10+ Year Old Account
    I think the part that pisses me off is how this game and Blizzard literally kept promoting that stupid fucking casuals/bads vs hardcore/elitist mindset. That is what pissed me off the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    On the conceptual level:
    - Plug / FABKit for their garrisons (much less customization, some overlap in features eg. crafting, no challenges / dungeons / biomes),
    - LAS (called ability pruning and locking skills to specs again - hello stance restrictions),
    - No flying (remains to be seen if it will stick for all current content or not)
    - A return to more challenging small group content (remains to be seen how much more challenging... it won't be ws veteran dungeons level for sure... apart from challenge modes "maybe")
    - Quest compartmentalization (story / task quests similar to WS world story / zone story / tasks / missions system)
    - Retooling Glyphs to be more like AMPs (automatically unlocking glyphs as you level, mutually exclusive glyphs, not as rich as WS colorwheel system)
    - Rune system (called 'secondary stat attunements' in WoW's version)
    - Randomized crafting.
    On the straight up "copy/paste" level:
    - Unit model outlines.
    - ... they'd get more but their physics engine is ancient so many things WS can easily add to the game in content drops, WoW would need a v2.0 to pull off and Kotick is too busy milking the cow to ok serious investments.

I'm sure I'm missing some, these are just off the top of my head.
    Most are not straight up copy-paste, more like "put my own spin on competitors strong points and try to sell it off as a better version" but the inspiration is obvious (not just from WildStar, other recent MMOs as well)
    With the exception of the first one, I'll indulge you on that, the rest is utter bullshit but I appreciate the fact that you really tried to find an answer to the question even if it's so much wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    Lol, you blew them out of the water. Expect much angry posts now.
    Yes, often enough I do get "blown out of the water" when I witness bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    How does blizz promote that?
    In a couple of their blogs during Wrath and Cataclysm, they stated the whole casual and hardcore mindsets and the differences between the two. However, in most cases, they confused the two and segregated them into bads and good players.

You can correct me on that one. Its been 4-5 years when they came out.

On the conceptual level:
    - Plug / FABKit for their garrisons (much less customization, some overlap in features eg. crafting, no challenges / dungeons / biomes),
    - LAS (called ability pruning and locking skills to specs again - hello stance restrictions),
    - No flying (remains to be seen if it will stick for all current content or not)
    - A return to more challenging small group content (remains to be seen how much more challenging... it won't be ws veteran dungeons level for sure... apart from challenge modes "maybe")
    - Quest compartmentalization (story / task quests similar to WS world story / zone story / tasks / missions system)
    - Retooling Glyphs to be more like AMPs (automatically unlocking glyphs as you level, mutually exclusive glyphs, not as rich as WS colorwheel system)
    - Randomized crafting.
    On the straight up "copy/paste" level:
    - Unit model outlines.
    - ... they'd get more but their physics engine is ancient so many things WS can easily add to the game in content drops, WoW would need a v2.0 to pull off and Kotick is too busy milking the cow to ok serious investments.

I'm sure I'm missing some, these are just off the top of my head.
    Most are not straight up copy-paste, more like "put my own spin on competitors strong points and try to sell it off as a better version" but the inspiration is obvious (not just from WildStar, other recent MMOs as well)
    This might be the worst list I've ever seen.

WildStar has done nothing new or innovative. Nothing. "Unit model outlines"?

Wow.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post

Wow.
    It has robots as a playable race. Most innovative MMO in 20 years!!!!!!!

And still waiting for you to provide this successful MMO with exclusive gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow.
    Not sure if I'v seen paths in MMO before, but this feature turned out to be fairly minor in WS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    And still waiting for you to provide this successful MMO with exclusive gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if I'v seen paths in MMO before, but this feature turned out to be fairly minor in WS.
    I think paths were coded by an intern on a week release..

You're not getting a thing. Because everytime you get faced with reality you just shit on it, eg. Roadblock's post.
    It doesn't exist.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't exist.
    Wanna see my stream with the Orc Emerald dream?

Has the underground botting issues been fixed yet? last time I was in a worm cave it was full of botters.

On the conceptual level:
    Considering garrisons were announced in their features well before WildStar got too specific about housing, and considering the general trend towards housing over the past few years in MMO's, this is reaching about as far as one can.

Not only is this not limited to WildStar (GW2, ESO, TSW etc.), but Blizzard has a history of ability pruning every single expansion. You're flat out incorrect here.

Well, I guess we'd better cite every other MMO without flying as well. And I guess we'd better cite Blizzard talking about wanting to remove flying, at least temporarily, from expansion starts on multiple occasions before WildStar. Also, flying may well make it into WoD later.

So again, flat out wrong.

Did I miss where Blizzard did this? I mean, they did challenge mode dungeons in MoP, years before WildStar, and I haven't seen any kind of "return" to challenging small group content announced for WildStar.

So unless you can provide some examples in WoD, you're still flat out wrong.

-
    Quest compartmentalization (story / task quests similar to WS world story / zone story / tasks / missions system)
    Then I guess we'd better look at GW2 and their story/side-quest-esque delivery system. And Rift and their shift towards hubs only giving story quests and all other quests being found in the world. And ESO moving away from hubs.

So again, you're reaching just about as far as you can and attributing something to WildStar that can easily also be attributed to many games launched well before WildStar.

I guess? Except that you need to buy various AMPS last I checked. This is also very, very much in-line with Blizzards continued "streamlining" of the systems for progression within the game. Automatic granting of abilities, change to talent system that granted spec specific abilities, pruning of talent tree in genera etc.

Yet again, reaching as far as one can to find something.

Well shit, I guess we'd better label every other game that has secondary stats in the MMO world. It's a long list and I'm lazy.

- Randomized crafting.
    Rose Online says sup, SWG says sup, and there are a few others that have done it as well.

- Unit model outlines.
    Not sure what models have outlines in WoW, but then again I haven't looked recently. Also, every single superhero MMO does this, as well as a few other odds. So again, not WildStar specific.

I have no clue what you're even trying to say here.

All in all, you've created a list of things that have about as much to do with WildStar as they have to do with a half dozen other games or more that have been out for longer than WildStar, and in many cases even before WildStar was announced or had any meaningful information about it. You're reaching insanely hard to try to make any kind of argument, and it's flat out ridiculous and extremely easily refuted. I'd suggest rather than trying to come up with some bullshit to "defend" your game and ending up with a terrible list, you simply enjoy it or try to come up with something substantive.

See above : 3

MMOs with exclusive endgame design don't exist? Do you guys even listen to the crap you're posting?
    Then would you care to name a few of these very successful MMO's with highly exclusive end-game models?

I mean, there are some around and all, but I'm struggling to think of a single one that's seen any kind of widespread success with a highly exclusive endgame model. Last one released I can think of was Rift, and even that wasn't super duper exclusive, and that's done well over the years, especially given it being a brand new IP from a brand new studio with a smallish budget compared to most other MMO's, but it's hardly been a widespread success.

And then, let me guess, you're going to argue none of them are succesful... Right, and then we get straight to the twisted point in your little heads and the entire premise of why you're in this thread making useless comments and baiting anyway, because in your minds WoW can be the only succesful MMO.
    If you could at least throw out a few names then we could have a discussion. You continually insisting that something exists without providing any evidence does absolutely nothing for a productive discussion.

Please, you're all the same and I've got no interest in discussing anything with you types that are just here because you've got Blizzard halfway up your 'pants'
    Or some of us don't even like Blizzard now? I mean, I have pretty much no respect for the company today and how it handles many of its games.

So you can stop with the, "Oh, you're just a blind hater so I won't have a discussion with you!" nonsense, it's old and tired. If you want to have a discussion, have one. If you don't, then don't bother responding.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-08-10 at 06:10 PM.

MMOs with exclusive endgame design don't exist? Do you guys even listen to the crap you're posting?

And then, let me guess, you're going to argue none of them are succesful... Right, and then we get straight to the twisted point in your little heads and the entire premise of why you're in this thread making useless comments and baiting anyway, because in your minds WoW can be the only succesful MMO.

Please, you're all the same and I've got no interest in discussing anything with you types that are just here because you've got Blizzard halfway up your 'pants'
    Please continue to stick your fingers in your ears and shout "LALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU" please.

/yawn

It doesn't exist. Prove it.

You know hardcore/exclusive MMO design is dying when the guy sticking up for it won't even name any games.

I've the right not to reply to the posts and demands of the people I've no respect for. Thank you very much.
    And we have the right to laugh our asses off at how obvious it is that you know none of these "very successful exclusive MMOs" actually exist. lol

Anarch Logic™

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Considering garrisons were announced in their features well before WildStar got too specific about housing, and considering the general trend towards housing over the past few years in MMO's, this is reaching about as far as one can.

Not only is this not limited to WildStar (GW2, ESO, TSW etc.), but Blizzard has a history of ability pruning every single expansion. You're flat out incorrect here.

Well, I guess we'd better cite every other MMO without flying as well. And I guess we'd better cite Blizzard talking about wanting to remove flying, at least temporarily, from expansion starts on multiple occasions before WildStar. Also, flying may well make it into WoD later.

So again, flat out wrong.

Did I miss where Blizzard did this? I mean, they did challenge mode dungeons in MoP, years before WildStar, and I haven't seen any kind of "return" to challenging small group content announced for WildStar.

So unless you can provide some examples in WoD, you're still flat out wrong.

-

Then I guess we'd better look at GW2 and their story/side-quest-esque delivery system. And Rift and their shift towards hubs only giving story quests and all other quests being found in the world. And ESO moving away from hubs.

So again, you're reaching just about as far as you can and attributing something to WildStar that can easily also be attributed to many games launched well before WildStar.

I guess? Except that you need to buy various AMPS last I checked. This is also very, very much in-line with Blizzards continued "streamlining" of the systems for progression within the game. Automatic granting of abilities, change to talent system that granted spec specific abilities, pruning of talent tree in genera etc.

Yet again, reaching as far as one can to find something.

Well shit, I guess we'd better label every other game that has secondary stats in the MMO world. It's a long list and I'm lazy.

Rose Online says sup, SWG says sup, and there are a few others that have done it as well.

Not sure what models have outlines in WoW, but then again I haven't looked recently. Also, every single superhero MMO does this, as well as a few other odds. So again, not WildStar specific.

I have no clue what you're even trying to say here.

All in all, you've created a list of things that have about as much to do with WildStar as they have to do with a half dozen other games or more that have been out for longer than WildStar, and in many cases even before WildStar was announced or had any meaningful information about it. You're reaching insanely hard to try to make any kind of argument, and it's flat out ridiculous and extremely easily refuted. I'd suggest rather than trying to come up with some bullshit to "defend" your game and ending up with a terrible list, you simply enjoy it or try to come up with something substantive.
    Thanks for doing what I was too lazy to do

For the model outlines, when you hover your mouse over a person/object, it now has an outline. When I first saw it in beta it immediately reminded me of GW2.

I've the right not to reply to the posts and demands of the people I've no respect for. Thank you very much.
    So basically, "I'll ignore any argument you have unless you agree with me!"

Anarch, it's great that you have no respect for people who disagree with you. As for comparing WoW and Wildstar, Blizzard has always taken ideas from other mmos and added them up. WoW has the one thing that no other game will ever have: A very long and complex back story with multiple previous games and even books. In my opinion that is the key to success even if their engine is ancient! WoW will never be like Wildstar!

By the way, can someone go over to General Discussion and tell the people there about all these hardcore exclusionist MMO games that are wildly successful? Because the shrieking bawling hardcore tears over there have had a real "Death of a subculture too small to be commerically viable" sort of stink on them for the last few years.

Maybe they'd calm down if they knew they had all of Anarch's mystery games to play.