The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I know, it reminds me of the thing in sports where throwing the first punch is ok, but retaliating gets you in trouble with the refs.
    Except in sports you can only throw one punch, not punch after punch with several being to the groin. That kind of behavior anywhere in real life will send you directly to jail, without passing go, without collecting your $200.00.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Anyone here playing on Ravenous-EU? I'm leveling my engineer on the Dominion side and really enjoying the game, the only downside being that my friends stopped playing and I don't have anyone to play with and the realm feels pretty dead. If you happen to be on the same realm and wanna play together, feel free to whisper me on character Henxel.

10+ Year Old Account
    PS. Does anyone have word if they are planning on changing the attunements? Also, if anyone here is on Avatus, please add me! I want neighbours for profit!
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2014-08-05 at 11:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I've been on vacation the last week or so and I heard a rumor that in the latest patch they added a crafting vendor to the crafting table for housing. Can anyone confirm/deny?
    Yes, this is correct.

I was astonished when I found out. Thought I had gone mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn that thread have been so toxic lately.

Hope the mods do their jobs.

Anyway, i think that the nexus report was kinda lame, they dodged so many questions about pvp.

But well, they just fixed the 1500Q bug so it's ok xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It's been pointed out that doing every single quest is horribly inefficient way to level, but will yield max or close to max rep. I also had no problems b/c I leveled this way. Unfortunately the game clearly tells you to basically skip as many quests as possible if you want hit cap quickly. You can't fault people for wanting to play that way in an end game 'focused' MMO.
    I wish this was true. I did every single quest, minus the group quest chain in Blighthaven but did Scorchwing/Tree thing, yet I was rolling 22.8. I even did every challenge I could while leveling up, while purposely searching for them to try to make some easy cash (which did work out...but not rep-wise). I missed 1 bugged task - that was it. I, however, only did the first 3 adventures and first dungeon while leveling so perhaps I'm missing the extra 8k from this. Over 100 hours to hit max level, and still an additional rep grind to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsundere Pejo View Post
    I wish this was true. I did every single quest, minus the group quest chain in Blighthaven but did Scorchwing/Tree thing, yet I was rolling 22.8. I even did every challenge I could while leveling up, while purposely searching for them to try to make some easy cash (which did work out...but not rep-wise). I missed 1 bugged task - that was it. I, however, only did the first 3 adventures and first dungeon while leveling so perhaps I'm missing the extra 8k from this. Over 100 hours to hit max level, and still an additional rep grind to go.
    I had max rep in the first week of dailies, when there was only one zone obv. So yeah, it is true. Unless they retroactively nerfed rep, which I have heard no reports of. I'm agree that it's ridiculous, but I can't lie and say I didn't have it after that. I didn't run instanced content leveling because it gave no xp. I did one dungeon and one adventure and that was that.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you mean going back and also hitting the second lowbie zone in the "Did ALL quests" category, I just dunno what the deal is.

It really seems like different people get wildly different results in this regard.
    Nah, it was before I went back to do ALL quests, but after a few days of dailies. IDK why it is so wildly varied then.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    That doesn't make sense to me as you're speaking of things of complete different quality here to greatly exaggerate something. The truth is the biggest road block if we look at forum feedback is the timers from silvers, what is a good evaluation point, not the world boss part or any other part what has been pulled into question and been rated negatively by everyone including raiding guilds.
    From your post, if the only relevent part about the attunement is the silvers for the dungeons as it prepares one for raids. There are a few problems with that:

1) RNG plays a part in the silver runs. RNG should not play any part.
    2) Things like skipping trash are encouraged by that type of things but how is skipping trash a good preperation for doing a raid.
    3) Selling of "silver" runs. If someone can just buy a run, doesn't that defeat the purpose of having them in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsundere Pejo View Post
    Watching Acid's video made me think of something (other than it was from the perspective of a DPS Medic...I was amazed there was one), what do people prefer in regards to raid mechanics: less mechanics, but more meaningful (not sure this is the right word I want), or more complex mechanics with many things happening?

If we think back to Vanilla, there were much less mechanics; however, I do believe there was more importance on an individual in some of the fights. There wasn't a ton of really hard ones, but mechanics like Baron Geddon, Vael, Firemaw, Nefarian, and most of Naxx were interesting enough without overload of mechanics. The issue I find with this is it can lead to 'boring' fights in that the variety of things occurring is quite low.

As expansions of WOW progressed, there was an increase in number of mechanics. In current fights, there are quite a bit of different things happening, and there is a lot to keep track of. Of course, we do have mods that help out.

Senkyen already weighed in on this, so would love to hear others. I actually prefer mechanics similar to Vanilla, and seems where Wildstar is. I am ok with a large number of mechanics like current WoW (loved majority of MoPs expansion); however, I think that going back to less mechanics, but more punishing, will be interesting. I do like how they use the environment, and look forward to Datascape. First kill should be coming this week, as more of the top guilds get 40 attuned for it.

I'm going to short-circuit a few responses: "Ones without an attunement that has nothing to do with the raid", "Wouldn't know - Can't raid. Keep Wiping on Attunement".
    There's no need to chose one or the other. Though designing encounters with the understanding that a punishing mechanic is a pressure reserved for organization, since failure is fairly binary; while more mechanics that are less punishing focuses more on individual skill and the ability for stronger players to pick up the slack of the weaker players who lose value with every partial failure. Obviously organization and mods can help with both, but that's the only method for dealing with binary failure.

I think I prefer the less punishing but more mechanics thing since you can learn on the fly, which just means you can play the game without leaving the game and reading up before hand. I'd be honestly excited for a boss that was more or less random, that required you to learn on the fly each time.

Ramp up risks and accruing debuffs are probably my favorite types of base mechanics/

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I think its becoming very obvious that after my 3rd CREDD, probably going to stop playing afterwards. Game is fantastic but the problems with their systems are just too questionable. I forgot who said it but someone stated that the "casual vs hardcore" is just an excuse for the developer to release shoddy content.

Meh just going to wait a couple months, play ff 14 2 week trial or resub to wow.

Yeah, I saw a quote on Reddit that summed it up pretty well.

It basically went something like, "WildStar confuses shitty quality-of-life with Hardcore"
    I really like Wildstar but this is soooooo true. I'm glad people are finally calling Carbine out on their misuse of the term "Hardcore".

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Yes, this is correct.

I was astonished when I found out. Thought I had gone mad.
    Oh yay Sadly though after I patched I was unable to login. I keep getting a "Unable to use the NCSOFT connection services". I can log into the website fine so I don't think I was hacked at all. Weird thing there is I bought two CREDD and sold two, but the webpage says I have one available :/ Put in a ticket. Hopefully it won't take two weeks for them to get back to me ><

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Oh yay Sadly though after I patched I was unable to login. I keep getting a "Unable to use the NCSOFT connection services". I can log into the website fine so I don't think I was hacked at all. Weird thing there is I bought two CREDD and sold two, but the webpage says I have one available :/ Put in a ticket. Hopefully it won't take two weeks for them to get back to me ><
    Are you getting to the authenticator and having it fail there? When I got that, I had to resync my authenticator and then it worked ok. But if it's failing on the password, unfortunately can't help there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Are you getting to the authenticator and having it fail there? When I got that, I had to resync my authenticator and then it worked ok. But if it's failing on the password, unfortunately can't help there.
    Yea it's not even getting that far. They responded by resetting my password, which of course didn't fix it because I could log into the website so that clearly wasn't the answer. Anywho, super sleepy now so hopefully there will be a solution tomorrow.

Deleted
    Login gets upset with me when I move from chrome to IE or back again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Login gets upset with me when I move from chrome to IE or back again
    Anything computer related should get upset with you when you use IE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    From your post, if the only relevent part about the attunement is the silvers for the dungeons as it prepares one for raids. There are a few problems with that:

1) RNG plays a part in the silver runs. RNG should not play any part.
    2) Things like skipping trash are encouraged by that type of things but how is skipping trash a good preperation for doing a raid.
    3) Selling of "silver" runs. If someone can just buy a run, doesn't that defeat the purpose of having them in the first place?
    RNG hardly plays a part you can do silver in SSM even with bad optionals if you have a good group.
    Skipping trash is part of it even if trash wasn't skipped it wouldn't add that much more time to it, skipping trash simply creates a greater time completion difference so it can still be done without skipping trash.
    Selling silver runs doesn't beat it point, those people who buy it fall through on their first raid we as a guild generally have a policy of those who buy boosts from us unless they get solid feedback from their boosters that they knew what to do then they'll be considered for a trial spot anyone else isn't even given a second look.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Can you explain how they did this? I've wanted to make alts, but even on my first character I was only at 26000/32000 and that was as a settler and doing all the tasks. I'd like to skip more quests so I can pvp and only do the main quests, but I don't want to be stuck grinding adventures (which I find so boring) to get that rep.
    adventures, adventures and some more adventures. With a solid group i think you can run things like crimelords or wotw 3 times per hour. Would gives you abot 1500 rep per hour.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    RNG hardly plays a part you can do silver in SSM even with bad optionals if you have a good group.
    Skipping trash is part of it even if trash wasn't skipped it wouldn't add that much more time to it, skipping trash simply creates a greater time completion difference so it can still be done without skipping trash.
    Selling silver runs doesn't beat it point, those people who buy it fall through on their first raid we as a guild generally have a policy of those who buy boosts from us unless they get solid feedback from their boosters that they knew what to do then they'll be considered for a trial spot anyone else isn't even given a second look.
    Usually optionals ara balanced in a way that it doesn't matter the ones you have, they are all usually in your way and at least for me they've never been a problem, so i don't think he is talking about that kind of RNG.

But in Swordmaiden for example, Rayna (the fire lady) can be a pain in the ass with some bad RNG with the fire walls and the order she casts abilities. For example, if she cast a tether at the right time just before entering the second wave phase it makes the last phase shorter and easier. It still is all about skill, but i've seen way too much silver runs ruined because of RNG in that boss, or perhaps it would be better to say that i've seen many kills made easier because of good RNG in that boss? the point still stands, RNG shouldn't have that kind of impact, although is not a big deal.

I can make a similar statement with Selene in the same instance, if your group did not arrive with a enough time for the final boss the RNG of the shades can totally ruin the whole run.

About skipping trash i agree, it just makes a better time completition and from my point of view it is also part of the game to know what you can or can't skip and use the tools aviable in your group, it is also part of challenge modes in wow and i find it to be fun.

If there is any problem at all with dungeons is, as it has already been said, the time requirement for silver.
    Last edited by Geckoo; 2014-08-06 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Usually optionals ara balanced in a way that it doesn't matter the ones you have, they are all usually in your way and at least for me they've never been a problem, so i don't think he is talking about that kind of RNG.

But in Swordmaiden for example, Rayna (the fire lady) can be a pain in the ass with some bad RNG with the fire walls and the order she casts abilities. For example, if she cast a tether at the right time just before entering the second wave phase it makes the last phase shorter and easier. It still is all about skill, but i've seen way too much silver runs ruined because of RNG in that boss, or perhaps it would be better to say that i've seen many kills made easier because of good RNG in that boss? the point still stands, RNG shouldn't have that kind of impact, although is not a big deal.

I can make a similar statement with Selene in the same instance, if your group did not arrive with a enough time for the final boss the RNG of the shades can totally ruin the whole run.

About skipping trash i agree, it just makes a better time completition and from my point of view it is also part of the game to know what you can or can't skip and use the tools aviable in your group, it is also part of challenge modes in wow and i find it to be fun.

If there is any problem at all with dungeons is, as it has already been said, the time requirement for silver.
    Sometimes in Skullcano the pirate boss will still have squiddies up (especially if you don't have ranged dps with you) and tether you right through the damned things causing instant death or he will tether you through his rectangular template attacks which also stuns you and you get one shot by the bosses tether attack circular templates which you would normally be able to dodge through.