Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    Yup, I very clearly remember both of us being among the first ones to disapprove of the world boss grind in this thread.
    I also remember you asking for proof about poster's raid experience without ever showing yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Pages 900 through 2200. Enjoy.
    So no proof? Like the Emerald Dream all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    I also remember you asking for proof about poster's raid experience without ever showing yours.
    I requested that and delivered streams and even the guild helped lead, however even then people still took the opinion of those with no proof of them raiding that fit theirs more. So seems that doesn't even matter as long you don't fit the right "mindset"
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I requested that and delivered streams and even the guild helped lead, however even then people still took the opinion of those with no proof of them raiding that fit theirs more. So seems that doesn't even matter as long you don't fit the right "mindset"
    That's cool and all but clearly the proof comment wasn't aimed at you. If you want it to be well then that's your prerogative.

Wow @ the reaction this State of the Game is bringing out across various forums.

Carbine needs to announce something like the Halloween event ASAP, people are freaking out. Most of them don't even care about the content -- they just want their classes, rune changes, and bug fixes to be done already.

People must think themselves so clever trying to pull the 'proof, proof, proof'-card over and over again until they've lulled themselves into ignorance with it. Ridiculous.
    But you have done that as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    Wow @ the reaction this State of the Game is bringing out across various forums.

Carbine needs to announce something like the Halloween event ASAP, people are freaking out. Most of them don't even care about the content -- they just want their classes, rune changes, and bug fixes to be done already.
    Well if they can't get it done on time, they can't get it done. Rather to put it after WoD and get people back later.

Cause if i were to look at patch day and it was bugged as hell, i won't look at taking another peep until i'm far into WoD and done with the mythic raids.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Yeah damn that acid and his posse, pointing out things they dislike about the attunement and problems with the game. oh wait....

The circle jerk is in effect, so cute
    If only that was the issue here, and not you being insulting and condescending while defending the game with your life even when it makes no sense (yes, we know you don't like a couple things about the game, that doesn't invalidate people refuting your points).

Or you mean like those who are pretending that the attunement was a grind and desperately trying to convince yourself you couldn't get into raidcontent not because you lacked the aptitudes. Throwing hissyfits when those experienced with the content dared to point out that the PvE endgame content in this game was challenging. Right.
    Lack of fun, not lack of challenge. As usual though, you ignore everything that shits on your logic and try to keep saying the same things over and over in hopes they'll stick.

And ignoring us and any other raiding guild that spoke out against the PPP and world boss grind (everything else was done fast if you weren't bad on silver dungeons)
    How is having issues with illogical points ignoring that you have a couple issues with the game?

Funny from someone who compares content without doing it themselves.

Do you have proof I got no proof? Call my lawyer if you'd like to access the documentation. Perhaps we should also do a critical re-evaluation of our sources.
    Also gvy.
    You're actually assuming people who say they don't like the attunement and would rather it test their skills instead (making it tougher) lack the skill to do the attunement, what a stretch.

Best response to the State of the Game:

RIP Carbine. I used to defend you to all of my friends, they would say things like you're not good enough for me, or you never listen. I always told people with pride I was with you, even when you would make me pay when you took me out to dinner. Sure I thought it was weird when I would come over to your house, and it was filled with bugs, but I learned to like the eccentricities. It was love at first sight, and it hurts to do this. I swear it's not you it's me, I just need to focus on myself for the time being. I know someday you'll find someone right for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    If only that was the issue here, and not you being insulting and condescending while defending the game with your life even when it makes no sense (yes, we know you don't like a couple things about the game, that doesn't invalidate people refuting your points).

Lack of fun, not lack of challenge. As usual though, you ignore everything that shits on your logic and try to keep saying the same things over and over in hopes they'll stick.

How is having issues with illogical points ignoring that you have a couple issues with the game?

Funny from someone who compares content without doing it themselves.

You're actually assuming people who say they don't like the attunement and would rather it test their skills instead (making it tougher) lack the skill to do the attunement, what a stretch.
    In what realm of existence am i defending the game? really confused about that.

All commenting i did comes from content i experienced on any game.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Hey folks, let's tone things down a whole lot. There's way too much antagonizing going on here and it's not cool. Keep things productive and respectful or take a break from posting in this thread for a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Heck, can't we just lock the thing, already? There hasn't been any real talk about the game itself in forever, aside from some copypastas of dev posts.
    Gets my vote.

What's happened with the servers and the game's population is a perfect example of Carbine making a choice that harmed the game quite a bit but never had to happen. When people were complaining about server populations, they were not asking for megaservers - they were asking for server mergers. Now if we are to believe what Carbine has told us, instead of acting decisively and closing/merging servers to quickly consolidate the population, they chose to go completely silent on the issue while developing completely new architecture in order to make the megaservers a thing.

The result? Populations shrank even more as Carbine refused to dress the wound, all because admitting that they had to close servers would be 'bad PR.' Now megaservers will be a thing, but they're irrelevant because they ended up opening free transfers anyway, just much much later than they should have, and now there's no one left. Further compounding the issue is that the remaining players have already clustered onto the last few remaining servers, but that the impending megaservers have them believing that it will somehow improve their population - when everyone left is already there. The only people left to consolidate now are the few stragglers left on the RP servers. Carbine set themselves up for yet another huge disappointment.

The quarterly drops are them doing the same exact thing all over again. They needed to break things up, to give players a steady drip of changes to keep things getting better. What they've actually ended up with is a mess of interdependent things that can't be released until absolutely everything is done - and by that point it will be too late.

It's time to take that front-loaded CREDD boost they got at release and invest it into some serious overtime.
    Think this nails it on the head pretty well. They've really got to fix their team... the direction they're taking is backasswards.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well more overtime certainly isn't going to fix anything. It was pretty much common knowledge they've been working like 60-80 hour weeks at minimum and the glassdoors only backs that up. It seems like they have incompetence at the top and overworked talent at the bottom. At this point I think the only reason people would keep working there is because the state the game is in now only hurts their resume.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Well more overtime certainly isn't going to fix anything. It was pretty much common knowledge they've been working like 60-80 hour weeks at minimum and the glassdoors only backs that up. It seems like they have incompetence at the top and overworked talent at the bottom. At this point I think the only reason people would keep working there is because the state the game is in now only hurts their resume.
    I'd question if that's still the case or not. I mean, I can kinda see it happening right now given the shape things are in, but it's not common for post-launch MMO's. In the months leading up to launch, it totally happens for just about every major game. Crunch time is awful : (

Though I doubt it hurts their resume. Given how the MMO industry is filled with folks who have their resumes littered with less than successful MMO's, and senior leadership make their way from one lackluster game to another, I'd imagine they won't really see any negative affects.

Did... Tony Rey really just do this? Is he trolling the playerbase?

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...ame/?p=1191419

Hey Everyone,

We are aware there are some lingering questions that you have about the State of the Game post. We are currently gathering your questions/feedback and will be posting a follow up to help clarify as many questions as possible. There is currently not a day set for this follow up post, but look for it this week or next at the latest.
    Instead of interaction, WAIT FOR A POST? MORE WAITING?

I don't see the issue with that. He's letting folks know that they're paying attention and care enough to respond. Better than saying nothing at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I mean there's not much you can do about this situation. I hate Tony, because since moving to this game he's become a dbag to the nth degree, but it's better to tell people they know there's more questions and they will get to them instead of just ignoring everyone. I think he has some awfully weird word choice/sentence structure, as I would have left out the "There is currently not a day set..." bit and just said it would be out sometime this week or next.
    BAD WOLF

I dunno, with the trainwreck that's currently going on, some sort of direct interaction would be nice. 7 pages now and all we get is a "we'll get around to answering your questions at some point in the future."

The community and dev team used Twitter, Reddit, and the forums to push their game... but now they can't be assed to answer a few questions? Alleviate some of the concerns?

/shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    The community and dev team used Twitter, Reddit, and the forums to push their game... but now they can't be assed to answer a few questions? Alleviate some of the concerns?
    I mean you said it yourself, it's a train wreck. Right now they're too busy trying to get the train on the tracks. I'm still convinced they are working on the F2P transition and it's causing the delay. Every time this happens it's the same scenario. Communication severely decreases, almost no content to be seen, and then bam all these flashy F2P announcements and they're off to the races. Seeing how bad the decisions have been to this point, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't develop the F2P backup plan during development and are having to do it all from scratch.
    BAD WOLF

I dunno, with the trainwreck that's currently going on, some sort of direct interaction would be nice. 7 pages now and all we get is a "we'll get around to answering your questions at some point in the future."

/shrug
    I do see what you mean. It was better than nothing, but there has to be atleast one thing they can answer that doesn't require a meeting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I mean you said it yourself, it's a train wreck. Right now they're too busy trying to get the train on the tracks. I'm still convinced they are working on the F2P transition and it's causing the delay. Every time this happens it's the same scenario. Communication severely decreases, almost no content to be seen, and then bam all these flashy F2P announcements and they're off to the races. Seeing how bad the decisions have been to this point, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't develop the F2P backup plan during development and are having to do it all from scratch.
    I'm a miser so I will play the crap out of wildstar if it goes f2p.