Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    What??? How would anyone even try to argue that? o.O
    Here is the OP. Best part is when he says it's nothing like Eve Online.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The CREDD system is used to allow players the opportunity to extend their subscription time for a month without using an external payment source to subscribe with. In order to do this, there has to be someone to buy it directly from Carbine's website so that they can put it up on the Commodities Exchange. Then, it's not an instantaneous influx of gold given to the seller as soon as it's listed -- there still has to be a player willing to pay for the CREDD on the CX. This is someone who had spent plenty of time farming for the gold so that they could use it to purchase the CREDD.

This isn't like EVE Online where selling PLEX automatically gives you around four-hundred million ISK from the get-go. CREDD will be a market on its own, its price will be determined by a demand for it, and it is still a trading commodity between two players. It, then, circulates that gold around the economy because the person who sold the CREDD will use that gold to buy things that they want / need -- mounts, dyes, costume pieces, housing accessories, crafting mats, even non-tier gear -- most of which are sold on the player-run auction house.

So no, it's not like buying gold.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    Lol. I guess they don't realize that when people buy gold in other games someone farms for that as well. Whether through hacking accounts or bots, it's still farmed from the economy. They are tripping over the difference between EVE generating ISK like a money printing machine (not even sure if it does that, but maybe) and distributing currency from players. The net result is someone pays money and has more gold than they did before. Regardless of where it comes from....that person needs to take a night class in economics.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It's not buying gold, it's just a hybrid payment model. Here at Carbine we are all about providing options to play our game, which is why we have a hybrid model coming your way. When we say hybrid, we mean subscription only with gold buying!
    I guess the devs themselves saying part of the motivation was to provide a legitimate and safe way for people to buy gold doesn't matter.

@Disciples - I sort of see what he's saying. I mean yea if you by Credd there is no guarantee you'll be able to sell it for "enough" or even any gold. But he's mostly confused otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Espers just seem thematically broken; they have to stand still to cast a lot of their abilities, and in a game where movement is key, so to avoid enemy attacks, they seem mechanically weaker than those that can move AND act at the same time.

So I have a question to any high level Esper. How does turret gameplay pay off in high level things? It's obvious what the disadvantages are, but what advantages does this style of playing give?
    The only stationary spell is the initial psi-point builder, which you can replace at level 11 for a mobile one (at shorter range, as a downside). So yea, seems like you didn't really understand what was going on :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    You only have one spell that isn't mobile...
    2*

Their starter psi builder and their innate.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The only stationary spell is the initial psi-point builder, which you can replace at level 11 for a mobile one (at shorter range, as a downside). So yea, seems like you didn't really understand what was going on :P
    Psychic Frenzy is really weak tho. Like, REALLY weak. It does less damage, it takes almost 2x longer to gain 1 psi point and it feels clunky as well.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2014-05-16 at 07:29 PM.

Deleted
    I think that he is arguing is that you are not buying gold in the sense that no new gold is introduced to the system (as if you could pay 10€ and get 1k gold that Carbine created for you). The problem is that it doesn't make sense to say that is nothing like PLEX. It¨s different, but not that much. It's just that it goes to a different AH, where only the item with the lowest price is displayed, so yes, unless you put your CREDD to sell at the lowest price, you don't know where and if will sell, and cannot know how the market is. Ie, there is 10 CREDD at 2k, 8587 at 4k, 654637 at 5k. Only the CREDD at 2k appears, so you don't know nothing about the market and cannot really play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Lol. I guess they don't realize that when people buy gold in other games someone farms for that as well. Whether through hacking accounts or bots, it's still farmed from the economy. They are tripping over the difference between EVE generating ISK like a money printing machine (not even sure if it does that, but maybe) and distributing currency from players. The net result is someone pays money and has more gold than they did before. Regardless of where it comes from....that person needs to take a night class in economics.
    I assumed the guy hasn't played Eve and thinks you just buy PLEX and then go get it in game and sell it to a vendor. Even without the dumb Eve statement he makes no sense. There is no other reason to buy it besides gold. Someone was arguing you could use it to give yourself game time later on. Because paying 20 bucks for something that you could pay 15 for is fun!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    I think that he is arguing is that you are not buying gold in the sense that no new gold is introduced to the system
    But this is a completely different argument than what he presented. If gold is gained by bots and hackers, it's no different than fabricating it into the game. It's also not relevant as the only basis of determining buying gold is if you pay cash and can turn it into in game currency, which you can. Thus, you can buy gold. It's a pretty black and white line.

- - - Updated - - -

I assumed the guy hasn't played Eve and thinks you just buy PLEX and then go get it in game and sell it to a vendor. Even without the dumb Eve statement he makes no sense. There is no other reason to buy it besides gold. Someone was arguing you could use it to give yourself game time later on. Because paying 20 bucks for something that you could pay 15 for is fun!
    Sounds like it.
    BAD WOLF

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, the stationary spells arent really that huge of an issue for Espers.

TKS has a fairly long range and you have other stuff to generate PSI-points with while moving to regain some distance / dodging stuff... You can generate like 4 psi-points almost instantly while moving if you use both Concentrated Blade stacks and Bolster stacks. And then theres Spectral Swarm which is instant and it generates a point as well.

And unless they've changed something you can use the melee-PSI-builder which can be used while moving, as well as the other ranged one which kinda needs to be channeled to full before unleashing (which makes it a bit awkward to use)... Though you can cast that one while moving as well.

Have they made Soothe mobile again? If not, then the healing can be a bit of a pain if you have to move a lot as both of the main psi-building heals (Soothe and the targeted one?) are stationary :/

But overall I really like the fact that all of your stuff is not mobile.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the questing is boring you try leveling through pvp or dungeons. That's what I'm going to do. 6-20 I'll be pvping, rest I will be dungeoning.

I'm reading a funny thread where people are trying to say CREDD isn't buying gold. That's exactly what it is...
    It is...and its not at the same time. Unlike buying gold directly from gold sellers, you are buying it from company by purchasing game time.
    Its not illegal like with blizzard gold purchase. However i have no idea how much gold the seller of a game card will get. Maybe the buyer needs to spend 25% more gold and the seller gets 100g instead of 125g. However, the price of gold people will get by selling cards will be pretty low, because they cant manupilate market.

More cards on market = less gold.
    Less cards on market = more gold.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    2*

Psychic Frenzy is really weak tho. Like, REALLY weak. It does less damage, it takes almost 2x longer to gain 1 psi point and it feels clunky as well.
    The innate basically eliminates the point to move anyway because it gives you an absorb to damage you could have avoided.

Here is the OP. Best part is when he says it's nothing like Eve Online.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The CREDD system is used to allow players the opportunity to extend their subscription time for a month without using an external payment source to subscribe with. In order to do this, there has to be someone to buy it directly from Carbine's website so that they can put it up on the Commodities Exchange. Then, it's not an instantaneous influx of gold given to the seller as soon as it's listed -- there still has to be a player willing to pay for the CREDD on the CX. This is someone who had spent plenty of time farming for the gold so that they could use it to purchase the CREDD.

This isn't like EVE Online where selling PLEX automatically gives you around four-hundred million ISK from the get-go. CREDD will be a market on its own, its price will be determined by a demand for it, and it is still a trading commodity between two players. It, then, circulates that gold around the economy because the person who sold the CREDD will use that gold to buy things that they want / need -- mounts, dyes, costume pieces, housing accessories, crafting mats, even non-tier gear -- most of which are sold on the player-run auction house.

I just hope they sell CREDD packs like Eve does with Plex packs.

Someone said it will eliminate gold sellers. I don't think it will. If it's cheaper to go through them people will still do it. They use bots and stolen accounts to generate gold faster and easier than reg folks that are farming thus they will want less than the people selling the credds.

So esper is the equivalent of Sniper in swtor?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    So esper is the equivalent of Sniper in swtor?
    Its a mage . Spellslinger is sniper (or huntard with no pets).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Its a mage . Spellslinger is sniper (or huntard with no pets).
    I'm not talking of class archetypes, i'm talking about playstyle, ppl here are complaining that esper is a turret-like class because he can't cast while moving just like the sniper from swtor...
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2014-05-16 at 08:23 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Thanks for your responses guys!
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    2*

Yep. As intended. It wouldn't make sense that the mobile version would be better then the stationary one... you wouldn't have a reason to use it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    I think that he is arguing is that you are not buying gold in the sense that no new gold is introduced to the system (as if you could pay 10€ and get 1k gold that Carbine created for you). The problem is that it doesn't make sense to say that is nothing like PLEX. It¨s different, but not that much. It's just that it goes to a different AH, where only the item with the lowest price is displayed, so yes, unless you put your CREDD to sell at the lowest price, you don't know where and if will sell, and cannot know how the market is. Ie, there is 10 CREDD at 2k, 8587 at 4k, 654637 at 5k. Only the CREDD at 2k appears, so you don't know nothing about the market and cannot really play it.
    Oh wow, I didn't realize it only ever displays the lowest one. That just seems like it's going to hurt things in the long run :/

Someone said it will eliminate gold sellers. I don't think it will. If it's cheaper to go through them people will still do it. They use bots and stolen accounts to generate gold faster and easier than reg folks that are farming thus they will want less than the people selling the credds.
    I don't think it'll eliminate them, but if the price point is at the right spot they might have a harder time because not using a shady company that might hack your account is good enough for some people.

well no crashes since their patch today. keeping my fingers crossed that it fixed the problem permanently for me