Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    Basically you're of the opinion that OOC guildmanagement shouldn't be a part of the game? Well, I don't agree with that at all. That part has always been one of the most fun parts for me about an MMO. The OOC guild-management, politics and social interactions. The game content itself is just a catalyst for all that to be enjoyed.
    With a statement like that I think it's fairly obvious that you haven't set foot in GA and are basically just trolling.

It simply shouldn't be harder to run a guild of 60 people in a sandbox game than it is to run an entire empire of thousands of people in eve-online, and that's where we're at right now.

We're one of few guilds who have GA on farm, but we'll need to take at least a month where we do nothing but spend our time helping strangers to be able to start doing DS. It's a month without progression for any of our core memebers, and I'm fairly certain that by the time WoD releases people are going to be so fed up with these systems that we're going to abandon the game because of it.

Naturally we've done a bit of research with other guilds who are at our level, and we're not exactly like our problem is unique.

Not that I'm going to waste more time on someone as clueless as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    So to try to divert this river of venom, I've been interested in Wildstar and had been watching their Dev Speak videos but because at the time I couldn't check it out I just sort of stopped looking up Wildstar altogether. But I'm still interested in it and was wondering if the Engineer was a pet class or if those robots were more like cds. I like pet classes from the Necromancer from EQ and Diablo 2 (and lesser extent GW2) to the warlock in WoW and was wondering how well they play overall.
    They're full time pets, you can have 2 out at once. They work just like warlock pets. They do their own autoattack and you get a special ability associated with each one (like one gives you a taunt for the pet to use, another is a big aoe, another is an aoe snare, etc). They're a bit dumb and will pull stuff you don't want so have to be careful with them, but they're working on that.

Edit: oops, thread moving fast today and didn't notice this was answered.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Just wanted to thank the people that replied to my query on whether the game is worth picking up or not. Thanks for the replies!

One small question to follow up though: How indicative of the overall community is this thread likely to be? Because so far I see nothing good.
    The closest analogy to this thread would be you going to Shell or BP and ask them what they think about electric cars.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Eh, in fairness, that's not TOO different from other games. People quit groups in WoW the second the tank pulls an extra mob, or a healer takes 1 second longer to dispel something than they feel they should have.
    Nah...my wife is still playing and trying to get attuned, so I can vouch from watching her experiences that it is far worse than any MMO I've ever played, ever. Not simply because of player attitudes, but because of the lack of value of continuing past certain events transpiring. In most heroic dungeons in other games, there is still a value to pushing ahead. Whether it is gear, a currency, some quest completed...there is inherent value in staying.

In Wildstar, there is no value in staying. Almost everyone is in there for silver. If even one thing happens, including a wipe, that's likely not possible and now your whole group wants to disband. The rarer cases where people are actually in there for 'gear' (don't know why they think it gives any) won't even try to help the others that need silver creating a hostile group that disbands immediately when they catch on to what the others want/are doing.

So what this looks like in real time is not just 'others' creating problems by leaving/disbanding, but the actual player in question being defeated within minutes of accepting the queue into leaving or trying to force disband. It's a very negative culture that their systems design has created. My wife was trying to hold out so hard on loving the game, but is developing a deep loathing for Carbine on a design level. She's a game designer herself, so when she gets angry about design she gets hella angry, she-hulk smash. I don't think she'll keep playing if it doesn't change.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vildanden View Post
    The raiding content in Wildstar isn't barred from people who are lazy or unintelligent as it's actually not that hard.

The real challenge is the logistical nightmare. My guild has GA on farm now and we would like to move into DS, but it's next to impossible for us to grow our raiding rooster from 30 to 60 people.

30 extra people will require us to do a ton of pro-bono work for a bunch of people we can't be completely sure won't just leave us once we've helped them. Adding 30 people requires a complete rework of our social group dynamics as new personalities join and want to be part of our team. Alternatively we could merge with another guild, but who would lead, who would main tank and so on.

Ideally we should have run two separate groups in GA, and that was the initial plan but it turned out to be impossible as it has been extremely hard to recruit new people since the first month (especially leadership material).

Basically we're spending more time fighting the systems than the actual content.
    That's a problem a lot of guilds face, reason we have been trying from the start to get two teams up and running what isn't easy due to how the raid lock outs work. What lead us to simply recruit players now and drop them in on farm raids see how they do, then drop them in on the deep in and see how they do and so slowly increase our roster.

What means we are at an annoying spot that we can't yield 2, 20 man teams but we are benching at least 10 per raid.

You also don't really need 60 that's an immense roster for a 40 man, i generally count about 20% reserve for any raid roster, unless you really have a lot of infrequent raid attendees. but a bench of 20, sheesh try rotating that in fair and often, you're going to be resetting your progress quiet a bit or lose people anyway due to them being benched for too long.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    About that,

[–]Fraymond 43 points 9 hours ago
    Some details regarding our progression.
    Had around 250 wipes. Around 150 of those had 40 people. Had to cancel around 50% of raids over the last month due to human shortage.
    X-89 and Kuralak took us 1 Day
    Prototypes took us 1 Day
    Phagemaw took us 1 Day
    Convergence took us 3 Days (this is where we stopped knowing the fights)
    Ohmna took us 7 Days
    System Daemons took us 41 Days
    Would like to mention that we still need a ton of people. We're just barely scraping by in terms of player count. Had exactly 40 tonight.

That's not even counting the 300 PPP requirement for each of those 40 people.
    Grats..............

The 40 man problem, I remember having to run MC in wow with another guild to make up the numbers.....never ideal
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2014-08-11 at 05:23 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quite sure my guild had GA on farm long before you did. You can check the thread history if you want. We also are capable of fielding a 40m raid with our current roster. You shouldn't assume what other people are or what other people enjoy about a game or not.

So a post in a thread is now proof of something. Well in that case I've done cleared all Wildstar content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    So a post in a thread is now proof of something. Well in that case I've done cleared all Wildstar content.
    big GRATS ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a few things i want changed but mostly it's the lock out system to be boss instead of instance based. The difficulty level is fine.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quite sure my guild had GA on farm long before you did. You can check the thread history if you want. We also are capable of fielding a 40m raid with our current roster. You shouldn't assume what other people are or what other people enjoy about a game or not.
    Just like we can assume you're not telling the truth? You keep making claims about being in world first guilds, but not once have you given proof. Why should we discount his claims but believe yours?

10+ Year Old Account
    without 'issues' there wouldn't be a game to play
    We've now progressed from giving excuses why bad design exists in games to stating we need bad design or else the game wouldn't even exist and wouldn't be fun.
    BAD WOLF

40 man raids in a game with a fast shrinking playerbase. Better get on them while you still have 39 people to raid with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    It's not LFR that we are asking for. Just some solid accessible content at a solid difficulty (presumably Kara or Naxx 10/25) would be fine.. Why do you think WoW Vanilla/TBC worked so well? It was because in every tier, the difficulty of the raids and bosses kept getting higher and higher. The community would be built up, and the game would be perfect. Its why wow has these specific difficulty modes (easy normal and hard) with their raiding, as they kinda got a good grasp on it now with WoD. Even with Sunwell, I knew of several guilds that had players decked with tier 5/6 gear and still couldn't kill Kil'Jaeden or M'uru. Many were on Kil'Jaeden but that guy had a lot of stuff going on.

Instead they did what RIFT did, introduced difficult 5 mans and a difficult raid like Greenscale's Blight and as time passed, then they started to nerf content.

Perhaps this is asking for too much, but they should have released a large 20 man and a large 40 man, both with some kind of attunement (mostly story based just to learn about what is going on, and possibly the silver dungeon requirement). This would have solved so many issues instead they are going the route of the copout RIFT path and are just going to nerf it later.

Honestly, I am kinda out of my investment with WS right now. WoW has problems but since I am doing flex/normal raiding again, I am having fun again and I am playing Dark Souls 2 and its dlc for fun's sake now. So got not a lot to complain about.

You do know that WoW did the exact same thing with releasing almost every raid as being hard.. RIGHT? In TBC even Karazhan was very difficult in its 1.0 form. Over time it got nerfed. Same thing with Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon, SSC/TK. Over time those instances all got nerfed, mainly when the most hardcore guilds got into the next tier of content.. then Blizzard would nerf down previous content so casuals could do it too. Not til WOTLK did Blizzard start releasing content for casuals right from the start of the raid release.

"Having to farm the same content for a month before we can do 40m" is a pretty weird complaint to me as well. Don't go play other MMOs or you'll have to wait half a year before you get your hands on the next raidtier everytime.
    Who has made that complaint in this thread so far? I don't claim to have read every single post, but I've not seen it. Or is this just a complaint you're making up to support your argument?

10+ Year Old Account
    So yeah, that quote doesn't say anything close to the words you're apparently putting in that poster's mouth. Do you even read before posting some of this stuff? It doesn't not look well for you.
    BAD WOLF

If it was a core group farming for a month, I'd agree. The difference is that it's spending the time recruiting such a large number of random folks, some of whom will leave, and gearing them all up that it becomes a logistical pain in the ass.

There's a difference between fighting the encounters within the game, and fighting the systems within the game and people outside of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guild name? Absurdum?

Ah okay, in your mind it's not what he wrote if he didn't literally spell it out. Well, people who are experienced with the game 'know' what he was talking about. Please don't comment if your opinion is not informed.
    Well then, the only one who apparently "knows" what he is talking about, would you care to elaborate on it, and why what he's complaining about is actually a good thing for the game?

Helping other people for over a month before they can enter DS pretty much just means for them having to farm GA for a month. It's exactly what I said it was. It was just worded differently.
    So it's spending a month farming to gear up a few people when everyone else is geared out. So in that month to gear up say, 15 people, you have 25 people who are bored to tears and dying to get to the 40 man content.

Again, how is that a good thing and not something that leads to frustration and boredom?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's exactly what I said it was. It was just worded differently.
    You are now the authority on putting words in people's mouths? You should be ashamed. Not only did he not say what you said he did, but he likely didn't mean what you interpreted it as either. Sounds to me like he's iterating on the difficulties presented from having two modes of raiding in a singular progression scale, factored with the difficulty in attunement in regards to population challenges, and generally that none of that is fun to him.
    BAD WOLF