10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    But in the streams and videos I have watched, I see people die early and the boss still dies. That's carried.
    On X89 yes as that fight is intended to let you finish it with some deaths, all the rest a person dies in early and you're pretty much screwed. Unless you're team is running 1800 boosted weapons and then you might be able to compensate.

In any case still awaiting citations of said claims. Not going on about it with a "he said, she said" basis.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The medal rewards are better as it's not all or nothing now, the problem was always so that epics were meant to be uncommon out of 20 man raids.
    the crafting needs to change and the raid drops need rework, that's not them fucking things up that's them correcting things. Raid loot should never had to be salvaged for crafted loot anyway. Not to mention nobody was running gold medals in every dungeon they did and on that front dungeon loot got improved and adventures see epics less, i see nothing wrong with that.
    Nerfing stuff is not "fixing". Make loot better, not worse.

Medics were not screwed over, yet to hear anyone in either PvP or PvE groups going "QQ they broke my class" i don't use forums as a benchmark as forums are generally filled with people who can't play their class in every mmo.
    Didn't know "lalalalala I'm not listening" was a valid defense but Ok

Warriors are still being taken for raids for their utility and damage, if you're doing piss poor damage as a warrior you're doing something wrong. I Still have 3 warriors going in on every 20 man setup and they are still wanted in 5 mans and still wanted in PvP, so sorry that the class you're playing no longer is -the- highest dps with -the- highest utility. Then again it's coming from the same class that cried wolf when they actually had to use an AoE ability to now do optimal AoE dps something every other class had to do since launch. So warriors "nerfed badly" hardly, rebalanced to were they should be more likely.
    Ahhh ok I see now. My DPS is fine but keep up the personal attacks brah. Being nerfed is never fun and to be fair it's not exactly my fault that Carbine tuned Rampage to be the be all and end all of Warrior DPS. I would love them to make the other abilities worth of being in my LAS but Carbine don't seem to be capable of that considering what they keep trying with Whirlwind.

You seem to be mistaken me for someone being in charge of carbine, i'm merely a player and a reasonable person who doesn't go apeshit and can see the reasoning behind it.
    I missed the part where I blamed you but ok, you keep being reasonable and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    On X89 yes as that fight is intended to let you finish it with some deaths, all the rest a person dies in early and you're pretty much screwed. Unless you're team is running 1800 boosted weapons and then you might be able to compensate.

In any case still awaiting citations of said claims. Not going on about it with a "he said, she said" basis.
    No, I've watched most fights (probably all) on streams. They do just fine with early deaths and all this was fairly early in WS lifetime.

If you want proof, just watch streams yourself. Perhaps you are raiding with a lot of bad players therefore you can't cope with early deaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I've watched most fights (probably all) on streams. They do just fine with early deaths and all this was fairly early in WS lifetime.

If you want proof, just watch streams yourself. Perhaps you are raiding with a lot of bad players therefore you can't cope with early deaths.
    You said guilds came out and literally said the encounters were easy, i'm asking for citations of that. So stall your attempts in trying to change the topic at hand and provide actual sources, if you're that confident of your case it wouldn't be hard to do so?

As for kronik85,

Re-doing complete encounter balancing of the entire end game just to give people early epics is the "best" option, alrighty then.
    Medics weren't nerfed, sorry if that's so hard to believe but they weren't.
    You were acting as if warrior nerfs were the end for you, they weren't i elaborated on warriors current position in both group and raid setup and they are still fine.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    As someone in a Wildstar (and WoW!) world top-guild I also must say you're talking nonsense.

Cough-bullshit-cough

10+ Year Old Account
    You said guilds came out and literally said the encounters were easy, i'm asking for citations of that. So stall your attempts in trying to change the topic at hand and provide actual sources, if you're that confident of your case it wouldn't be hard to do so?
    Lol, wow.

Go watch videos on youtube and some twitch streams, you will see for yourself. Just go and find kill videos, it's easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, wow.

Go watch videos on youtube and some twitch streams, you will see for yourself. Just go and find kill videos, it's easy.
    wow, indeed as you're still avoiding to provide any citations of claims you made early. Come on it can't be that hard as you said several raiding made that claim.

If you make a claim you need to back it up, why do i need to go out of my way to provide proof for something you said, that's just ass backwards where i come from.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Cough-bullshit-cough
    Why do you not believe that?

wow, indeed as you're still avoiding to provide any citations of claims you made early. Come on it can't be that hard as you said several raiding made that claim.

If you make a claim you need to back it up, why do i need to go out of my way to provide proof for something you said, that's just ass backwards where i come from.
    If you get butt hurt over it so much, I actually do expect you to go onto youtube to find the videos.

10+ Year Old Account

If you get butt hurt over it so much, I actually do expect you to go onto youtube to find the videos.
    Not getting butt hurt here, but i don't know why you're trying so hard to avoid provide any citations on both guilds being able to carry and guilds coming out and saying raids are easy in wildstar.

So while these personal attacks are cute, it doesn't change the point you're not providing any substance to your claims.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Not getting butt hurt here, but i don't know why you're trying so hard to avoid provide any citations on both guilds being able to carry and guilds coming out and saying raids are easy in wildstar.

So while these personal attacks are cute, it doesn't change the point you're not providing any substance to your claims.
    Well I'm not going looking for a stream I watched ages ago and I can't view youtube at work. Even if I could, I would not go looking for it. It is cute how hurt you get over this though.

As for kronik85,

Re-doing complete encounter balancing of the entire end game just to give people early epics is the "best" option, alrighty then.
    Medics weren't nerfed, sorry if that's so hard to believe but they weren't.
    You were acting as if warrior nerfs were the end for you, they weren't i elaborated on warriors current position in both group and raid setup and they are still fine.
    Do I? At which point did I say that exactly? All I've said is that Carbine appear to incompetent and the game is sliding backwards rather than marching forwards. I don't remember saying I was done at any point but putting words in peoples mouths and reading whatever you want to read instead of what's written seems to be your thing.

I don't play medic, but when medics tell me they fucked the redesign I go with what they told me in lieu of personal experience. My apologies for being so unreasonable and listening to people outside my own little bubble.

He's been saying that for a while with no proof whatsoever. Although his attitude of "elites are gods" fits the mentality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm not going looking for a stream I watched ages ago and I can't view youtube at work. Even if I could, I would not go looking for it. It is cute how hurt you get over this though.
    More personal attacks to simply not have to provide any substance to your claims. Well i guess i can write this down to you having heard something and without the actual context to provide it in, makes it easily dismissable.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You know full well people can "be carried". That's just a mathematical fact, come on.

As for the difficulty...again, like I said, if it's so much harder than that other game as Anarch would like us to believe, then it should have taken far longer for top guilds to clear GA considering it being the first tier, everyone starting from level 1, the attunement, the Ohmna bug issues, etc.
    We already mentioned this to you, no people can't be carried. Yes guilds go progress done quickly, yes those guilds have had access to all raid content before the game went live, yes they were in their raid test program.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2014-08-04 at 02:54 PM.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Sounds like we're getting excuses now.
    Sounds like everything that doesn't suit your reasoning, is deducted to an excuse just because.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got to try out the 20man raid this weekend with my guild and we managed to get the first 2 bosses down.

I can safely say that every person on the raid team needs to be pulling their weight, it is not like WoW raids where some people can get carried by other players with high numbers and excessive amounts of over healing.

Difficulty wise I did not find it to be all that hard. They bosses had their moments where it seemed overwhelming but after the first few attempts on each of them we got them down.

I will not say they are super duper easy by any means though, there is a definite learning curve to them but they are not impossible. All in all it is a very satisfying difficulty level that leaves you feeling like you have accomplished something when you down them.

You're brutally unaware if you think guilds aren't carrying anyone right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Got to try out the 20man raid this weekend with my guild and we managed to get the first 2 bosses down.

I can safely say that every person on the raid team needs to be pulling their weight, it is not like WoW raids where some people can get carried by other players with high numbers and excessive amounts of over healing.

Difficulty wise I did not find it to be all that hard. They bosses had their moments where it seemed overwhelming but after the first few attempts on each of them we got them down.

I will not say they are super duper easy by any means though, there is a definite learning curve to them but they are not impossible. All in all it is a very satisfying difficulty level that leaves you feeling like you have accomplished something when you down them.
    Pretty much, mechanic wise it gets ramped up the deeper you get in there, it's down to execution and players not failing what makes it so one person can make or break your raid. That's pretty much the consensus of most guilds in GA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    Nothing has been debunked.

Have you even ever beta-tested raidbosses in WoW? Like you know... the fact that they mostly only are available for a few hours on specific limited days, the fact that they often have more than half of their (familiar) mechanics disabled and have numbers that are completely untuned?
    Exactly, it seems to me Bovinity you're the one here making claims with only snippets of information and with the habit of quickly dismissing anything that doesn't suit your argumentation.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know guys, but if you're gonna live comparing this game (or any other game) with wow you can go back and play wow, srsly, don't care in wich part of the train are you, just stop it, you can't campare a game with 10 years+ of development and growth with a new game. It's at LEAST after a year that a game get a "stable population", and even it can take more.
    you're all comparing 1 or 2 years of wow with a motnh of WS, yeah the game has been more time out, but you're comparing things that took weeks or months to wow to get it right.
    I'm not saying the game is flawless or anything, it sure does have horrid bugs, but WTF ppl, you just want instant gratification, just like in wow, go play wow ffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know one thing is for sure. The game is so lacking in content to discuss that we're been having circular arguments for what feels like hundreds of pages now. It's expected to have the two side battle, but when there's no substance for them to actually discuss anymore that's pretty bad.
    BAD WOLF