Deleted
    Is it worth buying the level 15 mount or is it better to wait until 25 to get the hoverboard from the preorder bonus? Probably those 10g will be pocket cash soon, but I hate wasting money both IRL and in games

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    Is it worth buying the level 15 mount or is it better to wait until 25 to get the hoverboard from the preorder bonus? Probably those 10g will be pocket cash soon, but I hate wasting money both IRL and in games
    I'm level 15 and I have 1g, and no mount, but I was leveling crafting. Money is hard to come by - so I'd rather wait for 25.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You have less control. You cannot attack that guy unless he allows you to. No matter how many times you switch that toggle on and off.
    I dunno. Leaning towards the thought that it's a good thing. On my WoW toon, either I'm ganking somebody who can't fight back, or somebody is ganking me and I can't do shit about it. I don't find either situation to be any fun at all. I've lost interest in world pvp lately as a result, though I did pick a pvp server.

Maybe there's some world pvp objectives out there to care about. But most of the time, it's just one faction being absolute pricks to another for no reason.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    From playing on beta and friends who are playing on live, just get the mount asap, because you make the 11g back pretty quickly after Illium.

If your not bothering with crafting atm, when choosing gear rewards from quests, and none of them are an upgrade, pick the most expensive one and vendor it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You have less control. You cannot attack that guy unless he allows you to. No matter how many times you switch that toggle on and off.
    I respect other people's freedom, so they have the choice of whether I attack them or not. This thing is completely same as phone calling.

You can call someone and he has the freedom to either answer the call or not. Are you honestly telling me that it's "more freedom" if you call someone and he HAS to answer no matter what and there is nothing he can do about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for me, it is pergo basically just because thats where the guild I'm in decided on. However...I can't do 3 to 4 hour que times. So if anyone is recruiting on a different server let me know...I'm running a medic for the time being.

I wouldn't play MMOs if not on PvP realms.

The world pvp, guild rivalries, battle at raid entrances, skirmishes turning into huge battles. Yea, Tarren Mill vs Southshore didn't 'start'\get popular on PvE realms... attacking faction cities, harassing rivals\enemies\opposing guilds on the leveling races... there's just SO MUCH MORE INTO IT.

It's player created circumstances\content that PvE players just skip\ignore\avoid\don't know the existence of, and THEN try to emulate. @ PvE forums after honor system got implemented in wow - "hey guys, let's all go to SS\Tarren Mill and flag ourselves for PvP, i just saw some clips from the PvP realms and it seems awesome!"... lol.

Going out on the world without that sense of danger and excitement would just SUCK. I'd rather not play without it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The world pvp, guild rivalries, battle at raid entrances, skirmishes turning into huge battles. Yea, Tarren Mill vs Southshore didn't 'start'\get popular on PvE realms... attacking faction cities, harassing rivals\enemies\opposing guilds on the leveling races... there's just SO MUCH MORE INTO IT.
    Yeah that was fun 10 years ago for maybe 2 weeks. Since then it has been PITA for most people.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I dunno. Leaning towards the thought that it's a good thing. On my WoW toon, either I'm ganking somebody who can't fight back, or somebody is ganking me and I can't do shit about it. I don't find either situation to be any fun at all. I've lost interest in world pvp lately as a result, though I did pick a pvp server.

Maybe there's some world pvp objectives out there to care about. But most of the time, it's just one faction being absolute pricks to another for no reason.
    Im hoping for a WPVP scene similar to the one is WoW Vanilla, THAT was epic

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the advice, guys - will activate middle of the week or so.

One thing I must say - in spite of this shaky (lack of servers) launch - is that I think this game long term has evoked the first feelings of TBC "WoW" to me.

They haven't overdone voice acting, but not skimped either. The scenery and art style is beautiful.

I did find a bit of "grind" fatigue appearing while leveling (in beta), but the cut-scenes seem great and appear at just the right time.

Hope these guys don't screw up in the long-term - seems like a fun game and worth a few months of play to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Btw, funny thing in the queue screen:

"Exciting realms are available that are not under queue."

Yeah, French RP server. That is exciting. I'd say exotic, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yeah that was fun 10 years ago for maybe 2 weeks. Since then it has been PITA for most people.
    Yea, disagree with you there. Still is, will always be. Sorry if you don't like it. Luckily, millions of players love it. My guild had opposing faction rivalries (AWESOME ones) span over 7 years due to PvP realms. In PvE realms you just check 'wowprogress' and go "DARN, they have 1 more hc then us!".

Deleted
    Oh for fuck sake, not queues again. 43 min on Zhur. Jesus Christ at least you could play ESO, not stand in queues 24/7.

haha, 43m on a sunday afternoon is not bad.

(better then 5h on hazak!)

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I respect other people's freedom, so they have the choice of whether I attack them or not. This thing is completely same as phone calling.

You can call someone and he has the freedom to either answer the call or not. Are you honestly telling me that it's "more freedom" if you call someone and he HAS to answer no matter what and there is nothing he can do about it?
    Yes, that way you have less restrictions, not to mention that you missed the part where OTHER people have AGREED to that.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Are these servers like REALLY TINY, or something?! They said they will be bigger than WoW's servers, I don't see that holding any truth.

Deleted
    They really have to do something about the server queues, 1 hour queue now on EKO :X
    It's the only thing that can kill this game at the moment cause it's really good otherwise...

So I played Exile Mordesh Eng during open beta and was not getting into the game at all. I love leveling but the story and their cause was not doing it for me and I didn't like the way the other Exiles were. I didn't get a chance to make any Dominion characters during open beta, and after a good while of thinking I decided to take the plunge and buy the game despite my misgivings with the game. I went Dominion and oh I just like the way they are and the Mechari are really cool. Story so far is way better from Dominion's POV so far which make the leveling for me a whole lot more fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Lockdown View Post
    Are these servers like REALLY TINY, or something?! They said they will be bigger than WoW's servers, I don't see that holding any truth.
    The truth is..who knows? I'm sure they are not real tiny. I was surprised that they didn't adopt the whole overflow/shard system from GW2, while that brings on it's own problems, at least ppl were able to get in and play and know that they were on the same server as the rest of their guild.

Right now I kinda feel like I don't want to level because I don't know where its safe to level and know that I'm not just going to have to re roll on a different server

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/WildStar/status/473130381882179584

Couple new EU EN servers coming soon.