can due to previous game successes and having a large amount of capital backing them since going public. It never is all that simple as one thinks. One must also not assume that blizzard future projects have a major team behind them, they don't until they are really finalized. They also have the luxury of shifting resources from one project to another without dismissing large teams and re-acquiring them when needed.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins