Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    That's a big disconnect in the whole reward system and new content. It seems like the zones they'll be adding are focused on the solo type of player, the casual players that doesn't do raiding or even dungeons, so the rewards just follow their own silly progression. The problem is that it isn't working, there are other sources to get better gear in a faster fashion and the time needed to get the cool stuff from those reps is so damn high that it isn't worth doing it.

From my point of view they should add more elder gem stuff, not only gear, and also improve the way a player can win elder gems, including ways to earn them besides the weekly cap. Then also add interesting stuff to those reputations, not only gear, and that could make them more desirable to level up. One great suggestion someone made is to add the AMP/Ability points stuff as a unique reward for beloved in each one of those reputations. Although that doesn't fix the fact that the dailies are boring as hell because they are always exactly the same quests.
    Then they must of thought casuals were too stupid to buy pieces off the auction house if they thought that gear on the daily vendors would be an achievement worth pursuing.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Then they must of thought casuals were too stupid to buy pieces off the auction house if they thought that gear on the daily vendors would be an achievement worth pursuing.
    Oh crap guys...they're on to the AH system. Emergency Plan B activated, nerf all crafting gear immediately and funnel them into dailies.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching Acid's video made me think of something (other than it was from the perspective of a DPS Medic...I was amazed there was one), what do people prefer in regards to raid mechanics: less mechanics, but more meaningful (not sure this is the right word I want), or more complex mechanics with many things happening?

If we think back to Vanilla, there were much less mechanics; however, I do believe there was more importance on an individual in some of the fights. There wasn't a ton of really hard ones, but mechanics like Baron Geddon, Vael, Firemaw, Nefarian, and most of Naxx were interesting enough without overload of mechanics. The issue I find with this is it can lead to 'boring' fights in that the variety of things occurring is quite low.

As expansions of WOW progressed, there was an increase in number of mechanics. In current fights, there are quite a bit of different things happening, and there is a lot to keep track of. Of course, we do have mods that help out.

Senkyen already weighed in on this, so would love to hear others. I actually prefer mechanics similar to Vanilla, and seems where Wildstar is. I am ok with a large number of mechanics like current WoW (loved majority of MoPs expansion); however, I think that going back to less mechanics, but more punishing, will be interesting. I do like how they use the environment, and look forward to Datascape. First kill should be coming this week, as more of the top guilds get 40 attuned for it.

I'm going to short-circuit a few responses: "Ones without an attunement that has nothing to do with the raid", "Wouldn't know - Can't raid. Keep Wiping on Attunement".

Deleted
    I think WildStar has gotten it great. In WoW, the majority of fights had 2-3 meaningful mechanics. The rest were lulwhocaredanyway. WildStar just cut the insignificant ones. It's great.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    That's prety accurate, BUT, If you don't like what they serve you eat somewhere else.
    Choices, my friend, you can make them.

I think this is the point people are making. More and more people are going to "eat" elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    One great suggestion someone made is to add the AMP/Ability points stuff as a unique reward for beloved in each one of those reputations.
    This is a good suggestion. In the past, they stated that the current system (regarding earning AP and AMPs) was not fully implemented, which is completely true...because if they think that is actually a valid implementation, they are high off their fucking rocker. Yet, we have seen nothing since then, that I know of. Even in the datamined information, nothing in there. On top of that, you can't even put AP/AMPs in the AH to sell it off to others if it isn't important to you. If it was my game, I would be fast-tracking the rest of the system as, like imbuements, it is free content by rewarding people for doing difficult things in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Oh crap guys...they're on to the AH system. Emergency Plan B activated, nerf all crafting gear immediately and funnel them into dailies.
    I will say this, I have begun crafting cloth armor specifically so I can craft my own PVP gear (I have a guy who gives me crafted weapons) and the important part here is that I have to do the PVP content to get prestige points to buy PVP gear schematics and the PVP gear catalyst. The gear doesn't have better secondary stats but it has way more pvp offence/defence *and* I have to engage in pvp to get this stuff. Actually doing content to get ahead is better than walking up to a vendor and throwing coins at the problem.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    In WoW, the majority of fights had 2-3 meaningful mechanics.
    Oh look, once again it's the pro W* crowd bringing up WoW (incorrectly) to use as a platform for bashing in order to promote W*. Unless you only raided in Vanilla WoW, that statement is patently false. Like...to the Nth degree. You surely couldn't have raided anything past, and surely surely not WoD. So why not just stick to talking about why Wildstar's raids are good instead of trying to slander another game to accomplish the same thing? FTR- I loooooove Wildstar's encounters. Probably one of the stronger aspects of the game.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsundere Pejo View Post
    Senkyen already weighed in on this, so would love to hear others. I actually prefer mechanics similar to Vanilla, and seems where Wildstar is. I am ok with a large number of mechanics like current WoW (loved majority of MoPs expansion); however, I think that going back to less mechanics, but more punishing, will be interesting. I do like how they use the environment, and look forward to Datascape. First kill should be coming this week, as more of the top guilds get 40 attuned for it.
    I think variety is key. I'd prefer the "old style" because of its simplicity and elegance, but some "cluster****s" (e.g. Siegecrafter) can be fun too. Some variance is needed to counter repetition.

Do you know if they are nerfing/fixing the first boss (System Daemons, I presume)? It was stated earlier in this thread (by Anarch himself) that it is probably intentionally overtuned/broken (in order to mask something, maybe a boss further into the instance isn't ready yet ?). If that turns out to be true, it won't matter how many guilds are attuned, it's more of a question when/if they are fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I think this is the point people are making. More and more people are going to "eat" elsewhere.
    I take my kid to an archery class every week in an archery store and sometimes parents come up to me and say, "Can you believe these prices? I can save $20 just buying that $400 bow on Amazon." to which I reply, "Yes but can your Kid get taught by an olympic champion in an Amazon website? If you want a place near your home where your kid can shoot then you need to support the store that is supporting your child." I don't get anything out of this, I'm not financially invested in the store but I know the reality because I use to play Games Workshop games and if you don't buy stuff from the store you play in (amazon and ebay are cheaper) you won't have a store to play in.

Now if a kid looking for pokemon cards came into the store and the customers were running them out of the store with pitchforks and torches because they can't stand pokemon it doesn't help their store make enough money to stay in business and there is no chance that pokemon kid might one day play games workshop games when he matures and puts away the pokemon stuff. Then the store folds because it cant pay its bills and the Gamesworkshop guys have no place to go meet for games.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there is some ocassional nice item on the rep vendors, but it's "nice" at best, at capped reputation and *still* has randomized slots. 30+ days of dailies would give people more than enough platinum to craft/buy themselves something just as good. Who designed that loot system, seriously?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Oh look, once again it's the pro W* crowd bringing up WoW (incorrectly) to use as a platform for bashing in order to promote W*. Unless you only raided in Vanilla WoW, that statement is patently false. Like...to the Nth degree. You surely couldn't have raided anything past, and surely surely not WoD. So why not just stick to talking about why Wildstar's raids are good instead of trying to slander another game to accomplish the same thing? FTR- I loooooove Wildstar's encounters. Probably one of the stronger aspects of the game.
    Oh look, it's the guy once again proving why he's on my ignore list.

I was thinking largely of Cataclysm and Mists. So the most recent content.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    It's like it's not enough that the game doesn't work for them personally, they have to convince everyone else that it can't possibly be working for them as well and if they think it is then they're just a fanboy or whatever.
    There are posters that do this, but most people prefer to just have a discussion and/or debate. It is a forum after all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    No you weren't. Or you were talking about LFR, Normal, or late-progression content. Like I said, if we're going to draw comparisons, then draw them between the top content of both games. Not the top content of one game and the bottom content of the other.

You can't simply just "ignore most mechanics" in heroic progression. That's a simple, objective fact. Just like I'm sure you cannot simply ignore most mechanics in GA progression.
    In WildStar you cant, because the few mechanics there was, they're meaningful. You guys are a little mad about me saying that the WoW bosses only have 2-3 meaningful mechanics. It's kinda funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main problem with comparing it to WoW raids, is people compare it to WoWs raids when they over gear them, or at an easier level, or when they get carried by over geared players.

If you're in a heroic progression guild before all the nerfs, before you are all geared, you notice a massive difference. It's actually amazing the amount of difference a couple of weeks of resets to gear up can make.

In WildStar you cant, because the few mechanics there was, they're meaningful. You guys are a little mad about me saying that the WoW bosses only have 2-3 meaningful mechanics. It's kinda funny.
    You're kinda funny
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2014-08-05 at 05:18 PM.

Oh look, it's the guy once again proving why he's on my ignore list.

I was thinking largely of Cataclysm and Mists. So the most recent content.
    Every one of your posts are laced with vapid hatred for wow so Kal is not off when he says what he said. We get it, you dislike wow now. You don't need to constantly bash the game as evidence to why you like wildstar. It's at the point that you have become a broken record of, "wow bad wow bad wow bad.". Ultimately all you do is talk about wow like an ex-boyfriend who broke up badly with your ex and all you do is complain to your next date about your last ex and at the end of the night all you have done is talk about your ex.

We are all capable of talking about the things we like in wildstar without having to douchebag warcraft at every opportunity we have. This is Wildstar, not wow. Stay on topic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Don't stoop to saying what is essentially "You mad bro"? It's beneath all of us.

That said, it's just a poor basis for any comparisons when you compare LFR to GA, for instance. It's just completely meaningless, you might as well compare the professional level in one sport to the "backyard play" level of another and claim that clearly one sport is more involved or more difficult than the other.

Indeed, people always seem to want to point to LFR and say, "See? WoW raiding is so easy and dumbed down."

/boggle
    I'm comparing it to heroic WoW content for the record.

- - - Updated - - -

Every one of your posts are laced with vapid hatred for wow so Kal is not off when he says what he said. We get it, you dislike wow now. You don't need to constantly bash the game as evidence to why you like wildstar. It's at the point that you have become a broken record of, "wow bad wow bad wow bad.". Ultimately all you do is talk about wow like an ex-boyfriend who broke up badly with your ex and all you do is complain to your next date about your last ex and at the end of the night all you have done is talk about your ex.

We are all capable of talking about the things we like in wildstar without having to douchebag warcraft at every opportunity we have. This is Wildstar, not wow. Stay on topic.
    I don't have a vapid hatred of it. Stop jumping to conclusions. I've also barely posted and avoided this topic in this thread.

Hey folks, let's keep things on WildStar and not on, "WELL WILDSTAR HAS X AND WOW HAS Y!!!" please. I know this is a WoW fansite and all, but we don't need the near constant comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The only dull part i can think of in the entire process is the world boss one, the reputation one can be easily overcome we recently had people join us who didn't do any dailies or quests to 50 and got past that point fairly rapidly.
    Can you explain how they did this? I've wanted to make alts, but even on my first character I was only at 26000/32000 and that was as a settler and doing all the tasks. I'd like to skip more quests so I can pvp and only do the main quests, but I don't want to be stuck grinding adventures (which I find so boring) to get that rep.

I'm comparing it to heroic WoW content for the record.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have a vapid hatred of it. Stop jumping to conclusions. I've also barely posted and avoided this topic in this thread.
    Thats nice, that means that you can go back and look at the 'few comments' you made and see how many include direct pot shots at warcraft. You have 2 types of posts, the one supporting the way wildstar is made and the one supporting wildstar while using wildstar as an opportunity to take pot shots at warcraft.

You notice how I like the PVP content in wildstar? Have you seen any posts where I have to take potshots at warcrafts PVP in order to make wildstars pvp seem better in comparison? No? There is a reason for that. I'm not hung up on it.