10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Yeah i felt the same way before i was introduced to WildStar.
    Same, but when I first saw the animation-style I was sold. I LOVE the cartoony style. It reminds me of Ratchet and Clank and games like that. Really love it

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=SirRobin;21178232]There is a variety of stuff

They haven't release the Exile theme song yet right? But the Dominion one is great!

Deleted
    Been following the game since around 2011, and i have to say they have come leaps and bounds in-terms of popularity i only hope they do what they said they will do which is to continue to support the model of catering to bother hardcore players and casual players, If i do a 40 man raid i want a reward for it that not many can get and wildstar will give me that.

I only hope they stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    Been following the game since around 2011, and i have to say they have come leaps and bounds in-terms of popularity i only hope they do what they said they will do which is to continue to support the model of catering to bother hardcore players and casual players, If i do a 40 man raid i want a reward for it that not many can get and wildstar will give me that.

I only hope they stick to it.
    Well just so you are aware they said something recently about not assuming just because something is the largest size doesn't mean it's going to be the hardest mode. Which could mean a variety of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Well just so you are aware they said something recently about not assuming just because something is the largest size doesn't mean it's going to be the hardest mode. Which could mean a variety of things.
    Yes, it could mean a variety of things. The most obvious thing it could mean is that your raid guild must leave 20 players out in order the do the hardest and most serious bosses. Another thing it could mean is that the hardest and most serious content is some 5 man content, which means that people will be obligated to stack classes in order to beat it.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote or lies.

They have said, however, that the 40man raids will have diffrent dificulties from week to week (Dynamic content?) - Meaning for example: Week one, casual guilds will have no chance to down Boss1. Week two, casual guilds will find it semi-easy to beat boss1. Week 3, Quite hard again. ETC ETC..

I firmly believe we will be seeing 40man raids as the top "elder game", hardest.
    They said that 20mans were to get prepped for 40mans, geared etc.
    AkA Companiet !
    #Wildstar2013

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Companiet View Post
    I firmly believe we will be seeing 40man raids as the top "elder game", hardest.
    Uhh..no. Having different loot is =/= to 'hardest'. The system works fine for raiding guilds in Rift so I imagine it would work fine in another game. Seems like they are very focused on options and making sure that everyone has something to do. Instead of providing LFR, they are giving solo end game content. Instead of having 18 difficulty levels, they are having different sized raids that will change dynamically.

Basically you go do what you prefer, whether it is a solo experience, a smaller raid experience, or the full on return to classic raiding experience. They aren't trying to hammer that you must do x activity to get rewarded properly. That's completely against their entire ideoogy with this game.
    BAD WOLF

Quote or lies.

They have said, however, that the 40man raids will have diffrent dificulties from week to week (Dynamic content?) - Meaning for example: Week one, casual guilds will have no chance to down Boss1. Week two, casual guilds will find it semi-easy to beat boss1. Week 3, Quite hard again. ETC ETC..

That will wreck havoc on raiding progression. On the easy week, you get world firsts, and then the next world first won't come until, say, 5 weeks later, on the next easy week.

For if you're in a progression raiding guild and your main tank or someone important can't make it on an easy week, you're screwed until the next easy week. And that could be the difference between 1st and 5th.

Deleted
    From what i understood it was just going to be a different raid each week, not difficulty.

For example:
    Week 1: RAID A
    Week 2: RAID C
    Week 3: RAID A
    Week 4: RAID B
    Week 5: RAID C
    ect ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    From what i understood it was just going to be a different raid each week, not difficulty.

For example:
    Week 1: RAID A
    Week 2: RAID C
    Week 3: RAID A
    Week 4: RAID B
    Week 5: RAID C
    ect ect.
    So if you want your epic BiS weapon which drops from raid A, and it doesn't drop, then you're fucked for 3 weeks. Or if you're not available on the week that raid A is opened, then you're again fucked.

Oh hey I stumbled across this, which somehow I had glossed over previously (bolding the specific part):
    Dungeon layouts, encounter composition, individual abilities, inherently random events, progression paths within an instance…we've really tried to push the number of ways to keep things fresh as much as possible. Our class system also allows us to create encounters with a very different raid composition required to face it without crippling the raids--our players will be able to modify their roles and abilities quickly and easily while not in combat, giving each encounter the freedom to be different from each other.
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...star_raids.php

Does that mean they are planing on having respec available no matter where you are at anytime you are out of combat? That's how I read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    That will wreck havoc on raiding progression. On the easy week, you get world firsts, and then the next world first won't come until, say, 5 weeks later, on the next easy week.

For if you're in a progression raiding guild and your main tank or someone important can't make it on an easy week, you're screwed until the next easy week. And that could be the difference between 1st and 5th.
    You are looking at it completely wrong actually. They are making the game more competitive by extending the competition past just 'world firsts'. Each week you will be competing to be the best and will have the same opportunity the next week. For competitive guilds, there's not going to be a problem of people not being available or not having backups. They will have all the top people they need to perform.

I hear a lot of complaint, but you aren't even giving a second to think about anything. This is a hardcore raider's dream game.
    Does that mean they are planing on having respec available no matter where you are at anytime you are out of combat? That's how I read it.
    Think it will work like TSW really, where you dictate your role based on what spells you have on your bar. I'm assuming you will be able to change them OOC whenever you like.
    BAD WOLF

encounters with a very different raid composition required to face
    /fail.

So now you're forced to stack specific specs to beat the boss. If you want to be, say, a Destro warlock. Well, no you can't this fight requires that you play as Affliction. Spec Affliction for this boss or else you'll get kicked for gimping the whole raid. Replace Destro/Affliction with whatever specs they have in Wildstar.

I get they're trying to do all these cute gimmicks which are suppose to sound cool. But upon further analysis, they're just placing artificial constraints that will piss people off.

It's not just 40 man raids that will have mechanics that change week to week, and different weekly challenges. It's all the raids. Read through the article I liked above.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Think it will work like TSW really, where you dictate your role based on what spells you have on your bar. I'm assuming you will be able to change them OOC whenever you like.
    Ah that is possible... I wish I had more playtime with the game to know for sure though

You are looking at it completely wrong actually. They are making the game more competitive by extending the competition past just 'world firsts'. Each week you will be competing to be the best and will have the same opportunity the next week. For competitive guilds, there's not going to be a problem of people not being available or not having backups. They will have all the top people they need to perform.

I hear a lot of complaint, but you aren't even giving a second to think about anything. This is a hardcore raider's dream game.

What specifically does a statement like this even mean?
    "They are making the game more competitive by extending the competition past just 'world firsts'"

It's not just hardcore guilds that this will annoy. You think more casual guilds won't get annoyed if they miss out on an "easy week" due to real life issues with important people? Hardcore guilds want stability, not this wacky easy/hard/easy/hard model, which seemingly serves no legitimate gameplay goal.

If they're switching up trash or dungeon layout, then sure, that's fine. It'll keep the raid somewhat different and fresh. Trash isn't serious business. But to be alternating how bosses work on a week-to-week basis would be chaos.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*.
    Oh look, more posting without thinking. You have a limited action set that is fully customizable. There are no 'destro locks' because your class can be anything possible within your abilities. It's like Rift's soul system or TSW's builds. If you want to play the game with the same 6 spells for 10 years, sure, you are going to be forced out of your woefully small box.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 10:35 AM ----------

What specifically does a statement like this even mean?
    "They are making the game more competitive by extending the competition past just 'world firsts'"
    Exactly what it says. Instead of being a race to beating a boss one time and then nothing until the next raids, each week there will be the race. Strategies won't be able to be researched for 1 million attempts on a PTR then executed over a marathon raiding session.

Now guilds will constantly be in competition with leaderboards and needing to come up with strategies the second a fight goes live for the week.

Edit:
    Let me use their own quote since nothing is simple enough to get through:
    Competitive weekly challenges based on the dynamic changes during the week. Epic rewards weekly for being the best or the fastest on your server or worldwide.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-05-20 at 02:40 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Oh look, more posting without thinking. You have a limited action set that is fully customizable. There are no 'destro locks' because your class can be anything possible within your abilities. It's like Rift's soul system or TSW's builds. If you want to play the game with the same 6 spells for 10 years, sure, you are going to be forced out of your woefully small box.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 10:35 AM ----------

Exactly what it says. Instead of being a race to beating a boss one time and then nothing until the next raids, each week there will be the race. Strategies won't be able to be researched for 1 million attempts on a PTR then executed over a marathon raiding session.

Now guilds will constantly be in competition with leaderboards and needing to come up with strategies the second a fight goes live for the week.

Edit:
    Let me use their own quote since nothing is simple enough to get through:
    Call it "action set" or spec or whatever you like. The point remains, people want to play their class in a certain way, and when that's not possible because bosses are designed to be beaten by specific specs that causes frustration. We've seen it a million times already: "If you put spec or "action set" X in the game, then why can't I play spec or "action set" X?! WTF."

Now that you've actually linked and specifically given the information I asked, I can now comment on these "competitive weekly challenges" with epic rewards.

Firstly, your point on copying PTR strategies isn't valid. Presumably they'll still test these bosses on PTR. Otherwise, it would be even worse. They would be releasing almost surely bugged bosses that will be killed by exploits, which would then require GMs to take away world first achievements (this keeps happening on final bosses, which aren't PTR tested).

Secondly, this sounds like an epic recipe for burnout in world first guilds. World first guilds raid 8-14 hours a day, every day during progression, for around 3 to 5 weeks. Then they go back to a minimalist schedule, probably raiding 4 hours a week to clear the boss. To be essentially having a world first race every week and alternating these "challenges" on a week to week basis would significantly lengthen the time these guilds have to raid. If there are 3 alternating challenges, then progression could last as long as 9 to 15 weeks, which is unsustainable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah that is possible... I wish I had more playtime with the game to know for sure though
    Hey Arlee! when you tested it, how were the movement? Is it on par with WoW's movement? as in response and such~. : p

10+ Year Old Account
    The point remains, people want to play their class in a certain way, and when that's not possible because bosses are designed to be beaten by specific specs that causes frustration.
    Sorry, but this is saying that entitlement should be catered to. I'm sure between the amount of people needed (20 or 40) the responsibility to play what you want will be on who you play with and how your guild/group is managed. The game shouldn't be holding people's hands to make it that way. You clearly come from WoW, but you should understand this concept as it's explained by their devs often.

Their data indicates that all classes do the content. If something is vastly more successful, they messed up. Anyone complaining something different are just a whining, vocal minority. I don't buy this excuse at all...especially in a game where you can be what you want to be.

Firstly, your point on copying PTR strategies isn't valid. Presumably they'll still test these bosses on PTR. Otherwise, it would be even worse.
    It is valid because I specifically said they can't spend the same amount of time doing one encounter over and over. I never said they wouldn't have testing on a PTR. And thinking it will be worse is an assumption. We have lots of historical proof it would be likely, but it's not a fact.
    Secondly, this sounds like an epic recipe for burnout in world first guilds. World first guilds raid 8-14 hours a day, every day during progression, for around 3 to 5 weeks. Then they go back to a minimalist schedule, probably raiding 4 hours a week to clear the boss. To be essentially having a world first race every week and alternating these "challenges" on a week to week basis would significantly lengthen the time these guilds have to raid. If there are 3 alternating challenges, then progression could last as long as 9 to 15 weeks, which is unsustainable.
    You basically just said that hardcore guilds would get upset that they had to be more hardcore. Umm..cry more? (Not directed at you) If this is a reason why they shouldn't do this, I'm ROFLMAO right now. If you don't have what it takes to be the best always, then you aren't the best. It will separate the wheat from the chaff. There's nothing wrong with that. People who don't like it aren't cut out for it. Same as it has always been.

Considering most guilds are falling apart in WoW from the lack of challenge, diversity, and the way raids are now structured, I'm sure there's a large portion of people looking for exactly this system. From your observations, it sounds like you don't have a lot of experience actually raiding competitively in WoW or playing any game competitively really. If you do, it sounds like you have moved on from it whether you realize it or not.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Just to note for kitty and everyone else out there...
    Paralleluniverse is a known "troller" or w/e to call it from the old GW2 forums before GW2 hit. I recommend to do as I did, ignore him (with the ignore function even!). Discussing something with him won't help really...
    OT:
    Can't wait to see how the dynamic raids will work ingame, in theory it does indeed sound amazing and fun. Really love how they "aim" on the end-game more than any other new MMO I've seen the last years. GW2, Tera and SW:tor lost a lot players early on just becouse of the lack of endgame, hear me out, I know GW2 isn't a game that you play for the "old-school" endgame (like WoW) but they still lost a lot of player becouse the lack of it, ie they lost the WoW players .