Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I use to play FFXI which requires leveling in a group doing endless chain killing of one mob at a time to level and every time you level the exp requirement keeps going up but the mobs only give 250exp at best per kill so each level takes longer and longer to achieve. This game existed before quests were used to level and they mostly gave an item reward or a class unlock.

80 hours to level where I can solo quests for exp and kill 5 mobs at a time? Where do I sign up? There’s nothing more fun than shouting for several hours for a group because you are not the elite class of the month just to get some experience to level and loosing 10% of your exp every time you die. When I quit playing level cap was 75, now its closer to 100. No thanks. I'll take wildstars leveling process any day.
    FFXI was indeed an absolute excrement of a game. Everything about it was absolutely horrible - especially the player base. imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you had a ninja tank you needed another ninja tank or /ninja tank so you could use illusion duplicates in a way that the tanks never took damage

That's because NIN were never supposed to be tanks. They just happened to have abilities which were exploited at end-game. Of course squeenix didn't fix it. Just like they never fixed the myriads of botters and gil sellers.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2014-05-22 at 01:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone notice that lately when you unequip items your character doesn't show them as being unequipped? like if you take your gloves off and have an empty glove socket your character is still wearing gloves? :/

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Did anyone notice that lately when you unequip items your character doesn't show them as being unequipped? like if you take your gloves off and have an empty glove socket your character is still wearing gloves? :/
    I think a more important question is why you are stripping your characters...
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I think a more important question is why you are stripping your characters...
    ERP is a common activity in MMO's!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calthric View Post
    Spacehamster ERP... and here I was, thinking I couldn't be surprised anymore... :X

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Spacehamster ERP... and here I was, thinking I couldn't be surprised anymore... :X
    It's the Mordesh I'm worried about!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think a specific sever's Goldshire, which may as well be ruled by Caligula, counts as 'common'. I'm going to assume you meant a different word, like disgusting.
    BAD WOLF

I don't think a specific sever's Goldshire, which may as well be ruled by Caligula, counts as 'common'. I'm going to assume you meant a different word, like disgusting.
    Oh, trust me - I've been role-playing across a number of different MMO's in recent years. Goldshire is a convenient scapegoat and whilst it's pretty notorious in itself a lot of the stuff going on there also happens within the wider role-playing community. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Open ERP might not be that common. But I'd guess ERP behind closed doors happens way more often then we think.
    Besides: It can be a lot of fun, if you get into spirit.

It's the Mordesh I'm worried about!
    Hmm don't know. Virus seems to be targeting genetics and thus probably isn't contagious as far as other races are concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    a lot of the stuff going on there also happens within the wider role-playing community. :P
    Shame that such a noble endeavor, to live a life of adventure in your favorite world, is tarnished by people wanting to use MMOs like they are a garbage can.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame that such a noble endeavor, to live a life of adventure in your favorite world, is tarnished by people wanting to use MMOs like they are a garbage can.
    Why?
    Characters are living beings, not just mob murdering spell cannons. They have emotions, thus they can fall in love and have a desire for intimacy.
    In what detail people play that out depends on what both parties are comfortable with.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*.
    Great for them. The percentage of people who do it for 'real' reasons instead of just b/c they're perverts is a smaller ratio than the number of people downing HC Garrosh. This really isn't the place for such discussions. Suffice to say my character's moral alignment shuns the thought, especially since I have a quite fulfilling, real relationship with my wife.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Great for them. The percentage of people who do it for 'real' reasons instead of just b/c they're perverts is a smaller ratio than the number of people downing HC Garrosh.
    Interesting.
    Romance in stories and movies is widely accepted. Yet when people RP it in games they are labeled perverts.
    I agree though, that people that let their fantasies run free in public chats deserve to be banned.
    ERP should be a voluntary action not a forced one by getting spammed.

Deleted
    Interesting.
    Romance in stories and movies is widely accepted. Yet when people RP it in games they are labeled perverts.
    I agree though, that people that let their fantasies run free in public chats deserve to be banned.
    ERP should be a voluntary action not a forced one by getting spammed.
    Why are you expecting the Internet to be mature about it ?! Why are you expecting the kids in an MMO to be mature about it ?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting.
    Romance in stories and movies is widely accepted
    Like I said...the percentage of people having actions and words that you can attribute to 'romance' is .000000000000000001%. Annyyyyways. 1 WEEK 1 DAY and some change until my Mordesh Warrior is stomping faces.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Like I said...the percentage of people having actions and words that you can attribute to 'romance' is .000000000000000001%. Annyyyyways. 1 WEEK 1 DAY and some change until my Mordesh Warrior is stomping faces.
    Also 1 week and 1 day and some change until you start your very first "buff warrior" and "nerf stalkers and engineers" threads.

Unless this last patch's buff to warriors is indeed great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    Also 1 week and 1 day and some change until you start your very first "buff warrior" and "nerf stalkers and engineers" threads.

Unless this last patch's buff to warriors is indeed great.
    I've played a warrior since they were literally broken. They are good enough for me. I'm not going for world first raiding, just going to be playing the game. I have no problem mowing down enemies with my kinetic energy fueled sword.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I've played a warrior since they were literally broken. They are good enough for me. I'm not going for world first raiding, just going to be playing the game. I have no problem mowing down enemies with my kinetic energy fueled sword.
    I was reading the forums but also watched this stream of some guy doing bgs and he was kissing the floor 24/7. Couldn't even tell what he was doing wrong, but seems warriors are very squishy and lack self heals so basically you're in until you die. You can't drop combat, you can't heal and you can't escape to recouperate. This is why I prefer a stalker instead, or a ranged class. Warriors are too much Hit or Miss for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    I was reading the forums but also watched this stream of some guy doing bgs and he was kissing the floor 24/7. Couldn't even tell what he was doing wrong, but seems warriors are very squishy and lack self heals so basically you're in until you die. You can't drop combat, you can't heal and you can't escape to recouperate. This is why I prefer a stalker instead, or a ranged class. Warriors are too much Hit or Miss for me.
    Oh I don't plan on spending much if any of my time PvPng. This game is all about PvE in the world for me. If I want instanced PvP I'll do it in SWTOR and WoW, where the chance of having a seizure is far less than in Wildstar.
    BAD WOLF

I doubt I'll PvP much either. I usually treat it as a side activity in MMO's and indulge in it when the mood strikes me. Sort of toying with the idea of a Cassian Stalker.